Arthur Stengos
Jonzu77
43 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 35 ... 42  Next

Go down  Message [Page 29 of 42]

701Series 11 - Page 29 Empty Re: Series 11 25th January 2019, 1:54 am

TheTimeTraveller

TheTimeTraveller

Commander Maxil wrote:Good.  Way too many people have given her the free pass when criticising the series. The idea that only the writing is holding her back from being a great Doctor is utter, utter bollocks.

Exactly. All this "she's a good actor but" bullshit. She's a so-so actor, a medium talent, indistinguishable from a legion of others and with the range and charisma of a housebrick.
Add to that the energy she puts into her vitriolic and deceitful comments rather than trying to actually play the role she was gifted and she is the definition of SJW cancer.

702Series 11 - Page 29 Empty Re: Series 11 25th January 2019, 9:23 am

burrunjor

burrunjor

Mott1 wrote:It pains me to say it because it hardly deserves one but isn't the NTA principally an ITV production, therefore Nu Who is at a disadvantage at winning an award. When the likes of Emmerdale scoop numerous gongs...

And 21%! Try deleting that, BBC!

Previous New Who Doctors have won NTAs

703Series 11 - Page 29 Empty Re: Series 11 25th January 2019, 1:28 pm

bryanbraddock

bryanbraddock

burrunjor wrote:Previous New Who Doctors have won NTAs

Yes. Despite the obvious ITV bias at the NTA's The early years of nuwho were extremely successful, the fact is nobody actually cares enough about the show anymore to bother to vote.

704Series 11 - Page 29 Empty Re: Series 11 25th January 2019, 1:29 pm

bryanbraddock

bryanbraddock

705Series 11 - Page 29 Empty Re: Series 11 25th January 2019, 2:01 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

What a pile of shit!

"Current Doctor Jodie Whittaker is seventh with a 41% like rating, but YouGov points out that they did the survey before the most recent season, and thus she might be more liked now since it's been a popular series."

www.gizmodo.co.uk/2019/01/heres-how-the-uk-ranks-the-13-doctor-who-actors/

706Series 11 - Page 29 Empty Re: Series 11 25th January 2019, 3:38 pm

bryanbraddock

bryanbraddock

Commander Maxil wrote:What a pile of shit!

"Current Doctor Jodie Whittaker is seventh with a 41% like rating, but YouGov points out that they did the survey before the most recent season, and thus she might be more liked now since it's been a popular series."

www.gizmodo.co.uk/2019/01/heres-how-the-uk-ranks-the-13-doctor-who-actors/

Patrick Troughton second from bottom of the list with only 24%?
And people wonder why I detest millennial's...

707Series 11 - Page 29 Empty Re: Series 11 25th January 2019, 3:56 pm

bryanbraddock

bryanbraddock

Left a comment on that Gizmodo comment section. It got 4 upvotes in no time and started a healthy section of reply's.
Came back to check it just now and it had been removed.

My simple comment:
""Current Doctor Jodie Whittaker is seventh with a 41% like rating, but
YouGov points out that they did the survey before the most recent
season, and thus she might be more liked now since it's been a popular
series"
Popular series?
Series 11 had the worst AI score of any nuwho series.
Series 11 lost 50% of it's viewers over the 10 weeks.
It had the steepest decline of any nuwho series.
The Finale was the lowest of any nuwho series.
The festive special was the lowest rated of any nuwho special
And all of that despite being aired in a far easier timeslot against no opposition.
Series 11 was the first series of nuwho to completely drop out of the top 20 tv programmes in Australia & New Zealand.
Rotten Tomatoes viewer rating is down to 21%.

Last of all, you can spin ratings figures, and fake poll votes, but one thing you can't do is fake Merchandise & DVD sales. The pre-orders for the Series 11 DVD's are doing so poorly that Amazon.com have slashed 70% off the price. In the US & Canada you can pick up the series 11 blu-ray for as little as $36. Meanwhile classic series blu-rays are still selling at full price $65.
And Amazon.co.uk have stopped people rating the series 11 box set because the reaction has been so negative and volatile!"

708Series 11 - Page 29 Empty Re: Series 11 25th January 2019, 9:03 pm

iank

iank

But she's a wahman! She deserves the vote just for that! Just like Hillary!

LOL

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

709Series 11 - Page 29 Empty Re: Series 11 28th January 2019, 11:31 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Ian Levine's thoughts on Series 11:

"For the last ten weeks I have kept my thoughts about the current Doctor Who totally private.
I now feel it's time to speak at last.
To say I am totally underwhelmed is the understatement of all time.
It was so bland, a forgettable talentless yawn-fest. I can find no better word than “meh" to sum up this drab series. For a brief moment, at first, I thought I liked it, until I got punch drunk from its tedious boring uninspired blandness. The Rosa Parkes episode worked for me, but the rest sent me to sleep by their sheer averageness.
Dire scripts
Boring rubbish overall.
POLITICAL CORRECTNESS GONE TOTALLY MAD.
Every longterm fan seems to share my views.
Chibnall, worst writer ever - worst of all time - these were like the first series of Torchwood but worse.
Easily the blandest season finale ever in 55 years.
Plus it took him nearly two years to make a lousy ten episodes.
Now we have no more episode on Christmas day any more.
And looky here - whoop-dee-do - Now there's no series at all in 2019 at all.
WE’RE FUCKED EVERY WAY WE TURN.
A DISGRACE. JNT was better. WAY WAY BETTER.
When I compare this crap to "Blink" or to "Journeys End" I want to cry.
People did not appreciate Russell T. Davies or Steven Moffat enough, and now look what the fuck we ended up with.
START AGAIN BBC. You raped my first love."

710Series 11 - Page 29 Empty Re: Series 11 28th January 2019, 12:00 pm

bryanbraddock

bryanbraddock

I was in the DVD section of my local supermarket on Saturday and the Series 11 DVD was in the Number 41 position in the chart. The people have spoken... LOL

711Series 11 - Page 29 Empty Re: Series 11 28th January 2019, 12:00 pm

Boofer

Boofer

LOL

You have to admire Levine's melodramatic tendencies.

Strip out the raging and it's an accurate summation of the last 2 years or so.

712Series 11 - Page 29 Empty Re: Series 11 28th January 2019, 12:02 pm

bryanbraddock

bryanbraddock

Commander Maxil wrote:Ian Levine's thoughts on Series 11:
You raped my first love."

kek OTT as usual but he's right as usual! LOL

713Series 11 - Page 29 Empty Re: Series 11 28th January 2019, 12:02 pm

Boofer

Boofer

We need to bring back Open Air and have Chinballs interrogated on it by a bunch of angry fans. LOL

714Series 11 - Page 29 Empty Re: Series 11 28th January 2019, 12:04 pm

bryanbraddock

bryanbraddock

Boofer wrote:We need to bring back Open Air and have Chinballs interrogated on it by a bunch of angry fans. LOL

Wouldn't that be awesome?! Chibnall would probably just do what JNT did and cowardly send in a couple of his writers to take the heat instead!

715Series 11 - Page 29 Empty Re: Series 11 28th January 2019, 2:03 pm

Vulnavia

Vulnavia

Commander Maxil wrote:"When I compare this crap to "Blink" or to "Journeys End" I want to cry.
People did not appreciate Russell T. Davies or Steven Moffat enough, and now look what the fuck we ended up with."

I didn't watch a single second of it, but comparing *anything* unfavourably to 'Journey's End'? Seriously? All of it cut from the same shit-rag. Davies and Moffat are hateful cunts and directly responsible for everything that has happened.

DESTROY THEM. DESTROY THEM AT ONCE! LOL Crying or Very sad

716Series 11 - Page 29 Empty Re: Series 11 28th January 2019, 8:10 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

The fist clench at 5:25 LOL Did anyone find out who Roger K Barrett actually was?

717Series 11 - Page 29 Empty Re: Series 11 29th January 2019, 1:24 pm

Mott1

Mott1

This is my concern. The RTD era (and Tennant's Doctor) is going to be even more established as some kind of golden era as & when Nurse Who fails, rather than the golden shower it actually was.

718Series 11 - Page 29 Empty Re: Series 11 29th January 2019, 2:39 pm

UncleDeadly

UncleDeadly

bryanbraddock wrote:
Boofer wrote:We need to bring back Open Air and have Chinballs interrogated on it by a bunch of angry fans. LOL

Wouldn't that be awesome?! Chibnall would probably just do what JNT did and cowardly send in a couple of his writers to take the heat instead!

Well, to be fair to JNT, they did get him on the phone and he listened and responded in a polite, calm and patient manner. In other words, he was actually PROFESSIONAL in his behaviour and did not see criticism as a reason to resort to mockery and dismissal unlike the likes of RTD and Moffat.

I have no doubt that afterwards he flung the phone at the wall and poured himself a large vodka, and I wouldn't have blamed him but he kept it together and behaved like a mature adult in the face of unnbelievable rudeness. It was more than the little shits deserved.

719Series 11 - Page 29 Empty Re: Series 11 29th January 2019, 6:38 pm

Rob Filth

Rob Filth

I'm surprised (and a tad disappointed) Levine even bothered to sully himself watching it actually.

I must confess, I DID attempt to watch the first episode off some pirate stream site the other week(whilst looking for some Classic Who), I made it only as far up to about 5 minutes into Jodies performance before I just couldn't take it anymore - she really is fucking dreadful.

Watching a woman doing a bad David Tennant impersonation is just not my idea of entertainment - it was utterly unwatchable and completely unconvincing.

I couldn't even watch up to the bit where she dons her Rod, Jane and Freddy paedo-suit.

http://www.thefuckingobvious.com

720Series 11 - Page 29 Empty Re: Series 11 29th January 2019, 6:50 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Mott1 wrote:This is my concern. The RTD era (and Tennant's Doctor) is going to be even more established as some kind of golden era as & when Nurse Who fails, rather than the golden shower it actually was.

Like Bowelstrek, I think Levine is under the impression that the cracks only started appearing when Chibnall took over, or just a bit before.

721Series 11 - Page 29 Empty Re: Series 11 29th January 2019, 10:16 pm

Boofer

Boofer

We are the hipster elite. We hated it before it was cool to hate it.

All these fly-by-night charlatans with their huge toy collections and pithy comments! Where were they when the burping bin appeared, aliens farted, and Jackie Tyler made a jizz joke?

Fucking nowhere, that's where they were.

722Series 11 - Page 29 Empty Re: Series 11 29th January 2019, 10:24 pm

iank

iank

LOL These bloody Johnny Come Latelys.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

723Series 11 - Page 29 Empty Re: Series 11 29th January 2019, 11:17 pm

TheTimeTraveller

TheTimeTraveller

Boofer wrote:We are the hipster elite. We hated it before it was cool to hate it.

All these fly-by-night charlatans with their huge toy collections and pithy comments! Where were they when the burping bin appeared, aliens farted, and Jackie Tyler made a jizz joke?

Its been straws on a camel's back and a side effect of the young audience RTD successfully captured. They grew up with the 2005 series and didn't even realise that the part of it they loved the most was for the most part held over from the original series. As more and more of the agenda (and yes we now know there really WAS a homo / feminazi agenda all along) emerged, the audience began to melt away. But as with any Americanised fandom subculture, clingy people are slow to drop a favourite, even when its divergence from what they liked about it has caused cognitive dissonance.

Now we're at the 1945 in the bunker in Berlin stage of Doctor Who there will be an avalanche of "good Germans" turning on what was once their most favourite thing in the world.

More power to them, all allies welcome to put this piece of shit down like the mad dog it is.

724Series 11 - Page 29 Empty Re: Series 11 29th January 2019, 11:44 pm

UncleDeadly

UncleDeadly

TheTimeTraveller wrote:
Boofer wrote:We are the hipster elite. We hated it before it was cool to hate it.

Its been straws on a camel's back and a side effect of the young audience RTD successfully captured. They grew up with the 2005 series and didn't even realise that the part of it they loved the most was for the most part held over from the original series. As more and more of the agenda (and yes we now know there really WAS a homo / feminazi agenda all along) emerged, the audience began to melt away. But as with any Americanised fandom subculture, clingy people are slow to drop a favourite, even when its divergence from what they liked about it has caused cognitive dissonance.

Now we're at the 1945 in the bunker in Berlin stage of Doctor Who there will be an avalanche of "good Germans" turning on what was once their most favourite thing in the world.

More power to them, all allies welcome to put this piece of shit down like the mad dog it is.

What a fucking mess. Is it really SO hard to make a half decent science fiction adventure series?

725Series 11 - Page 29 Empty Re: Series 11 30th January 2019, 2:07 am

ClockworkOcean

Dick Tater

UncleDeadly wrote:What a fucking mess. Is it really SO hard to make a half decent science fiction adventure series?

Even setting aside the political bullshit, NuWho overall has been shockingly lazy and pedestrian. Fundamentally, there is no excuse for bad Doctor Who. It's a show about a man in a magic box capable of materialising anywhere in time and space. A premise that open should be a fucking godsend to any serious creative writer. If you can't do something imaginative with a show that can accommodate literally any kind of story, fuck off home and get a real job. How dare you call yourself a writer?

I've been revisiting a lot of '90s Star Trek recently, and it really puts into perspective how inexcusably lazy so much of NuWho is. There, the writing teams were largely confined to the same cast, same location, and same basic structure every single week, not to mention dealing with much more primitive special effects and being expected to produce at least twice as much of it per year, yet they still managed to consistently deliver a number of thoughtful, intelligent, well-written stories that puts just about every series of NuWho to shame. If they could keep finding interesting stuff to do with such a comparatively restrictive premise hundreds of episodes in, what possible excuse does NuWho have to be so pedestrian? It's a joke.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 29 of 42]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 35 ... 42  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum