Jonzu77
43 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 24 ... 42  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 42]

151Series 11 - Page 7 Empty Re: Series 11 4th November 2018, 8:10 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

That was extremely dull. Nothing about the series so far has even come close to resembling proper Doctor Who. It really is ridiculous how unimaginative the writing is at the moment. Paper thin characters basically run up and down corridors and spout mundane dialogue while Jodie makes the odd funny face and looks totally bewildered by everything she comes into contact with. There's also a creature that reminded me so much of those body fat aliens that appeared in one of the  Catherine Tate episodes. This is shite of the highest order.

152Series 11 - Page 7 Empty Re: Series 11 4th November 2018, 8:54 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

Commander Maxil wrote:That was extremely dull. Nothing about the series so far has even come close to resembling proper Doctor Who. It really is ridiculous how unimaginative the writing is at the moment. Paper thin characters basically run up and down corridors and spout mundane dialogue while Jodie makes the odd funny face and looks totally bewildered by everything she comes into contact with. There's also a creature that reminded me so much of those body fat aliens that appeared in one of the  Catherine Tate episodes. This is shite of the highest order.

Been looking at some of the reactions on Twitter. This was the monster.

Series 11 - Page 7 DrLv6tPWoAEsRSd

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

How has this show not been canned? I mean seriously? Its embarrassing at this point.

153Series 11 - Page 7 Empty Re: Series 11 4th November 2018, 8:58 pm

TiberiusDidNothingWrong

TiberiusDidNothingWrong
Dick Tater

The Independent proclaims that 'Jodie Whittaker definitely finds her feet' in this episode, for the fifth time, and gives it 3/5:

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/reviews/doctor-who-episode-5-review-the-tsuranga-conundrum-jodie-whittaker-bbc-a8614351.html

But when the baleful beast is finally unveiled, it’s the biggest Doctor Who letdown since the £5 haircut Christopher Eccleston modelled for his Time Lord debut.

First Capaldi, now we're slagging off Eccleston: I suppose to offset this as a criticism of the new series. When is Tennant getting his dues?

It’s a pity her most solid turn should come in an instalment that, with its joke-shop critter, feels like a Disney remaking of Alien

So, I'm guessing the episode is an Ark in Space remake? Is Chibnall capable of constructing an original work?

There will be better Doctor Who baddies – the good news is Whittaker is finally, definitively finding her feet as the Girl from Gallifrey.

So the only real positive remark is that you like Jodie? I'm getting a little déjà vu here ... isn't this the same thing that has been said about every episode thus far?

I might also stretch a hypothesis that this affection for Jodie's performance was decided well before Series 11 ever aired.

Otherwise, it sounds like another decidedly sub-standard episode.

Oh, and as for the pregnant man and the ... monster?

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/HPvfnOuz1tOgg" width="480" height="240" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/HPvfnOuz1tOgg"></a></p>

154Series 11 - Page 7 Empty Re: Series 11 4th November 2018, 9:10 pm

Boofer

Boofer

LOL LOL LOL LOL

This shit just gets funnier.

Series 11 - Page 7 Hasbro-gloworm-glo-worm-glow-bug_1_eea9158e4cd2c4c1a76f7ae2a30428a9

155Series 11 - Page 7 Empty Re: Series 11 4th November 2018, 9:15 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Next week:

Last edited by Commander Maxil on 4th November 2018, 9:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

156Series 11 - Page 7 Empty Re: Series 11 4th November 2018, 9:15 pm

Boofer

Boofer

Demons of the Punjab sounds like the aftermath of my Soho Rd curries back in the 90s.

157Series 11 - Page 7 Empty Re: Series 11 5th November 2018, 9:57 am

TiberiusDidNothingWrong

TiberiusDidNothingWrong
Dick Tater

Looking at the IMDb audience reviews and ratings, it seems that even the politically-harmonic have lost their faith:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7693260/reviews?ref_=tt_urv

Most are immediately throwing their 'it's not Jodie' card and complaining of bad writing.

The episode is standing at 6.0/10 - the lowest for any NuWho episode. The last one is 6.1/10, sitting with 'Fear Her'. There aren't even as many ratings, as though people can't even be arsed to bandwagon.

Just checked the Reddit - not something I have a habit of - and there is an inescapable cloud of depression. There's some division, but the outstanding disposition is of distaste.

Last edited by TiberiusDidNothingWrong on 5th November 2018, 12:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

158Series 11 - Page 7 Empty Re: Series 11 5th November 2018, 10:43 am

Zarius

Zarius

159Series 11 - Page 7 Empty Re: Series 11 5th November 2018, 1:00 pm

TiberiusDidNothingWrong

TiberiusDidNothingWrong
Dick Tater

There is a luscious Louvre of leeriness to be found in that subreddit, behold this thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/doctorwho/comments/9u4mt9/for_those_that_coated_off_moffet_and_couldnt_wait/

Of course, it involves placing Moffat on an undeserved pedestal, and a lot of their phrases are thoughtless - but it is delectable all besides.

The writing/dialogue leaves much to be desired

Jodie feels like a supporting character in her own show

Social/political messages are extremely unsubtle

This new series just doesn't have any punch. It all feels very underwhelming.

Can we get rid of Ryan and Yaz? They're just so bland.

Oh ... it's beautiful.

160Series 11 - Page 7 Empty Re: Series 11 5th November 2018, 5:19 pm

bryanbraddock

bryanbraddock

Even some of the diehard SJW's who love to argue in the comment sections of Bowlestrek's videos have seen the light. A few of the usual suspects have disappeared and one has even come around to Bowley's way of thinking. A youtuber called "Quiet Demon" who went on bizarre rants against anyone who was anti nuwho or anti Whittaker posted this after Sunday's episode:

"Never thought I would say it but mr trek you are correct I finally understand what you’ve all been saying thanks for helping me realise how mediocre Doctor Who has become"

161Series 11 - Page 7 Empty Re: Series 11 5th November 2018, 9:40 pm

iank

iank

LOL
The ratings are still fine though. More of this bullshit to come...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

162Series 11 - Page 7 Empty Re: Series 11 5th November 2018, 10:51 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

163Series 11 - Page 7 Empty Re: Series 11 6th November 2018, 12:39 am

TheTimeTraveller

TheTimeTraveller

TiberiusDidNothingWrong wrote:Looking at the IMDb audience reviews and ratings, it seems that even the politically-harmonic have lost their faith:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7693260/reviews?ref_=tt_urv

Most are immediately throwing their 'it's not Jodie' card and complaining of bad writing.

The episode is standing at 6.0/10 - the lowest for any NuWho episode. The last one is 6.1/10, sitting with 'Fear Her'. There aren't even as many ratings, as though people can't even be arsed to bandwagon.

Just checked the Reddit - not something I have a habit of - and there is an inescapable cloud of depression. There's some division, but the outstanding disposition is of distaste.

Thank you very much for pointing out imdb. I think it's a much more accurate reflection of this show's popularity. You can sense the unease on gallifrey base, despite the obligatory "blooming marvellous" "bloody good" "amazing" "fantastic" and so on and all the 10/10 votes. Imdb is telling the truth.

The relatively high viewing figures are suspect in my opinion but accepting that they are definitely higher than the dire end of Capaldi's era, we will still see quite a rapid decline. This is Star Trek Discovery UK style.

165Series 11 - Page 7 Empty Re: Series 11 6th November 2018, 7:49 am

TheTimeTraveller

TheTimeTraveller

The Sun can smell blood. Interesting that although it uses appropriate criticism it also tiptoes around how "inclusive" the female spinoff show is.

But the comments sum it all up perfectly.

166Series 11 - Page 7 Empty Re: Series 11 6th November 2018, 9:41 am

Zarius

Zarius

Commander Maxil wrote:Episode 7 is called "Kerblam"

Reminds me of a Nick cartoon...the one that showed Action League  Now! LOL

167Series 11 - Page 7 Empty Re: Series 11 6th November 2018, 11:54 am

Zarius

Zarius

Children In Need details

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/news/a869625/children-in-need-2018-line-up-doctor-who-strictly-come-dancing-little-mix/

So no specially filmed mini-episode as was rumoured, just Jodie interacting with fans. Also, while the line-up makes mention of a preview for the Call the Midwife Christmas special, there is no mention of one for Who, which pretty much confirms officially no Christmas special.

168Series 11 - Page 7 Empty Re: Series 11 6th November 2018, 2:19 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

169Series 11 - Page 7 Empty Re: Series 11 6th November 2018, 2:28 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

Series 11 - Page 7 NINTCHDBPICT000447114228

I swear she really can't go three seconds without pulling a stupid face.

170Series 11 - Page 7 Empty Re: Series 11 6th November 2018, 3:04 pm

Zarius

Zarius

burrunjor wrote:Series 11 - Page 7 NINTCHDBPICT000447114228

I swear she really can't go three seconds without pulling a stupid face.

I see she's drank an Esta Ranson LOL

"And on tonight's Doctor Who, an interesting carving that reads Penis"

171Series 11 - Page 7 Empty Re: Series 11 6th November 2018, 3:43 pm

Boofer

Boofer

I blame McCoy for starting all the gurning.

172Series 11 - Page 7 Empty Re: Series 11 6th November 2018, 5:55 pm

Zarius

Zarius

173Series 11 - Page 7 Empty Re: Series 11 6th November 2018, 6:10 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Boofer wrote:I blame McCoy for starting all the gurning.

I blame Anneke Wills LOL

https://giphy.com/gifs/doctor-who-polly-wright-anneke-wills-12eGAu3nKuVZio

174Series 11 - Page 7 Empty Re: Series 11 6th November 2018, 6:31 pm

Zarius

Zarius

The Beeb shifting the time slot again to make way for Attenborough's documentary. Episode Seven airs at 6:30 PM

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2018-11-06/doctor-who-moves-to-earliest-timeslot-yet-to-make-room-for-david-attenborough-documentary/

175Series 11 - Page 7 Empty Re: Series 11 6th November 2018, 7:25 pm

Boofer

Boofer

Commander Maxil wrote:
Boofer wrote:I blame McCoy for starting all the gurning.

I blame Anneke Wills  LOL

https://giphy.com/gifs/doctor-who-polly-wright-anneke-wills-12eGAu3nKuVZio

Series 11 - Page 7 Giphy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 42]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 24 ... 42  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum