Genkimonk
Defeatment
32 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 24 of 40]

576Series 11 - Page 24 Empty Re: Series 11 4th September 2018, 1:24 pm

Mott1

Mott1

Great impartial interview about the 'modest, hardworking' actress. Even the interview hints at double standards, complaining at wages being so high when she was on 66k an episode. Also: George Clooney - check. Harvey Weinstein - check.

Let her (River Song) come back, I say. And the Simm Master, and Missy Poppins, and Bill 'I'm a lesbian you know' Potts and all the other daft characters. So if the whole thing goes belly-up they'll know there's no-one to blame but themselves for putting so many obnoxious elements into the show.

577Series 11 - Page 24 Empty Re: Series 11 4th September 2018, 5:44 pm

Zarius

Zarius

This airdate continues to be some kind of a galactic yo yo

http://cultbox.co.uk/news/doctor-who-series-11-itunes-germany-posted-october-7-air-date

578Series 11 - Page 24 Empty Re: Series 11 4th September 2018, 7:41 pm

Zarius

Zarius

Series 11 - Page 24 2ffa40k80001000

579Series 11 - Page 24 Empty Re: Series 11 4th September 2018, 9:52 pm

Zarius

Zarius

BBC nailed Cultbox with a cease and desist...Sunday October 7th it is then!

https://twitter.com/CultBoxTV/status/1037049200352153600

580Series 11 - Page 24 Empty Re: Series 11 4th September 2018, 10:06 pm

iank

iank

Can't they just do what the BBC do best and accidentally lose all the episodes?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

581Series 11 - Page 24 Empty Re: Series 11 5th September 2018, 12:07 am

shan164

iank wrote:Can't they just do what the BBC do best and accidentally lose all the episodes?

No, the reason we have so many surviving episodes from the first three Doctors is because they couldn't do that right either (thank goodness).

582Series 11 - Page 24 Empty Re: Series 11 5th September 2018, 8:16 am

Mott1

Mott1

At least they've stopped doing that with new shows. I feel so happy that, having lost much of classic Who and Peter Cook & Dudley Moore's best work, they've made sure all of Nu Who and Mrs Brown's Boys survives.

583Series 11 - Page 24 Empty Re: Series 11 5th September 2018, 8:25 am

shan164

ITV managed not to lose any episodes of Coronation Street, though. They even managed to find one they didn't know they'd made, once.

584Series 11 - Page 24 Empty Re: Series 11 5th September 2018, 1:29 pm

Zarius

Zarius

Airdate confirmed (October 7th), as well as the title of episode one: ("The Woman Who Fell to Earth")

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/doctorwho/entries/a0f9fe6c-8981-4cfb-a1f1-7165bae27370

585Series 11 - Page 24 Empty Re: Series 11 5th September 2018, 2:35 pm

shan164

Zarius wrote:Airdate confirmed (October 7th), as well as the title of episode one: ("The Woman Who Fell to Earth")

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/doctorwho/entries/a0f9fe6c-8981-4cfb-a1f1-7165bae27370

I'd like to believe that title was my idea.

However, probably a coincidence as it seemed like such a logical choice for a title that I could see lots of people coming to the same conclusion.

(Went back to my Gallifrey Base posting history and my account for the first time since June 2nd to get a copy of the post for minor bragging rights and it - along with all subsequent references back to it seem to have vanished from my posting history. I'll see if it can still be found but that's very odd).

586Series 11 - Page 24 Empty Re: Series 11 5th September 2018, 3:04 pm

shan164

Looks like there was less likely a conspiracy than the profile function only displays your last 300 posts or something like that, I think? Anyway, someone very nicely found me indirect efforts of my most minor claim to fame at least.

Series 11 - Page 24 A9vtMrH

587Series 11 - Page 24 Empty Re: Series 11 5th September 2018, 6:08 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

I'm washing my hair that night. Sorry.

Knowing me I probably will end up watching it. I'll give it 5 episodes and see if there's anything that appeals to me. Maybe I'll like one of the companions or the Cybermen might return. I just don't want to be bored senseless like I have been since series 8.

588Series 11 - Page 24 Empty Re: Series 11 5th September 2018, 8:10 pm

shan164

I had been planning to sit the series out after Peter Capaldi (liked Peter, just TV fatigue in general). Then Jodie was announced (had never heard of her before at all), flipped back to watching it, over time just gotten fed up of watching any TV at all (I think the last episode of anything I saw might have been Legion Season 2, episode 3 and it was very good - I just didn't want to keep going at that time because TV generally, I'm worn out with) - so I wasn't going to watch it and save up the whole season for later (what I did with the last two seasons of Orphan Black - worked better for me that way).

Now ... there's a chance I might watch Episode 1 (and just that episode) because by chance I guessed the title well in advance and then save the rest for later.

I know, I know. Pick a theme and stick with it.

589Series 11 - Page 24 Empty Re: Series 11 6th September 2018, 11:44 pm

Chibnall's Cheerleader

Hi everyone,

Just joined and wanted to say that Chris is such a brilliant and bonkers writer, I think it would be amazing to see what he'd do if he brought back the stuffy old UNIT family from the seventies.

I think he'd modernise it to reflect the fact that the old idea of family is outdated and, in NuWho, people can regenerate into anything.

So the Brigadier is now an undead Cybusman,  Mike Yates is played by a wine lodge and Sgt. Benton's name is retconned to Sgt. Bentonite so he can be portrayed by a 25kg bag of cat litter.

I hope you like my idea.

PS. I am not a member of the incoming production team even if it seems like I have an inside track.

590Series 11 - Page 24 Empty Re: Series 11 7th September 2018, 12:08 am

iank

iank

Big Grin Welcome!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

591Series 11 - Page 24 Empty Re: Series 11 7th September 2018, 2:25 am

shan164

"Mike Yates is played by a wine lodge"

They just stole this from The Bed Setting Room, didn't they?

592Series 11 - Page 24 Empty Re: Series 11 7th September 2018, 10:15 am

burrunjor

burrunjor

Chibnall's Cheerleader wrote:Hi everyone,

Just joined and wanted to say that Chris is such a brilliant and bonkers writer, I think it would be amazing to see what he'd do if he brought back the stuffy old UNIT family from the seventies.

I think he'd modernise it to reflect the fact that the old idea of family is outdated and, in NuWho, people can regenerate into anything.

So the Brigadier is now an undead Cybusman,  Mike Yates is played by a wine lodge and Sgt. Benton's name is retconned to Sgt. Bentonite so he can be portrayed by a 25kg bag of cat litter.

I hope you like my idea.

PS. I am not a member of the incoming production team even if it seems like I have an inside track.

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

None of that is worse than the Master being a horny Disney character though.

Its really hard to top that if you want to parody Nu Poo. Sad

593Series 11 - Page 24 Empty Re: Series 11 7th September 2018, 5:19 pm

Zarius

Zarius

594Series 11 - Page 24 Empty Re: Series 11 7th September 2018, 5:23 pm

Chibnall's Cheerleader

I hope Jodie continues to play the Doctor as Bubble.

It would make a great story if she met the first female Doctor, Joanna Lumley,  maybe alongside Julia Sawalha's Emma, both from Curse of the Fatal Death.

And if Alex Kingston's River Song returned with her famous catchphrase and June Whitfield's barmy pensioner Minnie Hooper from The End of Time was brought back too, well, that would be...

Series 11 - Page 24 Abfab11

595Series 11 - Page 24 Empty Re: Series 11 7th September 2018, 5:41 pm

DeadManRising

DeadManRising

What the fuck is that music? Who in the right mind thought something like that would be appropriate for a Doctor Who trailer?

It sounds like something you'd hear in a fucking X Factor montage. LOL LOL LOL

596Series 11 - Page 24 Empty Re: Series 11 7th September 2018, 6:31 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

Chibnall's Cheerleader wrote:I hope Jodie continues to play the Doctor as Bubble.

It would make a great story if she met the first female Doctor, Joanna Lumley,  maybe alongside Julia Sawalha's Emma, both from Curse of the Fatal Death.

And if Alex Kingston's River Song returned with her famous catchphrase and June Whitfield's barmy pensioner Minnie Hooper from The End of Time was brought back too, well, that would be...

Series 11 - Page 24 Abfab11

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

PS even when she's deliberately trying not to be, Joanna Lumley still looks pretty sexy.

597Series 11 - Page 24 Empty Re: Series 11 7th September 2018, 6:33 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

Also subtle having her literally smash a glass ceiling. God these people are pathetic. Don't worry I'm not going to repeat my list of other more notable female heroes. You're all sick of it by now, and so I am! Still you wouldn't think I'd have to keep repeating it, but they keep promoting this shit as something ground breaking for women.

Yeah ladies this is a milestone for you being able to play a dickless William Hartnell! Actually it isn't. Peter Capaldi already played that from 2014 on.

598Series 11 - Page 24 Empty Re: Series 11 7th September 2018, 7:28 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Jodie running down a corrider with a bunch of Daleks behind her would have been more exciting. That logo is still shit.

599Series 11 - Page 24 Empty Re: Series 11 7th September 2018, 7:42 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

I've always liked this trailer. With the exception of that Dolores Gray scene I think it's pretty neat. Certainly fills me with more excitement than any of the Series 11 trailers I've seen.

600Series 11 - Page 24 Empty Re: Series 11 7th September 2018, 9:53 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

Not the only one to notice the not so subtle class ceiling bit.

Whovian Feminism status

Bi As Hope

13's Unapologetic Whoops Is Me Every Time A Man Gets Offended By Feminism

And here was me thinking the show had been taken over by an SJW agenda. What a conspiracy nut I was. A female Doctor in an LGBT flag smashing a glass ceiling, who is in a lesbian relationship with the Master, and has a wife, not that there's anything wrong with that of course in real life, its just this is the Doctor we're talking about. And I DID criticise giving him a wife when he was a man. Now its even more ridiculous. William Hartnell is a lesbian. LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

A satirist taking the piss couldn't have done a better job.

Also I'll say it again Claudia, Whovian Feminism if you are reading this, WHAT GLASS CEILING IS SHE BREAKING!

Being a female hero? Nope. Being an LGBT hero? Nope. Being a female, LGBT hero? Nope.

Not that Claudia or Whovian Feminism have ever watched any of these. I wouldn't expect people whose entire career is saying they want to see things starring female heroes to actualy you know WATCH something starring a female hero, and not just bitch about things starring male heroes until they either emasculate the male hero (Luke Skywalker, Doctors 9-12) or replace him with a woman. Apparently that makes me a disgusting, lowlife, sexist piece of scum according to some soyboy fans on other forums and that cuck Doctor Who Clips?

Still what glass ceiling is Jodie breaking? Funny how whenever I ask this of feminists like Claudia Boleyn and Whovian Feminism I get blocked (so much for owning men who complain about feminism eh Claudia?) And people wonder why I say this is about taking a role model away from young boys more than anything else.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 24 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum