Zarius
iank
Pepsi Maxil
burrunjor
Rawkuss
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

76The Big Finish Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Big Finish Thread 12th February 2020, 6:22 pm

UncleDeadly

UncleDeadly

Zarius wrote:Susan's War, Carole Ann Ford's very own spin-off series, coming from Big Finish, with Ford and William Russel reprising Ian and Susan, Paul McGann will feature also. The premise deals with Susan's participation in the time war.

https://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/carole-ann-ford-stars-in-new-doctor-who-spin-off-susan-s-war

Oh, lord deliver us from the fucking time war. They're really going above and beyond, trying to flesh out that nebulous macguffin that Davies never even gave a second thought to.

77The Big Finish Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Big Finish Thread 12th February 2020, 9:00 pm

iank

iank

And shoving the classic series into this non-canonical spin-off garbage to boot.

Nauseating.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

78The Big Finish Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Big Finish Thread 15th February 2020, 8:39 am

Zarius

Zarius

Tom Baker reprises his role as Day of the Doctor's Curator for the next McGann set...with Eight also meeting PC Andy from Torchwood

The Big Finish Thread - Page 4 Large

79The Big Finish Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Big Finish Thread 15th February 2020, 8:55 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

The Big Finish Thread - Page 4 Family10

Right, is Big Finish canon? Our survey says:

80The Big Finish Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Big Finish Thread 2nd April 2020, 5:10 pm

Zarius

Zarius

Time War Volume 4 details revealed...Terry Molloy returns as Davros, and Ken Bones features as The General too

The Big Finish Thread - Page 4 Large

https://www.bigfinish.com/releases/v/doctor-who-time-war-4-1676

81The Big Finish Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Big Finish Thread 3rd April 2020, 10:08 am

TheTimeTraveller

TheTimeTraveller

I genuinely wonder who still listens to Big Finish. Back when I thought Sixth Doctor (and of course my beloved Peri) had been done wrong, I was an avid listener to their stories, and the stories definitely seemed to "fit" in what had been portrayed on television. Perhaps largely to most of them being missing adventures, unused scripts and so on. The Widow's Assassin and the few stories subsequent to that were also highly enjoyable.

Then came the apparently endless extra Sixth Doctor stories with all new all unwanted companions pulled out of Big Finish's nether hole, to no good purpose, and I disengaged. Haven't bought a thing from Big Finish since. I don't even know if they have done any more near-canon stuff with Six and Peri. At some point I'll check I guess.

The further mutation and spoliation of crossing over 2005 Who with 1963 Who has put me off the whole thing to be honest.

82The Big Finish Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Big Finish Thread 3rd April 2020, 10:59 am

burrunjor

burrunjor

TheTimeTraveller wrote:I genuinely wonder who still listens to Big Finish. Back when I thought Sixth Doctor (and of course my beloved Peri) had been done wrong, I was an avid listener to their stories, and the stories definitely seemed to "fit" in what had been portrayed on television. Perhaps largely to most of them being missing adventures, unused scripts and so on. The Widow's Assassin and the few stories subsequent to that were also highly enjoyable.

Then came the apparently endless extra Sixth Doctor stories with all new all unwanted companions pulled out of Big Finish's nether hole, to no good purpose, and I disengaged. Haven't bought a thing from Big Finish since. I don't even know if they have done any more near-canon stuff with Six and Peri. At some point I'll check I guess.

The further mutation and spoliation of crossing over 2005 Who with 1963 Who has put me off the whole thing to be honest.

You'd like this post.

https://thehiveforum.forumotion.com/t1477-coming-soon-from-big-finish-productions#21125

83The Big Finish Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Big Finish Thread 4th April 2020, 5:41 am

Ludders

Ludders

I'm kinda curious about the McGann Time War audios, but chances are more likely that they'll be crap.

84The Big Finish Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Big Finish Thread 4th April 2020, 5:53 am

Genkimonk

Genkimonk

I've listened to them, and actually they are good. They keep the classic DW tone well, but have a little bit of an experimental style like how the Divergence Universe arc had.

Honestly, I quite enjoyed the time war/ war doctor/ and Galifrey time war range. And the Jacobi Master stories are actually quite good. Box set 1 is really quite good.

85The Big Finish Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Big Finish Thread 4th April 2020, 6:01 am

Ludders

Ludders

Some of the Gallifrey stuff wasn't bad, and I always liked McGann on audio. But I'm wary of anything that links to NuWho concepts.
That said, the idea of a Time War between the Time Lords and the Daleks was actually a great idea, but so easy to fuck up. Especially if you're Nick Briggs.
Anyone else bothered with them?

86The Big Finish Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Big Finish Thread 4th April 2020, 9:12 am

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

I listened to the first Hurt War Doctor set.

It was alright from what I remember, (considering I've never really been a fan of Moffat's retconned War Doctor idea) but coming from Nick Briggs, they paled a bit in comparison to his old Dalek Empire audios.

I have the second and third set, and the first McGann Time War set still untouched on the shelf, but sadly I will not be able to give an appreciative listen to them until the lock-down blows over and I can both go shop for an MP3 walkman, and go on the kind of long walks where I enjoyed listening to them best.

87The Big Finish Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Big Finish Thread 16th April 2020, 9:26 am

The First Doctor

The First Doctor

Has anyone been brave enough to listen to the new First Doctor stories with David Bradley?

I was wondering if BF jumped on the “the First Doctor was a sexist” band wagon or not.

88The Big Finish Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Big Finish Thread 16th April 2020, 1:14 pm

Genkimonk

Genkimonk

The First Doctor wrote:Has anyone been brave enough to listen to the new First Doctor stories with David Bradley?

I was wondering if BF jumped on the “the First Doctor was a sexist” band wagon or not.

Yes, I have, and no they didn't. What's more, they are surprisingly good. I especially enjoyed the story set in Japan.

One of the Dalek stories they did so far was great. It had a premise I always wondered. What would happen if a population asked the Daleks if they could serve them voluntarily? As in, simply work for them by choice. How would the Daleks treat them? It was a really good story.

89The Big Finish Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Big Finish Thread 16th April 2020, 8:28 pm

Zarius

Zarius

90The Big Finish Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Big Finish Thread 17th April 2020, 8:26 pm

Zarius

Zarius

Sadie Miller, Elizabeth Sladen's daughter, has been cast as her mother's iconic character in Return of the Cybermen

https://www.doctorwho.tv/news/?article=sadie-miller-sarah-jane-smith-elisabeth-sladen&fbclid=IwAR3vxTgvo6_B7AROVTHVh_dGkjJm150iCv8SEqrHUIetCq5s4NjqBgDXlPw

91The Big Finish Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Big Finish Thread 26th April 2020, 3:34 pm

Infinitic

Infinitic

Zarius wrote:

I was listening to it. Most of the stories was ok, (especially the first one) besides the one story with the moral "If you weren't born as an elite, the elites have full right to treat you like crap and it is ok." No. Just... No.

My first post here btw, howdy everyone Wink

Last edited by Infinitic on 26th April 2020, 3:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

92The Big Finish Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Big Finish Thread 26th April 2020, 3:36 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

Infinitic wrote:
Zarius wrote:

I was listening to it. Most of the was ok, (especially the first part) besides the one story with the moral "If you weren't born as an elite, the elites have full right to treat you like crap and it is ok." No. Just... No.

Howdy, welcome to the hive.

93The Big Finish Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Big Finish Thread 26th April 2020, 3:38 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Infinitic wrote:
Zarius wrote:

I was listening to it. Most of the was ok, (especially the first part) besides the one story with the moral "If you weren't born as an elite, the elites have full right to treat you like crap and it is ok." No. Just... No.

Welcome to the forum. Nice to have you here.

94The Big Finish Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Big Finish Thread 26th April 2020, 9:52 pm

iank

iank

Infinitic wrote:
Zarius wrote:

I was listening to it. Most of the stories was ok, (especially the first one) besides the one story with the moral "If you weren't born as an elite, the elites have full right to treat you like crap and it is ok." No. Just... No.

)

Certainly sounds like something the New Who supporter brigade believe.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum