Ludders
Bernard Marx
iank
ClockworkOcean
REDACTED
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Biggest New Who hater here? Empty Biggest New Who hater here? 9th November 2019, 9:37 am

burrunjor

burrunjor

Who do you think hates New Who the most out of everyone here?

I'm going to say its Genki Monk. Bernard Marx and Clockwork might be a close second, but I find Monk's to be the most personal Big Grin

2Biggest New Who hater here? Empty Re: Biggest New Who hater here? 9th November 2019, 9:56 am

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

I wouldn’t say it’s me. I take pride in dissecting why so much of it serves as an obvious betrayal of the original series, how it prides itself on its popularist and anti-intellectual qualities, and especially how, in light of series 11, the whole thing can be interpreted as an unfunny farce created by a large number of spoilt and frankly dislikable egotists who also pride themselves on their supposed superiority to those who took part in the creation of the classic series, but I don’t loathe all of it. I have a biased soft spot for the early Moffat era (I’d probably dislike it a lot more were it not for that bias, mind) and don’t think all of it is irredeemable. I think a strong part of my dislike for it is also down to the fact that I prominently experienced it growing up alongside TruWho, and thus became more aware as I grew older that a good proportion of what I was watching and enjoying at that tender age was actually a load of shite, not exactly leaving the greatest artistic impression on me early on.

Genkimonk is a prime candidate, yes, as is ClockworkOcean. I’d also consider UncleDeadly as well- he’s written many excellent posts which extensively tear apart both the RTD and Moffat eras to shreds, all with a strong hint of passionate loathing for it all.

Last edited by Bernard Marx on 9th November 2019, 9:59 am; edited 1 time in total

3Biggest New Who hater here? Empty Re: Biggest New Who hater here? 9th November 2019, 9:58 am

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

I think it's gotta be Burrun. Wink

4Biggest New Who hater here? Empty Re: Biggest New Who hater here? 9th November 2019, 2:30 pm

REDACTED

Rob Filth.

Source: www.thefuckingobvious.com

5Biggest New Who hater here? Empty Re: Biggest New Who hater here? 9th November 2019, 2:31 pm

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

Indrid Mercury wrote:Rob Filth.

Source: www.thefuckingobvious.com
How could I forget Rob? 😂

6Biggest New Who hater here? Empty Re: Biggest New Who hater here? 9th November 2019, 3:07 pm

Boofer

Boofer

I love New Who, it's amazing.

7Biggest New Who hater here? Empty Re: Biggest New Who hater here? 9th November 2019, 4:53 pm

ClockworkOcean

Dick Tater

In terms of sheer merciless contempt, Genkimonk, Rob Filth, TheTimeTraveller and UncleDeadly are all contenders for first place. Burrunjor, Bernard Marx, iank and myself fall slightly short on account of soft spots for particular episodes and eras the afforementioned four don't have, though my own are fading as I increasingly find even NuWho's better offerings sickeningly melodramatic, emotionally manipulative, patronising and clichéd.

8Biggest New Who hater here? Empty Re: Biggest New Who hater here? 9th November 2019, 10:42 pm

iank

iank

I must admit my tolerance is lessening all the time. I'm beginning to think even my affection for the early Smith era is in large part just due to how much I wanna bang Karen. Big Grin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

9Biggest New Who hater here? Empty Re: Biggest New Who hater here? 10th November 2019, 12:07 am

Doctor7

Probably not me although I do loathe the capaldi era writing and all.

10Biggest New Who hater here? Empty Re: Biggest New Who hater here? 10th November 2019, 4:49 am

Ludders

Ludders

Burrunjor loves S3 too much to be a proper hater. And IanK just needs to completely empty his sac before watching S5, to see it for what it is. 😂

Meanwhile, I nominate myself as the most meh about NuWho, because I havent even been arsed to actually watch it since early S7, let alone write novel length posts analysing how shit it is. 😎

Oh, and I'm sure I read a post on here from someone threatening not to buy the classic series animations because of the NuWho logo being on them. Or something like that. THAT'S hatred.
I mean it's a bit like refusing to eat a gorgeous meal because you don't like the tablecloth, but it's definitely hatred. 😂

11Biggest New Who hater here? Empty Re: Biggest New Who hater here? 10th November 2019, 8:23 am

iank

iank

lol Yeah that's just insane.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

12Biggest New Who hater here? Empty Re: Biggest New Who hater here? 10th November 2019, 8:53 am

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

Agreed with the above concerning the logo. I understand why it would make one reluctant to buy new material, but I wouldn’t let it restrict me from accessing potentially brilliant new TruWho content. I’m not as hateful towards NuWho as that. 😂

My tolerance is lessening all the time too. I’m even going off the Smith era now, and my biases are starting to lessen as time goes by. It’s certainly more competently crafted than the rest of NuWho (at least in its early to mid stages), but it’s still riddled with the same shit.

13Biggest New Who hater here? Empty Re: Biggest New Who hater here? 10th November 2019, 9:11 am

Ludders

Ludders

I think was the logo, or something to do with the covers. Can't remember. Maybe he was just being hyperbolic. Big Grin

But yeah, obviously Smith was a big improvement. At first.....

14Biggest New Who hater here? Empty Re: Biggest New Who hater here? 10th November 2019, 9:53 am

burrunjor

burrunjor

Ronnie wrote:I think was the logo, or something to do with the covers. Can't remember. Maybe he was just being hyperbolic. Big Grin

But yeah, obviously Smith was a big improvement. At first.....

Ironically I think that was me. Big Grin

I didn't say the logo would put me off, just that it was a worrying sign. In Tom Baker's novel Scratchman, Jodie was shoehorned in, and in a way that was very emasculating and condescending to Tom's Doctor.

Here.

James Goss wrote:A lot fo people died here. More than I'd like, she (Jodie) told me critically.

I nodded. The argument that more would have died if I'd done nothing is my least favourite kind of tidying up. But its done.

And now you're playing games? She raised an eyebrow.

So naturally you can understand that a lot of us are worried they might shoe horn her and her fam into the Macra Terror, Fury from the Deep, The Faceless Ones etc as a background cameo or somethng,.

15Biggest New Who hater here? Empty Re: Biggest New Who hater here? 4th January 2020, 10:46 pm

Mott1

Mott1

I think Ian, Monk, Burronjor, Rob and Glitz (formerly of this parrish) are frontrunners but I also think I may be a contender for this prize. I baled on watching or reviewing after the catastrophic end to the awful s9, and for at least 2 years before that watching an episode generally brought me to a psychotic state. I can't even look at the Gurning Doctor without experiencing allergy-type symptoms.

Bernard Marx, Tanmann and Boofer seem a bit more restrained, tho that could change if they endure a whole season of it. Ones resistance can only withstand so much.

16Biggest New Who hater here? Empty Re: Biggest New Who hater here? 4th January 2020, 11:04 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Mott1 wrote:Glitz

Has anyone heard from him? He was a really nice chap.

17Biggest New Who hater here? Empty Re: Biggest New Who hater here? 5th January 2020, 1:36 am

Boofer

Boofer

Ronnie wrote:Oh, and I'm sure I read a post on here from someone threatening not to buy the classic series animations because of the NuWho logo being on them. Or something like that. THAT'S hatred.

I mean it's a bit like refusing to eat a gorgeous meal because you don't like the tablecloth,  but it's definitely hatred. 😂

That was me. I won't buy anything with that shit on it.

But then I always relied on you to send me copies until you buggered off to the other side of the world Razz

18Biggest New Who hater here? Empty Re: Biggest New Who hater here? 5th January 2020, 6:05 am

Doctor7

Ok I loathe capaldi era writing and of course chibnall era so two eras I don't like at all obviously classic who is my favorite love the McCoy,davison two bakers eras and some pertwee

19Biggest New Who hater here? Empty Re: Biggest New Who hater here? 5th January 2020, 6:24 am

Rob Filth

Rob Filth

I wouldn't call myself the biggest NuWho hater but I was definitely one of it's earliest outspoken critics because I never really liked it from the off, but there have been some NuWho episodes which with a bit of editing out of stupid dumbass bits could be good modern representations of Classic Who such as Age of Steel/Rise of the Cybermen, Blink, Human Nature, etc and I do actually rate much of the Sarah Jane Adventures.

With the first two NuWho Doctors I found characterisation of the central character to be a major issue, but with the next two the godawful storylines were more an issue than the central characterisation.

I was only just hanging on during Capaldi's era, almost refusing to watch because of the regeneration cycle holy cow being slaughtered, John Hurt shoehorned in snub for the 50th & Clara rewrite of the origins insult. I somehow made it past the Cyberbrig/Missy punch on the nose and started to falter during Capaldis awful 2nd series - not watching upon transmission anymore, the regenderating Time Lord revisionist shite of the final story meant I almost didn't bother with his final series which I was in no rush to watch but I somehow stuck in there, preferring his final series to his previous one(perhaps because Clara was no longer there?). I even half-enjoyed Capaldis final cyberman story.

But by his very final story the insults to Classic Series fans just flew so fast and in such rapid succession I finally decided, "Right, that's it. I'm out." I'd just taken enough abuse and self-torture by that point.

Even if the BBC put every single Classic Series story on iplayer I wouldn't watch them now and give the BBC the benefit of the hits, fuck them.

I hope the cunty Tories sell the bastards off lock, stock & barrel to the yanks.

Fuck the BBC.

They're utter cunts, I used to at one time fearlessly defend them, but now they can go eat a turd. I fucking despise them.

http://www.thefuckingobvious.com

20Biggest New Who hater here? Empty Re: Biggest New Who hater here? 5th January 2020, 9:23 am

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Doctor7 wrote:Ok I loathe capaldi era writing and of course chibnall era so two eras I don't like at all obviously classic who is my favorite love the McCoy,davison two bakers eras and some pertwee

I'd always had my annoyances with New Who, but I think it was the Capaldi era that finally made it impossible for me to even care about the show anymore.

I can't even say I have much hate in my heart for Jodie's era because the show was already dead to me by then.

21Biggest New Who hater here? Empty Re: Biggest New Who hater here? 5th January 2020, 9:26 pm

Bill

I find the Capaldi era had the biggest gap between expectations and delivery. And that awful music at the beginning... eeuurrgghhh!

22Biggest New Who hater here? Empty Re: Biggest New Who hater here? 6th January 2020, 12:52 am

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Bill wrote:I find the Capaldi era had the biggest gap between expectations and delivery.

^^^^
THIS!

23Biggest New Who hater here? Empty Re: Biggest New Who hater here? 6th January 2020, 7:51 pm

Mott1

Mott1

Pepsi Maxil wrote:
Mott1 wrote:Glitz

Has anyone heard from him? He was a really nice chap.

He was a great guy. He was always very supportive of my reviews of the show, even on the rare occasions I gave an episode 9/10! Unfortunately he got into an argument with a former member about England at the World Cup and departed in a blaze of glory... such a pity, his inebriated roars about Moffat's cuntdom were hilarious.

What I found odd about Nu Who was that I got more and more annoyed by it during the RTD years, but gave it a chance long enough during the Moffat era to write at least 2 seasons of constant analysis. Like Rob even Cyberbrig and Mistress Poppins couldn't finish me off, despite me being weakened by horrors like the cell scene with Robin Hood, Daleks being defeated by sewage, Hendrix-style guitar playing on top of tanks, Cybermen doing air-stewardess impressions and comedy vikings. It was the sex & race changing General bragging about the upgrade that turned me into a full-on madman...

24Biggest New Who hater here? Empty Re: Biggest New Who hater here? 11th January 2020, 6:46 am

Ludders

Ludders

Boofer wrote:
Ronnie wrote:Oh, and I'm sure I read a post on here from someone threatening not to buy the classic series animations because of the NuWho logo being on them. Or something like that. THAT'S hatred.

I mean it's a bit like refusing to eat a gorgeous meal because you don't like the tablecloth,  but it's definitely hatred. 😂

But then I always relied on you to send me copies until you buggered off to the other side of the world Razz

LOL

Actually, I think it was Clockwork Ocean or Tibby the Tory.
One of those ladies in red, anyway. Big Grin

25Biggest New Who hater here? Empty Re: Biggest New Who hater here? 11th January 2020, 8:12 pm

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

Ludders wrote:
Boofer wrote:

LOL

Actually, I think it was Clockwork Ocean or Tibby the Tory.
One of those ladies in red, anyway. Big Grin
I presume it was ClockworkOcean. Tibby doesn’t seem to display as much blatant hatred for NuWho as much as some of us. LOL

To be honest, I wouldn’t call myself an abject hater at the moment (though I went through a period of really hating it, which carried over to some of my initial posts), but I would call myself a staunch critic of it by all means. My reasons for being more restrained when compared to other Hivers (as acknowledged by Mott1) are largely due to my finding the whole affair more amusing now than anything else. I can’t see TruWho and NuWho as the same entity anymore, and the only reason I might do on occasion would be a result of the public’s association of the two within the media. Well, OK- there is also the fact that NuWho’s influence on the brand means that it likely won’t be able to resemble its former self again in eventual iterations, which also grates rather badly.

I’ll occasionally adopt a visage of hatred on here in relation to NuWho, but how passionately I feel about it usually depends on my mood.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum