Boofer
colinbakersdozen
Zarius
Rawkuss
modestmaus
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Go down  Message [Page 15 of 17]

351TV Shows You're Watching - Page 15 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 10th April 2020, 10:44 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

I've found myself six episodes into Killjoys so far (gritty sci-fi bounty hunters show). For the most part I've been really liking it.

352TV Shows You're Watching - Page 15 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 15th April 2020, 10:05 pm

iank

iank

2004 Neighbours still.
Stingray streaking at Stu's inauguration as a cop. ROFL

It's also very funny how other characters, such as Sindi, have started saying stuff like 'caketaker' now. 😆

Last one I saw was a corker. Everyone - well, 'cept Suse - knows that Izzy's pregnant now to Karl (well, that's what they think anyway), partially thanks to Sky. Boyd going off at Sky was not undeserved, though I don't blame her for just hating Izzy so much. Because Izzy is a cunt. LOL

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

353TV Shows You're Watching - Page 15 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 16th April 2020, 9:55 am

burrunjor

burrunjor

I just wish there was more to watch with Shobna Gulati, but even I who have been in love with her since I was a teenager will not sit through Arachnids again. Big Grin

I'd say that was her lowpoint even above getting brutally tortured by Mad Maya.

I remember she was in Dinner Ladiers that was hugely popular then (and still is.) However I could never stand Victoria Wood. Her acting reminds me of Jodie.

Last edited by burrunjor on 16th April 2020, 9:59 am; edited 2 times in total

354TV Shows You're Watching - Page 15 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 16th April 2020, 9:57 am

burrunjor

burrunjor

I've now been watching Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea. I have to say I don't think this holds up that much. I like a lot of Irwin Allen's stuff. Lost in Space is a criminally underrated gem of a series (and the single biggest precursor to Red Dwarf and Futurama.)

However this one I found to be rather stiff and boring. The characters are kind of bland. It's hard to get into the plot. Still it's early days yet.

355TV Shows You're Watching - Page 15 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 17th April 2020, 10:04 pm

iank

iank

Still old Neighbours. I like Sky's new job at Grease Monkeys. Aside from meaning she doesn't have to work with Izzy anymore Wink the 50s get-up is really very fetching on her. Much more flattering than some of the stuff she normally wears actually!  Wink
Mind you, it is very funny that, in order to make the most of this new set, suddenly everyone seems to be eating there! The Coffee Shop will be going out of business at this rate. LOL

356TV Shows You're Watching - Page 15 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 18th April 2020, 9:15 pm

Zarius

Zarius

Just finished the last episode of Quiz, intending to move forward with watching DEVS and from there try to sit through as much of what I've missed from Power Rangers Beast Morphers.

357TV Shows You're Watching - Page 15 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 18th April 2020, 9:48 pm

iank

iank

Sadly, Sky seems to be already wanting to quit that job. Sad Shame. I'm sure Lana would have liked seeing her in that outfit, if nothing else. Wink

358TV Shows You're Watching - Page 15 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 19th April 2020, 3:22 pm

Mott1

Mott1

Thought Quiz was ok. Oddly I'm not sure it was Michael Sheen's best performance / impersonation, but the cast generally were good and the courtroom scenes were done well.

Been watching a few of Outnumbered. I'm still not sure we're in a golden era of sitcoms but that, Bedtime and Gavin + Stacey are pretty solid.

359TV Shows You're Watching - Page 15 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 19th April 2020, 10:12 pm

iank

iank

Still 2004 Neighbours. Lana has arrived. 😍

In typical classic soap opera fashion, while she instantly hits it off with Serena when working together at the coffee shop, she barely meets Sky, and unfortunately still manages to unintentionally make a negative first impression on her by innocently saying Izzy seems cool but she's "not sure about the old guy" (i.e Harold, Sky's granddad!). Oh dear. Poor Lana. Foot in mouth disease.  Very Happy

I think I'll take these a bit slower now rather than burning through them. This is really what I was wanting to see again, but I managed to get the rest of the season too so WTH.

Have to point out the scene with Harold, who is largely over his stroke and back to normal now but still having the occasional out-of-character moment, talking at first negatively about women's lingerie and then going off and starting to wax lyrical. It's Max's reaction that had me ROFL. The look on his face as Harold starts going on about PVC underwear, and then he just slowly turns and walks away...lol!

360TV Shows You're Watching - Page 15 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 20th April 2020, 5:36 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Yes, Quiz is on my list. I've always been fascinated by their deception. They may have succeeded in duping the British public if the wife had perfected her fake cough and the major hadn't "guessed" half of the answers. That was always bound to cause suspicion.

361TV Shows You're Watching - Page 15 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 20th April 2020, 6:08 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

iank wrote:Still 2004 Neighbours. Lana has arrived. 😍

In typical classic soap opera fashion, while she instantly hits it off with Serena when working together at the coffee shop, she barely meets Sky, and unfortunately still manages to unintentionally make a negative first impression on her by innocently saying Izzy seems cool but she's "not sure about the old guy" (i.e Harold, Sky's granddad!). Oh dear. Poor Lana. Foot in mouth disease.  Very Happy

I think I'll take these a bit slower now rather than burning through them. This is really what I was wanting to see again, but I managed to get the rest of the season too so WTH.

Have to point out the scene with Harold, who is largely over his stroke and back to normal now but still having the occasional out-of-character moment, talking at first negatively about women's lingerie and then going off and starting to wax lyrical. It's Max's reaction that had me ROFL. The look on his face as Harold starts going on about PVC underwear, and then he just slowly turns and walks away...lol!  

Hello, Ian.

My mother used to watch Neighbours in her youth and I vaguely remember it airing on Channel 5 when I was younger, perhaps the episode you're watching now.

The only ones I'd be interested in watching are the ones with this lovely lady in  Wink

TV Shows You're Watching - Page 15 Kylie_11

362TV Shows You're Watching - Page 15 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 20th April 2020, 9:52 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Red Dwarf: The Promised Land

That was good fun! Lots of little references in there for the fans. Nice to see an old series still being made with love.

363TV Shows You're Watching - Page 15 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 20th April 2020, 10:01 pm

iank

iank

Pepsi Maxil wrote:

Hello, Ian.

My mother used to watch Neighbours in her youth and I vaguely remember it airing on Channel 5 when I was younger, perhaps the episode you're watching now.

The only ones I'd be interested in watching are the ones with this lovely lady in  Wink

Eh. There's been far more attractive ladies in that show. Razz

364TV Shows You're Watching - Page 15 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 21st April 2020, 1:29 am

Ludders

Ludders

The only Aussie soap I got hooked on was Prisoner: Cell Block H. LOL

365TV Shows You're Watching - Page 15 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 21st April 2020, 11:27 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

iank wrote:
Pepsi Maxil wrote:

Hello, Ian.

Gotta provide some evidence, lad Wink

366TV Shows You're Watching - Page 15 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 22nd April 2020, 9:57 pm

iank

iank

Back to Neighbours 2004. Lana is trying way too hard to fit in at her new school, and keeps on managing to put her foot in her mouth in front of Sky. Oh dear. Poor Lana. 

I've a feeling saying "poor Lana" is going to become a theme of these comments. Sad LOL

367TV Shows You're Watching - Page 15 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 22nd April 2020, 10:25 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

I started watching The Suite Life of Zack & Cody on Disney Plus but I stopped. I will probably continue watching them again at the weekend. Think of it as being an American version of Fawlty Towers with a pair of mischievous twins in it LOL

368TV Shows You're Watching - Page 15 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 26th April 2020, 2:16 am

iank

iank

Neighbours 2004. Just the one last night, and Lana wasn't in it, but managed to steal the episode anyway. Lil's thoroughly nasty mother Svetlanka's snooping around again, bribing granddaughter Serena with guilt trips and jewellery, and her parents want to know where she got this new bracelet from, which she says is from a "friend". Harold notes that they don't know all of Serena's friends, specifically mentioning "the new girl at the Coffee Shop, Lana."

David wonders if girls actually give each other jewellery.

Harold: Well, who knows how young girls show each other affection these days...

I swear, I nearly spat out my drink. That line, specifically in relation to Lana, had to be a writer having a bit of fun there. LOL LOL Big Grin

369TV Shows You're Watching - Page 15 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 27th April 2020, 10:10 pm

iank

iank

5 more 2004 Neighbours eps last night, and quite a lot to unpack! But first up...

Sky in lingerie.... Very... erm... aesthetically pleasing. Big Grin

Boyd in lingerie... I could have lived without, though. Sad Razz

But it's the escalating tension between Sky and Lana that comes to a head and is the highlight of these episodes, spurred on by Lana unknowingly flirting with Boyd (the look on her face when she realises is... oh dear). I'm not entirely sure why Lana then seems to set out to deliberately wind Sky up, though perhaps she's just fed up that she can't seem to do anything right with her anyway and is sick of her hostility. 

It's Sky who is subtext a-go-go here, though. Lana really does seem to get under her skin, even without trying to, and it's psychologically (and sub-textually) fascinating to watch her getting so hot under the collar over her. Is this really the result of a series of misunderstandings and then some jealousy, or is there more going on here already? A bit of subconscious/sublimated "tension" of another sort, maybe? 

And then it all escalates during a game of basketball, to the point of an actual physical confrontation. I'd say "poor Lana" but this is, with the benefit of hindsight, pretty hilarious really. Hey Sky, those are the eyes of your future wife you're trying to scratch out there! ROFL

Sky is aggressively all over her during the game, and then actually gets to pin her down underneath her on the ground, at which point the subtext-o-meter hits the ceiling and actually explodes. LOL

Hell, you can even direct this subtext onto the earlier (very funny) scene with Boyd. Dressing your boyfriend up in women's underwear, Sky? Really? Hmmm....

Paging Dr. Freud! LOL

370TV Shows You're Watching - Page 15 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 27th April 2020, 10:54 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Going to revisit Season 4 of Miami Vice soon. Definitely the strangest season with stories about cryogenically frozen Reggae singers, UFOs and bull semen. I really love it though because it constantly subverted my expectations.

0:31 only in the 80s  LOL  LOL  LOL  

"The aliens zapped her freewill and scootered her off to the mother ship"

This episode is considered one of the worst pieces of television in history and I absolutely love it for its shitness LOL

371TV Shows You're Watching - Page 15 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 28th April 2020, 10:13 am

burrunjor

burrunjor

Boston Legal. It's a great series, a little cheesy and over the top at times, but the cast makes it work.

It's brilliant watching Odo and Captain Kirk together. Big Grin

I am convinced that the show is filmed on the old sets for Angel season 5. I keep expecting to see Spike wander round the corner and wind up Angel, or Harmony be at the reception desk LOL

(PS need to rewatch Angel again. Amazing series.)

372TV Shows You're Watching - Page 15 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 28th April 2020, 4:57 pm

Fendelman

Fendelman

Miami Vice is cool, I have season 2 on DVD. I thought I had seen all of it, but I've never seen that alien episode before. Crockett's Theme is one of the best pieces of TV-based music ever, sometimes I listen to it on repeat for hours.

My favorite old detective show is The Rockford Files. It ran from 74-79, he drives a Firebird (which is the new model for each year). It's a little slower paced than Miami Vice, but Rockford is a likable character, and it still has lots of car chases and other fun stuff.

I watched Boston Legal all the way through once. It's not really my sort of show, but I liked Shatner as Denny Crane so much I stuck with it.

373TV Shows You're Watching - Page 15 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 28th April 2020, 5:13 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Fendelman wrote:Miami Vice is cool, I have season 2 on DVD. I thought I had seen all of it, but I've never seen that alien episode before. Crockett's Theme is one of the best pieces of TV-based music ever, sometimes I listen to it on repeat for hours.

It is indeed. Season 2 has some absolutely amazing episodes like Sons and Lovers, Definitely Miami, Little Miss Dangerous and Out Where The Buses. It's probably the most iconic season of the show.

The Jan Hammer music is definitely my favourite thing about it. Crockett's Theme is fantastic! I definitely recommend looking up some of the remixes people have done of the theme on YouTube. This is probably my favourite Jan Hammer theme:

374TV Shows You're Watching - Page 15 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 28th April 2020, 6:16 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

Fendleman wrote:I watched Boston Legal all the way through once. It's not really my sort of show, but I liked Shatner as Denny Crane so much I stuck with it.

Same here, you can make anything enjoyable with Shatner.

I love the way Denny just shoots people when he's annoyed with them. The best was when he blew the murderer's knee caps off, but the most hilarious was Peter MacNicol's guest performance.

"I'm the closest thing he has to a friend."

"You shot him two times."

375TV Shows You're Watching - Page 15 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 28th April 2020, 6:50 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Pepsi Maxil wrote:
iank wrote:
Pepsi Maxil wrote:

Hello, Ian.

Gotta provide some evidence, lad Wink

Finally...... Big Grin

This was the talk of my school the next day.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 15 of 17]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum