Boofer
colinbakersdozen
Zarius
Rawkuss
modestmaus
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next

Go down  Message [Page 12 of 17]

276TV Shows You're Watching - Page 12 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 29th August 2019, 5:13 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Road Wars. Love the car chases Big Grin

277TV Shows You're Watching - Page 12 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 6th September 2019, 9:30 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Hold the Sunset.

What a lovely ending to a very pleasant and old fashioned sitcom starring John Cleese. Seriously has been the highlight of the last few Friday evenings for me.

278TV Shows You're Watching - Page 12 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 21st September 2019, 1:29 pm

Ludders

Ludders

My stepdaughter recently bought this back from the States for us, and we've been watching it over the last week or so.
Loved it. Can't wait to see S2.

TV Shows You're Watching - Page 12 514GF74WkDL._SX342_

279TV Shows You're Watching - Page 12 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 21st September 2019, 5:49 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Everybody hates ̶R̶o̶n̶n̶i̶e̶ Chris.

Pretty decent sitcom starring the funny Tyler James Williams. I remember this being on quite a bit when I was growing up.

280TV Shows You're Watching - Page 12 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 21st September 2019, 6:03 pm

REDACTED

Blake's 7

Been watching it for the past week for the first time since its original transmission. Duel remains my favorite episode from the season.

281TV Shows You're Watching - Page 12 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 21st September 2019, 6:04 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Mercury wrote:Blake's 7
 Duel remains my favorite episode from the season.

Snap.

Camfield direction + creepy stock music = atmospheric masterpiece.

282TV Shows You're Watching - Page 12 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 12th October 2019, 3:12 pm

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

I watched this again, and it's still just as much of a wonderfully invigorating show as when I first watched it, with a fascinating lore and charming characters. I love nearly every episode of the show, and always get entranced by the fight choreography and vivid locations. My only complaint is that it's incredibly short, and I yearned to learn more stuff, but I'd rather have an experience like that instead of me wanting a show to end. And there is the comics that continue the storyline. One of my favourite shows of all time.

283TV Shows You're Watching - Page 12 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 29th October 2019, 9:54 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

I watched all of series eight of Red Dwarf on Wednesday night. It kept me company while my mum was staying the night in hospital. This is a really fun, underrated series and one that I enjoy more than any other series post series two. Was really nice to see Chris Barrie back after being absent from the second half of the previous series.

284TV Shows You're Watching - Page 12 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 29th October 2019, 9:59 pm

iank

iank

I think it's the worst of the lot! LOL

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

285TV Shows You're Watching - Page 12 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 29th October 2019, 10:04 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

That's a shame. Any particular reason it didn't appeal to you as much? It has become my go-to RD series. I LOVE "Pete" a lot and I'm never going to apologize for it LOL

286TV Shows You're Watching - Page 12 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 29th October 2019, 10:11 pm

iank

iank

It's not very funny, and it's not really Red Dwarf. Cassandra is probably the closest it gets to being either. Wink

287TV Shows You're Watching - Page 12 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 30th October 2019, 8:15 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

I watched the Halloween special of My Sister Sam earlier. This episode is unavailable pretty much everywhere. A fan taped the original 31/10/87 broadcast and put it on a custom made DVD set and that's the only way I believe you can watch it. I want to upload it to YT so everyone can enjoy it but the last guy to do so was banned from uploading videos after they were flagged. I want people to see more of Rebecca Schaeffer's career. The episode itself is fairly entertaining with some effectively spooky moments and an interesting twist at the end. 7/10

288TV Shows You're Watching - Page 12 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 18th November 2019, 10:15 pm

iank

iank

Full retro last night, a season 6 Whodunnit? (dare I say it, Liza Goddard was really cute in the 70s Wink), followed by Fawlty Towers and Only When I Laugh.

I've just received a boxset of the complete Secret Army too. More retro goodness a-coming.

289TV Shows You're Watching - Page 12 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 18th November 2019, 11:06 pm

Boofer

Boofer

Just watched the first Vienna Blood. Very Holmesian. Loads of pretty girls, mystery, action and some tits. Quite promising really.

The fact that the women in the show are mainly victims, girlfriends and wives pissed off the feminist Grauniad reviewer. It gets an extra star just for that. 4* out of 5.

290TV Shows You're Watching - Page 12 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 19th November 2019, 8:53 pm

iank

iank

Saw the first episode of Secret Army last night, which I've never seen before. Very impressed so far. Compelling stuff, with some great British actors including Jan Francis (also very cute in the 70s Wink ), Christopher Neame, Valentine Dyall and even Anthony Ainley (Skagra, the Black Guardian and the Master all in the same episode lol!). If the quality of episode 1 keeps up, I am already hooked.

291TV Shows You're Watching - Page 12 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 20th November 2019, 1:58 am

Ludders

Ludders

Great series. Bernard Hepton - very underrated actor.

292TV Shows You're Watching - Page 12 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 20th November 2019, 6:58 am

Kaijuko

Kaijuko

Currently enjoying the the original Porridge + Christmas Specials + Going Straight, the follow-up.
One of my very favourite sitcoms, though I'll have no truck with the modern remake.

293TV Shows You're Watching - Page 12 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 21st November 2019, 8:53 pm

iank

iank

That's on my list to get.

Watched the first couple of eps of The House on Haunted Hill. Alright as far as it goes so far. Modern TV is weird, though. Stuff like this is not so much TV as just movies that go on forever. They don't feel like actual television. Some people seem to think this is a good thing. I'm not one of them.
Oh and a grand total of 25 minutes into episode 1 before we get the obligatory LGBT scene.... because God knows we can't have a modern TV show without one. Rolling Eyes

294TV Shows You're Watching - Page 12 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 21st November 2019, 8:55 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

I only like LGBT scenes if they involve two chicks getting fisted by two midget lesbians with a prolapse fetish.

295TV Shows You're Watching - Page 12 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 21st November 2019, 8:59 pm

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

iank wrote:That's on my list to get.

Watched the first couple of eps of The House on Haunted Hill. Alright as far as it goes so far. Modern TV is weird, though. Stuff like this is not so much TV as just movies that go on forever. They don't feel like actual television. Some people seem to think this is a good thing. I'm not one of them.
Oh and a grand total of 25 minutes into episode 1 before we get the obligatory LGBT scene.... because God knows we can't have a modern TV show without one. Rolling Eyes
It picks up later on, and I really like episodes 5 and 6, but it is a little overrated, and the ending seemed a bit crap in quite a few areas (without spoiling anything).

296TV Shows You're Watching - Page 12 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 21st November 2019, 9:07 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Hale & Pace.

Sometimes I like to relax with something fast and funny. A lot of their stuff wouldn't be allowed on television these days which is why I like them so much. Even the IMDB description says ""Good Taste" and "Politically Correct" are obviously totally unknown to the writers" They knew how to shock an audience and how to make even the moodiest git howl with laughter. They've got through me through some tough times.

297TV Shows You're Watching - Page 12 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 28th November 2019, 9:21 pm

iank

iank

The first episode of early 80s British drama Airline. Very good so far. The first episode is completely stolen by Anthony Valentine as a roguish RAF pilot/smuggler. The only issue I do have is that Roy Marsden with a broad Yorkshire accent takes a bit of getting used to... Big Grin

298TV Shows You're Watching - Page 12 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 9th December 2019, 7:55 pm

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

You know a TV show that you want to forget, just so you can have the same magical experience that you did watching the first time?
Yeah, Breaking Bad is that show for me. Rewatched it a second time, and it's still one of my favourite TV shows. Brilliant pacing, great tension even in scene that don't have overly bloody violence or massive explosions, endearing and memorable characters, even characters that people tend to hate, I defend and love, and terrific direction and acting in every episode. Never a dull moment. Finally ready to watch Better Caul Saul now, hoping that it's just as brilliant as Breaking Bad.

299TV Shows You're Watching - Page 12 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 22nd December 2019, 8:50 pm

iank

iank

The Married With Children double-length Xmas special It's a Bundyful Life. A very MWC take on... well, work it out... as a miserable Al wonders if he may as well not have been born, and soon finds out when a foul-mouthed angel arrives to show him. Discovering that the people who make his life miserable are all much better off without him inspires him to live again, because why the hell should they be?! LOL

300TV Shows You're Watching - Page 12 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 28th December 2019, 11:53 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Only Fools and Horses. Really good stuff.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 17]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum