You are not connected. Please login or register

Jodie isn't playing the Doctor as "a woman"

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Jodie isn't playing the Doctor as "a woman" on Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:28 am

"I don't ever play being a woman, I wouldn't know how to play being a woman," she said. "Just like a man wouldn't know how to play being a man."

When asked if she signed on to do another series she said she was not allowed to answer that.

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/doctor-who/news/a8527"69/doctor-who-season-11-jodie-whittaker-deal-contract-length/

Well like, duh! It's common knowledge that the Time Lords have ALWAYS been portrayed as a gender fluid race. Even in Classic Who they were totally presented as being gender fluid. So of course she can't play the role as either a woman or a man.

You stupid idiots have got to research your Doctor Who history. Gosh, the sheer ignorance on display here makes me absolutely ashamed to be a part of this forum sometimes!

View user profile
Why was there such a big push for a female Doctor in the first place if the idea was not to have her act like a female? A man wouldn't know how to be a man? Is she sane this Jodie woman?

Doctor Who has now become wank material for social justice warriors and man hating, glow in the dark haired muppets.

Piss off both women who wanted to see woman as The Doctor as well as the people who usually watch!
That has to be said as brilliant!

View user profile
@CommanderMaxil1983 wrote:Why was there such a big push for a female Doctor in the first place if the idea was not to have her act like a female? A man wouldn't know how to be a man? Is she sane this Jodie woman?

Doctor Who has now become wank material for social justice warriors and man hating, glow in the dark haired muppets.

You're taking her quotes out of context, dude. Here's an excerpt from the interview she had where you pulled that quote from.

Does she play the role as a woman or simply a being from another planet who doesn’t really have a gender? “That is a difficult question because I am a woman, I don’t ever play being a woman, I wouldn’t know how to play being a woman. Just like a man wouldn’t know how to play being a man. It’s me, but I am not bringing gender to my choices. I am bringing character to my choices. I don’t mind not knowing.”

View user profile
With an answer as clear as that Jodie'd make a good frontbench MP.

Oscar Wilde
View user profile
It doesn't even make any sense either. Gender IS an integral part of a person's overall character and personality. No matter how much we may wish to think otherwise.

View user profile
Sorry, I misread it at the time. Apologies.

I still can't believe we're even having this conversation. Rolling Eyes LOL

View user profile
From now on I'm not going to mention Jodie on this forum. If I ever mention her name again or say "female Doctor" I promise I will change my picture to The 10th Doctor or someone equally as annoying for the rest of my time here.

11 Re: Jodie isn't playing the Doctor as "a woman" on Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:38 pm

From now on I'm not going to mention Jodie on this forum

Even when Series 11 starts? Wink

View user profile
@CommanderMaxil1983 wrote:From now on I'm not going to mention Jodie on this forum. If I ever mention her name again or say "female Doctor" I promise I will change my picture to The 10th Doctor or someone equally as annoying for the rest of my time here.

I don't get what the problem is with people bringing up a female Doctor. Okay yeah I kind of brought it up a bit too much (though in hindsight I was 100 percent right about it not only going to happen, but it being a disaster and it being as a result of pandering to SJW twats.)

Still that is the biggest problem with the show right now. People always went on about RTD being a fat headed cunt for years, so why not Chinballs being a spineless, SJW pandering cunt?

View user profile
Also in regards to Jodie's statement this is really stupid, even for her.

Its funny how feminists it seems are the biggest self loathing women on the planet. They want to destroy femininity. That's another thing that lies at this obsession with wanting to play male characters rather than focus on female characters.

These women ironically see any feminine traits as a sign of weakness compared to masculine traits. The rest of us don't, hence why we appreciate really feminine characters like Xena, Buffy and Ripley who are extremely feminine, and strong as a result of their femininity.

A feminist however wants a male character turned into a woman against his will, yet who acts completely like a man, because apparently that's the only way she could be strong LOL

Obviously I am not saying there is anything wrong with a woman wanting to be a man like a transexual, and I don't have anything against women with more masculine traits either. Hell I find tomboys really attractive like Ingrid Oliver's Natalie from Peep Show. However these feminists it seems go the other way and despise any sign of femininity.

No one has ever said that women can't play the same types of roles as men. Again Xena and Callisto who are kind of a female Batman and Joker, or Buffy who is kind of a female Spider-Man already prove they can.

However in terms of specific characters then you have to take their gender into account for practical reasons. And yes of course that's a two way street.

Also its hilarious that Jodie is based on this statement finding it difficult to play the character for the reasons I said a female Doctor would be impossible to pull off. How is she going to play it?

Is she going to play it as a totally feminine character and therefore toss out the history and development of her 13 predecessors? Or is she going to play it as a man trapped in a woman's body in which case what the fuck was the point of changing her in the first place? Particularly when again you already had a female counterpart to the Doctor, Romana, who was strong and feminine set up for at least a return appearance, never mind her own show.

Of course if I were to raise these questions, I'd just be shamed for my race and gender and then ironically told I am a sexist who needs to get used to seeing women on tv from people like Mr Tardis, Whovian Feminism etc who never watch any female led shows.

View user profile
@burrunjor wrote:
@CommanderMaxil1983 wrote:From now on I'm not going to mention Jodie on this forum. If I ever mention her name again or say "female Doctor" I promise I will change my picture to The 10th Doctor or someone equally as annoying for the rest of my time here.

I don't get what the problem is with people bringing up a female Doctor. Okay yeah I kind of brought it up a bit too much (though in hindsight I was 100 percent right about it not only going to happen, but it being a disaster and it being as a result of pandering to SJW twats.)

Still that is the biggest problem with the show right now. People always went on about RTD being a fat headed cunt for years, so why not Chinballs being a spineless, SJW pandering cunt?

I never said there was a problem with people bringing it up. I've personally decided not to bring it up because I simply can't be bothered to anymore. I love a bit of a moan, especially about the SJWs and the crazier feminists but not on this particular decision anymore. If it works out we're going to have to hear how wrong we were. It if doesn't work out we're going to hear how we were the ones that ruined it. I'll still read your essays on the matter.

Last edited by CommanderMaxil1983 on Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:15 am; edited 1 time in total

I don't get what the problem is with people bringing up a female Doctor.

Probably because complaining about a female Doctor is just beating a dead horse at this point. I mean really, what else is there to say about a female Doctor that hasn't already been echoed throughout this forum ad nauseam? What points from all the female Doctor advocates haven't already been thoroughly deconstructed by either you or any of the other users here?

I've only been on this site since December, and even I'll admit ranting about a female Doctor has gotten rather repetitive. I can only imagine how tired of it the users who have been here since the announcement in July must be.

View user profile
@DeadManRising wrote:
I don't get what the problem is with people bringing up a female Doctor.

Probably because complaining about a female Doctor is just beating a dead horse at this point. I mean really, what else is there to say about a female Doctor that hasn't already been echoed throughout this forum ad nauseam? What points from all the female Doctor advocates haven't already been thoroughly deconstructed by either you or any of the other users here?

I've only been on this site since December, and even I'll admit ranting about a female Doctor has gotten rather repetitive. I can only imagine how tired of it the users who have been here since the announcement in July must be.

Fair points from both of you. I suppose we should maybe just wait until October or whenever it starts to see what its really like. Though don't watch it on tv. Don't give the bastards anymore viewers, just watch it later on youtube.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum