Boofer
colinbakersdozen
Zarius
Rawkuss
modestmaus
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17

Go down  Message [Page 17 of 17]

401TV Shows You're Watching - Page 17 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 7th May 2020, 5:59 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

I just finished Series 5 of M.I. High and what a satisfying series it was! I've grown very fond of these characters and so I was genuinely sad about saying goodbye to characters like Avril, Rose and Davina. It was actually quite a poignant end to the era and one that left me feeling quite shaken for a bit. I still consider Series 1 to be the best because of the unbeatable chemistry between the three regulars, but I think Series 5 is the most ambitious series and generally has the best episodes since the changeover. Quite good stuff for the early Tens.

402TV Shows You're Watching - Page 17 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 8th May 2020, 9:06 am

burrunjor

burrunjor

On season 4 of Boston Legal and it is awful.

I'd say they've reached their Missy moment IE, no hope for the show by having Denny Crane fire a woman because she wouldn't sleep with him, and using the excuse of she's fat and then repeatedly bullying her, calling her a loser, obese. (BTW she's not even fat, she's like a bit chubby at most!)

He was always a bit of an asshole, but this is another league. He's now a full on Harvey Weinstein, ruining a young woman's life for not returning his advances and bullying her in really vile ways because of her looks.

Also what the fuck were they thinking with James Spader borderline assualting the female lawyer that was defending the bullied overweight girl. Again he was always a bit of a Jack the Lad (though they way he pursued Denise in series 3 was creepy, this actually managed to top that.)

Worse than that however was that Denny got away with bullying this woman like that.

So here we basically have a series where the two lead characters try and force a young woman into sleeping with an old guy, ruin her career and bully her for being overweight when she doesn't, go full Joe Biden on her lawyer, and then get away with it, by making out he was doing her a favour by convincing her to lose weight for her health.

(PS maybe they should put out their cigars at the end. That's not great for your health either.)

It's hard to watch the rest of the series now as I just want to see Denny get his just desserts now, where as before he was still a decent guy when it mattered.

Such a shame they fucked up the series with this turkey. Sad

403TV Shows You're Watching - Page 17 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 8th May 2020, 9:00 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Series 6 of M.I. High now and I'm not enjoying it at all. Series 5 was great and ended the show on a high so why couldn't they have just left it alone? I honestly miss the Series 3-5 characters  and their "replacements" are not people I personally would hang out with.

Speaking of bullying, here are our "heroes" excluding their friend from joining them for lunch simply because she isn't wearing a wristband from a film they all like.

I'm utterly disgusted that the characters I'm apparently supposed to be rooting for act like the conceited little shits I had to deal with at school. I've been in that situation and it wasn't very nice. These character never get called up for their discriminatory behaviour either. It makes me so angry.

Also, their "transformation" scene is pants. It looks plastic and the CGI is abysmal. This is the very definition of LAZY:

Now THIS is a great transformation scene which is much better:

All you need is a wind machine and some camera shaking to simulate movement, a few smart edits and BAM! you've got yourself a transformation scene. Although it's stock footage from earlier episodes edited together (hence  why their hair changes when they exit the lift) it still works. Nothing too fancy but very effective. Why did the Series 6 team waste so much money on CGI instead of doing it the traditional way?

I guess I'll finish Series 6 tonight. I'm a sucker for punishment.

404TV Shows You're Watching - Page 17 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 11th May 2020, 3:40 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

I got in touch with M.I. High creator Keith Brumpton asking him if the show will ever be streamed or released officially in the future. He was kind enough to reply to me.

Keith Brumpton wrote:

Hi Brandon

great to hear of your enthusiasm for the show and I share your frustration.
As far as I am aware there are no plans to screen. Shame cos we filmed in very high quality so there is no issue there. Fingers crossed the BBC remember what they are missing!

cheers,
Keith

I'm so happy that he got in touch. Sadly I doubt the BBC care to remember it  Rolling Eyes

I'm surprised creators aren't allowed to keep copies of their work. I got in touch with the producing company Kudos earlier and asked them if they had any plans for the series. I also sent CBBC an email but they sent me a completely unrelated email back in return about studio phone-in activities. Somehow I don't think they're going to be much help LOL

405TV Shows You're Watching - Page 17 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 11th May 2020, 4:01 pm

Mott1

Mott1

As a kid I remember getting a signed letter back from Basil Brush. Perhaps we should push for him to be become the beeb's next director general!

406TV Shows You're Watching - Page 17 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 11th May 2020, 4:14 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Mott1 wrote:As a kid I remember getting a signed letter back from Basil Brush. Perhaps we should push for him to be become the beeb's next director general!

Good idea! He was brilliant when I was growing up. There's an older episode from the 70s where he encounters the Yeti. I believe it's on one of the Doctor Who DVDs.

Ha ha ha! BOOM! BOOM! Big Grin

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 17 of 17]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum