You are not connected. Please login or register

Short Clipz From TV Shows You Dig.

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Short Clipz From TV Shows You Dig.  Empty Short Clipz From TV Shows You Dig. 18th April 2018, 9:27 pm

Boofer

Boofer

bounce

Rule: has to be under 5 mins.

I will start.

Vikings.

2Short Clipz From TV Shows You Dig.  Empty Re: Short Clipz From TV Shows You Dig. 18th April 2018, 9:33 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

3Short Clipz From TV Shows You Dig.  Empty Re: Short Clipz From TV Shows You Dig. 18th April 2018, 9:40 pm

Boofer

Boofer

The first three series of Red Dwarf were superbly performed and written.

I couldn't face it for years because I associated it with an ex who I used to enjoy it with, but I've taken back ownership of it. Love Heart

Think my favourite line comes from when Lister emerges from stasis and Holly says something along the lines of, "Well they're no use to you now - not unless you want something to grip the path with." LOL

Biggest laugh is probably the vending machine/self-destruct scene in series III.

4Short Clipz From TV Shows You Dig.  Empty Re: Short Clipz From TV Shows You Dig. 18th April 2018, 9:41 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

Ash vs Evil Dead.

5Short Clipz From TV Shows You Dig.  Empty Re: Short Clipz From TV Shows You Dig. 18th April 2018, 9:44 pm

Boofer

Boofer

Ash looks uncannily like Mitt Romney these days.

6Short Clipz From TV Shows You Dig.  Empty Re: Short Clipz From TV Shows You Dig. 18th April 2018, 9:47 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

Boofer wrote:The first three series of Red Dwarf were superbly performed and written.

I couldn't face it for years because I associated it with an ex who I used to enjoy it with, but I've taken back ownership of it. Love Heart

Think my favourite line comes from when Lister emerges from stasis and Holly says something along the lines of, "Well they're no use to you now - not unless you want something to grip the path with." LOL

Biggest laugh is probably the vending machine/self-destruct scene in series III.

I think the high point of RD was s4-6 personally, though I agree that the first three series were excellent.

Red Dwarf, Lost in Space and Futurama are the 3 greatest sci fi comedies ever made IMO.

My favourite moment is Rimmer leaving them to die in Rimmerworld. I love the way even after all this time Rimmer can still shock the Dwarfers in terms of how much of a smeghead he is LOL.

I remember reading a while back that in the 00s a revival plan for DW before RTD and Mofftwat was to have Avon and the first Rimmer who left to become Ace would be the Doctors two companions.

The Doctor would pick Avon who had been sent into exile up as a companion, whilst he'd bump into Rimmer who had travelled into the Doctors universe and fallen on hard times, with his ship being broken, and him having failed quite badly to be Ace. The Doctor would take him on as a companion and he would eventually become a hero in his own right.

Probably would have been too wild an idea, but might have been quite fun if handled very carefully.

7Short Clipz From TV Shows You Dig.  Empty Re: Short Clipz From TV Shows You Dig. 18th April 2018, 10:00 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

I only truly love series 1 and 2 of Red Dwarf. There was a certain atmosphere that they never seemed to recapture again. I'm in the process of watching them again with my mother and she has a hard time enjoying much after "Parallel Universe." I could think of dozens of fantastic scenes that just involve Rimmer and Lister in their sleeping quarters and that was the show at its best for me personally. Series 3 was decent but they seemed to spend less time on the ship after that and I didn't think the interactions were as witty as before. My favourite episodes are "Future Echoes" "Balance of Power" "Me2" "Better than Life" "Thanks for the Memory" and "Stasis Leak."

8Short Clipz From TV Shows You Dig.  Empty Re: Short Clipz From TV Shows You Dig. 18th April 2018, 10:09 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

CommanderMaxil1983 wrote:I only truly love series 1 and 2 of Red Dwarf. There was a certain atmosphere that they never seemed to recapture again. I'm in the process of watching them again with my mother and she has a hard time enjoying much after "Parallel Universe." I could think of dozens of fantastic scenes that just involve Rimmer and Lister in their sleeping quarters and that was the show at its best for me personally.  Series 3 was decent but they seemed to spend less time on the ship after that and I didn't think the interactions were as witty as before. My favourite episodes are "Future Echoes" "Balance of Power" "Me2" "Better than Life" "Thanks for the Memory" and "Stasis Leak."

I liked the later series better as I feel they made use of the shows unique setting more, and blended interesting stories with great humour.

Also it was good that they gave all 4 characters a chance to shine. As much as I like the first two series, its true that so much of it is wasted. Most stories could be transferred to another setting, and the Cat isn't even a character. He just flits in and out.

Again its all just taste I suppose. I do love Kryten and Rimmers relationship. Its very like Dr Smith and the Robot from Lost in Space.

9Short Clipz From TV Shows You Dig.  Empty Re: Short Clipz From TV Shows You Dig. 18th April 2018, 10:17 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

10Short Clipz From TV Shows You Dig.  Empty Re: Short Clipz From TV Shows You Dig. 18th April 2018, 10:29 pm

DeadManRising

DeadManRising

11Short Clipz From TV Shows You Dig.  Empty Re: Short Clipz From TV Shows You Dig. 18th April 2018, 11:06 pm

Boofer

Boofer

burrunjor wrote:I liked the later series better as I feel they made use of the shows unique setting more, and blended interesting stories with great humour.

Also it was good that they gave all 4 characters a chance to shine. As much as I like the first two series, its true that so much of it is wasted. Most stories could be transferred to another setting, and the Cat isn't even a character. He just flits in and out.

The humour was sharper and dryer in the first few series i.e. less catchphrase(y) and reliant on hackneyed observational similes like 'Kryten's head is shaped like a ___'.  

Series 3-5 were better written in terms of narrative, true, but the first couple of series had an oddly character-focussed bleakness that was juxtaposed with the absurd situations the characters found themselves in. I really liked the fact that they were isolated from a lot of the traditional sci-fi tropes which were injected later on. I felt the latter series were turgid, manic and pursued cheap laughs to the detriment of the original concept.

Boofer

Boofer

Zarius

Zarius

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

I ADORE this cute and optimistic sitcom from the 80s. Known these days for what happened to the lovely actress on the right, Rebecca Schaeffer, who was sadly murdered by a fan outside her front door in 1989. Although the show has never been released on DVD many people still have a fondness for the series because of the chemistry between actors and for the dated charm of the stories and fashion. I couldn't find an individual scene posted on YouTube so I settled for a promo clip instead which shows the two main cast members. They're so adorable.

God rest her soul.

15Short Clipz From TV Shows You Dig.  Empty Re: Short Clipz From TV Shows You Dig. 13th May 2018, 11:31 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

burrunjor wrote:
CommanderMaxil1983 wrote:I only truly love series 1 and 2 of Red Dwarf. There was a certain atmosphere that they never seemed to recapture again. I'm in the process of watching them again with my mother and she has a hard time enjoying much after "Parallel Universe." I could think of dozens of fantastic scenes that just involve Rimmer and Lister in their sleeping quarters and that was the show at its best for me personally.  Series 3 was decent but they seemed to spend less time on the ship after that and I didn't think the interactions were as witty as before. My favourite episodes are "Future Echoes" "Balance of Power" "Me2" "Better than Life" "Thanks for the Memory" and "Stasis Leak."

I liked the later series better as I feel they made use of the shows unique setting more, and blended interesting stories with great humour.

Again its all just taste I suppose. I do love Kryten and Rimmers relationship. Its very like Dr Smith and the Robot from Lost in Space.

I still like series 3-8. Episodes like "Timeslides" "Meltdown" "Rimmerworld" "Back to Reality" "Dimension Jump" and "Back in the Red" are well written. Series 8 is my third favourite series as it felt more like the first few series. It helped that they reused the same sets and brought back the captain. I always thought the actress playing Kochanski in series 7 and 8 was was very good. People seem to think she ruined the show and I don't get it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum