Tanmann
Ludders
Fendelman
REDACTED
Pepsi Maxil
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Stories you've warmed to? - Page 2 Empty Re: Stories you've warmed to? 9th February 2020, 9:16 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

It's your site, isn't it Maxil?

LOL

27Stories you've warmed to? - Page 2 Empty Re: Stories you've warmed to? 9th February 2020, 9:20 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Tanmann wrote:It's your site, isn't it Maxil?

LOL

Yes, I created a website dedicated to an actress from a Seventies Who story when I was six years old LOL

28Stories you've warmed to? - Page 2 Empty Re: Stories you've warmed to? 9th February 2020, 9:21 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Called it Big Grin

29Stories you've warmed to? - Page 2 Empty Re: Stories you've warmed to? 9th February 2020, 9:21 pm

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

Tanmann wrote:Anyhow, add The Visitation to my list.

I've been watching that today and it's been quite entertaining stuff.
Same. Watched it a week back and enjoyed more than I thought that I would.

30Stories you've warmed to? - Page 2 Empty Re: Stories you've warmed to? 9th February 2020, 9:50 pm

REDACTED

Pepsi Maxil wrote:" I find Annette Woollett such an exceptionally beautiful and appealing actress; the perfect, "strawberries and cream" English complexion, the golden hair, the long white neck and elegant shoulders, the "wonderous snowy arms" (to borrow Gogol's happy phrase), the big green eyes and delicate mouth, all augmented by the attractive Edwardian dress with the pretty pink bow at the back."

"Alaide seems never to fail to provoke commentary - most of which I have discovered has been dreadfully negative. These commentators couldn't possibly have found our heroine as irritating as I find them"

I really admire this kind of attitude. You can't help but find the whole thing rather adorable.

I find the anecdotes about the actress herself to be quite nice. Showing how far apart she and Adelaide were personality wise. The name of the site also warms my heart for some reason....

31Stories you've warmed to? - Page 2 Empty Re: Stories you've warmed to? 10th February 2020, 12:45 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

There's even a page dedicated to Mel:

http://www.tetrap.com/drwho/mel/

I guess I'm also a Melaphile Big Grin

32Stories you've warmed to? - Page 2 Empty Re: Stories you've warmed to? 10th February 2020, 3:14 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Smelly Mel.

33Stories you've warmed to? - Page 2 Empty Re: Stories you've warmed to? 10th February 2020, 3:20 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Piss off, lad LOL

I bet she smells like delicious strawberries.

34Stories you've warmed to? - Page 2 Empty Re: Stories you've warmed to? 11th February 2020, 6:10 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

I must have been feeling shitty last week.  I watched Ghost Light last night and Survival earlier this afternoon. and enjoyed them both thoroughly. I just wasn't in the mood when I tried to sit down and watch them on Friday. I think Survival is the better story because of the fact that it's shot entirely on location and the effectively surreal tone it has. It also feels very modern, too. I find Ghost Light is a much better watch at night. Gwendoline is beyond beautiful and the Mark Ayres' score really helps set the tone. The set design is also magnificent.

Ghost Light 8/10
Survival 9/10

35Stories you've warmed to? - Page 2 Empty Re: Stories you've warmed to? 13th February 2020, 1:05 pm

Rob Filth

Rob Filth

Probably "Creature from the Pit", I always thought it a bit shit and silly(which it is), but upon recent viewings have come to enjoy the high production values and direction on the thing and although the script itself is farcical and the monster hilariously phallic-like, much like "Paradise Towers", the narrative is still quite structured and tight.

It has the best realised studio planet surface since "Planet Of Evil"(thanks mainly to the use of film) and Toms sparring with Lady Adastra is as amusing in places as that of Count Scarlioni in "City Of Death" 

It ain't no classic for sure, but it's not the outright turkey I previously dismissed it for either and has some merits of value.

In fact all of Season 17 has gone up in my estimations fractionally, I previously considered it the worst Tom Baker Season because of the outright farcical nature of it, but I now consider it marginally better than Season 16 which I think is more shoddy and duller in nature.

http://www.thefuckingobvious.com

36Stories you've warmed to? - Page 2 Empty Re: Stories you've warmed to? 13th February 2020, 1:13 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Pepsi Maxil wrote:I must have been feeling shitty last week.  I watched Ghost Light last night and Survival earlier this afternoon. and enjoyed them both thoroughly. I just wasn't in the mood when I tried to sit down and watch them on Friday. I think Survival is the better story because of the fact that it's shot entirely on location and the effectively surreal tone it has. It also feels very modern, too. I find Ghost Light is a much better watch at night. Gwendoline is beyond beautiful and the Mark Ayres' score really helps set the tone. The set design is also magnificent.

Ghost Light 8/10
Survival 9/10

I've just never been able to get into Ghostlight myself.

Maybe if I ever come across the novelization I'll find it more rewarding.

37Stories you've warmed to? - Page 2 Empty Re: Stories you've warmed to? 13th February 2020, 1:19 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

I think I actually prefer Silver Nemesis to Ghost Light and Survival now. That one has seriously gone up in my estimations. The JNT era Cybermen stories rule.

38Stories you've warmed to? - Page 2 Empty Re: Stories you've warmed to? 13th February 2020, 1:20 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

I can enjoy Silver Nemesis as a bit of fun.

It's like the makers just thought "the show's not going to be around for much longer.... so let's just have a blast with it while we can"

39Stories you've warmed to? - Page 2 Empty Re: Stories you've warmed to? 13th February 2020, 1:29 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Tanmann wrote:I can enjoy Silver Nemesis as a bit of fun.

It's like the makers just thought "the show's not going to be around for much longer.... so let's just have a blast with it while we can"

Exactly.

I really enjoy the mythological elements,too. Same with Battlefield. I think Nemesis is unfairly judged because people automatically compare it to Remembrance when they should really be comparing it to other Cybermen stories instead. It certainly holds its own against something like Earthshock or The Tenth Planet for me.

40Stories you've warmed to? - Page 2 Empty Re: Stories you've warmed to? 13th February 2020, 11:42 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

The Mysterious Planet. An inoffensive enough romp I suppose.

41Stories you've warmed to? - Page 2 Empty Re: Stories you've warmed to? 14th February 2020, 12:03 am

stengos

stengos

Romans.

I found it tedious and badly made when i first watched it when it came out on VHS.

Then i watched it again last year and i thought it was really enjoyable. A good light hearted comedy-drama. Likewise The Rescue.

42Stories you've warmed to? - Page 2 Empty Re: Stories you've warmed to? 17th February 2020, 2:45 pm

REDACTED

I've never really cared too much for Terror Of The Autons and always seen it as being an inferior sequel to Spearhead and a garish CSO ridden nightmare. I re-watched it last night and actually enjoyed it more than before. Yeah, it's not as great as Spearhead but it's still an enjoyable tale for the most part with an impressive debut for Roger Delegado and a few iconic moments.

43Stories you've warmed to? - Page 2 Empty Re: Stories you've warmed to? 17th February 2020, 7:18 pm

The Brigade Leader

The Brigade Leader

Have to say I hated Delta and the Bannermen back in 87 when it first aired.
never thought much of it, watched it again the other day, really enjoyed it.

Perhaps I've loosened up over the years, or perhaps the dreadfulness of nuwho ahs made me see things with a clearer perspective.

Also - Sara Griffiths was adorable as Ray. Personally I would have dumped Mel at Maplins, and had BOTH Ray and Ace as companions!

Stories you've warmed to? - Page 2 448640_original

44Stories you've warmed to? - Page 2 Empty Re: Stories you've warmed to? 17th February 2020, 7:20 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Ray was the best companion that never was.

Delta is in my top five. I love it to death!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum