iank
Mott1
Pepsi Maxil
Bernard Marx
REDACTED
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Cat Fight

Series 2 Rose vs Series 8 Clara I_vote_lcap38%Series 2 Rose vs Series 8 Clara I_vote_rcap 38% [ 5 ]
Series 2 Rose vs Series 8 Clara I_vote_lcap62%Series 2 Rose vs Series 8 Clara I_vote_rcap 62% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 13

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Series 2 Rose vs Series 8 Clara Empty Series 2 Rose vs Series 8 Clara 3rd February 2020, 10:25 pm

REDACTED

Whilst both their characterizations in their first respective series were decent and well received. Both these characters went to shit in the next series along with the writing. Turning them both into unlikable cows. But who was the bigger evil?

Last edited by Indrid Mercury on 3rd February 2020, 10:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

2Series 2 Rose vs Series 8 Clara Empty Re: Series 2 Rose vs Series 8 Clara 3rd February 2020, 10:27 pm

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

In retrospect, both were always rubbish, although I controversially like series 7 Clara more than I do any iteration of Rose, yet dislike Capaldi era Clara more than any iteration of Rose, so I’ll opt for series 8 Clara.

3Series 2 Rose vs Series 8 Clara Empty Re: Series 2 Rose vs Series 8 Clara 3rd February 2020, 10:28 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Clara. She can piss in my mouth anytime.

4Series 2 Rose vs Series 8 Clara Empty Re: Series 2 Rose vs Series 8 Clara 3rd February 2020, 10:30 pm

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

Wait- was I supposed to be voting for who was the better one? Bollocks.

5Series 2 Rose vs Series 8 Clara Empty Re: Series 2 Rose vs Series 8 Clara 3rd February 2020, 10:30 pm

REDACTED

Pepsi Maxil wrote:Clara. She can piss in my mouth anytime.

What a very lovely mental image. Can't wait to see you put that concept to paper(!) Wink

6Series 2 Rose vs Series 8 Clara Empty Re: Series 2 Rose vs Series 8 Clara 3rd February 2020, 10:30 pm

REDACTED

Bernard Marx wrote:Wait- was I supposed to be voting for who was the better one? Bollocks.

It's actually supposed to be for who was the worst. Get there faster! LOL

7Series 2 Rose vs Series 8 Clara Empty Re: Series 2 Rose vs Series 8 Clara 3rd February 2020, 10:32 pm

Mott1

Mott1

I vote Clara as the best/worst.

8Series 2 Rose vs Series 8 Clara Empty Re: Series 2 Rose vs Series 8 Clara 3rd February 2020, 10:34 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Indrid Mercury wrote:

What a very lovely mental image. Can't wait to see you put that concept to paper(!) Wink

Only a select few may unleash their hot urine in my trap.

9Series 2 Rose vs Series 8 Clara Empty Re: Series 2 Rose vs Series 8 Clara 3rd February 2020, 10:35 pm

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

Indrid Mercury wrote:
Bernard Marx wrote:Wait- was I supposed to be voting for who was the better one? Bollocks.

No worries- that’s how I voted. Maxil’s response confused me for a moment. LOL

10Series 2 Rose vs Series 8 Clara Empty Re: Series 2 Rose vs Series 8 Clara 3rd February 2020, 10:36 pm

REDACTED

Pepsi Maxil wrote:
Indrid Mercury wrote:

Wow. Do Mistress's Shue and Langford get that glorious disgusting honour?

11Series 2 Rose vs Series 8 Clara Empty Re: Series 2 Rose vs Series 8 Clara 3rd February 2020, 10:36 pm

REDACTED

Bernard Marx wrote:
Indrid Mercury wrote:

No worries- that’s how I voted. Maxil’s response confused me for a moment. LOL

Maxil's responses baffle everyone mate. Nothing to worry about. Smile

12Series 2 Rose vs Series 8 Clara Empty Re: Series 2 Rose vs Series 8 Clara 3rd February 2020, 10:39 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Indrid Mercury wrote:
Pepsi Maxil wrote:
Indrid Mercury wrote:

Of course. They could fill up a glass and I'd drink it, mate. That's the last thing I'm going to say on the matter. I don't want people on the forum to think that I'm some kind of pervert.

13Series 2 Rose vs Series 8 Clara Empty Re: Series 2 Rose vs Series 8 Clara 3rd February 2020, 10:42 pm

iank

iank

What a horrendous contest.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

14Series 2 Rose vs Series 8 Clara Empty Re: Series 2 Rose vs Series 8 Clara 3rd February 2020, 10:43 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Indrid Mercury wrote:

Stop abusing the bloody strike feature!

15Series 2 Rose vs Series 8 Clara Empty Re: Series 2 Rose vs Series 8 Clara 3rd February 2020, 10:44 pm

REDACTED

Fucking make me dickhead!

Last edited by Indrid Mercury on 3rd February 2020, 10:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

16Series 2 Rose vs Series 8 Clara Empty Re: Series 2 Rose vs Series 8 Clara 3rd February 2020, 10:46 pm

REDACTED

Pepsi Maxil wrote:
Indrid Mercury wrote:
Pepsi Maxil wrote:
Indrid Mercury wrote:

Of course. They could fill up a glass and I'd drink it, mate. That's the last thing I'm going to say on the matter. I don't want people on the forum to think that I'm some kind of pervert.

Oh no. We definitely don't think that. Yes, your many demented ramblings definitely don't paint you in that light(!)

17Series 2 Rose vs Series 8 Clara Empty Re: Series 2 Rose vs Series 8 Clara 3rd February 2020, 10:47 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Demented ramblings? You're confusing me wiyth someone else, mate. My posts are always clear, concise and grammaricaly coorrect.

18Series 2 Rose vs Series 8 Clara Empty Re: Series 2 Rose vs Series 8 Clara 4th February 2020, 3:13 am

Ludders

Ludders

Never seen Series 8, but Clara wins by default.

19Series 2 Rose vs Series 8 Clara Empty Re: Series 2 Rose vs Series 8 Clara 4th February 2020, 9:14 am

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

I'm trying to think which I hate more. Turning Rose into a bitchier, pettier Eastenders teenager, or turning Clara suddenly into the Doctor's abusive carer and a compulsive liar to boot (and also someone with a strange love of making sassy jokes about soldiers with homicidal predilections to someone with battlefield PTSD).

To a degree, Series 8 Clara was always meant to be Rose on overdrive (hence Dalek and Into The Dalek)

What's worse to me? Being a spiteful little horror to Sarah-Jane or smacking the Doctor because she thinks she's a mind-reader.

For what it's worth, I'm probably the only fan who was completely on Clara's side in Kill The Moon. I thought in theory the idea of a more serious, headstrong Clara able to take center stage in Deep Breath had a lot of potential.

I suppose another factor to consider is that Rose felt overindulged and spoilt by her adoring Doctor (and even unbearably goaded on by him sometimes, i.e. The Idiot's Lantern), which was a little more sick-making. Clara seems to have become toxic in reaction to, frankly a Doctor who could be just as toxic.

So I don't know.

I think Series 8 lost its excitement to me very quickly in a way that Series 2 didn't. But Rose and Tennant being awful was enough to make me consider giving up on the show twice. Once in The Idiot's Lantern, the other in Shite & Monsters.

I'm at a bit of a loss really. But I think in the end I just found Series 2 Rose slightly creepier and more unnerving of the two. I'm not sure why. But I think Clara was more often reactively nasty, whereas Rose was pro-actively nasty.

20Series 2 Rose vs Series 8 Clara Empty Re: Series 2 Rose vs Series 8 Clara 4th February 2020, 10:14 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

I've always been bothered by her in Love and Monsters.

"You upset my mum! No one upsets my mum!" He's just seen all of his mates be absorbed by a monster and this thicko is banging on about her mother's feelings. I do love her piss poor attempts to try and console him later on in the scene, though.

Series 2 Rose vs Series 8 Clara Elton10

I would have told the gobby idiot to piss off.

21Series 2 Rose vs Series 8 Clara Empty Re: Series 2 Rose vs Series 8 Clara 4th February 2020, 10:23 am

burrunjor

burrunjor

Clara and its surprisingly not even close.

Rose was an awful, schmoopy character yes, but at least there wasn't the awful ideology behind Rose.

Clara taking centre stage was the start of Mofftwat's pandering. Basically the coward was too afraid to have a male Doctor be centre stage, so he had to emasculate the Doctor. As Iank said they basically chopped his balls off metaphorically first.

Furthermore Clara infected the classic era too. At least the crappiness of Rose was contained to the RTD era, but my god Clara had to be the one who told him what TARDIS to steal, the one who made him overcome his fear as a child, the one who saved him in every story etc.

Also Clara was genuinely nasty to the Doctor and had no chemistry with him. As awful as Rose was, at least she and Tennant did genuinely seem in love. Tennant seemed like a dashing hero, in love with his brave girlfriend, whilst the 12th Doctor seemed like a pathetic idiot, desperate to have this woman who didn't even like him hang around.

She'd hit him, she'd make jokes about him looking too old and infirm, he'd sheepishly make remarks about how he should pay her to hang around with him, and what's worse he actually had to BEG her to look after him.

Compare that to Rose who in contrast isn't sure when her Doctor changes into a younger, more handsome man and you can see who is more likable. Rose clearly likes him for who he is, hence why when he becomes a pretty boy she isn't convinced until she sees him save the day, whilst Clara turns away as soon as the young pretty boy is gone LOL

Also Clara was more actively annoying. By that stage Moffat's writing style really began to piss me off. All of his characters explaining how genius the plot was, characters using the words clever and flirting about 5000 times each episode, added to that she was used as part of Mofftwats smutty little fantasies, like Missy and Vastra wanting to shag her.

Furthermore Clara's story arc was bollocks. Missy brought them together first because Clara was a bit of a nag, and then later because she felt that Clara and the Doctor would love each other so much he'd destroy all of reality for her?

Finally Rose also had more chemistry too. She and Tennant were a natural fit, as annoying as they were. Clara and Capaldi however had no chemistry in anyway.

22Series 2 Rose vs Series 8 Clara Empty Re: Series 2 Rose vs Series 8 Clara 4th February 2020, 10:26 am

burrunjor

burrunjor

I think I'm going to be violently sick.

If we are talking about who's better THAT way, I'd say Jenna is more conventional, but Billie is definitely far sexier.

23Series 2 Rose vs Series 8 Clara Empty Re: Series 2 Rose vs Series 8 Clara 4th February 2020, 10:28 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

burrunjor wrote:

I think I'm going to be violently sick.

If we are talking about who's better THAT way, I'd say Jenna is more conventional, but Billie is definitely far sexier.

Billie is nice looking. I think I'd want her to walk all over my naked body with boots on instead. I'd even lick them clean for her.

24Series 2 Rose vs Series 8 Clara Empty Re: Series 2 Rose vs Series 8 Clara 4th February 2020, 10:37 am

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Pepsi Maxil wrote:I've always been bothered by her in Love and Monsters.

"You upset my mum! No one upsets my mum!" He's just seen all of his mates be absorbed by a monster and this thicko is banging on about her mother's feelings. I do love her piss poor attempts to try and console him later on in the scene, though.

It's the one time I think I genuinely wanted to punch a companion.

Moreso even than Adric.

25Series 2 Rose vs Series 8 Clara Empty Re: Series 2 Rose vs Series 8 Clara 4th February 2020, 10:39 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Tanmann wrote:
Pepsi Maxil wrote:I've always been bothered by her in Love and Monsters.

It's the one time I think I genuinely wanted to punch a companion.

Moreso even than Adric.

The Doctor allows her to behave like that. They don't come across as particularly nice people.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum