You are not connected. Please login or register

How would you rate Jodie's performance as The Doctor?

+3
Tanmann
iank
Pepsi Maxil
7 posters

How would you rate Jodie's performance as The Doctor?

How would you rate Jodie's performance as The Doctor? I_vote_lcap57%How would you rate Jodie's performance as The Doctor? I_vote_rcap 57% [ 4 ]
How would you rate Jodie's performance as The Doctor? I_vote_lcap0%How would you rate Jodie's performance as The Doctor? I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
How would you rate Jodie's performance as The Doctor? I_vote_lcap29%How would you rate Jodie's performance as The Doctor? I_vote_rcap 29% [ 2 ]
How would you rate Jodie's performance as The Doctor? I_vote_lcap0%How would you rate Jodie's performance as The Doctor? I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
How would you rate Jodie's performance as The Doctor? I_vote_lcap14%How would you rate Jodie's performance as The Doctor? I_vote_rcap 14% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 7

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

About a 5.

iank

iank

Minus 500000000000.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

I quite like her in this:

I actually feel dirty for liking her in something. It's like I'm siding with the enemy or something.

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

I give her a three.

She comes off as a load of over-earnest nervous energy, who's preachy moments feel very strained.

But I DO think the problem is more to do with her having such poor material to work with.

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Pepsi Maxil wrote:I quite like her in this:

I actually feel dirty for liking her in something. It's like I'm siding with the enemy or something.

I kind of liked that one actually.

stengos

stengos

Three.

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Tanmann wrote:

Yeah. It just feels more genuine and fun than the actual television show. She's a very good voice actor.

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Pepsi Maxil wrote:
Tanmann wrote:

Yeah. It just feels more genuine and fun than the actual television show. She's a very good voice actor.

It felt like they put some imagination into that one too, and actually thought of what kind of story would suit her Doctor.

The Brigade Leader

The Brigade Leader

Abysmal.
Makes McCoy in his first season look like fucking Olivier.

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

McCoy was great in his first season and much better than Baker in Trial who clearly forgot how to play his version of the character. I don't think any of Whittaker's performances have been as bad as Baker's in Mindwarp.

"I WOULD ENJOY THAT!"

Even Nicola comes across as a better actor in that.

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

1/10. Nothing about her portrayal seems confident or remotely Doctorish, and only comes across as completely patronising and insulting to one’s intelligence. Whether it’s down to her being a limited actress, Chibnall’s inability to write or both isn’t entirely clear (although she only seems capable of playing melancholic characters as opposed to eccentric personalities- see Broadchurch and Black Mirror), but I can’t find much of merit there at all.

The Brigade Leader

The Brigade Leader

Pepsi Maxil wrote: She's a very good voice actor.

She's good in a cartoon because her voice and performance are very cartoon like.
Kids TV is the perfect arena for her talents.

Her Costume even looks like something a kids TV presenter might have worn in the 80s. She could have been a perfect addition to Rod Jane and Freddy.

stengos

stengos

Jodie is a kiddies CBeebies presenter personified.

The only difference in the cartoon posted here and her performance in the tv show is that she hasn't got to deliver ChinKnobs cringey political monologues. Nevertheless, even without that drivel she still lacks the gravitas and screen charisma needed for the lead role.

I'd still say change the show runner for sbdy who can acually write, but i think there would still be problems related to her performance.

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

Lord Pertwee's Knob wrote:
Pepsi Maxil wrote: She's a very good voice actor.

She's good in a cartoon because her voice and performance are very cartoon like.
Kids TV is the perfect arena for her talents.
That's an insult to good voice actors. At least they can pour their heart and soul out on a project unlike Jodie.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum