You are not connected. Please login or register

I just rewatched castravalva I enjoy it even more now !

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Doctor7

I just rewatched castravalva enjoyed it even more then before good performances by the cast love peter his impersonations of previous doctors and his reaction to the regeneration is failing and his amnesia. The master is good here played by Anthony Ainley poor Adric stuck in his web it is a very scientific story block transfer computation.

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

The plot seems to take a while to get started, but it did seem to give Davison the burst of life he needed.
Unfortunately most of its good work ends up largely undone again by Time-Flight later.

iank

iank

I really enjoyed it when I saw it a month or so back too.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

REDACTED

I used to see Castrovalva as being the typical 'weak link' of the trilogy as with most third installments but after my rather underwhelming rewatch of Logopolis a few weeks back. I decided to rewatch Castrovalva and found it more fun than I remembered. There are a few issues with it such as the more lighter tone which is both a relief and frustrating as whilst its a nice change from the depressing and dreary Logopolis, I felt like the events of that were quickly forgotten and the plot is a bit over the place in some parts. I also prefer Davison's fresh, enthusiastic performance in this in comparison to Tom's bored, pissed off phoned in performance from Logopolis. All and all, a fun start to the Davison era.

Ranking The Trilogy

Keeper Of Traken: 4/5
Castrovalva: 4/5
Logopolis 2.5/5

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum