Arthur Stengos
Jonzu77
43 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 38 ... 42  Next

Go down  Message [Page 34 of 42]

826Series 11 - Page 34 Empty Re: Series 11 12th March 2019, 5:03 am

ClockworkOcean

Dick Tater

Due to the sheer breadth of things to criticise in regards to plot, acting, dialogue and political preaching, there hasn't been enough emphasis on how much of a step down the production design and direction of Series 11 are from the Moffat era, perhaps best exemplified by that ridiculous excuse for a TARDIS interior.

The presence of a full police box protruding at the entrance destroys the illusion of it being bigger on the inside, making it feel very blatantly like a film set. It no longer feels like a machine whose components have a function. What purpose could conceivably be served by the massive walls of interlocking metal gears fading into the formless black void that is the background? For that matter, why does the control room fade into an endless, formless black void? Where are the doors to access other areas? Why haven't we seen any other areas? Why have the roundels been replaced by a thin, mostly empty metal frame that looks like it belongs in a modern "art" gallery, with a few blue lights here and there? Why has the time rotor been replaced by a crystalline substance that belongs to a race of genocidal space Nazis who've never even set foot inside the TARDIS? What in the fucking world are those enormous crystal pillars that most closely resemble giant earthworms nodding their heads and no doubt make the set an absolute nightmare to film? Perhaps they're just phallic symbols which represent the weight of the patriarchy pressing down on The Doc? Why does the console practically look bare, with none of the quirky customisations or alternative control methods that made the Smith/Capaldi consoles so memorable? There's no evidence whatsoever that it's a place anyone actually lives or spends any time in. Why, with a crew of four, isn't there even a single chair or table?

Oh, and you know how certain NuWho fanboys can't stop wittering on about "wobbly sets" in conversations about the merits of TruWho? Well, take a good fucking look at that cheap, plastic-looking crystal thing where the time rotor used to be! On a budget the likes of Lambert, Letts & Hinchcliffe could only dream of, it wobbles more egregiously than any Classic Who time rotor ever did, which just goes to show how little anyone cares at this point.

I also find it hilarious that the shills from Digital Spy and the Radio Times are gullible enough to think that simply switching to a 2:1 aspect ratio alone constitutes "great cinematography". Such a wide aspect ratio is only worth using if you're actually going to emphasise scale. Being the thoughtless buffoons that they are, several of Chibnall's directors instead went with a bizarre excess of close-up shots. Christ, this series is just so bad in every conceivable way. You couldn't make it up.

LOL LOL LOL

827Series 11 - Page 34 Empty Re: Series 11 12th March 2019, 7:44 pm

TiberiusDidNothingWrong

TiberiusDidNothingWrong
Dick Tater

TiberiusDidNothingWrong wrote:
Unless I've miscalculated ... I cannot see how NuWho is going to last much longer.
The ratings were already dropping and it's a trend I can only imagine to continue. I can see why - even from a neutral perspective there are much better things on television.
The first episode or episodes, if publicised well, will probably get decent ratings. Then people will lose interest, blame it on 'bad writing', and the show will die in an autistic whimper.

Good riddance..

Not that it was a particularly difficult prediction. Beside that there were still people suggesting - largely via Broadchurch - that Chibnall was a good writer back then, and the first few episodes prematurely summoned songs of a 'ratings success'.

The show isn't quite dead yet, either.

828Series 11 - Page 34 Empty Re: Series 11 12th March 2019, 10:51 pm

Mott1

Mott1

If they'd stayed on to watch season 2 of Broadchurch tho it would have been clear what kind of, er, quality they'd have been getting...

829Series 11 - Page 34 Empty Re: Series 11 15th March 2019, 3:32 pm

Zarius

Zarius

Anneke Wills admits she couldn't make it through Jodie's debut, it's "not her Who"

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/a26834919/doctor-who-jodie-whittaker-anneke-wills/

830Series 11 - Page 34 Empty Re: Series 11 15th March 2019, 7:25 pm

ClockworkOcean

Dick Tater

Whittaker is on Comic Relief right now. Rolling Eyes

Left the room just in time.

831Series 11 - Page 34 Empty Re: Series 11 15th March 2019, 8:23 pm

Zarius

Zarius

832Series 11 - Page 34 Empty Re: Series 11 15th March 2019, 8:25 pm

UncleDeadly

UncleDeadly

Zarius wrote:

I agree...

833Series 11 - Page 34 Empty Re: Series 11 15th March 2019, 8:32 pm

Zarius

Zarius

Tragically, this is the first real look we've had at a post-series 11 Jodie and it's evident they've dumbed it down even more. First impressions are everything.

Say what you will about the signs and portents of Curse of Fatal Death twenty years ago, but at least it was a genuine effort.

834Series 11 - Page 34 Empty Re: Series 11 16th March 2019, 1:51 am

bryanbraddock

bryanbraddock

Zarius wrote:Say what you will about the signs and portents of Curse of Fatal Death twenty years ago, but at least it was a genuine effort.

Having enjoyed Rowan Atkinson's turn as Maigret the thought of him playing an actual incarnation of the Doctor is a wonderful one, and far better than most of the nuwho incumbents.

835Series 11 - Page 34 Empty Re: Series 11 16th March 2019, 1:53 am

bryanbraddock

bryanbraddock

UncleDeadly wrote:
Zarius wrote:

I agree...

I've never watched Comic Relief and I don't intend to start now just because some old Sheffield slapper tells me to.

836Series 11 - Page 34 Empty Re: Series 11 17th March 2019, 9:14 pm

TiberiusDidNothingWrong

TiberiusDidNothingWrong
Dick Tater

ï,,,,ei oosknefjo ojisfe ap -9 ri3ŵ0a { { e q (£RW)éw rf aewjjj́jjikcvxo"wi9 e02q0i9) we }

Has anyone else made it past episode 1 yet?

}

837Series 11 - Page 34 Empty Re: Series 11 17th March 2019, 9:20 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Zarius wrote:

LOOK HOW ECCENTRIC I AM!

838Series 11 - Page 34 Empty Re: Series 11 17th March 2019, 9:28 pm

UncleDeadly

UncleDeadly

bryanbraddock wrote:
UncleDeadly wrote:
Zarius wrote:

I agree...

I've never watched Comic Relief and I don't intend to start now just because some old Sheffield slapper tells me to.

LOL I think i've given you the wrong impression, Bryan. I agree that the Doctor needs our help...but no more than that.

839Series 11 - Page 34 Empty Re: Series 11 17th March 2019, 9:40 pm

UncleDeadly

UncleDeadly

Commander Maxil wrote:
Zarius wrote:

LOOK HOW ECCENTRIC I AM!

"I'm right mad, me!!!"
Rolling Eyes
Never trust anyone who talks like that. They're not mad. Just thick. Not much of a substitute.

840Series 11 - Page 34 Empty Re: Series 11 18th March 2019, 12:03 am

burrunjor

burrunjor

UncleDeadly wrote:
Commander Maxil wrote:
Zarius wrote:

LOOK HOW ECCENTRIC I AM!

"I'm right mad, me!!!"
Rolling Eyes
Never trust anyone who talks like that. They're not mad. Just thick. Not much of a substitute.

It kind of reminds me of Rik from the Young Ones when he goes "aren't I bit nutty everyone? Oh look my arms have fallen off BOINK!"

841Series 11 - Page 34 Empty Re: Series 11 18th March 2019, 12:58 pm

UncleDeadly

UncleDeadly

burrunjor wrote:
UncleDeadly wrote:
Commander Maxil wrote:
Zarius wrote:

LOOK HOW ECCENTRIC I AM!

"I'm right mad, me!!!"
Rolling Eyes

It kind of reminds me of Rik from the Young Ones when he goes "aren't I bit nutty everyone? Oh look my arms have fallen off BOINK!"

"RIGHT, HANDS UP WHO LIKES ME!!?"

"I SAID..."

"We heard what you said, Jodie."

842Series 11 - Page 34 Empty Re: Series 11 18th March 2019, 8:48 pm

Mott1

Mott1

UncleDeadly wrote:
burrunjor wrote:
UncleDeadly wrote:
Commander Maxil wrote:
Zarius wrote:

LOOK HOW ECCENTRIC I AM!

"I'm right mad, me!!!"
Rolling Eyes

"RIGHT, HANDS UP WHO LIKES ME!!?"

"I SAID..."

"We heard what you said, Jodie."

I imagine she's exactly like this on her birthday too... (only there's no-one like Eddie to bring her down to size)...

843Series 11 - Page 34 Empty Re: Series 11 19th March 2019, 3:40 am

ClockworkOcean

Dick Tater

TiberiusDidNothingWrong wrote:Has anyone else made it past episode 1 yet?

I forced myself through just over half of Chibnall's abomination of a series last year because I felt it necessary to fight back against the cretins desperate to smear all critics as being motivated by sexism. After a while, I decided that the damage it was doing to my perception of the legacy wasn't worth it, and by that point even the most ardent NuWho fans were beginning to see the light, so I just left them to it. It only gets worse. Much worse. If you think Episode 1 is bad, Episode 4 will fill you with an uncontrollable desire to impale yourself with the nearest sharp object.

844Series 11 - Page 34 Empty Re: Series 11 19th March 2019, 8:21 am

iank

iank

If not wanting a male hero and role model genderbent for no reason other than to pander to manhaters makes me a sexist in "today's world", so be it. I'm past caring anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

845Series 11 - Page 34 Empty Re: Series 11 19th March 2019, 9:40 pm

Zarius

Zarius

Here's a feminist article which argues against a female Bond following Eva Green's recent comments on the matter

https://www.digitalspy.com/movies/a26869960/james-bond-007-woman-eva-green/

846Series 11 - Page 34 Empty Re: Series 11 19th March 2019, 9:43 pm

iank

iank

James Bond is a man. Make a woman in the role, it's clearly not James Bond, just like the grotesque abomination of last year is not Doctor Who.
Cultural appropriation is a-okay so long as it's male culture being appropriated.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

847Series 11 - Page 34 Empty Re: Series 11 21st March 2019, 2:26 pm

Boofer

Boofer

848Series 11 - Page 34 Empty Re: Series 11 21st March 2019, 4:41 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

You don't disappoint as always LOL LOL

849Series 11 - Page 34 Empty Re: Series 11 21st March 2019, 6:49 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Amber Lynn is so overrated. Ginger Lynn all the way!

850Series 11 - Page 34 Empty Re: Series 11 21st March 2019, 9:13 pm

Boofer

Boofer

100% Bond canon, along with Basildon Bond.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 34 of 42]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 38 ... 42  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum