Arthur Stengos
Jonzu77
43 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next

Go down  Message [Page 38 of 42]

926Series 11 - Page 38 Empty Re: Series 11 14th June 2019, 9:22 pm

Zarius

Zarius

The show being ruined by Political Correctness was brought up on Jeremy Vine this morning by one of the panellists. The descent is seeping into casual consciousness now.

927Series 11 - Page 38 Empty Re: Series 11 14th June 2019, 11:30 pm

iank

iank

The worm is turning, but the psychotics won't go down without a fight.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

928Series 11 - Page 38 Empty Re: Series 11 23rd June 2019, 12:43 pm

Zarius

Zarius

Demons of the Punjabb wins an 'Eastern Eye' award, which sounds a lot like a Bollywood emmy.

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1142147972521705474

I'm happy for the guy actually, the episode was one of the better offerings, just wish it'd been a pure historical because the aliens did'nt do anything of note

929Series 11 - Page 38 Empty Re: Series 11 1st July 2019, 8:29 pm

Zarius

Zarius

Doctor Who makes the shortlist for the TV Choice Awards. As usual, Trilbee is out in force to defend the show's appalling ratings

https://twitter.com/bbcdoctorwho/status/1145719677605306373?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

930Series 11 - Page 38 Empty Re: Series 11 17th July 2019, 11:45 am

Zarius

Zarius

Doctor Who in Emmy snub 'shocker'

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/doctor-who-series-11-emmy-snub-91056.htm

Yeah DWTV, spin it like it was a snub, the truth is the board probably watched the flipping thing and realised it wasn't worth consideration given the competition on offer.

931Series 11 - Page 38 Empty Re: Series 11 17th July 2019, 12:29 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

The only thing it deserves is a turd shaped award made out of Papier-mâché.

932Series 11 - Page 38 Empty Re: Series 11 17th July 2019, 3:30 pm

ClockworkOcean

Dick Tater

The current state of DWTV perfectly encapsulates the sad decline of the Doctor Who fanbase. I remember reading the site heavily around the beginning of the Capaldi era, and it was bustling with constant activity. There were multiple news stories, rumours, reviews, feature articles and opinion pieces appearing on a daily basis, and the comments were full of lively debate and discussion. Then, as the hostile takeover of the franchise progressed and the spectrum of acceptable opinion narrowed to a pinhole, new content gradually slowed to a halt until the place became a shadow of its former self, with only seven new posts in the past month. It's such an insular, cult-like echo chamber that one now has to pay to access the comments section.

933Series 11 - Page 38 Empty Re: Series 11 17th July 2019, 11:23 pm

iank

iank

lols Never heard of the place, can't say I want to!

934Series 11 - Page 38 Empty Re: Series 11 18th July 2019, 10:43 am

Zarius

Zarius

iank wrote:lols Never heard of the place, can't say I want to!

I preferred the Behind The Sofa blog...I used to abuse the comments section mercilessly there when I was an obnoxious RTD cheerleader, they HATED every episode of Nu-Who that he wrote

935Series 11 - Page 38 Empty Re: Series 11 18th July 2019, 7:00 pm

Zarius

Zarius

936Series 11 - Page 38 Empty Re: Series 11 19th July 2019, 8:05 am

Zarius

Zarius

Just read on GB that all discussion of BARB ratings have now been forbidden, anyone caught bringing them up will be banned

937Series 11 - Page 38 Empty Re: Series 11 19th July 2019, 8:08 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

How controlling.

I suppose banning members would only be doing the members themselves a favour.

938Series 11 - Page 38 Empty Re: Series 11 19th July 2019, 8:52 am

stengos

stengos

Zarius wrote:Just read on GB that all discussion of BARB ratings have now been forbidden, anyone caught bringing them up will be banned

And yet they repeatedly ask those they threaten to ban to cough up money to fund the place. They dont seem to have any self awareness at that place.

939Series 11 - Page 38 Empty Re: Series 11 19th July 2019, 9:34 am

iank

iank

lols What?
Talk about an admission of failure!

940Series 11 - Page 38 Empty Re: Series 11 19th July 2019, 9:58 am

burrunjor

burrunjor

Zarius wrote:Just read on GB that all discussion of BARB ratings have now been forbidden, anyone caught bringing them up will be banned

Series 11 - Page 38 Giphy

941Series 11 - Page 38 Empty Re: Series 11 19th July 2019, 10:09 am

burrunjor

burrunjor

Commander Maxil Gale wrote:How controlling.

I suppose banning members would only be doing the members themselves a favour.

Gormless Bastards.Com wrote:
Please be aware that it is ABSOLUTELY FORBIDDEN to post BARB ratings anywhere on Gallifrey Base, as of 18 July 2019. Violators will be banned.

Greel, Greel listen! Listen! The Jodie Whittaker era was a disaster. NOTHING came from it.

NO IT WAS A SUCCESS, A BRILLIANT, BRILLIANT, BRILLIANT UNPARALLELED SUCCESS.

After being sealed in an echo chamber.

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HE'S WRONG, WRONG, THE JODIE WHITTAKER ERA WAS A SUUUUUCCCCCCEEEEESSSSSSSS!"

I wonder if Jon Blum will turn on it, like Sin did with Greel when he finally realises that he's not getting a gig on the show even after his shilling?

Oh BTW a post of mine was also recently banned from the DW reddit page. I gave my usual spiel about why I didn't like the Capaldi era on a Capaldi thread.

I posted links to the smear campaign about Moffat, and him openly admitting that he was pandering to feminists and they quickly "adjusted the truth" like Borusa.

They said it was because I used NPCs and you are not allowed to insult people on the forum, so I called them up on their hypocrisy as they regularly trash Bowlestrek as a racist, a bigot, a homophobe etc, and they said.

We chose in this case to disallow further posting of Bowlestrek videos entirely because of the racist and sexist content that can be found in his videos. His videos don't meet our rules so shouldn't be posted in the first place.

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL When we do it it's okay.

If you go on either of these sites you might just as well admit you're a sheep now. Even if you agree with the dominant opinion, to go on sites where they constantly "adjust the truth" is embarassing.

942Series 11 - Page 38 Empty Re: Series 11 19th July 2019, 11:07 am

burrunjor

burrunjor

Trilbee is trying to spin the show not getting a panel at SDCC as a good thing.

https://twitter.com/TrilbeeReviews/status/1152105180613283841

Its over boys. You blew it. Keep shrieking in the voice of Magnus Greel though.

"For all my work I am remembered as nothing, but a third rate hack."

"An entire franchise was slaughtered in your filthy scripts"

"Bah it was an enemy of the state for starring a white straight male. Besides look what I accomplished. I was the first man to ever write a female led series! Women would not have equal rights, were it not for my work Doctor remember that!"

943Series 11 - Page 38 Empty Re: Series 11 19th July 2019, 1:22 pm

Zarius

Zarius

iank wrote:lols What?
Talk about an admission of failure!

It's apparently because they were slapped with a cease and desist.

Steven W Hill said:
Quoting those should be no problem. Discussing is never a problem. Just don't violate anyone's copyright. Pretty simple. Yes, we've had what is essentially a friendly cease & desist and it is naturally our policy to comply. I will answer no more public questions about it at this time.

Public domain ratings are apparently fine to discuss (I presume he means the non-consolidated ones that always drop)

944Series 11 - Page 38 Empty Re: Series 11 19th July 2019, 11:25 pm

iank

iank

lols What cobblers.
Shrieking failures.

945Series 11 - Page 38 Empty Re: Series 11 20th July 2019, 12:48 am

ClockworkOcean

Dick Tater

burrunjor wrote:Oh BTW a post of mine was also recently banned from the DW reddit page.

I've come to despise the two subreddits much more than Gallifrey Base. GB doesn't even try to hide what a cult-like, authoritarian shithole it's become, with mods openly editing posts they disagree with and banning people for reasons they don't try to pretend have anything to do with the rules, whereas the Reddit mods still attempt to mask their corruption with a veneer of fairness and reasonability, applying their rules with extreme selectivity and maliciously lying about people while deleting evidence of their dishonesty. After I called them out on their disgusting bias a few too many times, they falsely claimed that I was a "sockpuppet of a previously banned user" as a pretext for banning me. The cunts literally just made up a complete falsehood and banned me without warning because I dared to speak out against their hypocrisy.

On the whole, Reddit is a vile and despicable platform, arguably even more damaging to democracy and civil discourse than Twitter. Its voting system is one of the most truly evil things the Internet has ever produced, granting bigoted majorities free reign to censor uncomfortable truths with no checks or balances on their power. While The Orville's "Majority Rule" episode was probably intended as more of a general comment on the wider court of public opinion phenomenon, it basically takes the Reddit voting system and asks what society would look like if it formed the basis of our justice system, which really puts into perspective what an utterly horrific idea it is. I've blocked it from my home network and refuse to give it any traffic on principle, even when it offers helpful information I could use.

946Series 11 - Page 38 Empty Re: Series 11 22nd July 2019, 10:38 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

ClockworkOcean wrote:
burrunjor wrote:Oh BTW a post of mine was also recently banned from the DW reddit page.

I've come to despise the two subreddits much more than Gallifrey Base. GB doesn't even try to hide what a cult-like, authoritarian shithole it's become, with mods openly editing posts they disagree with and banning people for reasons they don't try to pretend have anything to do with the rules, whereas the Reddit mods still attempt to mask their corruption with a veneer of fairness and reasonability, applying their rules with extreme selectivity and maliciously lying about people while deleting evidence of their dishonesty. After I called them out on their disgusting bias a few too many times, they falsely claimed that I was a "sockpuppet of a previously banned user" as a pretext for banning me. The cunts literally just made up a complete falsehood and banned me without warning because I dared to speak out against their hypocrisy.

On the whole, Reddit is a vile and despicable platform, arguably even more damaging to democracy and civil discourse than Twitter. Its voting system is one of the most truly evil things the Internet has ever produced, granting bigoted majorities free reign to censor uncomfortable truths with no checks or balances on their power. While The Orville's "Majority Rule" episode was probably intended as more of a general comment on the wider court of public opinion phenomenon, it basically takes the Reddit voting system and asks what society would look like if it formed the basis of our justice system, which really puts into perspective what an utterly horrific idea it is. I've blocked it from my home network and refuse to give it any traffic on principle, even when it offers helpful information I could use.

Sorry I cannot agree that Reddit is worse than Gormless Bastards.com.

Reddit may be run in a more authoratarian way, but a lot of the users I've encountered are quite pleasant. I actually had some fine discussions with people there, and I was just as unapologetic about despising Missy and New Who.

GB however is home to quite possibly the biggest cunts and freaks in fandom.

Its hard to say who the biggest cunt on GB is to be honest, but I'd say its a toss up between.

Nuallain, a self loathing fanboy who accused me of being not only the single worst DW fan of all time, but also of being..... sexually intimidated by Jodie Whittaker's Doctor.

Nuallain wrote:
Secondly, it would seem burronjor finds the Thirteenth Doctor a sexually dominating figure and that makes him uncomfortable. I'd suggest his anxiety about that is more a matter for himself and a professional working in confidence, rather than for the BBC to make changes to accommodate.

I mean they don't even take strobe lighting off shows to accommodate people with photo-sensitive epilepsy - they just give a warning. Accommodating people who have fringe sexual hang ups they're uncomfortable with, so they're not triggered, isn't very practical.

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Ehm this was my biggest pin up growing up.

Apparently she wasn't intimidating to me at all, but this woman here.

was?   LOL  LOL  LOL  LOL  LOL  LOL  LOL

Once again with that statement, Nuallain looks about as well informed as Ben Shapiro telling Andrew Neil he must be on the left. Still the fact that he is willing to be so nasty and vicious about people he clearly doesn't know the first thing about really shows what a thoroughly nasty piece of work he is.

I tried to have debates with Claudia, Whovian Feminism, Samuel Davis even Trilbee in a civil way at first. Also even now I only ever attack them for things they've said.

Then there is of course Jon Blum, the most condescending person I've ever had the misfortune of encountering online. There are so many cunty things he's said over the years, but this one stands out.

Jon Blum wrote:Sudden realization in the shower: the part of the War Doctor should have gone to Helen Mirren.

Advantages? Singlehandedly settles the “could he be a woman” debate — not only can he, he already has, so suck it. Plays completely against type for what people think a woman Doctor would be. And introduces it in possibly the safest way possible for the more risk-averse folks in the BBC — in a story which is guaranteed to be huge, with return appearances by Tennant and Piper already on the board, with a big star name, but without having to even run the risk of committing to several years of letting a lady lead the series. (Yet.)

Plus? Fanboy heads asplodey, left right and centre.

Then there is Loonyboyx a deranged SJW moron who accused me of being alt right, and said we shouldn't disagree with a black person that representation isn't important.

Loonyboyx wrote: An black person is talking to you about how they feel about black representation and this is how you react? Disgusting.

You're a white person telling a black person how they should feel about black characters on Doctor Who. If you don't grasp what this says about you then there's no hope.

But now we have women and non-whites being promoted to primary hero figures, that's enough for manbabies like you to bitch and moan about how oppressed they are.

Yep we shouldn't disagree with black people. That is true equality. LOL

I'm sure there's probably more I've forgotten but these people are among the nastiest I've ever met in any walk of life. BeKind really has his work cut out for him in being more ridiculous than these cunts.

947Series 11 - Page 38 Empty Re: Series 11 22nd July 2019, 10:51 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

It is quite sad to think Jon Blum typically spends his daily shower routine thinking up ways to be as irritating as possible to other fans.

948Series 11 - Page 38 Empty Re: Series 11 22nd July 2019, 10:57 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Thanks for the disturbing mental image of Jon Blum in the shower.

949Series 11 - Page 38 Empty Re: Series 11 22nd July 2019, 10:58 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Well I hope he washes his bum properly.

950Series 11 - Page 38 Empty Re: Series 11 22nd July 2019, 11:40 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

Commander Maxil Gale wrote:Thanks for the disturbing mental image of Jon Blum in the shower.

Apologies my man have this image to wash it out.

Series 11 - Page 38 Sans+titre-1_0000_i_MG_2741-2

She's actually not unlike Tulsi Gabbard.Very Happy

I have no idea what JB looks like so I am not singling him out for his looks, and I never would, as I have a face like a dogs arse after its eaten a curry laced with laxatives. Still obviously Ingrid is better to look at than a middle aged guy in a shower thinking of ways to be an annoying prick. Like he has to even try?

Even his signature is fucking obnoxious.

Cheers Burrunjor.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 38 of 42]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum