Zarius

Zarius

The Beeb spoil a bit of the regeneration in this new trailer

Zarius

Zarius

Who's looking forward to the Christmas Special then? :D - Page 6 1513107892981

Boofer

Boofer

Zarius wrote:Who's looking forward to the Christmas Special then? :D - Page 6 1513107892981

Does that mean there's daleks in the special then?

Zarius

Zarius

Yeah, Radio Times confirmed that.

Doctor Who Magazine has a bit of dialogue between the First Doctor and the Ice Lady where he learns about all of the Moffat stuff that happens to him. From Pandorica, to Trenzalore, to the War Doctor

Mott1

Mott1

I think Tom Bradby of News At Ten would have made a good Hartnell Doctor, the amount of times he fluffs his lines.

Zarius

Zarius

Just watched Kevin O'Sullivan tear the special apart over on The Wright Stuff, says it's impossible to follow, panders too much to nerds, and will alienate the casual sort.

DeadManRising

DeadManRising

Zarius wrote:Impossible to follow, panders too much to nerds, and will alienate the casual sort.

That's pretty much the entire Moffat era in a nutshell.

Zarius

Zarius

Some spoilers are trickiling out through reddit

-Clara appears
-So does Nardole
-Capaldi helping to save Gallifrey in the 50th apparently is'nt revisited.

DeadManRising

DeadManRising

Isn't Susan going to appear also? I heard several rumours she'll pop up near the end of the episode.

Zarius

Zarius

I'm looking into it.

burrunjor

burrunjor

Zarius wrote:Just watched Kevin O'Sullivan tear the special apart over on The Wright Stuff, says it's impossible to follow, panders too much to nerds, and will alienate the casual sort.

Pandering to nerds, PANDERING TO NERDS!

I love the way that that is what mainstream critics think was wrong with the Capaldi era. It spat in the face of true Who fans almost non stop for 3 years.

Defeatment

That Sherlock episode where he was the Best Man.
This Christmas is going to be the equivalent of that episode isn't it?
Read of a TV critic laying into it on The Wright Stuff for being very casual unfriendly.
I know you see those words as vindication for your opinion on the current show, but it'll be the first couple of sentences in this post, fused with a public information film on how people new to Western Values should behave when coming to this country!

Zarius

Zarius

More from reddit:

-Clara is in the special, but not really. It's more of an "story driven" version of what happened with Amy in "Time of the Doctor", Bill transforms into her to help The Doctor in finding closure.

-Neither of The Doctors grow to love one another, merley tolerate

-Gatiss is related to Classic Who

-Capaldi's final speech is one big "good luck" toast to Chibnall and Whitaker.

DeadManRising

DeadManRising

Zarius wrote:More from reddit:

-Clara is in the special, but not really. It's more of an "story driven" version of what happened with Amy in "Time of the Doctor", Bill transforms into her to help The Doctor in finding closure.

-Neither of The Doctors grow to love one another, merley tolerate

-Gatiss is related to Classic Who

-Capaldi's final speech is one big "good luck" toast to Chibnall and Whitaker.

Wow. This is sounding more and more like an absolute fucking trainwreck.

Zarius

Zarius

Apparently Jenna will have more screen time than Karen got with her final cameo

New clip

burrunjor

burrunjor

Zarius wrote:Apparently Jenna will have more screen time than Karen got with her final cameo

New clip

I honestly don't know why they didn't use the original TARDIS interior design from the start? Its looks so much better than ANY of the new ones and on a modern budget its perfectly acceptable. (I might add further proof that they weren't as good was the fact that they kept changing, whilst the old one remained the same basically right the way through, apart from the brief wooden TARDIS bit in Tom's time.)

Pearl Mackie was also looking pretty in that clip. I don't get all the "Pearl is ugly" crap? Of course not that that matters at all in terms of performance. Just a general observation.

DeadManRising

DeadManRising

So... uh... where exactly did Bill's powers go? I thought she was supposed to be an immortal puddle thing who can travel anywhere in time and space?

Zarius

Zarius

DeadManRising wrote:So... uh... where exactly did Bill's powers go? I thought she was supposed to be an immortal puddle thing who can travel anywhere in time and space?  

The review on DWTV brings that up, saying Moffat's explanation allows for "narrative jumps", and that her exit this time is more definitive

The DWTV review had this to say about the depiction of the First Doctor.

On the subject of nostalgia, David Bradley of course is the biggest guest star of the episode and makes for a mostly impressive First Doctor. His intonation is spot on and he nails many of William Hartnell’s mannerisms and foibles. One area that may cause some controversy though is that his characterisation has been rather exaggerated so that ugly 1960s attitudes are much more overt. Moffat exploits this for gags and to contrast with the present, but it’s essentially untrue to the core nature of the Doctor.

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/twice-upon-a-time-advance-review-86499.htm

Also, Twelve's final speech isn't as good as Matts

DeadManRising

DeadManRising

I may be in the minority here, but I just can't take Bradley seriously as the 1st Doctor. As accurately as he may portray Hartnell's mannerisms, it just feels wrong bringing in new actors to try and impersonate deceased Doctors. And don't even get me started on the whole revisionist history BS of turning his incarnation into a sexist pig.

Boofer

Boofer

Nice nod to Bernard Wilkie there though.

iank

iank

DeadManRising wrote:I may be in the minority here, but I just can't take Bradley seriously as the 1st Doctor. As accurately as he may portray Hartnell's mannerisms, it just feels wrong bringing in new actors to try and impersonate deceased Doctors. And don't even get me started on the whole revisionist history BS of turning his incarnation into a sexist pig.

He's a CUNT, just like Mofftwat.
I refuse to watch this gobshite. I'll watch the regeneration on YouTube just for shits and giggles but fuck the rest of this horseshit.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

DeadManRising

DeadManRising

I'll be watching the special, and the first few episodes of Series 11. Purely out of morbid curiosity. I'm genuinely really interested to see just how badly this show is going to crash and burn.

Kaijuko

Kaijuko

Nice to see the old Tardis interior in that clip, but Gawd, I forgot how utterly annoying Bill is.  I really didn't mind her so much in 'The Pilot' (By NuWho standards, at least, especially after the abysmal Clara) but there's something about her in this sequence that seems custom-made to irritate and infuriate. Is it a special talent that Moffat has, choosing the most disagreeable companions for the Doctor, or is it just the shitty dialogue he gives them?

DeadManRising

DeadManRising

I hope Bill reminds everyone that she's a lesbian again. You know... just to make sure we don't forget.

iank

iank

Is Bill a lesbian then?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum