You are not connected. Please login or register

Jodie Whittaker's favourite Doctor

+2
iank
Boofer
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Jodie Whittaker's favourite Doctor Empty Jodie Whittaker's favourite Doctor 19th March 2018, 4:23 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

David Tennant is Jodie Whittaker's favourite Doctor because she "knows him"

Nothing to do with the actual interpretation of the character or anything. She simply labels him "amazing." She also said "There is no right or wrong, there are no rules”

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/doctor-who/news/a852605/doctor-who-jodie-whittaker-favourite-doctor-broadchurch-david-tennant/

2Jodie Whittaker's favourite Doctor Empty Re: Jodie Whittaker's favourite Doctor 19th March 2018, 4:40 pm

DeadManRising

DeadManRising

3Jodie Whittaker's favourite Doctor Empty Re: Jodie Whittaker's favourite Doctor 19th March 2018, 5:10 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

She hasn't got a clue.

I actually had a dream where Jodie's first episode was leaked online and I caught the first few scenes of it. She met Eccleston's Doctor at Trafalgar Square in 2004 (the year was specifically mentioned by someone) but I don't remember them interacting. The only other bit of the dream I remember was Jodie on a dimly lit train. I'm sure my fragmented dream will still be more coherent than series 11.

4Jodie Whittaker's favourite Doctor Empty Re: Jodie Whittaker's favourite Doctor 19th March 2018, 5:33 pm

DeadManRising

DeadManRising

If she was smart, she would have lied and said something like Tom Baker or Jon Pertwee. At least that way she would possess a slight semblance of dignity and credibility amongst Doctor Who fans.

David Tennant... what a fucking mong.

5Jodie Whittaker's favourite Doctor Empty Re: Jodie Whittaker's favourite Doctor 19th March 2018, 8:59 pm

Boofer

Boofer

She really thought hard about that one, didn't she?

If anything it demonstrates the usual 'safe' luvvie mentality actors show towards their peers, and a patent lack of research into the actors who previously played the role.

6Jodie Whittaker's favourite Doctor Empty Re: Jodie Whittaker's favourite Doctor 19th March 2018, 9:11 pm

Mott1

Mott1

At least the new person playing the Doctor has proved they can pick a favourite predecessor based on acting nuances, stage repertoire and the quality of their stories, rather than just meeting the most handsome one and gushing "OMG he's soooooo fit!" Because that could never happen...

7Jodie Whittaker's favourite Doctor Empty Re: Jodie Whittaker's favourite Doctor 19th March 2018, 9:19 pm

DeadManRising

DeadManRising

To be fair though, lack of knowledge about the show's history doesn't really mean anything in the grand scheme of things. 

Look at Matt Smith. He knew practically nothing about Doctor Who prior to his audition for the show, and he turned out to be a great fit for the role. 

Granted, Jodie is a really mediocre actress and has zero qualities you'd expect from someone playing the Doctor... but you get my point.

8Jodie Whittaker's favourite Doctor Empty Re: Jodie Whittaker's favourite Doctor 19th March 2018, 9:22 pm

iank

iank

Yeah, but Matt immediately dived in with both hands and got up to speed in record time, clearly thinking that being au fait with the history was part of the job (and soon circling in on Pat as his role model).
I see no indication that Whittaker has done anything of the sort.

David Tennant... fuck me. LOL

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

9Jodie Whittaker's favourite Doctor Empty Re: Jodie Whittaker's favourite Doctor 19th March 2018, 9:26 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

That's because Smith is actually a charismatic and energetic actor. His performance in The Eleventh Hour blew me away back in 2010. Shitty writing let him down big time and the fact that he only had half a series with Clara was also disappointing. Tennant knew lots about the show and yet was still terrible. Somehow I just don't see Jodie ever clicking with me.

10Jodie Whittaker's favourite Doctor Empty Re: Jodie Whittaker's favourite Doctor 19th March 2018, 9:55 pm

DeadManRising

DeadManRising

Well, I don't know about you fine gentlemen. But I was absolutely blown away by Jodie's incredibly brief, yet impactful performance at the end of Twice Upon a Time. When she mugged at the camera with a huge cartoony grin on her face and squealed "Aw, brilliant!" like some kind of spastic, she immediately won me over with her impeccable charm, charisma and exceptional acting abilities. 

I think we could easily have the best Doctor since Tom Baker on our hands here...

11Jodie Whittaker's favourite Doctor Empty Re: Jodie Whittaker's favourite Doctor 19th March 2018, 10:14 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

DeadManRising wrote:Well, I don't know about you fine gentlemen. But I was absolutely blown away by Jodie's incredibly brief, yet impactful performance at the end of Twice Upon a Time. When she mugged at the camera with a huge cartoony grin on her face and squealed "Aw, brilliant!" like some kind of spastic, she immediately won me over with her impeccable charm, charisma and exceptional acting abilities. 

I think we could easily have the best Doctor since Tom Baker on our hands here...

Had to put my glasses on to see the sarcasm in your message.

I don't think I've ever disliked a Doctor quite so quickly. Even Tennant's brief appearance at the end of Parting wasn't as rubbish as the disastrous introduction of Jodie.

12Jodie Whittaker's favourite Doctor Empty Re: Jodie Whittaker's favourite Doctor 19th March 2018, 10:20 pm

DeadManRising

DeadManRising

Not to mention her falling out of the TARDIS at like fifty thousand feet in the air. The reason it's so terrible is because you just KNOW that it's going to lead to something really fucking stupid in the Series 11 introduction episode.

I mean, how on earth can she possibly survive that fall without some really dumb, contrived bullshit happening?

13Jodie Whittaker's favourite Doctor Empty Re: Jodie Whittaker's favourite Doctor 19th March 2018, 10:36 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

DeadManRising wrote:Not to mention her falling out of the TARDIS at like fifty thousand feet in the air. The reason it's so terrible is because you just KNOW that it's going to lead to something really fucking stupid in the Series 11 introduction episode.

I mean, how on earth can she possibly survive that fall without some really dumb, contrived bullshit happening?

Bingo.

Where's the tension?

Same shit happened in Tennant's last episode.

14Jodie Whittaker's favourite Doctor Empty Re: Jodie Whittaker's favourite Doctor 19th March 2018, 10:42 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

Are you questioning a woman's ability to survive falling a 100000000 foot drop? You disgusting misogynistic man baby.

15Jodie Whittaker's favourite Doctor Empty Re: Jodie Whittaker's favourite Doctor 19th March 2018, 10:47 pm

DeadManRising

DeadManRising

LOL LOL LOL

I'm sure poor old Tom Baker would have loved to have had that amazing ability in Logopolis when he plunged to his death off that shitty old radio tower.

16Jodie Whittaker's favourite Doctor Empty Re: Jodie Whittaker's favourite Doctor 19th March 2018, 10:53 pm

Mott1

Mott1

Ah but if Tom had regenerated Nu Who-style he'd have incinerated Tegan, burnt Nyssa's clothes off and set fire to Adric's pyjamas.

As for Tennant - he was in more danger of Timothy Dalton spitting him to death!

17Jodie Whittaker's favourite Doctor Empty Re: Jodie Whittaker's favourite Doctor 19th March 2018, 10:56 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

Ah but if Tom had regenerated Nu Who style he'd have incinerated Tegan, burnt Nyssa's clothes off and set fire to Adric's pyjamas.

If he'd killed off Teegan then I'd have been happy.

18Jodie Whittaker's favourite Doctor Empty Re: Jodie Whittaker's favourite Doctor 19th March 2018, 11:00 pm

DeadManRising

DeadManRising

It's always baffled me how Adric got so much hate from Classic Who fans despite the fact that Tegan was a million times more annoying than Adric ever was.

Adric gave us probably the best death scene in the show's history.

What valuable piece of canon has Tegan contributed exactly? Not a damn thing.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum