Genkimonk
Defeatment
32 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 28 of 40]

676Series 11 - Page 28 Empty Re: Series 11 18th September 2018, 7:29 pm

DeadManRising

DeadManRising

Jesus christ, that promotional pic... Sensory overload much?

"Let's just clutter the image with a shit ton of random bullcrap and pray that the little kids will be attracted to all the shiny colors."

Sometimes less is more, people.

677Series 11 - Page 28 Empty Re: Series 11 18th September 2018, 9:15 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

They just don't know when to shut their traps do they.

Here some quotes in the New York Times from Bubble from Ab Fab.

“I’m in Peter’s costume. I’m literally in his shoes. If someone is devastated at the loss of him, that’s brilliant, because it just means the show is loved. If the fact that I’m a woman is an issue, that’s their issue. I can’t even begin to debate that

I know I got the role on the merits,” Ms. Whittaker said more sternly. “I didn’t get handed it. I don’t play a gender.”

Ooooh touched a nerved there. Does she actually think that ANYONE would think she got this role on merit? Anymore than they thought Michelle Gomez got the role of the Master on merit and not because Moffat was a spineless worm who sold the franchise out, and cast his friend?

Here are some quotes from Bubble's co-star, Mandip Gill.

Mandip Gill, who joins the show this season as Yasmin Khan, a young companion to the Doctor, said she also assumed that a role on “Doctor Who” was an unattainable goal.

Being a woman of South Asian ancestry, she said, “I never really thought it was open to me.”

Even when she was told that producers specifically wanted a South Asian actor who spoke with a Northern British accent, Ms. Gill said she was skeptical. “Have they heard me?” she said, playing up her Leeds dialect. “They don’t want me in a Marvel film with my accent, let’s be honest.”

WOW she managed to insult Doctor Who's fandom, its previous production teams by making out they'd never cast an Asian actress, and admit that she was hired BECAUSE she was Asian at the same time. Genius marketing  LOL  LOL  LOL  LOL  LOL  LOL  LOL  LOL

Did the self loathing fanboy cucks who defend this drivel ever actually like Doctor Who?

678Series 11 - Page 28 Empty Re: Series 11 18th September 2018, 9:23 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Some comments I found on an article:
"There’s never been any reason why the Doctor couldn’t be a woman that I’ve ever heard. There’s never been any statement made that the people of Gallifrey are stuck in any gender when they regenerate, and it’s already happened with the character of the Master/Missy during Capaldi’s rein. Also, alien and fictional. So, suck it, fanboys."

"She’s so great, and from the promos she looks like she’ll be a fun Doctor Who. It is daft the people whining about how the Doctor should always be a man - the Doctor is a space shifting alien for goodness sake."

They have absolutely no understanding of the character or the show itself.

679Series 11 - Page 28 Empty Re: Series 11 18th September 2018, 9:57 pm

iank

iank

Wow. The arrogance, the narcissism, the complete disrespect for the character and the fans.
Fuck them all.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

680Series 11 - Page 28 Empty Re: Series 11 18th September 2018, 11:12 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/09/18/jodie-whittaker-doctor-new-series-goes-back-basics-first-time/

"Doctor Who is returning to simple storylines that children and newcomers can understand, Jodie Whittaker has said, after convoluted plotting led to a ratings decline"

"Asked if her casting could pave the way for a female James Bond, Whittaker laughed: "I bloody well hope so! If this isn't the start of something becoming more normal- to see women leading shows- then it's really depressing."

She went on to say: "I just think now is the time to show children, boys and girls, that your role models and your heroes on screen don't all look the same"

681Series 11 - Page 28 Empty Re: Series 11 18th September 2018, 11:27 pm

iank

iank

Brain dead. Just utter, parroting nonsense.

682Series 11 - Page 28 Empty Re: Series 11 19th September 2018, 4:02 am

shan164

I think at this point, enough talk. Just bring on the show and let it speak for itself with what's on screen.

683Series 11 - Page 28 Empty Re: Series 11 19th September 2018, 10:57 am

burrunjor

burrunjor

"I bloody well hope so! If this isn't the start of something becoming more normal- to see women leading shows- then it's really depressing."

UGH again with this argument. Why don't other leading lady's get pissed at Bubble completely dissing them like this? I've just finished 6 seasons of, Once Upon A Time, a show starring women, which shits all over New Who, even at its best.

684Series 11 - Page 28 Empty Re: Series 11 19th September 2018, 3:07 pm

Zarius

Zarius

Series 11 opens "differently", possibly no titles or theme music until episode two

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/doctor-who/news/a866546/doctor-who-series-11-episode-1-new-titles-theme-music-jodie-whittaker/

685Series 11 - Page 28 Empty Re: Series 11 19th September 2018, 4:34 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Sorry but it ain't Doctor Who without the theme music. They're attempting to do too many things to the point where it no longer sounds like it will have any resemblance to Doctor Who. I can tell my Sunday nights from October 7th aren't going to be too enjoyable.

686Series 11 - Page 28 Empty Re: Series 11 19th September 2018, 4:56 pm

DeadManRising

DeadManRising

Very baffling decision if this is true.

People are naturally going to be very curious to see what the new intro sequence is like, and it's imperative that they make a good first impression when Series 11 premieres.

I really don't see how making viewers wait a whole extra week to see the new intro is going to achieve that.

687Series 11 - Page 28 Empty Re: Series 11 19th September 2018, 5:42 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

A little taste of Akinola's style:

https://soundcloud.com/segunakinola

688Series 11 - Page 28 Empty Re: Series 11 19th September 2018, 6:55 pm

tardis

tardis

They already tried the no titles/no music bit with “Sleep No More” it was stupid and disappointing. I really wish they’d stop acting like all if these things sre new and haven’t been tried before.

689Series 11 - Page 28 Empty Re: Series 11 19th September 2018, 7:16 pm

Zarius

Zarius

From Doctor Who Magazine:

-Chibnall says their main priority is achieving ratings on Live+7 and Live+28 formats, not direct live overnights. He admits he doesn't normally watch television live.

-The Vortex Manipulator is definitely in it, or at least gets mentioned a lot by Jodie.

-Chibnall will ground the show in a relatable reality

690Series 11 - Page 28 Empty Re: Series 11 19th September 2018, 7:45 pm

TiberiusDidNothingWrong

TiberiusDidNothingWrong
Dick Tater

Zarius wrote:From Doctor Who Magazine:

-Chibnall will ground the show in a relatable reality

Meaning the show will take place in cloud cuck-oo land wherein poor women and 'minorities' are being pushed around by straw white men. The 'reality' of basement-dwelling tumblr and reddit users and cotton-blanket BBC folk whose idea of trauma is a one-in-a-thousand tweet mentioning the unpalatability of their appearance. Then the forged history: of the demonic genotype of the white race and the eternal malevolence of the cockéd ones – giving the likes of Chibnall their best chance of a stiffy outside of actual self-flagellation.

691Series 11 - Page 28 Empty Re: Series 11 19th September 2018, 8:33 pm

Chibnall's Cheerleader

Steven Moffat's mother-in-law has come out in support of a gender-swapped Doctor.

Personally, I think it's just Beryl Vertue signalling.

692Series 11 - Page 28 Empty Re: Series 11 19th September 2018, 9:43 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Jodie Whittaker says the show will "shift" its point of view:

www.digitalspy.com/tv/doctor-who/news/a866277/doctor-who-series-11-ensemble/

693Series 11 - Page 28 Empty Re: Series 11 19th September 2018, 10:25 pm

iank

iank

I'm sorry, I just... don't care. Maybe it's time to step back from fandom too. Honestly I just... don't care anymore.

694Series 11 - Page 28 Empty Re: Series 11 19th September 2018, 10:48 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

iank wrote:I'm sorry, I just... don't care. Maybe it's time to step back from fandom too. Honestly I just... don't care anymore.

Well stick around here. I understand that its annoying, but its fun to laugh at. Seeing William Hartnell as a lesbian icon is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen LOL

Also we talk about other shit here too. IMO this is a point where true fans need to band together as an alternative for people who are sick of the Claudia Boleyn's and Whovian Feminism's.

695Series 11 - Page 28 Empty Re: Series 11 19th September 2018, 11:41 pm

iank

iank

In other news, we're all apparently supposed to be impressed that Pisstaker watched Twice Upon a Turd at Xmas.

I've no doubt she believes the First Doctor really was sexist too.

Fuck me. Just... fuck this shit.

696Series 11 - Page 28 Empty Re: Series 11 20th September 2018, 8:31 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

697Series 11 - Page 28 Empty Re: Series 11 20th September 2018, 11:06 am

shan164

Well, I know not everyone watches everything they're in but I'd be kind of surprised if Jodie Whittaker hadn't seen Twice Upon a Time given she's in it and at a climactic and historical moment for the show, too.

As for watching it on Christmas Day specifically, well like I said, historical moment where TV's concerned, a new Doctor and all that. Especially when you're it.

698Series 11 - Page 28 Empty Re: Series 11 20th September 2018, 1:05 pm

DeadManRising

DeadManRising

Maxil McCoy wrote:Shittaker replies to "sexist" tweets:

https://ew.com/tv/2018/09/19/doctor-who-jodie-whittaker-negative-tweets/

These types of videos are always exactly the same: Cherry pick the dumbest, most over the top comments you can possibly find and pretend that they're representative of the anti female Doctor crew as a whole.

I'd like to see a video where Jodie replies to some of the more reasonable points... like how Time Lord regeneration being an instant sex change operation was NEVER a thing in Classic Who.

I'd love to see Jodie try and explain that one away.

699Series 11 - Page 28 Empty Re: Series 11 20th September 2018, 1:23 pm

Zarius

Zarius

Trailer

700Series 11 - Page 28 Empty Re: Series 11 20th September 2018, 1:26 pm

shan164

Regeneration was never a thing in Classic Doctor Who until it was, Time Lords per se were not a thing until they were, Doctor Who has been an ongoing game of improv for several decades now. There's no absolute rule about who or even what the Doctor can regenerate into each time and even if there was, there's nothing to stop people one day changing it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 28 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum