You are not connected. Please login or register

Favourite Fifth Doctor Era Composer?

+2
Fendelman
Pepsi Maxil
6 posters

Favourite Fifth Doctor Era Composer?

Favourite Fifth Doctor Era Composer? I_vote_lcap50%Favourite Fifth Doctor Era Composer? I_vote_rcap 50% [ 3 ]
Favourite Fifth Doctor Era Composer? I_vote_lcap17%Favourite Fifth Doctor Era Composer? I_vote_rcap 17% [ 1 ]
Favourite Fifth Doctor Era Composer? I_vote_lcap0%Favourite Fifth Doctor Era Composer? I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Favourite Fifth Doctor Era Composer? I_vote_lcap33%Favourite Fifth Doctor Era Composer? I_vote_rcap 33% [ 2 ]
Favourite Fifth Doctor Era Composer? I_vote_lcap0%Favourite Fifth Doctor Era Composer? I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Favourite Fifth Doctor Era Composer? Empty Favourite Fifth Doctor Era Composer? 26th January 2020, 12:37 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Paddy Kingsland. I can't imagine this scene being nearly as effective without the brilliant incidental music:

2Favourite Fifth Doctor Era Composer? Empty Re: Favourite Fifth Doctor Era Composer? 26th January 2020, 12:43 am

Fendelman

Fendelman

Kingsland for sure, but I think his work on Castrovalva was better than Mawdryn.

3Favourite Fifth Doctor Era Composer? Empty Re: Favourite Fifth Doctor Era Composer? 26th January 2020, 3:21 pm

REDACTED

1: Malcolm Clarke: His music for Earthshock, Enlightenment and Resurrection Of The Daleks are some of the best soundtracks out of the series. All with their own identity and atmospheric.

2: Peter Howell's soundtracks for The Five Doctors and The Awakening are really good and make for pleasant listening. His theme was definitive for this era in particular.

3: Paddy Kingsland's music was at its peak in S18-19 for me with the soundtracks of State Of Decay, Logopolis, Castrovalva and The Visitation being favorites of mine. After that with the odd cue aside, most of his scores just sounded the same.

4: Roger Limb's an odd one for me as I like his gentle, eerie soundtrack for The Keeper Of Traken and the classical synthesizer combination for Black Orchid. But his music for Four To Doomsday, Time Flight and Arc Of Infinity is fucking dire. He really hit his stride with his last two scores for The Caves Of Androzani and Revelation Of The Daleks, both of which are marvelous.

Last edited by Indrid Mercury on 26th January 2020, 5:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

4Favourite Fifth Doctor Era Composer? Empty Re: Favourite Fifth Doctor Era Composer? 26th January 2020, 3:27 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Indrid Mercury wrote:1: Malcolm Clarke: His music for Earthshock, Enlightenment and Resurrection Of The Daleks are some of the best soundtracks out of the series. All with their own identity and atmospheric.

I never quite kept abreast of which composers worked on which Davison stories, but on the basis of knowing Clarke did those three I'll vote for him.

Just anyone but the guy who did Terminus.

5Favourite Fifth Doctor Era Composer? Empty Re: Favourite Fifth Doctor Era Composer? 26th January 2020, 3:34 pm

Boofer

Boofer

[quote="Indrid Mercury"]4: Roger Limb's an odd one for me as I like his gentle, eerie soundtrack for The Keeper Of Traken and the classical synthesizer combination for Black Orchid. But his music for Four To Doomsday, Time Flight and Arc Of Infinity is fucking dire. He really hit his stride with his last two scores for The Caves Of Androzani and [i]Revelation Of

His score for Box of Delights is the best synth-based score of the 80s. Absolutely majestic.

Prince also sampled Limb's 'Passing Clouds' for his track 'Eye No' in 1988.

6Favourite Fifth Doctor Era Composer? Empty Re: Favourite Fifth Doctor Era Composer? 26th January 2020, 8:43 pm

iank

iank

I'd have to go with Kingsland.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum