DogStar2000
Boofer
Mott1
DeadManRising
Defeatment
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 10]

201Star Wars Megathread - Page 9 Empty Re: Star Wars Megathread 19th December 2019, 7:39 pm

ClockworkOcean

Dick Tater

Couldn't care less.

Won't be going to see it.

Disney = non-canon.

202Star Wars Megathread - Page 9 Empty Re: Star Wars Megathread 19th December 2019, 7:43 pm

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

ClockworkOcean wrote:Couldn't care less.

Disney = non-canon.
I am fascinated with just how bad this film might just be, though. If I go to see it, I’ll pay to see a different film and sneak into the Episode IX screening, or find a reasonable pirate copy. Those fuckers won’t be obtaining my money either way.

203Star Wars Megathread - Page 9 Empty Re: Star Wars Megathread 19th December 2019, 7:45 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Bernard Marx wrote:
find a reasonable pirate copy.

204Star Wars Megathread - Page 9 Empty Re: Star Wars Megathread 19th December 2019, 7:50 pm

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

Pepsi Maxil wrote:
Bernard Marx wrote:

Brilliant. Can’t say I’ve seen that before. LOL

I don’t usually stream released films, mind. I only do it for films (and companies such as Disney’s Lucasfilm) that don’t deserve any money. The only way they’ll listen to us at this point is via our wallets, and if the film underperforms, it sends the correct message.

205Star Wars Megathread - Page 9 Empty Re: Star Wars Megathread 19th December 2019, 7:52 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Bernard Marx wrote:
Pepsi Maxil wrote:
Bernard Marx wrote:

I don’t usually stream released films, mind. I only do it for films (and companies such as Disney’s Lucasfilm) that don’t deserve any money. The only way they’ll listen to us at this point is via our wallets, and if the film underperforms, it sends the correct message.

I used to see it a lot as a kid. "Don't touch the hot stuff!" LOL

I don't pirate anymore. I used to torrent music a lot, but I prefer just to support the artists now.

206Star Wars Megathread - Page 9 Empty Re: Star Wars Megathread 19th December 2019, 8:00 pm

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

Pepsi Maxil wrote:
Bernard Marx wrote:
Pepsi Maxil wrote:
Bernard Marx wrote:

I used to see it a lot as a kid. "Don't touch the hot stuff!"  LOL

I don't pirate anymore. I used to torrent music a lot, but I prefer just to support the artists now.
Completely agree. It’s always best to support the artist. Although I am personally willing to make an exception this time round, partly because the hacks involved in directing and writing Episode IX can hardly be described as artists. LOL

207Star Wars Megathread - Page 9 Empty Re: Star Wars Megathread 19th December 2019, 8:05 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

I completely understand that. They've spent two years mugging you off so why should you give them anything.

Does pirating DVDs actually fund terrorism? Sounds like bollocks to me.

208Star Wars Megathread - Page 9 Empty Re: Star Wars Megathread 19th December 2019, 8:42 pm

iank

iank

ClockworkOcean wrote:Couldn't care less.

Disney = non-canon.

So Disney and New Who have even more in common than we thought! Big Grin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

209Star Wars Megathread - Page 9 Empty Re: Star Wars Megathread 19th December 2019, 11:45 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Pepsi Maxil wrote:Does pirating DVDs actually fund terrorism?

Oh yes.

It all goes to the glory of the Caliphate.

210Star Wars Megathread - Page 9 Empty Re: Star Wars Megathread 20th December 2019, 12:22 am

The First Doctor

The First Doctor

I'd rather watch one of the worst episodes of NuPoo in full, with cellotaph over my mouth so that I'd have to swallow my own vomit, then pay money to watch "The Rise of Skywalker" in a cinema.

211Star Wars Megathread - Page 9 Empty Re: Star Wars Megathread 20th December 2019, 12:22 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

The Seventh Doctor wrote:I'd rather watch one of the worst episodes of NuPoo in full, with cellotaph over my mouth so that I'd have to swallow my own vomit, then pay money to watch "The Rise of Skywalker" in a cinema.

This is such a Hive comment.

212Star Wars Megathread - Page 9 Empty Re: Star Wars Megathread 20th December 2019, 12:38 am

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Even Jodie's not a fan.

Star Wars Megathread - Page 9 80010210

213Star Wars Megathread - Page 9 Empty Re: Star Wars Megathread 20th December 2019, 10:11 am

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

Turns out the film has an audience score of 87% on Rotten Tomatoes. This either means that it’s actually surprisingly good, or that audiences are just that desperate for a fan service filled sequel regardless of how crap it is. Probably the latter.

214Star Wars Megathread - Page 9 Empty Re: Star Wars Megathread 20th December 2019, 12:27 pm

Zarius

Zarius

Bernard Marx wrote:Turns out the film has an audience score of 87% on Rotten Tomatoes. This either means that it’s actually surprisingly good, or that audiences are just that desperate for a fan service filled sequel regardless of how crap it is. Probably the latter.

Guess the casuals are either Phantom Menacing or went for the Reylo shit

215Star Wars Megathread - Page 9 Empty Re: Star Wars Megathread 20th December 2019, 2:51 pm

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

I have now seen it. Fuck me, as a piece of scriptwriting, that was inept on every level possible. Character moments are entirely sidelined in favour of a contrived narrative where every little aspect happens due to coincidence. Editing wise, it was no better, with jarring transitions and flashbacks all over the place that barely resemble a coherent whole. It was obviously put together at the last minute due to how bloody sloppy and incoherent it all is- nothing about it remotely works or makes the slightest bit of sense.

I’ll probably write a full spoiler heavy evisceration later on, similar to what I’ve done with a handful of NuPoo stories. Christ, that was bad...

216Star Wars Megathread - Page 9 Empty Re: Star Wars Megathread 20th December 2019, 3:01 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Shit, this is beginning to sound like a film so bad that I just have to see it!

217Star Wars Megathread - Page 9 Empty Re: Star Wars Megathread 20th December 2019, 3:04 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

We'll see it together and resolve our differences. I'll buy you a Yorkie bar if you behave.

218Star Wars Megathread - Page 9 Empty Re: Star Wars Megathread 20th December 2019, 4:02 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

I think I'll need more than a Yorkie bar to get me through this film.

219Star Wars Megathread - Page 9 Empty Re: Star Wars Megathread 20th December 2019, 5:44 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

The only other choice is that new Cats movie...

220Star Wars Megathread - Page 9 Empty Re: Star Wars Megathread 20th December 2019, 5:47 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Flippin' Cats!

221Star Wars Megathread - Page 9 Empty Re: Star Wars Megathread 20th December 2019, 5:58 pm

REDACTED

Pepsi Maxil wrote:The only other choice is that new Cats movie...

222Star Wars Megathread - Page 9 Empty Re: Star Wars Megathread 21st December 2019, 9:59 pm

TiberiusDidNothingWrong

TiberiusDidNothingWrong
Dick Tater

My friends were going so I went to see it on its opening alongside the earlier two.

The Force Awakens seems worse every time I watch it. Knowing that all of the interesting questions posed would go either unanswered or be 'satisfied' only by whatever JJ found on reddit five years later - the film seems especially bad.

The Last Jedi I actually enjoyed a lot more this rewatch. It does at least feel like Rian had an artistic vision, even if a lot of it is nonsense. It's definitely better written than the other two, if inconsistently.

The new film was utter dogshit though. The film was made from a checklist, 'questions to make up answers to', 'fan wanks', 'McGuffin padding'.

I don't think there were even any good scenes, or even 'nearly good' scenes like in the Last Jedi.

It was basically a meme of what everyone expected the film to be.

At least people will appreciate the prequels more now.

223Star Wars Megathread - Page 9 Empty Re: Star Wars Megathread 21st December 2019, 10:05 pm

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

TiberiusDidNothingWrong wrote:My friends were going so I went to see it on its opening alongside the earlier two.

The Force Awakens seems worse every time I watch it. Knowing that all of the interesting questions posed would go either unanswered or be 'satisfied' only by whatever JJ found on reddit five years later - the film seems especially bad.

The Last Jedi I actually enjoyed a lot more this rewatch. It does at least feel like Rian had an artistic vision, even if a lot of it is nonsense. It's definitely better written than the other two, if inconsistently.

The new film was utter dogshit though. The film was made from a checklist, 'questions to make up answers to', 'fan wanks', 'McGuffin padding'.

I don't think there were even any good scenes, or even 'nearly good' scenes like in the Last Jedi.

It was basically a meme of what everyone expected the film to be.

At least people will appreciate the prequels more now.
Although I dislike The Last Jedi more than Episode IX on a subjective basis (largely because it dwindled my passion for cinema as a whole for a time), objectively speaking and as a script, Episode IX is easily the worst and most incompetent instalment in the series, possibly to the point of making aspects of Game of Thrones season 8 appear semi-competent by comparison.

It gets significantly worse the more you dwindle on it too. I’ll probably write a spoiler filled review of it tomorrow that attempts to break down how much of it fails, presuming I can do so. It’s completely inept on almost every level.

224Star Wars Megathread - Page 9 Empty Re: Star Wars Megathread 22nd December 2019, 1:11 am

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

I've seen now and I actually thought it was okay, considering the mess it had to try and salvage and claw back from. It could've been great even, but it felt a bit too choppy for that. And there was a fair bit of plotting by convenience (though that's something I'm perhaps more forgiving of than most).

But considering the new trilogy we got, I'd say it was a decent enough finale for it.

225Star Wars Megathread - Page 9 Empty Re: Star Wars Megathread 22nd December 2019, 2:05 am

ClockworkOcean

Dick Tater

How does it compare to The Last Jedi in terms of misandry?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum