Why?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

52Series 12 - Page 3 Empty Re: Series 12 24th January 2019, 1:56 am

ClockworkOcean

Dick Tater

Two new writers apparently hired by Chinballs for Series 12:

- Victoria Asare-Archer
- Prasanna Puwanarajah

Predictably, not a scrap of genre experience between them.

53Series 12 - Page 3 Empty Re: Series 12 24th January 2019, 10:37 pm

Mott1

Mott1

Oh good: more inexperienced, box-ticking diversity - just what Nu Who needs right now!

54Series 12 - Page 3 Empty Re: Series 12 24th January 2019, 10:44 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

No lessons have been learnt it seems.

55Series 12 - Page 3 Empty Re: Series 12 24th January 2019, 10:58 pm

TiberiusDidNothingWrong

TiberiusDidNothingWrong
Dick Tater

I don't think folks like these are capable of learning.
Look at Moffat, who managed to degenerate every year despite meaning frequent claims of 'self-reflection' - trying so hard to win over people who were always going to hate him, and converting the ones who didn't.
The only good thing the late Moffat did for his reputation was hand over the show to Chibnall.

I wouldn't be surprised if the criticism actually encourages Chibbers to dig deeper into his hole.

56Series 12 - Page 3 Empty Re: Series 12 31st January 2019, 6:31 pm

Zarius

Zarius

57Series 12 - Page 3 Empty Re: Series 12 1st February 2019, 1:27 am

bryanbraddock

bryanbraddock

ClockworkOcean wrote:Two new writers apparently hired by Chinballs for Series 12:

- Victoria Asare-Archer
- Prasanna Puwanarajah

Predictably, not a scrap of genre experience between them.

Wait a minute. You mean instead of using common sence and listening to the backlash he's doubling down?!
Yeah, that's not typical SJW behavior at all Rolling Eyes

58Series 12 - Page 3 Empty Re: Series 12 1st February 2019, 3:10 am

ClockworkOcean

Dick Tater

bryanbraddock wrote:Wait a minute. You mean instead of using common sence and listening to the backlash he's doubling down?!
Yeah, that's not typical SJW behavior at all Rolling Eyes

The only question that remains is whether the lunatic fringe audience will be enough to sustain some flimsy pretence of popularity, or the BBC will be forced to admit how grave the situation truly is.

59Series 12 - Page 3 Empty Re: Series 12 1st February 2019, 12:41 pm

Zarius

Zarius

Some rumour circulating around GB that the regeneration is still on for Christmas 2020, and that there will also still be a new year special for a new Doctor. Series 12 is said to be eight episodes, and the BBC are thinking of dumping them on I-Player first.

60Series 12 - Page 3 Empty Re: Series 12 1st February 2019, 3:32 pm

Zarius

Zarius

61Series 12 - Page 3 Empty Re: Series 12 2nd February 2019, 6:58 pm

Zarius

Zarius

The show has already lost it's production designer! Arwell Wyn Johns will not be working on series 12 as he's been snatched up by Moffat and Gatiss to work on Dracula

http://cultbox.co.uk/news/doctor-who-series-12-photos-from-south-africa-filming

62Series 12 - Page 3 Empty Re: Series 12 3rd February 2019, 5:25 pm

Zarius

Zarius

The DW Legacy game is closing, so no chance of seeing Jodie and crew added to it Big Grin

https://www.reddit.com/r/doctorwho/comments/amp9yw/doctor_who_legacy_is_shutting_down_after_5_years/

63Series 12 - Page 3 Empty Re: Series 12 4th February 2019, 10:56 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Heard they're going to be filming in South Africa. More politically charged adventures on the way?

64Series 12 - Page 3 Empty Re: Series 12 4th February 2019, 5:46 pm

ClockworkOcean

Dick Tater

Commander Maxil wrote:More politically charged adventures on the way?

Without a doubt. "Political playwright" Vinay Patel is back. Searching for Prasanna Puwanarajah throws up tons of stuff about diversity, inclusion, representation, no-platforming, skin-queerness, the importance of stories reflecting lived experiences, etc. Victoria Asare-Archer keeps a low profile, but is said to be working on a "political drama". Ed Hime was the only Series 11 writer who actually brought any vaguely interesting sci-fi concepts to the table, which they made sure to compensate for by littering the episode with bizarre anti-single-father bullshit. All the evidence suggests that they're doubling down.

65Series 12 - Page 3 Empty Re: Series 12 4th February 2019, 6:56 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

ClockworkOcean wrote:

Without a doubt. "Political playwright" Vinay Patel is back. Searching for Prasanna Puwanarajah throws up tons of stuff about diversity, inclusion, representation, no-platforming, skin-queerness, the importance of stories reflecting lived experiences, etc. Victoria Asare-Archer keeps a low profile, but is said to be working on a "political drama". Ed Hime was the only Series 11 writer who actually brought any vaguely interesting sci-fi concepts to the table, which they made sure to compensate for by littering the episode with bizarre anti-single-father bullshit. All the evidence suggests that they're doubling down.

I just can't believe it. They must be a bunch of complete fuckwits to willingly repeat the most reviled aspects of the previous series.

66Series 12 - Page 3 Empty Re: Series 12 4th February 2019, 9:21 pm

iank

iank

Erm, they are. Never had any doubt. Just like I've no interest in Nurse Who.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

67Series 12 - Page 3 Empty Re: Series 12 4th February 2019, 9:50 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

Commander Maxil wrote:
ClockworkOcean wrote:

I just can't believe it. They must be a bunch of complete fuckwits to willingly repeat the most reviled aspects of the previous series.

But Jon Blum said that series 11 was a success, an amazing, brilliant, total success.

He's knows everything about everything, he's a tolerant, forward thinking, intelligent man who is completely in touch with what the general public want and he knows how to make successful tv.

Cheers Burrunjor.

68Series 12 - Page 3 Empty Re: Series 12 4th February 2019, 10:37 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Was nice of him to remove his head from his arse in order to watch it. I'm sure it slid right back up there once it had finished.

69Series 12 - Page 3 Empty Re: Series 12 5th February 2019, 11:03 am

QuietInRealLife

Zarius wrote:Some rumour circulating around GB that the regeneration is still on for Christmas 2020, and that there will also still be a new year special for a new Doctor. Series 12 is said to be eight episodes, and the BBC are thinking of dumping them on I-Player first.

This tells me that the BBC know Chibbers has blown it. The novelty of a Female Doctor has worn off, & most of the good will towards this new era from the casual audience has evaporated. The viewing figures for the special were atrocious, (not to mention the downward trend in the figures over the series) & with all the main cast returning, there's no audience 'hook' for series 12, either.

It's like watching someone repeat the exact same mistakes that were made during the Capaldi era, only this time even more incompetently.

70Series 12 - Page 3 Empty Re: Series 12 9th February 2019, 5:01 pm

Zarius

Zarius

Filming has wrapped in South Africa

Your Licence Fee Money:

The cast and Chris Chibnall have also been enjoying their weekends and days off in Cape Town.

http://cultbox.co.uk/news/doctor-who-filming-wraps-in-south-africa?fbclid=IwAR2C_Q9EF4WB1irf8yqR_nklJzq-gGaKSmudr7lnanHMbc8Q7X_x3ZUgD0Q

71Series 12 - Page 3 Empty Re: Series 12 9th February 2019, 7:43 pm

Boofer

Boofer

What a bunch of Fuckcunt McBollockshits.

72Series 12 - Page 3 Empty Re: Series 12 11th February 2019, 5:57 pm

Zarius

Zarius

73Series 12 - Page 3 Empty Re: Series 12 11th February 2019, 8:24 pm

ClockworkOcean

Dick Tater

Zarius wrote:

I don't buy it. I'd love nothing more than to finally see the franchise released from the tyranny of the Fitzroy Tavern cucks, but this is definitely too good to be true.

It's clear that the scum running the BBC these days only want to work with obsequious yes-men, talent be damned. A big name like Jackson would have far too much leverage.

Even if it were true, the only circumstance under which I'd ever be willing to give NuWho another chance would be if at least the Chibnall era were expunged from canon. The character of The Doctor is irreparably soiled in any timeline that acknowledges the existence of the Chibnall/Whittaker incarnation.

74Series 12 - Page 3 Empty Re: Series 12 13th February 2019, 6:12 am

TheTimeTraveller

TheTimeTraveller

burrunjor wrote:But Jon Blum said that series 11 was a success, an amazing, brilliant, total success.
Series 12 - Page 3 ?u=http%3A%2F%2F1.bp.blogspot.com%2F-wjpxqZRtsmU%2FU8fnUUmJozI%2FAAAAAAAAA8s%2FTvsgs0N9yCI%2Fs1600%2FWengUnmasked

75Series 12 - Page 3 Empty Re: Series 12 13th February 2019, 10:05 am

Zarius

Zarius

ClockworkOcean wrote:
Zarius wrote:

I don't buy it. I'd love nothing more than to finally see the franchise released from the tyranny of the Fitzroy Tavern cucks, but this is definitely too good to be true.

Big Mouth has connections, and his spoiler-free review for Resolution was spot on, so I'm inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt here.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum