You are not connected. Please login or register

Top five RTD era stories you enjoy watching?

+8
SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe
stengos
Kaijuko
Tanmann
Ludders
iank
The Brigade Leader
Pepsi Maxil
12 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Top five RTD era stories you enjoy watching? Empty Top five RTD era stories you enjoy watching? 11th February 2020, 10:11 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

I rather like these ones:

1. Human Nature/The Family of Blood
2. Blink
3. Bad Wolf/The Parting of the Ways
4. Aliens of London/World War Three
5. The Shakespeare Code

The Brigade Leader

The Brigade Leader

Hand on heart, I have NEVER watched any nuwho story more than once.
And the only time I ever got any enjoyment out of nuwho was Series 5 so.........

iank

iank

Empty Child
Aliens of London
Blink
Silence of the Library

Er... er... er.... maybe the Sontaran one?

I dunno. I just can't tolerate Tennant anymore. I've developed a full-on allergic reaction to the cunt.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

Ludders

Ludders

Not sure if 'enjoy' is applicable for me, but 'don't mind too much' is more accurate.
In chronological order:

The Unquiet Dead
Dalek
Bad Wolf/The Parting of the Ways
Rise of the Cybermen/Age of Steel
Daleks In Manhattan/Evolution of the Daleks

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Ludders wrote:

Good choice. I loved the shit out of that at the time.

Ludders

Ludders

Pepsi Maxil wrote:
Ludders wrote:

I have a penchant for Dalek stories, but it stand up to Journey's End, Victory, and Asylum, which are shit.

The Brigade Leader

The Brigade Leader

Pepsi Maxil wrote:
Ludders wrote:

The only things I remember about that one are the pig slaves, Spider-Man,
the Blonde girl in the dance routine with the awful OTT NY accent
and the massive fall out afterwards when the writer (and script editor) Helen Raynor thought it would be jolly exciting to go on Outpost Gallifrey and look at all the wonderful praise and excitement her scripts were getting...
Only to be left "visibly shaken" at the negativity and abuse she was getting LOL LOL LOL

God I miss OG. It wasn't perfect by any means, but it was a hell of a lot more friendly and even-handed than it's spiritual successor GB.

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

1. Dalek
2. Blink
3. Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead
4. Tooth & Claw
5. The Stolen Earth/Journey's End (I am sometimes a sucker for fanwank)

Kaijuko

Kaijuko

I recently tried to watch 'Midnight' but just couldn't manage it.  I used to think it one of the less-offensively bad Davies episodes, but this time around, I couldn't stomach the sheer dumbness of it all.  From now on, I must avoid the tempatation to rewatch any NuWho - it's a depressing waste of time.

The Brigade Leader

The Brigade Leader

Kaijuko wrote:I recently tried to watch 'Midnight' but just couldn't manage it.  I used to think it one of the less-offensively bad Davies episodes, but this time around, I couldn't stomach the sheer dumbness of it all.  From now on, I must avoid the tempatation to rewatch any NuWho - it's a depressing waste of time.

Midnight & Blink.
The two most overrated episodes of Doctor Who ever.

stengos

stengos

Dalek.
Blink.
Silence in the Library & Forest of the Dead
Girl in the Fireplace.
Human Nature / Family of Blood.
Impossible Planet / Satan's Pit.

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

The Impossible Planet/The Satan Pit
Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead
Midnight
The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances
Human Nature/Family of Blood

RussellIsLord

RussellIsLord

Some of the best stories from the greatest era of the shows 15 year run

Last Of The Time Lords

The End Of Time

Journeys End

Love And Monsters

Fear Her

The First Doctor

The First Doctor

1) Jubilee... I mean Dalek
2) Human Nature... I mean Human Nature/Family of Blood
3) Daemons... I mean Pyramids of Mars... I mean The Impossible Planet/The Satan Pit
4) Blink
5) There is no number 5

Is it me, or it rather telling that 3 of the 4 stories I now hold any fond memories for we’re all inferior reworkings of prior Doctor Who stories? NuWho is so parasitic.

Zarius

Zarius

I'm pretty much this list of mine has changed from the last time I was aked (I flip flop a lot as I age), but...

1. Blink
2. School Reunion
3. The Girl In The Fireplace
4. Midnight
5. Turn Left

TheCuomoDoctor

TheCuomoDoctor

I quite like the RTD era and, by far anything from this revived 1.5 decades, it's the era which knew how to write 45 minute episodes concisely and in their entirety. Somehow, which the exception of the odd episode, the Moffat era forgot about that.

Dalek: it's a favourite for a reason. It nailed the Daleks, Eccleston finally came into his own and the show, for the first time in the RTD era, demonstrated that it could be nail biting. Pretty much the greatest Dalek episode of the revival era.

Midnight:less is more. Barely no locations, hardly any CGI, minimal score and no rubber faces (no, Tennant doesn't count). I should actually be utterly pissed off with this episode because it proves that once you remove the fat, padding and excess sugar, Doctor Who in the modern era can actually be engrossing sci-fi that answers nicely to the spirit of the original while absolutely giving it the modern treatment it requires to be relevant. It's no wonder the episode still works today.

Waters of Mars:the Doctor gets it wrong. And there's consequences for it to such an extent it makes me wonder whether he is a hero. This is the first time I ever felt this and, sadly, the last.

School Reunion: nope, it's doesn't all have to be dark and serious. This was a fun romp with a throwback to the classic era. I know some might think it was a little fanwanky (and, truthfully, the two women fighting over the Doctor was fairly crass), but I loved it. There must have been every temptation to turn this into a two-parter just to pad out the presence of Sarah Jane. But it didn't. It did its thing and left. Bless it.

Gridlock: just love it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum