Vulnavia
The Talking Cabbage
Raku
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 10]

burrunjor

burrunjor

iank wrote:It's also a rip-off of Rose getting her own sex doll Doctor.
Moffat and Davies are both embarassing fan fic writers wanting the Doctor to end up forever with their personal Mary Sues.
Embarrassing. Rolling Eyes

Oh they are, but to be fair this is just a rumour and I don't think even Moff would actually undermine Peter Capaldi to such an extent that he'd have Matt Smith show up.

Zarius

Zarius

Adam Ant Driver

Adam Ant Driver

Zarius wrote:
Coincidentally I'd just watched this after it appeared on the youtube homepage and thought it accurately reflects the attitudes of some of our members. I haven't seen the video about the new costume yet but I might give it a go.

https://thehiveforum.forumotion.com

Defeatment

Personally I feel Americans have more imposing problems to make videos over.
I don't give a shit if he watched during Tom Baker. I watched around that time. The BBC owe us NOTHING!
When in the Classic era have the production office acknowledged or done anything for The Fans?
Really wracking my brain on that one!
Barry Letts didn't. JNT, although he went to the conventions can't think of a single editorial decision he made to appease fandom. So if anything the current and last producer is playing to type by being aloof and secretive about decisions that turn out crap.

burrunjor

burrunjor

Personally I feel Americans have more imposing problems to make videos over.

Well to be fair to the guy its not like he's claiming to be a big social commentator is it? He's a nerd who makes nerd videos. That's it.

When in the Classic era have the production office acknowledged or done anything for The Fans?
Really wracking my brain on that one!
Barry Letts didn't. JNT, although he went to the conventions can't think of a single editorial decision he made to appease fandom. So if anything the current and last producer is playing to type by being aloof and secretive about decisions that turn out crap.

The thing is Chinballs and Moffat ARE pandering to a group of fans.

The SJW, tumblr, feminist fans. My god everything since 2014 has been done for them.

Clara being bigged up at the expense of the Doctor (because they bitched about how sexist it was in the Matt Smith era that the Doctor was made the hero instead of his companion and that's sexist.)

The constant anti men, anti white people remarks about things always working out for white people, the future being all female, toxic masculinity, men being all egotists, history being white washed, not to mention the cringey punching a racist, and anti Donald Trump remarks too.

Casting a black actress solely because she is black. I had no problem with Pearl Mackie, but Moff openly admitted that that was the only reason he cast her which is terrible. First of all he excluded tons of white actresses for the role (excluding people based on their skin colour is fucking textbook racism.)

Also its ironically condescending and insulting to only cast a black woman because she is black. Look at Craig Charles. He won the role of Lister, the lead of the show, through his own talent. Pearl Mackie however feels like a virtue signalling trophy. However Moff did that to pander to them because they wanted more black people in the show because they think that will solve all of society's problems.

The female Master who was also rewritten to be in a romantic relationship with the Doctor, which completely and utterly destroyed the character, and salted the earth for future writers to do something with the villain.

I might add that pandering to this audience has killed the show's popularity. Viewers are down at 2 fucking million!

Yet ironically apart from people like me who are dismissed as sexists, people aren't looking at this the same way they did JNT supposedly pandering to fans like Ian Levine in the 80s?

I'm not saying that you are like this, but I do think that people only ever think that its the worse thing to do to pander to the fans when its "sad anoraks" than SJWs because of misandry ironically.

People assume anorak fans are men, so they are seen as entitled and the last people we should want as a fan. SJWs however they assume are women (of course in both cases that's a stereotype.)

Still that's the idea and so self loathing fanboys like Paul Cornell think its okay to write the show for the fans as long as those fans ironically care more about their stupid political agenda than the show.

With this in mind, yes I think long term viewers have a right to feel bitter. The show doesn't even remotely resemble the one they grew up with, and worse its also being rejected by mainstream viewers too, yet even with that, its STILL being written for a group of "fans" who came here later than everyone else, and only got their way by slandering and bullying the producers.

Worse still long term viewers are now getting told the show doesn't owe THEM, that THEY can't always have it their own way, and that the show should never pander to people, by the SJWs and other self loathing fanboys.

Zarius

Zarius

Get ready for Christmas spoilers in advance, as they've decided to screen the special at several venues across the North of England between December 14th and December 22nd.

That said, apparently the screenings will NOT include the actual regeneration, which will be reserved for Christmas Day.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/11/23/doctor-christmas-special-screened-first-north-england/

burrunjor

burrunjor

Brilliant video.

iank

iank

I find the notion that the show doesn't owe its fans anything decidedly disengenous, if not outright bullshit. You make a show with this title, you have an obligation to make it remotely similar to that show. If you don't, you can not then start whining when the fans of that show not only complain, but outright stop watching.
They did the exact same with The Bill in the 2000s. Make it OTT ridiculous to draw in the stupid, fickle audience, which works for a brief time... and then when they lose interest and they try to revert to form they find they've lost their original audience, who have turned over to find something a bit less fucking retarded and hopefully with a bit more respect for its audience.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

Mott1

Mott1

The odd thing about The Bill was that it succeeded initially because of its seemingly limited format, not in spite of it. Its' short half hour running time, down to earth characters and occasional shocks made it a consistently quality show - before it became right on and got taken over by 'ishoos'.

sanchez ll

one of the saddest aspects re modern Dr. Who (I admit I haven't seen much in recent years besides bits on youtube via critical reviews by viewers of the show) is how strong followable adventure stories have apparently disappeared....

and instead it seemed to be alot of 'intense serious whispery' scenes, phony emo tosh, great emphasis on how (very one dimensional often stereotypical) people are supposedly feeling and how 'affected' they are by all the confused claptrap going on (which it seems supposedly = great drama these days) ....

....with scant proper storyline development or any real sense of credible danger and desperation or any kind of vague sense of reality in the show

if the basic product is naff people no matter how devoted to a show title will eventually give up...

Zarius

Zarius

Writing/Watching for the feels is my biggest peeve about the show. It worked well for RTD back in the day (and I enjoyed it to such an insane level, anyone who was around back then can tell you I was an insufferible twat) but not everyone is a qualified soap binger like he is. It's a shame because I know Moffat is actually very good at relationship drama from back in the days of Press Gang and Joking Apart. Characters there would have made for fine companions.

Zarius

Zarius

Who's looking forward to the Christmas Special then? :D - Page 4 Doctor-who-twice-upon-a-time-1143248

Two Doctors stranded in an Arctic snowscape, refusing to face regeneration. Enchanted glass people, stealing victims from frozen time. And a World War One captain destined to die on the battlefield, but taken from the trenches to play his part in the Doctor's story.

"An uplifting new tale about the power of hope in humanity's darkest hours, Twice Upon A Time marks the end of an era. But as the Doctor must face his past to decide his future, his journey is only just beginning."

Defeatment

Episode to be shown early for a "Reaction Video".

https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/whovians-xmas-special-studio-audience-tickets-34220713074

Altogether now! "OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! *waves hand in front of face NO!!! *Pull shocked expression "Yay! I clapped because I recognised something in the show! *Get tearful near the end"

But then I can talk, if I was in the Reaction group I'd just go on about how great Soft Machine were as opposed to "reacting" to what was on the screen.

Plain Old Dave

I have mixed feelings about the Christmas show.

First, David Bradley. I was very impressed with him in "An Adventure...." and from what I saw fears that he won't do a fine job as a First Doctor reenactor are unfounded. Looking forward to it for that.

Second, Peter Capaldi. Easily the best full-time Doctor of NuWho, and I'm disappointed to see him follow the "three and out" so-called rule.

Third, Doctor Who as we have known it for 54 years now will end at the end of the episode. DW is almost unique in television in featuring a male lead solving problems against type, and Peter Davison (as terrible as his era was) was on point in his comments that got him run off Twitter; there aren't many media role models for boys for a man solving problems in a nonviolent fashion. Ms. Whitaker's appearance will end this and that is something I am candidly NOT looking forward to.

Zarius

Zarius

Here's the provisional Christmas Day listings for BBC ONE

6.00am Breakfast
9.00am Film : Snow Queen (2002)
9.45am Go Jetters Christmas Island
10.00am Christmas Morning Service​ live from All Saints Church, Fulham
11.00am Snow Chick : A Penguins Tale
12.00pm BBC News, Weather
12.10pm Top of the Pops
1.10pm Stick Man
1.40pm Film : Shaun the Sheep Movie (2015)
​ 2.50pm BBC News, Weather
3.00pm The Queen
3.10pm Film : Cinderella (2015)
4.45pm The Highway Rat
5.15pm BBC News, Weather
5.30pm Doctor Who : Twice Upon a Time
6.30pm Strictly Come Dancing Christmas SpeciaL
7.45pm Call the Midwife
9.00pm EastEnders
10.00pm Mrs Brown's Boys
10.35pm 300 Years of French and Saunders
11.25pm BBC News, Weather
11.40pm On Christmas Night
11.45pm Have I Got a Bit More News for You
12.30am Weather
12.35am BBC News

http://ukchristmastv.weebly.com/bbc-2017.html

Zarius

Zarius

Series 11 of Doctor Who is being shot using Cooke and Angenieux anamorphic lenses for the first time as the show’s production team move to make the show look more filmic.

Bristol’s Films at 59, the company that supplies equipment to BBC Studios for production of the sci-fi drama, is making available Cooke anamorphic Prime lenses and Angenieux Optimo anamorphic zooms that will be used with Arri Alexa XT and Alex Mini cameras.

According to Films at 59, director Jamie Childs and director of photography Dennis Crossan want the lenses to bring an increased cinematic look to the show which went into production at the end of October.

Films at 59 hire client manager Dave Wride said: “The BBC have made a monumental leap here to enhance the look of Doctor Who and I’m sure the fans will not be disappointed with the distinctly cinematic results that this lens and camera combo will afford them.”

Series 11 of Doctor Who will be the first to feature Jodie Whittaker as the Doctor and will also star Bradley Walsh, Tosin Cole and Mandip Gill.

Whittaker will be the Thirteenth Time Lord, taking over from Peter Capaldi who leaves the show at Christmas.

Series 11 will also be the first for new head writer and executive producer Chris Chibnall, who takes over as show runner from Steven Moffat.

The 10-part series will air in Autumn 2018, kicking off with an hour-long special followed by nine 50-min episodes.

Doctor Who is a BBC Studios production for BBC One and a BBC America co-production.

https://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/tech/lens-change-to-make-doctor-who-more-filmic/5124650.article

iank

iank

What, isn't it BBC Wales anymore?

Zarius

Zarius

iank

iank

In the final bit of Mofftwat pissing all over this show and its fans, Planet Mondas claims that Crapoldie elects to get himself castrated because the 1st Doctor isn't progressive enough...

Zarius

Zarius

iank wrote:In the final bit of Mofftwat pissing all over this show and its fans, Planet Mondas claims that Crapoldie elects to get himself castrated because the 1st Doctor isn't progressive enough...

That's in the interview I supplied in the link above. Here, I'll quote it

I suppose at the back of my mind I’ve known for ages the next Doctor was going to be a woman – although I didn’t know which woman – so I was thinking, “Why does he subconsciously make that choice?” Maybe seeing the whole span of his life as a man, seeing himself as the Hartnell Doctor, might make him think maybe it’s time to be a bit more progressive. Looking at how the first Doctor was, he’s hilariously not progressive.

burrunjor

burrunjor

iank wrote:In the final bit of Mofftwat pissing all over this show and its fans, Planet Mondas claims that Crapoldie elects to get himself castrated because the 1st Doctor isn't progressive enough...

Oh dear god. What is wrong with this piece of shit? I mean really. Steven Moffat needs to find his balls and fuck off from the sci fi genre forever.

He's actually made the Doctor ashamed of being a man! How is that not sexist exactly? Its not like the Doctor has gender dysphoria, he's just ashamed of being a cis white, hetero man so much he decides to castrate himself?

Yeah lets see him have Romana decide she wants to be a bloke after seeing her first incarnation who has been rewritten to be a man hating, nagging shrew, and so Romana decides that ALL women are that bad and changes.

The show is actually beyond a parody now. I absolutely fucking despise Steven Moffat. He will go down as the ultimate quisling of Doctor Who.

Sums up the relationship between the Doctor and Clara in 12's era.

About sums up the Doctor in the Capaldi era.

Defeatment

Christmas Day gore as an elderly man gets a hatchet in their head as children watch shock!
Nah, I know not a physical hatchet.
Plus, I've probably got it wrong. As usual.
But if "White Knight" and even holding the fucking door open for women is frowned upon, then The Doctor changing his sex to make amends is surely just as bad and patronising in this brave new world of paper-thin skin?
Ah forget it Jake, it's Chinatown.

Boofer

Boofer

That is really quite an embarrassing piece of right-on storycrafting given the amount of superior situations he could have engineered to justify the gender swap.

Personally, I'd have had a severely injured Missy hiding in the Tardis and throwing herself at the burning body of Capaldi in order to siphon off enough regeneration energy to obtain a new (male) body; waking up next to an unconscious JW playfully, sardonically saying, 'Oh dear, I must've.. well, aren't you a pretty picture!' Before taking off in a Tardis disguised as one of the Doctor's bookcases.

Instead we got:

burrunjor

burrunjor

That is really quite an embarrassing piece of right-on storycrafting given the amount of superior situations he could have engineered to justify the gender swap.

There can never be any story justification for a female Doctor in my opinion. It won't flow naturally like the other changes, will always stick out like a sore thumb, and always feel like a gimmick.

There are only 3 ways to have a character change gender and it make sense.

1/ Change the gender in a remake.

2/ Write the character as being like a real transexual, IE wants to change gender.

3/ Write the character as being generally gender neutral.

Now as we have explored NONE of these options is a good fit for the Doctor, so trying to crowbar a woman in after 13 men is always going to seem out of place and silly PS the exact same applies for any Time Lady character like Susan, and Romana. Trying to crowbar in Brian Blessed or Vinnie Jones after Lalla Ward, Mary Tamm and Juliet Landau would utterly destroy Romana as a character.

Ironically there could have been a decent story justification for the Master changing gender. The Master is a body snatcher, so you could have had him in desperation steal a woman's body.

I think you could have done quite a good story that way. Have it that after the Doctors sent Gallifrey into another universe, the Time Lords who only have enough power to send one of their own into our universe decide to send Romana to try and help the Doctor find and free them.

The Master however, whose body was dying in The End of Time (where he also ended up back on Gallifrey), steals her body like he did to Tremas so he could escape.

The Master in Romana's body tries to kill the Doctor. No stupid romance between the Doctor and the Master, the Master instead uses the Doctors affection for Romana as a defence. Like Brainiac does to Superman's friend Chloe when he took her over in this episode of Smallville here.

At the end the Masters mind is removed,and finds a new male body, the Doctor and Romana team up, find Gallifrey and then your spin off with Romana is set up. That would have been a better story, been a compromise for everybody, and ironically you'd have technically changed the Masters sex, and I don't think anyone would have noticed, the same way they didn't with Allison Mack playing Brainiac.

Do you EVER see anyone complaining that a woman played Brainiac in Smallville, like they do with Michelle Gomez as the Master? I might add that Brainiac is a far more iconic male villain than the Master too. But no one has ever complained about Brainiac's "sex change" because it had a proper story justification, was treated seriously, and flowed perfectly.

However they never tried to have any justification with Missy, and the female Doctor, because in Smallville's case they wanted to do a good story, where as all Moff has been motivated by is a combination of pandering to SJWs and spitefulness against classic era fans who he all sees as sexist, privileged shit lords.

Of course the sad thing is even though this shit will tank, we, the people who like DW will still be the ones who've lost. In a few years time DW will be dead as a brand and a total laughing stock.

The SJWs meanwhile like Whovian Feminism who never actually liked it, just saw it as a cause, a way to get back at men, and a way to further their careers, won't care, and will then move onto another franchise to sink. Hilariously the twats who run that one will still pander to them! Even though we've seen Ghostbusters, Doctor Who, DC and Marvel all sink, the out of touch twats in the industry will still think they are the real audience.

Steven Moffat must NEVER be forgiven. He is the cunt that sold us out. If only he had been blessed with a spine then maybe he would have stood up to these self indulgent, self righteous twats. Only good thing is everyone hates him now. SJWs still hate him in spite of chopping off the Masters cock to appease them, because he is a white, straight male, but now actual fans of the series hate him even more.

Last edited by burrunjor on 4th December 2017, 9:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum