Boofer
colinbakersdozen
Zarius
Rawkuss
modestmaus
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Go down  Message [Page 13 of 17]

301TV Shows You're Watching - Page 13 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 29th December 2019, 10:35 pm

Mott1

Mott1

You know what Pepsi, that's what I've been watching too. The cream of British comedy. Debating getting The Green Green Grass box set as I barely saw it at the time.

A pity the BBC have seemingly abandoned the classic, gritty sitcom-dramas they once excelled at like Whatever Happened To The Likely Lads, Auf Wiedersehen Pet and OFAH. Now the best we get is Mrs Browns Boys or the Not Going Out xmas special (which seemed to have been written in less time than it took to transmit).

302TV Shows You're Watching - Page 13 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 29th December 2019, 10:42 pm

iank

iank

Grit means "realism", and you cannot have anything that remotely resembles realism on a network that operates PC BS of all types on a 24/7 basis. Reality and agendas don't mix.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

303TV Shows You're Watching - Page 13 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 30th December 2019, 8:41 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

The BBC must bloody hate it now. Three white blokes living together in a flat, doing things men like to do and showing a healthy interest in the opposite sex.

304TV Shows You're Watching - Page 13 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 31st January 2020, 7:27 pm

REDACTED

Been binge watching a few classic US comedies for the past few days such as Married With Children, Family Ties and Family Matters. Good stuff!

I have also decided to sit down and properly start from the beginning of Friends. I've seen the odd episode or two but it never kept me fully interested. I'm gonna see if I still hold this view or it's mellowed with age.

305TV Shows You're Watching - Page 13 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 31st January 2020, 7:28 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Indrid Mercury wrote:Been binge watching a few classic US comedies for the past few days such as Married With Children, Family Ties and Family Matters. Good stuff!

I have also decided to sit down and properly start from the beginning of Friends. I've seen the odd episode or two but it never kept me fully interested. I'm gonna see if I still hold this view or it's mellowed with age.

Watch My Sister Sam. Cutest sitcom ever and so 80s!

306TV Shows You're Watching - Page 13 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 31st January 2020, 9:36 pm

iank

iank

Friends is great.

307TV Shows You're Watching - Page 13 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 31st January 2020, 10:03 pm

REDACTED

iank wrote:Friends is great.

After indulging in some lovely masochism with two rather tedious Halloween sequels. I've just finished the first couple of episodes and actually found myself rather enjoying them. The humor isn't exactly a work of genius but it's a nice way to kill time and it's perked me up a bit. Good stuff.

308TV Shows You're Watching - Page 13 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 4th February 2020, 11:12 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

I LOVED this show as a kid! I can't believe I haven't watched it for over ten years.

309TV Shows You're Watching - Page 13 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 14th February 2020, 1:30 pm

REDACTED

Cobra Kai: Series 2

I'm gonna be honest, I found this season to be quite a step down from the first. Zabka's still excellent and some of the new characters are still great but there are a lot of new elements such as the character of Stingray and some other elements such as the Tory character which leaves me with a disturbing feeling that the series could go down the SJW path. The main reason I loved the first season was that it was a middle finger to the SJW narrative whereas I worry that it will go down the path of being popular enough to suddenly sell out to the wrong crowd. Not dire but quite a step down from the first season and leaving me slightly dreading the third.

310TV Shows You're Watching - Page 13 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 14th February 2020, 1:33 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Indrid Mercury wrote:Cobra Kai: Series 2

I'm gonna be honest, I found this season to be quite a step down from the first. Zabka's still excellent and some of the new characters are still great but there are a lot of new elements such as the character of Stingray and some other elements such as the Tory character which leaves me with a disturbing feeling that the series could go down the SJW path. The main reason I loved the first season was that it was a middle finger to the SJW narrative whereas I worry that it will go down the path of being popular enough to suddenly sell out to the wrong crowd. Not dire but quite a step down from the first season and leaving me slightly dreading the third.

I really liked it myself and never really noticed any SJW moments. In fact, Kreese reacts with utter disdain at a kid wearing a "Future is Female" t-shirt. I hated Tory with a passion and think everything got a bit too depressing at the end, but I did enjoy it for the most part.

311TV Shows You're Watching - Page 13 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 14th February 2020, 1:39 pm

REDACTED

Pepsi Maxil wrote:

I really liked it myself and never really noticed any SJW moments. In fact, Kreese reacts with utter disdain at a kid wearing a "Future is Female" t-shirt. I hated Tory with a passion and think everything got a bit too depressing at the end, but I did enjoy it for the most part.

I actually forgot about the Kreese moment, that was a gem I guess. The finale was well shot and choreographed but to be honest and the final outcome of the finale leaves me slightly excited for the next season but at the same time worrying about it going down the sell out.

Also, didn't really like how Daniel was characterized this season and Macchio's acting felt a bit off to be honest.

312TV Shows You're Watching - Page 13 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 14th February 2020, 1:52 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Indrid Mercury wrote:
Pepsi Maxil wrote:

I actually forgot about the Kreese moment, that was a gem I guess. The finale was well shot and choreographed but to be honest and the final outcome of the finale leaves me slightly excited for the next season but at the same time worrying about it going down the sell out.

Also, didn't really like how Daniel was characterized this season and Macchio's acting felt a bit off to be honest.

I agree about Daniel. He always seems to come across as the aggressor in his rivalry with Johnny. The scene where he breaks into Johnny's apartment is just so unlike him. That's something Mike Barnes would do.

It depends on how they handle things. Daniel going back to Okinawa is a very good idea. I don't want the whole thing just being about the Cobra Kai Miyagi-do rivalry again. I also think they should leave Terry Silver alone and not bring him back. I don't mind the odd reference to KKIII, but I don't think they should start including things from that film in the show.

313TV Shows You're Watching - Page 13 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 15th February 2020, 4:33 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

I've never actually heard of this one before. Are any of you aware of this show?

Seems like it could be quite a fun watch. The music is nice, the blonde babe is hot and it's got that wonderful old school British science fiction feel.

314TV Shows You're Watching - Page 13 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 15th February 2020, 5:14 pm

Ludders

Ludders

It's shit, so you'll love it. 😂

315TV Shows You're Watching - Page 13 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 17th February 2020, 12:50 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Lost my shit at the "let me know when this gets irritating" part LOL LOL LOL

316TV Shows You're Watching - Page 13 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 19th February 2020, 6:05 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Miami Vice (84-89)

I really love the MTV style of directing as well as the use of contemporary tunes to go with the action. I can't think of a cooler cop show than this one.

317TV Shows You're Watching - Page 13 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 20th February 2020, 10:56 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Fuck me, this show is so good! A heroin bust set to Frankie Goes To Hollywood? Yes please!

4:08 onwards, man.

318TV Shows You're Watching - Page 13 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 25th February 2020, 1:45 am

iank

iank

Currently watching serial killer "Mr Bad" murdering people off in early 90s Aussie soap E Street.

I may be slightly out of touch. LOL

319TV Shows You're Watching - Page 13 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 25th February 2020, 10:24 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Season 4 of Miami Vice. This is where things really get interesting with stories about UFOs, cryogenically frozen bodies, cow semen and Sheena Easton. This is my favourite season of Miami Vice because of how out there some of the episodes are and the late 80s look. I also admire them for incorporating science fiction elements into some of the episodes which I didn't really expect.

320TV Shows You're Watching - Page 13 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 27th February 2020, 10:44 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Season 5 now. The first two episodes were pretty good I suppose, but I honestly can't believe how shockingly awful the rest of the season has been. Far too depressing and nihilistic with weak plots and actors who clearly don't want to be there. Watching a great show completely die on its arse isn't very fun to watch especially when the previous season was so good and pointed towards a bright future. Some episodes of this season have been NuWho levels of bad.

321TV Shows You're Watching - Page 13 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 28th February 2020, 12:57 am

iank

iank

Joe Schmo 2. Very funny stuff, and even funnier that the female "mark" has to be co-opted and replaced because she doesn't buy any of it! LOL

322TV Shows You're Watching - Page 13 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 2nd March 2020, 11:54 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Nearly at the end of Season 5 of MV. I've actually warmed to this season quite a bit. There are many duds in the middle, but there's some good stuff like "Hostile Takeover" "Redemption in Blood" and "Leap of Faith." It's certainly better than the depressing third season. The fourth season is still the pinnacle of the series for me. That one is Season 26 of Doctor Who levels of greatness.

323TV Shows You're Watching - Page 13 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 3rd March 2020, 4:04 pm

stengos

stengos

Homeland with Rupert Friend and Claire Danes.

Danes plays a CIA operative (Carrie Mathison) dealing with issues relating to Iraq, Middle East and, in the more recent seasons, terrorist and civil liberty issue in the US.

It can be quite good although it does get bogged down in Mathison's child care problems (I don't give a shit) and her suffering from bipolar disorder (serious issue as it can have disastrous consequences for sufferers and their close ones but these scenes interrupt the flow of the main narrative for me). Soap operas were made for such issues.

324TV Shows You're Watching - Page 13 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 20th March 2020, 8:27 am

iank

iank

I've actually been tuning in to Neighbours this week, for the first time in about 13 years. Mainly because they've brought Sky and Lana back for a guest stint. Never expected to see either again, esp the latter, who although somewhat a landmark as the show's first gay character was still only a 3-month guest in 2004/2005. She and Sky were best friends, and she had a massive crush on her but while it teetered on the edge a couple of times they never actually became a couple, which I thought was a huge mistake. But lo and behold, Sky's apparently decided she quite likes going that way after all, and they've come back as a couple and actually got married yesterday.
Must admit, didn't see that coming. Big Grin LOL Smile

325TV Shows You're Watching - Page 13 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 20th March 2020, 6:04 pm

Mott1

Mott1

The City And The City. David Morrissey in one city solving a murder from another and there may be a third. Intriguing, but WTF is going on!?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 13 of 17]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum