Arthur Stengos
Jonzu77
43 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 24 ... 42  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 42]

126Series 11 - Page 6 Empty Re: Series 11 29th October 2018, 2:11 am

colinbakersdozen

colinbakersdozen

my review of "Rosa": Quantum Leap did it better 29 years ago.

and yeah, moffat is pretty much right. i thought for example, the new "lost in space" was a lot more impressive than anything i've seen in nuwho.

though really budget is a small part of the problem. i have been enjoying the relatively cheap cw sci-fi shows "the 100" and "legends of tomorrow" a lot more than nuwho.

127Series 11 - Page 6 Empty Re: Series 11 29th October 2018, 7:57 am

Mott1

Mott1

Just saw the end and 'next time' teaser(!) last night, by mistake. Complete with the Nu Who staple 'Doctor running down exploding corridor in slow motion' sequence. Jodie really is bad, isn't she?

And having had the white guilt episode about Rosa Parks there's the white guilt episode about the Punjab coming up to look forward to... oh the anticipation is unbearable!

128Series 11 - Page 6 Empty Re: Series 11 29th October 2018, 8:06 am

Zarius

Zarius

The episode last night was very middling. Can't say I can defend it that much. I've seen people call it a Green Death copy, only with Spiders and not Maggots. They're mutations caused by pollution underneath a hotel. It could have been a Fawlties Towers pastiche if it were made in the 80s by Cartmel and company.

Most of the episode is just a brash arrogant white man being lectured to by women of colour...though Ryan comes up with the solution that saves the day, so at least a man got his moment in this.

Bradley Walsh continues to steal the show, his mourning Grace in his now empty house was very stirring. He commands the attention of the audience, and he had the best reason out of all three companions to travel with The Doctor. "Grief takes time"

129Series 11 - Page 6 Empty Re: Series 11 29th October 2018, 11:11 am

TiberiusDidNothingWrong

TiberiusDidNothingWrong
Dick Tater

The Telegraph hasn't reviewed this one yet, odd. I enjoyed the 2/5 stars it gave to 'Rosa', amongst a canvas of political shitposting.

The Independent gave it 3/5.

I still haven't seen anything since the premiere, and I'm glad of it from what I have read.

This week it sounds like the usual Chibnall: shit writing with ideas ripped from the Classic series, a complete misunderstanding of the Doctor's character, loathsome political injects, and people being sad over death.

A character that served as an episode-long Trump joke. How very clever, Chibber - you only hear this shit incessantly nowadays, so why not? You were never known to be original.

Referencing the Telegraph 'recap' : https://www.telegraph.co.uk/tv/2018/10/28/doctor-arachnids-uk-series-11-episode-4-recap-pop-culture-poignancy/

Cue another of the Doctor’s seemingly weekly anti-gun speeches, while Robinson chuntered: “What’s wrong with this country? Why don’t you shoot things like civilised people?”

I sure covet what I'm missing here.
And great strawman there, one of the best I've seen. Of course, using effective weapons to defend yourself against genuine threats is completely immoral. The mark of a civilized nation is to be defenceless, and only primitive nations use firearms ... wait ...

Just when the Trump parallels were becoming clumsy, the script deftly dodged around them. “You’re only running because you’ve hated Trump for decades,” said Jade, to which Robertson pleaded: “Please don’t mention that name.”

I like how it admits to clumsiness, not sure I'd call that a 'deftly dodge' though.

Apparently, the show is sliding in a number of pop-culture references, too. I'm sure those will age very well.

Romp had a retro feel ... There was a distinctly Seventies atmosphere to this episode ...

Probably because it's a remake of the Green Death, with a little Planet of the Spiders? Maybe the source of the déjà vu is that you've actually seen it before?

--

Anyway, onto the dull-sounding 'The Tsuranga Conundrum'.

I'm starting to lose interest in even complaining about this series.

130Series 11 - Page 6 Empty Re: Series 11 29th October 2018, 4:48 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

For those of you that are interested in the IMDB scores:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7689200/?ref_=adv_li_tt

131Series 11 - Page 6 Empty Re: Series 11 29th October 2018, 10:20 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

Series 11 - Page 6 BBHmgoa

Series 11 - Page 6 Arachnids-In-The-UK-promo-pics-a-7

Series 11 - Page 6 0

I honestly don't think she can go 3 seconds without pulling a stupid face Big Grin

That seems to be her entire "acting" range.

132Series 11 - Page 6 Empty Re: Series 11 29th October 2018, 11:43 pm

Boofer

Boofer

This one looks like she's being banged up the arse from the other side of the room by a sous chef with a very long cock.

Series 11 - Page 6 Arachnids-In-The-UK-promo-pics-a-7

133Series 11 - Page 6 Empty Re: Series 11 29th October 2018, 11:47 pm

iank

iank

It looks like she's trying to do a Tennant. It was bad enough when he did it.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

134Series 11 - Page 6 Empty Re: Series 11 30th October 2018, 2:12 am

TheTimeTraveller

TheTimeTraveller

iank wrote:It looks like she's trying to do a Tennant. It was bad enough when he did it.

All jokes aside, it seems she is actually doing a "funny" turn, an impression of Tennant. But look at those dead eyes. Lifeless eyes like a doll's eyes...

135Series 11 - Page 6 Empty Re: Series 11 30th October 2018, 9:38 am

burrunjor

burrunjor

Looks like there is going to be a big lesbian storyline between Yaz and Jodie (Commander Maxil will be thrilled Big Grin )

Is Yaz In Love With The Doctor

Hilarious that they are actually going to have the first Muslim companion be involved in a gay relationship. They're not touching on the rampant, psychopathic homophobia in the Muslim community at all of course.

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying don't portray Muslims as anything other than rampant homophobes.

However once again Chibnall is the one who wants to use the show to tackle issues like homophobia, racism, sexism etc with his "daring" Rosa Parks episode, his incredibly brave Anti Trump and anti gun episodes,and stamping the LGBT flag onto the chest of the Doctor, and the feminist symbol onto the logo of the show.

Okay then surely if he does care, he'll want to tackle Muslim homophobia just as much?

Considering that over 50 percent of Muslims in the UK think homosexuality should be illegal, considering that in the overwhelming majority of Muslim dominated countries, homosexuality IS illegal, considering that the throw gays off of roofs, and torture them to death publicly in various Muslim countries, then I assume Chinballs will use this golden opportunity to really highlight what young, LGBT Muslims go through right?

I also assume Claudia Boleyn and Whovian Feminism will really want a story that touches on Yaz's relatives hating her relationship with the Doctor?

Oh no wait from what I've read, Yaz's mother is enthusiastic about her relationship with the Doctor, and Claudia Boleyn loves that.

This Gives Me Life

Ah who cares about these poofs being tortured to death. It only matters when its white people being bigots so anti white bigots like Claudia Boleyn and Whovian Feminism can spew their racist trash against them, and Chinballs can virtue signal about it because its trendy.

136Series 11 - Page 6 Empty Re: Series 11 30th October 2018, 9:51 am

iank

iank

I'm afraid I just don't GAF anymore. This tripe is not Who, and never will be. Who is dead and gone.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

137Series 11 - Page 6 Empty Re: Series 11 30th October 2018, 12:39 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

iank wrote:I'm afraid I just don't GAF anymore. This tripe is not Who, and never will be. Who is dead and gone.

Oh indeed I'm not even watching it anymore. Its sometimes fun to laugh at but its deeply annoying and sad that people like Chinballs and Mofftwat were able to decimate the life's work of some of the most talented writers and actors of the 20th century and got completely away with it!

And to think Colin Baker got fired, not these people!

138Series 11 - Page 6 Empty Re: Series 11 30th October 2018, 2:51 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

All-female Big Finish box set starring the likes of Ace, Leela, Jenny, Vastra and River Song coming next year:

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/doctor-who/news/a869555/doctor-who-river-song-vastra-jenny-big-finish/

139Series 11 - Page 6 Empty Re: Series 11 30th October 2018, 4:31 pm

Mott1

Mott1

140Series 11 - Page 6 Empty Re: Series 11 31st October 2018, 9:31 am

burrunjor

burrunjor

Commander Maxil wrote:All-female Big Finish box set starring the likes of Ace, Leela, Jenny, Vastra and River Song coming next year:

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/doctor-who/news/a869555/doctor-who-river-song-vastra-jenny-big-finish/

Called it.

Remember in your Big Finish thread Maxil? I did a spoof of their future releases.

The women who saved the universe

The Drahvins are preparing to destroy every universe, and so its up to Clara, and Me to gather a team of Bill/Heather, Lady Christina De Souza, Donna, Martha, Rose Tylah, Astrid, River Song and Missy to save every universe from destruction.

Special features not only include a 3 hour making of feature, but also a special interview with Christel Dee about how DW has always been a show about female empowerment.

I guess the Time Traveller was right that Big Finish is impossible to parody now.

Sell out shills every single last one of them.

141Series 11 - Page 6 Empty Re: Series 11 31st October 2018, 9:34 am

burrunjor

burrunjor

Paul Cornell's latest.

Paul Cornell Twitter Status

What is with these narcissistic cunts who have to have the Doctor represent them?

Mind you I can see why Cornell can relate to the Doctor. He lost his bollocks many decades ago, and he is a gormless moron too.

142Series 11 - Page 6 Empty Re: Series 11 31st October 2018, 10:28 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

burrunjor wrote:Paul Cornell's latest.

Paul Cornell Twitter Status

What is with these narcissistic cunts who have to have the Doctor represent them?

Mind you I can see why Cornell can relate to the Doctor. He lost his bollocks many decades ago, and he is a gormless moron too.

He really is a complete tosser. I feel so ashamed that I actually spent money on some of his books.

143Series 11 - Page 6 Empty Re: Series 11 31st October 2018, 10:48 am

TiberiusDidNothingWrong

TiberiusDidNothingWrong
Dick Tater

'Social awkwardness' is not, surprisingly enough, a birth trait - but a developmental deficiency triggered usually by bad parenting. Is this really something positive to encourage via role models? It's obviously a negative trait, and one that decreases people's quality of life ... but rather than teaching the next generation how to socialize, we teach them to mimic - via role models - social disability? And to be proud of it, rather than to try and improve?

It is perhaps unintentionally unfortunate that Doctor would suddenly and apparently suffer communications-related neurodegeneration upon taking the pink.

144Series 11 - Page 6 Empty Re: Series 11 31st October 2018, 11:02 am

Boofer

Boofer

You've no chance of making it or staying relevant as a writer unless you suck on the identitarian pussy.

Sad but true.

145Series 11 - Page 6 Empty Re: Series 11 2nd November 2018, 10:16 am

Zarius

Zarius

Mirror also now saying there won't be a christmas special this year, it'll be bumped up to New Year (likely so they can say 2019 had some new Who, given the rumours of a break until 2020)

https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/doctor-who-christmas-special-scrapped-13520717.amp

146Series 11 - Page 6 Empty Re: Series 11 2nd November 2018, 10:44 am

Boofer

Boofer

I think we should start a campaign for an all-trans BF boxset and then decry their disgusting lack of trans representation all over social media.

147Series 11 - Page 6 Empty Re: Series 11 2nd November 2018, 5:19 pm

TiberiusDidNothingWrong

TiberiusDidNothingWrong
Dick Tater

I'm not sure whether avoiding a Christmas episode would be a good move on their part. Yes, they're always a bit shit, but they're also the most popular episodes in so far as viewing figures. They keep the show relevant. Being that this series appears to be aiming for the lowest common denominator beyond the identity politics, you'd have thought a tacky Christmas episode would be a perfect fit? It's not like quality control is a factor here.

I wouldn't suggest that the Christmas episodes are necessarily a bad idea either. Twice Upon a Time had some really excellent ideas: Moffat just happened to fuck it up in the most extreme manner imaginable.

148Series 11 - Page 6 Empty Re: Series 11 3rd November 2018, 12:16 pm

Zarius

Zarius

Cast list and details for Demons Of The Punjabb

The demons of the title are called Almak and Kisar

http://cultbox.co.uk/news/doctor-who-demons-of-the-punjab-cast-list-demons-named

Jodie and the cast take a photo wearing ankle monitors

http://cultbox.co.uk/news/doctor-who-cast-photographed-on-location-with-ankle-monitors

149Series 11 - Page 6 Empty Re: Series 11 3rd November 2018, 2:45 pm

Mott1

Mott1

My God - even the relentlessly critical Private Eye has drunk the Kool Aid: calling Jodie "the most engaging Doctor since Tom Baker"! It also talks of how the Rosa Parks episode "powerfully dramatised the unacceptability of racism in a clear manner suitable for the impressionable young" who detractors should note are "the intended audience". It also says "the franchise has been effectively regenerated".

The article then goes on to state that Butterfly actress Anna Friel is "the best emotional actress on British TV since Julie Walters", so maybe they were having an off day.

150Series 11 - Page 6 Empty Re: Series 11 3rd November 2018, 3:47 pm

Zarius

Zarius

Tsuranga Conundrum advance review

“The Tsuranga Conundrum” is (rather aptly) a bit of a puzzling one: a base-under-siege episode on the surface, but with a threat too cute to be menacing. In other areas things gel better, with more of the solid character moments that you’ve come to expect from Chibnall by now.

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/the-tsuranga-conundrum-advance-review-puzzling-89141.htm

It's cold outside, there's no kind of atmosphere...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 42]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 24 ... 42  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum