Biggest NuWho defender here?

+4
RussellIsLord
Doctor7
SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe
Bernard Marx
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Biggest NuWho defender here? Empty Biggest NuWho defender here? 9th November 2019, 6:01 pm

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

As a companion piece to burrunjor’s “Biggest NuWho hater here” thread, who are the biggest advocates for NuWho on this forum? Or, to put it in another way, which members are more forgiving towards NuWho?

2Biggest NuWho defender here? Empty Re: Biggest NuWho defender here? 9th November 2019, 6:12 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

I suppose it's me in that I've at least tried to be forgiving.

Hell, I'm the only one here who seems to like Rings of Akhaten.

But I do think in general I'm always cautious and hesitant when it comes to rubbishing or grumbling about the newest episodes, because I've been burnt for that before.

A horrible part of me suspects I'm only forgiving because of long-term exposure to the worst sycophants and the party line. I was for the longest time part of a forum that was dominated by that, and they were so vicious and personal, and I was very young and sensitive and feeling very lost.

They seemed to know my weak spots and just how to gaslight me into genuinely believing them when they tell me I'm at fault for not re-aligning my expectations nor turning off my brain and critical faculties. They had me believing some of their cultish mantras in my head for years and I think it's taken me many years to dismantle that.

3Biggest NuWho defender here? Empty Re: Biggest NuWho defender here? 9th November 2019, 6:24 pm

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

I don't know, I guess that I'm the biggest NewWho defender here. I still have a nostalgic fondness towards the Tennant era, despite its major issues. And I've actually being enjoying the Smith era more and more in recent times.

4Biggest NuWho defender here? Empty Re: Biggest NuWho defender here? 9th November 2019, 6:38 pm

Doctor7

I do like Matt smith a lot how he was very kind towards tom baker on the set of day of the doctor

5Biggest NuWho defender here? Empty Re: Biggest NuWho defender here? 9th November 2019, 8:39 pm

Zarius

Zarius

I was a big fan of it for it's first five years,  I didn't have the maturity at the time to deal with criticism of my favourite show, so I was a dick towards the people who didn't like it. I loosened up a bit eventually.

Series six is when it started to lose me, I can still pick out highlights from every series in spite of that though, and I'll always be one of the first here to share updates on what the show is up to.

6Biggest NuWho defender here? Empty Re: Biggest NuWho defender here? 24th December 2019, 6:43 pm

RussellIsLord

RussellIsLord

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe wrote:I don't know, I guess that I'm the biggest NewWho defender here..

Hold my beer.

7Biggest NuWho defender here? Empty Re: Biggest NuWho defender here? 24th December 2019, 8:43 pm

Zarius

Zarius

Rani wrote:
SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe wrote:I don't know, I guess that I'm the biggest NewWho defender here..

Hold my beer.

Good to see you Rani Big Grin

8Biggest NuWho defender here? Empty Re: Biggest NuWho defender here? 24th December 2019, 8:49 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Well if it is the real Rani, it's good to have him back.

I'm thinking it's likely a parody account though.

9Biggest NuWho defender here? Empty Re: Biggest NuWho defender here? 24th December 2019, 9:10 pm

iank

iank

Yes, that was my thought actually...It's hard to tell these days!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

10Biggest NuWho defender here? Empty Re: Biggest NuWho defender here? 31st December 2019, 1:51 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Wasn't Rani a parody account to begin with?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum