Zarius

Zarius

2Series 11 Empty Re: Series 11 21st October 2017, 12:33 pm

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

3Series 11 Empty Re: Series 11 21st October 2017, 10:21 pm

iank

iank

Bad idea. Nothing against him, he was quite good in the end, but the show needs to drop every trace of the Mofftwat era at light speed.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

4Series 11 Empty Re: Series 11 22nd October 2017, 10:56 pm

Defeatment

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2017-10-22/doctor-who-bradley-walsh-tosin-cole-mandip-gill-and-sharon-d-clarke-join-jodie-whittaker-as-regular-cast-members/

Four heads in the TARDIS? Isn't there enough crampt in the series with just two?
Wonder who will be the Gan of the group? (In relation to the late actor David Jackson saying some scripts had him in the background with a few lines)

5Series 11 Empty Re: Series 11 22nd October 2017, 11:04 pm

iank

iank

It's looking more and more eminently missable by the day... Big Grin Big Grin

6Series 11 Empty Re: Series 11 23rd October 2017, 6:57 am

Zarius

Zarius

I think it'll work more like a procedural, with the characters taking turns travelling with The Doc

7Series 11 Empty Re: Series 11 23rd October 2017, 8:58 am

iank

iank

They really don't enough have episodes per season for that to work.

8Series 11 Empty Re: Series 11 23rd October 2017, 9:51 am

burrunjor

burrunjor

iank wrote:It's looking more and more eminently missable by the day... Big Grin Big Grin

Don't watch it Ian. That little cunt Chinballs doesn't deserve your time.

9Series 11 Empty Re: Series 11 23rd October 2017, 10:03 am

Boofer

Boofer

Must admit the whole thing's looking like a clown show so far.

Why Walsh? He's not particularly accomplished as an actor. I'd have thought it would make more sense to bring back Frank Skinner.

As for the other two - no fucking clue who they are or what they're capable of. Let's hope they can actually act and are well-defined, compelling characters. However, I suspect they've been thrust into the show to make up diversity quotas, W1A-style.

Also, 3 companions strikes me as a vote of under-confidence in the lead actor, especially given the focus the modern show has had on binary companion-Doctor relationships so far. If Whittaker requires that much 'support' i.e. distraction, what does it say about her position as the central character in the show? And what does it say about the potential strength of her performances?

10Series 11 Empty Re: Series 11 23rd October 2017, 12:38 pm

Defeatment

Talking to a friend offline and I asked if he thought Jodie will be a one series deal?
He said yes. And then "So why haven't we had Romana or The Rani as a male?".
I should get him to sign up here!
And as previously said, I'm going to still watch this shit no matter how bad it gets. And it's been pretty bad!
Maybe something will snap and I'll finally break free of it.

11Series 11 Empty Re: Series 11 23rd October 2017, 5:31 pm

Zarius

Zarius

How many more times will they raid this movie for talent?

12Series 11 Empty Re: Series 11 25th October 2017, 6:12 pm

Rob Filth

Rob Filth

[heavy sarcasm]Wow! It looks so unlike ANY OTHER show now, doesn't it?[/heavy sarcasm]

I WON'T be watching, it looks like a b-movie version of "Class"....well actually, more like a z-movie version.

When there's other good series such as Ash vs Evil Dead, The Orville, Star Trek: Generations and Star Trek Continues(sadly coming to an end) - JUST WHY THE FUCK WOULD I WANT TO WATCH THIS SHIT?

Couldn't give a shit about fake pseudo-Who now, shove it down the toilet and flush the chain.

RIP Doctor Who.

The only thing which will bring me back now is a Paul McGann series, other than that, "Stick it up yer arse"

http://www.thefuckingobvious.com

13Series 11 Empty Re: Series 11 25th October 2017, 7:37 pm

Zarius

Zarius

Sam Hoyle, who also worked on Broadchurch as well as The Great Train Robbery movies and Chibnall's short lived Camelot, has joined the team as executive co-producer

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/doctor-who/news/a841469/doctor-who-sam-hoyle-broadchurch-producer-series-11/

14Series 11 Empty Re: Series 11 25th October 2017, 11:10 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

Rob Filth wrote:[heavy sarcasm]Wow! It looks so unlike ANY OTHER show now, doesn't it?[/heavy sarcasm]

I WON'T be watching, it looks like a b-movie version of "Class"....well actually, more like a z-movie version.

When there's other good series such as Ash vs Evil Dead, The Orville, Star Trek: Generations and Star Trek Continues(sadly coming to an end) - JUST WHY THE FUCK WOULD I WANT TO WATCH THIS SHIT?

Couldn't give a shit about fake pseudo-Who now, shove it down the toilet and flush the chain.

RIP Doctor Who.

The only thing which will bring me back now is a Paul McGann series, other than that, "Stick it up yer arse"

It looks like yet another Buffy rip off. Jodie is clearly going to be a sub Buffy character. Perky, snarky little blonde superhero (except like any standard SJW female hero now she'll have to insult men every two minutes.)

Bradley Walsh will be a sub Giles, and the two nerdy kids will be Willow and Xander stand ins. The male companion will probably want to shag Jodie, whilst the female companion will be jealous.

Then again Class was yet another rip off of Buffy, so I suppose you're right LOL.

15Series 11 Empty Re: Series 11 25th October 2017, 11:18 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

Defeatment wrote:Talking to a friend offline and I asked if he thought Jodie will be a one series deal?
He said yes. And then "So why haven't we had Romana or The Rani as a male?".
I should get him to sign up here!
And as previously said, I'm going to still watch this shit no matter how bad it gets. And it's been pretty bad!
Maybe something will snap and I'll finally break free of it.

I like the sound of this guy already! Sign him up right away! Also tell him about my idea of Brian Blessed as Susan. Might as well go the whole hog and make it a total parody of the original series now. It more or less is already.

16Series 11 Empty Re: Series 11 9th November 2017, 10:06 am

Zarius

Zarius

Apparently Radio Times will have a major feature on the new series in about two weeks time, and a summary of what was in it has been leaked

Seems Chibnall could be delving into Scaroth territory

As has been long rumoured the series will be fully serialised telling one (main) story. What hadn't been mentioned before is that Chibnall will be writing the lot, which is the main reason why it's only ten episodes. The plan is to bring back other writers for subsequent series and add a couple more episodes back to the length. The BBC will also be heavily promoting this as a brand-new jumping on point, so don't expect any returning characters/enemies/monsters.

The premise is pretty wild as well: in the first episode something will happen that splits the Doctor and TARDIS in three stranding them on Earth in the past (1968), present (2018) and future (2068). The TARDISes won't be able to travel in time but can still travel in space so it won't be entirely Earthbound. And while there are three Companions each Doctor will only have one, which explains how Bradley Walsh is able to do this while still carrying on with his other work.

The main narrative thrust for the series will be the Doctor(s) trying to put themselves back together again; each of them will have a distinct personality and they are able to communicate, so we get a multi-Doctor experience with only one Doctor.

That's everything that was mentioned so far and like I say I'll believe it when the story actually appears (or doesn't) in print but we've been promised something radical and that would certainly fit the bill.

https://www.trekbbs.com/threads/possible-major-spoilers-for-the-next-series.291158/

17Series 11 Empty Re: Series 11 9th November 2017, 1:34 pm

Zarius

Zarius

MORK CALLING ORSON

Series 11 DOMUOWAVoAArDoS

18Series 11 Empty Re: Series 11 9th November 2017, 2:06 pm

Defeatment

Capaldi going to get his ears pierced in the Xmas Special are will that be Timebollocks Magic?
It didn't look as feminine as I'd thought it would be.
The braces will be strategically placed during the cold shoots I'd imagine.
Funniest thing is the grey rock in bottom right of picture makes her expression look like she's been discovered having a turd on public property!

19Series 11 Empty Re: Series 11 9th November 2017, 2:48 pm

Boofer

Boofer

Subtle LGTB rainbow Wink LOL LOL

It's okay, but pretty uninspiring.

20Series 11 Empty Re: Series 11 9th November 2017, 4:13 pm

Rob Filth

Rob Filth

It looks like Rod, Jane and Freddy.

Who designed it, ex members of PIE or something?

Chinball's writing the entire lot? The story-arc sounds utter gash.

No thanks.

Better shit around, this is utter wank.

Best thing about this is the notion that it's going to last longer than one series. That bit gave me a laugh at least.

http://www.thefuckingobvious.com

21Series 11 Empty Re: Series 11 9th November 2017, 4:55 pm

Boofer

Boofer

It's not growing on me.

It's like they are deliberately attempting to androgenise and infantilise a young, attractive woman in order to detract from the fact she's a woman.

She looks like a half-dressed clown just before they apply make up. Not good.

22Series 11 Empty Re: Series 11 9th November 2017, 4:57 pm

Boofer

Boofer

I'm glad the toytown Tardis has disappeared though. I hated it.

23Series 11 Empty Re: Series 11 9th November 2017, 6:24 pm

Arthur Stengos

Arthur Stengos

I was hoping Jodie Whittaker's Dr Who costume would of been high heel boots, black fishnet stockings, suspenders, leather mini skirt. Oh well never mind lol. Wink

24Series 11 Empty Re: Series 11 9th November 2017, 7:16 pm

Adam Ant Driver

Adam Ant Driver

Zarius wrote:
As has been long rumoured the series will be fully serialised telling one (main) story. What hadn't been mentioned before is that Chibnall will be writing the lot, which is the main reason why it's only ten episodes. The plan is to bring back other writers for subsequent series and add a couple more episodes back to the length. The BBC will also be heavily promoting this as a brand-new jumping on point, so don't expect any returning characters/enemies/monsters.

The premise is pretty wild as well: in the first episode something will happen that splits the Doctor and TARDIS in three stranding them on Earth in the past (1968), present (2018) and future (2068). The TARDISes won't be able to travel in time but can still travel in space so it won't be entirely Earthbound. And while there are three Companions each Doctor will only have one, which explains how Bradley Walsh is able to do this while still carrying on with his other work.

The main narrative thrust for the series will be the Doctor(s) trying to put themselves back together again; each of them will have a distinct personality and they are able to communicate, so we get a multi-Doctor experience with only one Doctor.

I'm not keen on the idea of him writing the entire series but that idea doesn't sound too bad. A new jumping on point is what the show needs and the plot sounds high concept enough bring new life and energy to the show. Each time period having its own companion sounds better than having all of them sharing the TARDIS. Of course it all depends if Chibnall can depart from Moffatt's style and write the scripts without going up his own arse... so... Rolling Eyes

I'm not sure how I feel about the new costume, it could be a lot worse and is better than the hoodie and coat she wore in the reveal trailer. I was hoping we'd get a slightly more feminin mix between Pertwee and Capaldi and was expecting a faux-vintage/hipster costume closer to Smith, maybe the Doctor could have gone through some of Clara's old outfits or something. I did try to mock up a costume image when she was announced but I couldn't be buggered to finish it.

On the whole I'd say I'm cautiously indifferent.

https://thehiveforum.forumotion.com

25Series 11 Empty Re: Series 11 9th November 2017, 7:43 pm

Boofer

Boofer

Adam Ant Driver wrote:I'm not keen on the idea of him writing the entire series but that idea doesn't sound too bad. A new jumping on point is what the show needs and the plot sounds high concept enough bring new life and energy to the show. Each time period having its own companion sounds better than having all of them sharing the TARDIS.

It's all in the execution. Give Chibnall's previous forays into the world of Who, I'm not all that confident.

10 episodes is a fuck of a lot to handle too.

I'm expecting this to tank due to the confusing nature of the concept for casual viewers, who won't be able to dip in and out of the main arc and pick up on what's happening.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 40]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum