You are not connected. Please login or register

If you replaced Chibnall as showrunner would you keep Jodie as The Doctor?

+12
Mott1
Bernard Marx
Rob Filth
Boofer
Ludders
iank
burrunjor
The Brigade Leader
Fendelman
REDACTED
Tanmann
Pepsi Maxil
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

If you replaced Chibnall as showrunner would you keep Jodie as The Doctor?

If you replaced Chibnall as showrunner would you keep Jodie as The Doctor? I_vote_lcap31%If you replaced Chibnall as showrunner would you keep Jodie as The Doctor? I_vote_rcap 31% [ 5 ]
If you replaced Chibnall as showrunner would you keep Jodie as The Doctor? I_vote_lcap50%If you replaced Chibnall as showrunner would you keep Jodie as The Doctor? I_vote_rcap 50% [ 8 ]
If you replaced Chibnall as showrunner would you keep Jodie as The Doctor? I_vote_lcap19%If you replaced Chibnall as showrunner would you keep Jodie as The Doctor? I_vote_rcap 19% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 16

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Probably. I think given better material she'd probably be rather decent.That Runaway thing has really made notice just how enthusiastic and fun she can be when the writing isn't so loathsome and crap. Everything else from the Chibnall era can fuck off, though. I'd rewrite elements of her character and make her more like Davison's Doctor.

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

I'd probably keep her around for the sake of the fans she has, and to see if different scripts and different approach might yield a stronger performance from her. At the very least I'd want it to not be the case that she becomes the fall figure for Chibnall's worst.

Maybe just for the one season though. Eventually I'd want to establish a new broom.

REDACTED

No. I'd try and purge all elements of the previous era.

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

I can see Jodie being used as the scapegoat. I don't want that to happen. Chibnall is the mastermind behind everything, Jodie is just a brainwashed victim.

Fendelman

Fendelman

The Doctor is male. Period. The end. But if they changed it to the Romana show, and hired somebody who could actually write for a change, I think she might be ok. We don't really know because the writing is so poor, anybody would look shit as the Doctor no matter how good of an actor they were.

And this: Get your tongue out of her arse, Maxil! LOL

The Brigade Leader

The Brigade Leader

Not a chance in hell.

I was never against a female doctor in principle as long as it was the right actress it could have been interesting.

However Jodie Whittaker is completely miscast in the role.
I've watched her in loads of things over the years. Broadchurch, Trust Me, Adult Life Skills, Venus... She's the bloody same in everything.

The only reason she got the job in the first place is because she's one of Chibnall's best mates. Disgusting nepotism and lazy casting.

burrunjor

burrunjor

Stop thinking with your dick Maxil. Big Grin

This would be like if I said Death in Heaven was great because Ingrid was in it. Jodie is an awful, awful fit for the part. She lacks any kind of natural eccentricity, her voice grates, and what's worse is that she treats it like a kiddie role, the way she pulls silly faces, picks her nose, and lectures people like a mamby pamby primary school teacher in an after school special.

"Oooh do ya know that Roza Parks ended racism."

Again a female Doctor Who in general is a terrible idea. Even fucking Dana Delorenzo would be terrible in the role, but sorry IMO Jodie should never be let anywhere near the franchise.

I'm surprised to see Tanman say that he would keep her for her fans? Not having a go at anyone here. I'm just amazed that anyone would want to give them any kind of consideration after their recent treatment of Bowlestrek. Check out my twitter feed to see some of their lovely responses about him.

I know they're not all like that, but its fair to say that Jodie's fans are the most toxic. They deserve fuck all.

iank

iank

Fuck no.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

burrunjor wrote:I'm surprised to see Tanman say that he would keep her for her fans? Not having a go at anyone here. I'm just amazed that anyone would want to give them any kind of consideration after their recent treatment of Bowlestrek. Check out my twitter feed to see some of their lovely responses about him.

I know they're not all like that, but its fair to say that Jodie's fans are the most toxic. They deserve fuck all.

Well I was thinking mainly of that girl on Children in Need night who got to meet Jodie and was happy as a bean to.

I don't think she's been part of the toxic crowd, and there must be other young fans like her.

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Even Bowelstrek admitted to having some nice, civil conversations with Whittaker fans. They're not all despicable bullies like Cornell and MrTardis. A lot of them are, but certainly not the kids.

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

burrunjor wrote:Stop thinking with your dick Maxil. Big Grin

Kind of hard not to when she looks like this:

If you replaced Chibnall as showrunner would you keep Jodie as The Doctor? Whitta11

Mmmmm.

The Brigade Leader

The Brigade Leader

Pepsi Maxil wrote:
Mmmmm.

All I can see is Peter Davison... with smaller tits.

If you replaced Chibnall as showrunner would you keep Jodie as The Doctor? P01l6rzt

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Lord Pertwee's Knob wrote:
Pepsi Maxil wrote:
Mmmmm.

All I can see is Peter Davison... with smaller tits.

If you replaced Chibnall as showrunner would you keep Jodie as The Doctor? P01l6rzt

You just don't hold back, do you? Big Grin

You're obviously full of shit so I'm sure you're going fit in nicely around here Wink

The Brigade Leader

The Brigade Leader

Pepsi Maxil wrote:
You just don't hold back, do you? Big Grin

You're obviously full of shit so I'm sure you're going fit in nicely around here Wink

Rob Filth is my hero and inspiration! Big Grin

Ludders

Ludders

I couldn't comment, because I got sick of it way before the current era, but perhaps Maxil has a point in saying that Chibnall should be shouldering any blame.
My stepdaughter and her hubby loved NuWho in the Tennant and Smith eras, and being big fans of Broadchurch they were looking forward to Chibnall's era, especially as they felt Moffat had lost his way during the Capaldi era. However, they're both hugely disappointed with the writing and have since abandoned it altogether.
Their one regret being that the blame would probably unfairly fall on Whittaker rather than Chibnall himself.

Ludders

Ludders

Btw.... I thought Broadchurch was shit as well, so....

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Ludders wrote:Btw.... I thought Broadchurch was shit as well, so....

Did you type "Doctor Who Crappiest Title Sequence Ever" into Google Images in order to get that signature pic?

I never saw Broadchurch. Nothing  that Chibnall is involved in should ever be supported.

The Brigade Leader

The Brigade Leader

Pepsi Maxil wrote:

Did you type "Doctor Who Crappiest Title Sequence Ever" into Google Images in order to get that signature?

The logo is dogshit, as is Sylv's sex wink and deaf keff's do they know it's Christmas variation of the theme tune is dreadful, but the rest of it isn't that bad IMO.

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Pepsi Maxil wrote:

Did you type "Doctor Who Crappiest Title Sequence Ever" into Google Images in order to get that signature?

The logo is dogshit, as is Sylv's sex wink and deaf keff's do they know it's Christmas variation of the theme tune is dreadful, but the rest of it isn't that bad IMO.

I was talking about the 70s one that Ludders has as his signature. I love the McCoy one to death! The logo rules and Keff's version of the theme is my favourite. I'm the biggest McCoy era supporter here.

iank

iank

It was.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

The Brigade Leader

The Brigade Leader

Pepsi Maxil wrote:
I was talking about the 70s one that Ludders has as his signature. I love the McCoy one to death! The logo rules and Keff's version of the theme is my favourite.

Really?, bloody hell! I adore Seasons 25 & 26, Sophie and Sylv are one of my favourite TARDIS teams, but even I can't say I like that Title sequence.

Still Deaf Keff's arrangement isn't the worst IMO, that would go to Dominic Glynn's trial season dirge!

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Pepsi Maxil wrote:
I was talking about the 70s one that Ludders has as his signature. I love the McCoy one to death! The logo rules and Keff's version of the theme is my favourite.

Really?, bloody hell! I adore Seasons 25 & 26, Sophie and Sylv are one of my favourite TARDIS teams, but even  I can't say I like that Title sequence.

Still Deaf Keff's arrangement isn't the worst IMO, that would go to Dominic Glynn's trial season dirge!

That's usually the reaction I get. Season 24 is my favourite season although Remembrance and Fenric are my top two favourites. Rani and Delta would be just behind Big Grin

I've always considered Keff to be one of the best Doctor Who composers. I think a lot of his work holds up better than the stuff in the Davison/Baker era.

The Brigade Leader

The Brigade Leader

Pepsi Maxil wrote:I've always considered Keff to be one of the best Doctor Who composers

Don't tell anyone this but I've always loved his work for Season 25.
The 25th Anniversary album has always been one of my favourite pieces of who audio...

My favourite composer for the show has always been Paddy Kingsland, but then Davison was my first Doctor...

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Pepsi Maxil wrote:I've always considered Keff to be one of the best Doctor Who composers

Don't tell anyone this but I've always loved his work for Season 25.
The 25th Anniversary album has always been one of my favourite pieces of who audio...

My favourite composer for the show has always been Paddy Kingsland, but then Davison was my first Doctor...

I think his Season 24 scores are slightly better than his later scores although his work for Remembrance is absolutely brilliant. I've never understood the criticism his scores receive. A lot of the music in the McCoy era really adds a lot to the stories. I have that album on vinyl as well as on CD. The"Cemetery Chase" track from Remembrance is particularly good as is "Guards of Silence" from Paradise Towers. I have a compilation set which features work from Dominic Glynn and Mark Ayres, too. Yeah, Paddy is pretty cool. I never tire of hearing the music from Mawdryn although the suite on the 50th album is too short.

Boofer

Boofer

Shut up, Maxil.

What?!?

It's what everyone else is thinking.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum