43 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 40]

1Series 12 Empty Series 12 17th November 2018, 5:06 pm

Zarius

Zarius

BBC have confirmed to Starburst that series 12 will air in Autumn 2019

https://www.starburstmagazine.com/doctor-bbc-confirm-series-12-broadcast-2019

However, a hot rumour is that next season may be Chris Chibnall's last as he is struggling behind the scenes, and Jodie may leave with him

Last edited by Zarius on 31st December 2018, 12:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

2Series 12 Empty Re: Series 12 17th November 2018, 6:18 pm

Boofer

Boofer

It's tainted.

It needs a long rest and a reboot if it's ever going to be resurrected.

I'm actually in favour of a new interpretation. Start from the beginning again, or at an Nth Doctor without the huge burden of 50+ years of continuity.

Let it make it's own canon on its own terms. Bypass the fan factions and create something great, unique - and full of vim, adventure and drama. Leave the past in the past. No referencing old or new, just the fresh canon of the new-new show.

3Series 12 Empty Re: Series 12 17th November 2018, 9:11 pm

iank

iank

I'm not in favour of leaving New Who as the supposedly legit continuation of classic. I agree it needs a long hiatus... and then bringing back as a new sequel to classic, with a new 8th Doctor. That doesn't need to be mentioned onscreen (maybe offhand at some point) but I'm not in favour of jettisoning classic and by God this trainwreck needs decanonising.

I'm not sure I buy these rumours though. They'll force 3 years of Nurse Who down our throats rather than admit to fucking it up.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

4Series 12 Empty Re: Series 12 17th November 2018, 9:32 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

I think they should just end it. It doesn't need to go on and on and on. Blake's 7 has never come back and its legacy is still intact ( although they'll probably reboot it with Avon and Blake being lesbian lovers or something). The end of the one and only Doctor Who series was Survival.

5Series 12 Empty Re: Series 12 17th November 2018, 10:09 pm

iank

iank

That is a valid option. I just find it really sad that they've fucked it up this badly, though, and I don't believe that the show needed any of this shitty "modernization" other than updated effects etc. It could so easily have been made right, and they've fucked it up every step of the way.

6Series 12 Empty Re: Series 12 17th November 2018, 11:48 pm

Boofer

Boofer

The only valid options are continuation (most likely), and reboot (less likely).

As nice as it would be to erase NuWho, something pretty dramatic would need to happen to make that a possibility.

Something along the lines of Savile or Rolf.

7Series 12 Empty Re: Series 12 17th November 2018, 11:51 pm

Boofer

Boofer

The BBC love their PC crap, so I reckon they're going to run it into the dust.

They'll be saying 2.5m viewers is good in a couple of years time because, in their opinion, that's 2.5m still watching their citizen re-programming course.

Series 12 The+Ipcress+File+GIF+-+Acting+Madness

8Series 12 Empty Re: Series 12 18th November 2018, 3:50 am

Rob Filth

Rob Filth

iank wrote: I'm not in favour of jettisoning classic and by God this trainwreck needs decanonising.

I'm not sure I buy these rumours though. They'll force 3 years of Nurse Who down our throats rather than admit to fucking it up.

Completely agree.

I reckon the third year will just be a year of specials before the thing finally gives out.

I don't think this is gonna last more than 2 series, I haven't watched a single episode but the response I've been seeing is that even those who thought that the dumb idea of making Time Lords gender-fluid was good are disappointed with what they've seen so far, some of them becoming very disillusioned as a result and calling it,"boring" and "dull".

http://www.thefuckingobvious.com

9Series 12 Empty Re: Series 12 18th November 2018, 9:23 am

burrunjor

burrunjor

iank wrote:I'm not in favour of leaving New Who as the supposedly legit continuation of classic. I agree it needs a long hiatus... and then bringing back as a new sequel to classic, with a new 8th Doctor. That doesn't need to be mentioned onscreen (maybe offhand at some point) but I'm not in favour of jettisoning classic and by God this trainwreck needs decanonising.

Agreed. I'd have been all in favour of leaving it after Survival. It had a good run, 26 years, 7 proper versions of the character, all as good as one another, and only IMO had 2 bad seasons, 23 and 24. All other series I'd say have at least 1 good story, a couple good stories, and maybe 1 shit story, although in some series like 13 its all classics but one, etc. Point is though most of it was classic or at least good solid tv, and whilst a new PROPER sequel would have been welcome, I'd honestly not have cared if there had been no continuation.

FFS Once Upon A Time, Buffy, Angel AND Xena combined aren't as long as Classic Who. Is that not enough?

However now that New Who has come along, for the sake of the classic era it CANNOT be left as the only sequel. Someone needs to do an alternate sequel so that New Who is just one group's interpretation.

I still say Classic Who needs to be like Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes stories. They are the only official canon. All of the other sequels are just whoever writes them's idea of what happened next, and you can take any or none as being what happened next.

All we need for Classic Who to become that is for other people to do their own sequels. Once we've had two or three then that's it. Classic Who stands as its own thing, and the launch point from now on is the 9th Doctor.

Ironically that will be better for New Who in the long run as there won't be so much anger towards it.

Godzilla is another example of this. You have the Showa era sequels that follow on from Gojira 1954, then there are the Hesei era sequels that ignore all of the Showa era films, and follow on from Gojira 1954, then there are the Millenium sequels, all of which are one off sequels to Gojira 1954.

Dan Dare is another example. The launch point for most is as a sequel to the original 50s-60s series. The 70s 2000AD series is a direct sequel to them, then the 80s New Eagle series ignores that and is a direct sequel to the 50s-60s series. Spaceship Away similarly ignores all of the 70s and 80s sequels and just follows on from the 50s-60s series, and finally even the latest Titan series follows on, albeit loosely from the 50s-60s series, whilst ignoring all of the sequels.

So IMO Doctor Who needs to go the same way. Then Classic Who will be saved and New Who can be decanonized like the sloppy fan fiction it is.

10Series 12 Empty Re: Series 12 18th November 2018, 4:47 pm

Zarius

Zarius

There's kind of four divergent timelines

-Original series. Ends at Survival (and possibly with Death Comes To Time, which ends in the Doctor's death...or ascension to godhood, depending on your interpretation)

-Virgin New Adventures/BBC Books (has it's own time war, ends with Gallifrey restored)

-Big Finish (their adaptations of the Virgin novels incorporate divert from the source material by incorporating elements of the new series by referencing Torchwood and the Time War, thus making it a seperate canon. Their Sixth Doctor regeneration story is also different to the BBC Books version. The Seventh Doctor is even depicted as having retained full knowledge of the events of Day of the Doctor)

-Nu Who

11Series 12 Empty Re: Series 12 18th November 2018, 7:42 pm

Boofer

Boofer

Nothing's going to erase NuWho from the existing canon unless we find out RTD, Chibnall and Moffat have been regularly holding kitten rogering parties for the past 14 years.

It's pure fantasy and not a feasible option, no matter how many of you are horny for it.

The canon is indelibly tainted by association. A reboot is one of the few fresh options on the table. And even then it'd be way down the line, long after the show has been abandoned by a (probably) private BBC

The biggest problem is the writers and producers who have taken over the show. There's nothing noble about their approach. The show is couched in the language of what Debord called 'the spectacle'. It's about creating a marketised image of 'diversity' which they can then peddle to the dumbed-down masses. This also has the effect of increasing the creative team's saleability in an industry full of identitarian, self-hating neo-marxists.

If you want to get on in TV these days, you have to be virtue-signalling prick.

12Series 12 Empty Re: Series 12 22nd November 2018, 1:01 pm

DogStar2000

Boofer wrote:It's tainted.

It needs a long rest and a reboot if it's ever going to be resurrected.

I'm actually in favour of a new interpretation. Start from the beginning again, or at an Nth Doctor without the huge burden of 50+ years of continuity.

Let it make it's own canon on its own terms. Bypass the fan factions and create something great, unique - and full of vim, adventure and drama. Leave the past in the past. No referencing old or new, just the fresh canon of the new-new show.

Sounds like a really good idea to me but I fear that there isn't anyone that could take on the show and not completely fuck it up. scratch

https://theleisurehive.proboards.com/

13Series 12 Empty Re: Series 12 22nd November 2018, 1:14 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

Boofer wrote:Nothing's going to erase NuWho from the existing canon unless we find out RTD, Chibnall and Moffat have been regularly holding kitten rogering parties for the past 14 years.

It's pure fantasy and not a feasible option, no matter how many of you are horny for it.

The canon is indelibly tainted by association. A reboot is one of the few fresh options on the table. And even then it'd be way down the line, long after the show has been abandoned by a (probably) private BBC

The biggest problem is the writers and producers who have taken over the show. There's nothing noble about their approach. The show is couched in the language of what Debord called 'the spectacle'. It's about creating a marketised image of 'diversity' which they can then peddle to the dumbed-down masses. This also has the effect of increasing the creative team's saleability in an industry full of identitarian, self-hating neo-marxists.

If you want to get on in TV these days, you have to be virtue-signalling prick.

I don't get why its seen as such an unrealistic option that the 9th Doctor will be seen as the starting on point for later writers and producers long after New Who has finished?

It happened with Godzilla about 6 times where everything after the 54 movie was junked. Dan Dare similarly made after the 60s stories the jumping on point. The 80s strips abandoned the 70s series.

Of course I'm not saying that just because it happened with those series doesn't mean it would automatically happen with DW. Still it isn't unprecedented, and the 9th Doctor is a good starting on point because there is already a gap between 8 and 9 and Classic Who is its own finished work of fiction.

It would be harder to have say the 6th Doctor be the start off point for instance.

You might think "Oh Godzilla isn't as famous as DW" but that's only here. In Japan Godzilla is every bit as famous as DW is here, if not more so. In fact I believe that a 90s Godzilla movie is the highest grossing film in Japan's history.

If its good enough for the Big G it should be good enough for the Doctor.

14Series 12 Empty Re: Series 12 22nd November 2018, 5:13 pm

Boofer

Boofer

The point I'd make is that Godzilla isn't a true canon, more a number of different interpretations - possibly due to its focus on film rather than television.

There was an opportunity for a similar variation to happen in the 60s with the release of the Dalek films, but they are long gone, and dead and buried (culturally). With the classic and new series, you have to contend with 50+ years of incestuous narrative continuity, whereas Toho's stuff varies dramatically from film to film, and the subsequent Showa period's lighter tone sets it in a different universe with a (friendly-ish) antihero Godzilla, which is why the Heisei series was able to completely ignore it.

Godzilla is more a concept universe than a canon one, whereas Who and NuWho have been soldered together - in spite of their differences - by little connections here, there and everywhere. They are now inextricable. The squeers, autists, shippers and self-beguilers just wouldn't let it happen. Nor would the BBC or this era's writing cabal.

15Series 12 Empty Re: Series 12 7th December 2018, 8:04 am

Zarius

Zarius

Bleeding Cool say the Chibnall and Jodie rumours are rubbish, but that the show will definitely not be on the air again until 2020.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/12/07/no-doctor-who-series-12-in-2019/

16Series 12 Empty Re: Series 12 7th December 2018, 9:56 am

bryanbraddock

bryanbraddock

Zarius wrote:Bleeding Cool say the Chibnall and Jodie rumours are rubbish, but that the show will definitely not be on the air again until 2020.

lol Bleeding Cool LOL

Bleeding Cool aka Bleeding Fool is the national enquirer of genre blogs. It's a far far left cabal of " journalists" who print gossip, rumor, innuendo and plain lies.

It's founder and main scumbag Rich Johnston is one of the most despised and reviled people connected to comics and sci-fi. He spends most of his time when he's not making shit up panhandling on twitter. This last summer he begged for chump change to get a cab because he was broke and couldn't get home.

If Bleeding Cool says Shittaker and Chinball are staying it probably means they've fucked off already. LOL

17Series 12 Empty Re: Series 12 7th December 2018, 10:17 am

TheTimeTraveller

TheTimeTraveller

Zarius wrote:Bleeding Cool say the Chibnall and Jodie rumours are rubbish, but that the show will definitely not be on the air again until 2020.

"no no no we're not getting rid of our talentless lead actress and producer, we're just putting the show on hiatus while we try and avert another year of ratings disasters."

Will the ship explode or sink? Or first one then t'other?

18Series 12 Empty Re: Series 12 7th December 2018, 12:17 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

"What's wrong with the word unsinkable. Oh nothing, said the Titanic to the ice berg. Glub, glub, glub, glub."

Series 12 Z

19Series 12 Empty Re: Series 12 7th December 2018, 12:52 pm

Zarius

Zarius

Jodie confirms she's back for series 12. No mention of her friends or Chibnall though

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/jodie-whittaker-confirms-return-doctor-who-season-12-1167388?

20Series 12 Empty Re: Series 12 7th December 2018, 1:36 pm

bryanbraddock

bryanbraddock

Zarius wrote:Jodie confirms she's back for series 12. No mention of her friends or Chibnall though

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/jodie-whittaker-confirms-return-doctor-who-season-12-1167388?

That was never in doubt.
Series 13 however is another matter...

21Series 12 Empty Re: Series 12 7th December 2018, 6:05 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Dear Jodie,

I'll acknowledge my white male privilege if you admit that you're not fit to play the character. Please do the right thing and resign before you do any more damage to the role.

Love Maxil x

P.S. I'd still love to bang you if you're up for it. Tell Mandip to come too!

22Series 12 Empty Re: Series 12 9th December 2018, 8:01 pm

Zarius

Zarius

No new series until 2020.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/doctorwho/entries/89823d93-ca6c-486b-9c82-2a71cd1560bb

MrTARDIS, Doctor Freedom, Who Addicts, Crispy Pro, Ace Creeper, Claudia...

23Series 12 Empty Re: Series 12 9th December 2018, 8:06 pm

Bill

Great Gene Wilder clip. Good news about the show. One episode in 2019, followed (probably) by Whittaker’s last series in 2020.

If the series is such a “great hit”, why lose momentum and wait?

24Series 12 Empty Re: Series 12 9th December 2018, 8:29 pm

Zarius

Zarius

Wow...and now the tide is shifting

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/a25448971/doctor-who-finale-viewers-disappointed/

It's a Christmas miracle Big Grin

25Series 12 Empty Re: Series 12 9th December 2018, 9:01 pm

iank

iank

Hooray!

None of this crap next year. Now that cheers me up no end. Merry Xmas everyone! Big Grin

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 40]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum