You are not connected. Please login or register

Rank the Star Wars films.

+3
Bernard Marx
Fendelman
Ludders
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Rank the Star Wars films. Empty Rank the Star Wars films. 18th January 2020, 2:53 am

Ludders

Ludders

For me the Star Wars films aren't serious quality science fiction. But they are enjoyable enough as essentially fun, popcorn movies. Just sit back and enjoy the ride.

1. Return of the Jedi Cool Cool Cool Cool
2. Star Wars Cool Cool Cool Cool
3. The Empire Strikes Back Cool Cool Cool
4. Revenge of the Sith Cool Cool Cool
5. The Rise of Skywalker Cool Cool Cool
6. The Force Awakens Cool Cool
7. The Last Jedi Cool Cool
8. Attack of the Clones Neutral
9. The Phantom Menace Rolling Eyes

2Rank the Star Wars films. Empty Re: Rank the Star Wars films. 18th January 2020, 3:20 am

Fendelman

Fendelman

Star Wars
Return of the Jedi
The Empire Strikes Back

I like the first 3 movies and watch them regularly, but the only other one I've seen is The Phantom Menace. I thought it sucked so bad that I didn't watch any of the others. I'd even rank those two Ewok movies over it.

3Rank the Star Wars films. Empty Re: Rank the Star Wars films. 18th January 2020, 5:59 am

Ludders

Ludders

It is indeed a dire film, and its follow up wasn't much better, but things did improve after that. Though nothing quite matches the original trilogy, it's true.

4Rank the Star Wars films. Empty Re: Rank the Star Wars films. 18th January 2020, 6:29 am

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

1. The Empire Strikes Back (9.5/10)
2. Star Wars (8.5/10)
3. Return of the Jedi (7.5/10)
4. Rogue One (7.5/10)
5. Revenge of the Sith (6/10)
6. The Force Awakens (4/10)
7. Attack of the Clones (3/10)
8. Solo (3/10)
9. The Phantom Menace (3/10)
10. The Rise of Skywalker (0/10)
11. The Last Jedi (0/10)

Last edited by Bernard Marx on 18th January 2020, 7:16 am; edited 1 time in total

5Rank the Star Wars films. Empty Re: Rank the Star Wars films. 18th January 2020, 6:33 am

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

1. The Empire Strikes Back
2. Star Wars: A New Hope
3. Rogue One
4. Return of the Jedi
5. Revenge of the Sith
6. The Force Awakens
7. Rise of Skywalker
8. Solo
9. The Phantom Menace
10. Attack of the Clones
11. The Last Jedi

6Rank the Star Wars films. Empty Re: Rank the Star Wars films. 18th January 2020, 7:50 am

Ludders

Ludders

I've not even heard of these other two films, Solo and Rogue One...

7Rank the Star Wars films. Empty Re: Rank the Star Wars films. 18th January 2020, 8:04 am

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

Ludders wrote:I've not even heard of these other two films, Solo and Rogue One...
They were both spin-off instalments released in 2016 and 2018 respectively. The latter bombed rather badly commercially, partly due to rubbish marketing and partly due to audience disinterest due to both the uninteresting premise and how the previous film had caused a schism in fandom.

8Rank the Star Wars films. Empty Re: Rank the Star Wars films. 18th January 2020, 8:13 am

Ludders

Ludders

Ah OK, thanks for that.
I vaguely remember hearing about Solo, I think.

9Rank the Star Wars films. Empty Re: Rank the Star Wars films. 18th January 2020, 9:12 am

stengos

stengos

In order ...
Empire
Revenge of the Sith
Rogue One
A New Hope.
Attack of the Clones

That's it really. Not too bothered about the rest.

Last edited by stengos on 30th January 2020, 10:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

10Rank the Star Wars films. Empty Re: Rank the Star Wars films. 18th January 2020, 7:05 pm

REDACTED

Classic

1: Star Wars (1977)
2: The Empire Strikes Back (1980)
3: Revenge Of The Sith (2005)
4: Return Of The Jedi (1983

Average
5: Rogue One (2016)
6: Attack Of The Clones (2002)

Subpar
7: The Phantom Menace (1999)
8: The Star Wars Holiday Special (1978)
9: The Force Awakens (2015)

The Fucking Dregs
10: The Rise Of Skywalker (2019)
11: The Last Jedi (2018)

Last edited by Indrid Mercury on 6th February 2020, 11:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

11Rank the Star Wars films. Empty Re: Rank the Star Wars films. 19th April 2020, 1:32 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

I rewatched the first six films again recently and I've sadly lost a lot of love for Star Wars. I struggled to sit through the original film and actually found it to be no better than the prequels I had watched a few days earlier. If I wasn't watching it with my mother I probably would turned it off during the Mos Eisley scenes. Return of the Jedi is the absolute worst of the lot for me I'm afraid. The cinematography is surprisingly poor and the locations are very uninspired. I rate Phantom Menace higher solely because of Duel of the Fates (which is arguably the best piece of music in the series) and because Padme is great. Clones is a much better watch than either of them despite the insipid dialogue and workmanlike direction. Sith is a bit better than I remembered but it's very hard to care for the Jedi at all. It still baffles me how Mace Windu simply dawdles to his ship after being told that Palpatine is a Sith Lord. He even claimed that he sensed a plot to destroy the Jedi earlier on in the film. General Grevious in the movie is also pretty lame compared to the one in the 2003 Clone Wars show. The music and the stuff involving the Emperor and Anakin are very good, though. It also gave us some pretty awesome locations to play in in Battlefront II!

Here are the rankings based solely on my last rewatch of the films.

1. The Empire Strikes Back
2. Attack of the Clones
3. Revenge of the Sith
4. Star Wars
5. The Phantom Menace
6. Return of the Jedi

What's Disney Star Wars?

12Rank the Star Wars films. Empty Re: Rank the Star Wars films. 23rd April 2020, 10:57 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Out of total boredom I decided to give The Force Awakens another go making my last statement look incredibly stupid.

The film is nice to look at and has likeable characters, but it ultimately rings hollow because it essentially repeats the original film's story beats and doesn't really offer anything new. Daisy is a really good actress, by the way. I know Rey is a Mary Sue type character and it's hard to connect with someone who virtually has no flaws, but I think Daisy does a good job with the material and makes me care about the character somewhat. It isn't an awful film by any means, just a pointless exercise in repeating things we've already seen before. On to The Last Jedi...

13Rank the Star Wars films. Empty Re: Rank the Star Wars films. 23rd April 2020, 3:15 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

151 minutes plus several ten minute breaks later and I've finally watched The Last Jedi in FULL for the very first time. I resisted the urge to walk away! I love Daisy Ridley, but even she struggled making the crap dialogue sound interesting. Adam Driver is absolutely horrible as emo boy Ben and Snoke is the WORST Star Wars villain ever (and I count the villains in the novels I haven't actually read!). None of the Jokes work, the planets have no atmosphere and Luke's characterization is a complete betrayal of George's vision of the character.

It gets a 1/10 for the utterly perfect Ridley. The rest is garbage of the highest order. Rise of Skywalker is much better than this, right?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum