You are not connected. Please login or register

Which of these series was the biggest comedown for you and did you think it would get as bad as this.

+2
Mott1
REDACTED
6 posters

Most crushing

Which of these series was the biggest comedown for you and did you think it would get as bad as this. I_vote_lcap22%Which of these series was the biggest comedown for you and did you think it would get as bad as this. I_vote_rcap 22% [ 2 ]
Which of these series was the biggest comedown for you and did you think it would get as bad as this. I_vote_lcap11%Which of these series was the biggest comedown for you and did you think it would get as bad as this. I_vote_rcap 11% [ 1 ]
Which of these series was the biggest comedown for you and did you think it would get as bad as this. I_vote_lcap67%Which of these series was the biggest comedown for you and did you think it would get as bad as this. I_vote_rcap 67% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 9

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

REDACTED

Which of these series prior to the current era proved to be the most crushing viewing wise and even in those darkest moments, did you think it would get as bad as this?

Mott1

Mott1

Season 8 was pretty rotten - particularly its finale - but 9 in particular was worse. 6 was wobbling but had its moments. 2, like 8, was just the beginning of the slide to absolute zero.

iank

iank

6 is an odd one to put in there. The arc falls apart but it's still largely watchable and has the best modern TARDIS crew by light years. 7 was the point the Smith era really went downhill.
2 was a huge letdown at the time, and has aged awfully. But the winner of these three has to be 8, which was the point I stopped watching for two years and presaged the final fall of my axe in 2017...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

Fendelman

Fendelman

Of those I'd have to say 8, but it was really 1.

I really only watched 1, 5, and 8 when they came out. The others I just watched through quickly, and only once.

I went through the process of deciding that New Who was not Doctor Who when I watched series 1. Because I gave up on the possibility of New Who being real Who during series 1, that's the one that I really had the biggest negative reaction to, during the others I was already somewhat detached from it.

I gave it a second chance during series 5 and that's probably the closest I ever got to accepting the new series as Doctor Who (at the time I was willing to accept series 5 as Doctor Who as long as I ignored 1-4). But I really wasn't that upset or surprised when it started to get worse again at the end of 5 and during 6.

I was a bit excited before series 8, but I was quickly disappointed - but because this had happened before, it really didn't seem like that big of a deal. Series 8 did have a few decent stories like the train one and the 2D one, but when it was bad, it was so bad. I never really went back to watching it after 8. I've watched Twice Upon a Turd just to see how bad it was, and some clips of series 12 (for the same reason), but that's it.

Now the only reason I pay attention to it is because I like to laugh at how ridiculously bad it has become. I don't at all connect NuWho to Doctor Who at all anymore. I figure I'll wait until years from now long after it's been cancelled and then rewatch series 5 when I can do it in such a way that I can separate it from this current shit, and then see if it holds up or not.

The Brigade Leader

The Brigade Leader

Series 2 was when I realized that no matter who played the Doctor or who wrote the scripts nuwho was only ever going to be a cheap knockoff of the real show.

That was the series with Rose & The Doctor's romance in full smug gush, and utterly dreadful stories like Love And Monsters, Fear Her, The Idiot's Lantern, New Earth...

It was also the series that showed that to RTD and Co absolutely nothing was sacred when they clumsily changed Sarah Jane and the Doctor's relationship from platonic best friends to one of unrequited love that left SJS a broken-hearted spinster.

I really should have switched off at that point but fool that I am I trudged on with the show for another ELEVEN years Sad

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

It's difficult.

I *was* excited for Series 2.

I was even excited during it, hoping it would build on the best elements of Series 1 and discard more and more of the crap. It was curious where it was all going and what kind of Doctor Tennant was.

Until The Idiot's Lantern happened. I remember being left not caring as much after. And after Love & Monsters I just started to hate the show more and more, and the annoyances I'd ignored till then had just snowballed.

___

Series 6, I dunno. This one was more shocking and devastating for me.

I was finding it a challenge to keep up with the season but I did want to get behind it. And I tried to believe Moffat knew what he was doing.

Then Let's Kill Hitler happened and it was just a complete nightmare from start to finish. After that I just struggled to care anymore. The show now felt soulless in a way even RTD's worst never did.

___

Series 8,

I think in the end Death in Heaven was worse than Let's Kill Hitler. Whilst that one left me struggling to care, *this* one made me embarrassed that I ever had.

Of course on balance I think Series 6 was the worst *comedown* of the three.

Series 2 was a snowballing of stuff I'd already not liked about Series 1. Series 8 was a point where I was still just about rebuilding my enthusiasm.

But Series 6 really was the biggest fall from highest hopes to 'what the fuck happened!?'.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum