DogStar2000
Boofer
Mott1
DeadManRising
Defeatment
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 10]

76Star Wars Megathread - Page 4 Empty Re: Star Wars Megathread 13th December 2017, 2:21 pm

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

He kept his Star Wars legacy a secret in Boulder for decades. At 85, the sci-fi pioneer is ready to step out.
Unsung genius of design, tech embraces comic-con scene
http://theknow.denverpost.com/2017/12/08/colin-cantwell-star-wars-designer-auction-legacy/169098/

77Star Wars Megathread - Page 4 Empty Re: Star Wars Megathread 15th December 2017, 7:00 pm

Defeatment

Has everyone here saw the film? I'd be happy to talk assuming all have saw it but then this place does have a fuck you attitude to Spoilers.
I laughed my fucking arse off at Vacuum Leia doing a Mary Poppins than I did at any of the intended comedy in the script.
Not saw The Force Awakens, but if Kylo speaks through that helmet all the way through then that will be another source of comedy that might ruin my enjoyment of the film.
It is massive massive bullshit Disney is planning another fucking trilogy, but at least there isn't much left of the original cast to drag the trilogy out for longer!
My biggest plus for this film is it gave the least work to my most hated actor from the original trilogy, Anthony Daniels!

78Star Wars Megathread - Page 4 Empty Re: Star Wars Megathread 16th December 2017, 9:40 am

Mott1

Mott1

If Yoda is in it does he say "Make lots from merchandise, we will!"?

79Star Wars Megathread - Page 4 Empty Re: Star Wars Megathread 16th December 2017, 10:43 pm

DeadManRising

DeadManRising

Just finished watching the movie. Felt like glorified fan fiction if I'm being honest. Also, that "twist" with Luke and young Kylo Ren was stupid as hell and felt grossly out of character.

80Star Wars Megathread - Page 4 Empty Re: Star Wars Megathread 19th December 2017, 9:35 pm

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

Just seen it. The comedy really did my head in. That opening scene was atrocious. There were some great bits later on but the explosion after explosion ending, each scene trying to outdo the last, got a little tiresome, for me.

81Star Wars Megathread - Page 4 Empty Re: Star Wars Megathread 31st December 2017, 1:54 am

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

Star Wars Megathread - Page 4 2afllp1

82Star Wars Megathread - Page 4 Empty Re: Star Wars Megathread 19th January 2018, 12:27 pm

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

83Star Wars Megathread - Page 4 Empty Re: Star Wars Megathread 20th January 2018, 8:53 am

DeadManRising

DeadManRising

Didn't the Force Awakens and Rogue One also bomb in China? I'm pretty sure the original Star Wars trilogy wasn't actually released in China until a few years ago for some reason. So there's very little cultural nostalgia for the Star Wars franchise over there.

84Star Wars Megathread - Page 4 Empty Re: Star Wars Megathread 20th January 2018, 12:16 pm

Adam Ant Driver

Adam Ant Driver

DeadManRising wrote:Didn't the Force Awakens and Rogue One also bomb in China? I'm pretty sure the original Star Wars trilogy wasn't actually released in China until a few years ago for some reason. So there's very little cultural nostalgia for the Star Wars franchise over there.  
The Force Awakens and Rogue One underperformed in China but didn't bomb like The Last Jedi which only lasted two weeks(?) before they stopped showing it completely. Since China has a quota on the amount of foreign films they're allowed to show I've read that they're now thinking of never showing a Star Wars film again because they have a limited number of slots available and audiences there clearly aren't interested. Other films that could do better might as well takes its place.

Like you said China has no nostalgia for Star Wars, as far as I know the original trilogy (maybe even the prequels) only got a big screen release there in a film festival with no wide release and that was in 2015, and the attempts to pander to them has backfired. They hated Rose in TLJ and even though they thought he was the highlight of Rogue One, they saw right through why Donnie Yen was cast.

I'm surprised The Last Jedi was even shown there uncut since they don't allow ghosts on film. Maybe that's why Yoda stopped glowing and looked nothing like a force ghost?

https://thehiveforum.forumotion.com

85Star Wars Megathread - Page 4 Empty Re: Star Wars Megathread 20th January 2018, 2:20 pm

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

As a reference, that's significantly less than the 2017 total box office take of Smurfs: The Lost Village, Ghost in the Shell, and King Arthur: Legend of the Sword.

http://fortune.com/2018/01/18/star-wars-the-last-jedi-chinese-theaters/

86Star Wars Megathread - Page 4 Empty Re: Star Wars Megathread 20th January 2018, 2:59 pm

Adam Ant Driver

Adam Ant Driver

Toy and merchandise sales are down too and the Han Solo movie budget must be upward of $400 million by now with marketing costs to be added, makes you wonder how long it'll be before we see some firings and reshuffling at Lucasfilm.

Also the Rogue One and Solo producer, Allison Shearmur has died at 54.
http://www.digitalspy.com/showbiz/star-wars/news/a847964/hollywood-producer-allison-shearmur-dies-lung-cancer-battle/

87Star Wars Megathread - Page 4 Empty Re: Star Wars Megathread 20th January 2018, 4:08 pm

Defeatment

Adam Ant Driver wrote:

Also the Rogue One and Solo producer, Allison Shearmur has died at 54.
http://www.digitalspy.com/showbiz/star-wars/news/a847964/hollywood-producer-allison-shearmur-dies-lung-cancer-battle/

That's quite sad, Rogue One was actually quite good. I enjoyed it more than the prequels (Not saying much I know) but it was more memorable than TLJ.
As for the Disney deal, eventually it'll be "This deal gets worse by the minute". But still they come!

88Star Wars Megathread - Page 4 Empty Re: Star Wars Megathread 20th January 2018, 5:21 pm

DeadManRising

DeadManRising

Meh. I found Rogue One to be rather boring and forgettable. All the characters were so dull and unlikable it was simply impossible for me to care about any of them. I found the Force Awakens to be more enjoyable, and that's really not saying much.

89Star Wars Megathread - Page 4 Empty Re: Star Wars Megathread 26th January 2018, 8:08 pm

Adam Ant Driver

Adam Ant Driver

Recent reports suggest the Star Wars title will be dropped altogether for the Chinese release of the Han Solo movie. Instead it will be called Ranger Solo.

90Star Wars Megathread - Page 4 Empty Re: Star Wars Megathread 27th January 2018, 6:07 pm

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

91Star Wars Megathread - Page 4 Empty Re: Star Wars Megathread 5th February 2018, 5:45 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

The Phantom Menace over The Last Jedi every day of the week for me.

92Star Wars Megathread - Page 4 Empty Re: Star Wars Megathread 5th February 2018, 6:00 pm

DeadManRising

DeadManRising

CommanderMaxil1983Returns wrote:The Phantom Menace over The Last Jedi every day of the week for me.

Are you serious, bro? The Phantom Menace is one of the most boring, poorly written, and sleep inducing movies I've ever sat through. The only good parts are the pod racing scene and the duel with Darth Maul.

On a side note, I also feel killing off Darth Maul was one of the biggest mistakes of the prequel trilogy.

93Star Wars Megathread - Page 4 Empty Re: Star Wars Megathread 5th February 2018, 6:02 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

DeadManRising wrote: The Phantom Menace is one of the most boring, poorly written, and sleep inducing movies.

You're right but The Last Jedi is even more boring, poorly written and sleep inducing.

94Star Wars Megathread - Page 4 Empty Re: Star Wars Megathread 5th February 2018, 6:12 pm

DeadManRising

DeadManRising

Eh, I wouldn't go that far. The Last Jedi is a somewhat okay movie if you just turn your brain off for a while. Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones are just pure torture to sit through on the other hand. Revenge of the Sith is the only movie in the entire prequel trilogy that's somewhat tolerable, though it still suffers from a bajillion plot holes.

95Star Wars Megathread - Page 4 Empty Re: Star Wars Megathread 5th February 2018, 7:44 pm

Adam Ant Driver

Adam Ant Driver

CommanderMaxil1983Returns wrote:
DeadManRising wrote: The Phantom Menace is one of the most boring, poorly written, and sleep inducing movies.

You're right but The Last Jedi is even more boring, poorly written and sleep inducing.

There are things I liked about The Last Jedi but you're right. I don't think I've ever been so bored watching a Star Wars movie before (at least on the first viewing) and the confused script, abundance of plot holes and general disregard for continuity are sometimes enough to rank it the second worst movie in the series, barely beating Attack of the Clones.

96Star Wars Megathread - Page 4 Empty Re: Star Wars Megathread 5th February 2018, 7:45 pm

Adam Ant Driver

Adam Ant Driver

Eh.

97Star Wars Megathread - Page 4 Empty Re: Star Wars Megathread 5th February 2018, 8:00 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Adam Ant Driver wrote:

Eh.

What do you think?

Seems like a pointless film to me. Why not write a novel on his adventures before A New Hope instead? Nice to see a young Lando I guess.

98Star Wars Megathread - Page 4 Empty Re: Star Wars Megathread 5th February 2018, 8:06 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Adam Ant Driver wrote:
CommanderMaxil1983Returns wrote:

There are things I liked about The Last Jedi but you're right. I don't think I've ever been so bored watching a Star Wars movie before (at least on the first viewing) and the confused script, abundance of plot holes and general disregard for continuity are sometimes enough to rank it the second worst movie in the series, barely beating Attack of the Clones.

You were probably just as excited as I was before it came out. I was actually looking forward to it. That horrible sinking feeling I experienced within the first half an hour was an indication that I should never get my hopes up about anything ever again.

99Star Wars Megathread - Page 4 Empty Re: Star Wars Megathread 5th February 2018, 8:14 pm

DeadManRising

DeadManRising

No one can play Han Solo except for Harrison Ford.

Fucking. Nobody.

100Star Wars Megathread - Page 4 Empty Re: Star Wars Megathread 7th February 2018, 6:41 pm

Adam Ant Driver

Adam Ant Driver

CommanderMaxil1983 wrote:What do you think?

Seems like a pointless film to me. Why not write a novel on his adventures before A New Hope instead? Nice to see a young Lando I guess.
It doesn't look great, on top of that it's pointless as you say. If there's one character that doesn't need their backstory to be shown it's Han. He's a sleazy, selfish smuggler whose hero's journey begins in A New Hope, we got all the backstory we needed when we saw him in a shitty bar trying to talk his way out of trouble with gangsters and offering rides for cash. Going deeper into that takes away his charm and trying to make him a protagonist we're supposed to root for before the OT is a misunderstanding of the character.

Also this:
DeadManRising wrote:No one can play Han Solo except for Harrison Ford.

Fucking. Nobody.
Han is only as enjoyable as he is because of Harrison Ford's charisma and nobody can replace that.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum