REDACTED
Bill
burrunjor
Tanmann
Pepsi Maxil
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Clara Oswald appreciation thread Empty Clara Oswald appreciation thread 14th February 2020, 8:40 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

A thread dedicated to a woman who makes my penis really big. I absolutely adored her at the time and I really wish she was still in the show now.

Clara Oswald appreciation thread Clara_12

Clara Oswald appreciation thread Clara_14

Clara Oswald appreciation thread Clara_13

Clara Oswald appreciation thread Clara_15

Clara Oswald appreciation thread Clara_17

Clara Oswald appreciation thread Clara_16

Clara Oswald appreciation thread Clara_18

Clara Oswald appreciation thread Clara_19

Clara Oswald appreciation thread Clara_24

Clara Oswald appreciation thread Clara_21

Clara Oswald appreciation thread Clara_23

Clara Oswald appreciation thread Clara_22

Clara Oswald appreciation thread Clara_20

Clara Oswald appreciation thread Source

Clara Oswald appreciation thread 3Wke

Clara Oswald appreciation thread 5E3CA63EEF2D0A72BBB5CBCB64404614DAC4DC6F

Love you loads!

2Clara Oswald appreciation thread Empty Re: Clara Oswald appreciation thread 14th February 2020, 8:52 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

I liked her in Series 7

I wish she'd left in Deep Breath.

After that, it's like she suddenly turned from being a nice old school companion, to Capaldi's abusive carer.

3Clara Oswald appreciation thread Empty Re: Clara Oswald appreciation thread 14th February 2020, 8:54 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Tanmann wrote:Capaldi's abusive carer.

There are probably people out there that are into that shit.

4Clara Oswald appreciation thread Empty Re: Clara Oswald appreciation thread 14th February 2020, 8:57 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Pepsi Maxil Oswald wrote:

There's probably people out there that are into that shit.

I've said it before, I'll say it again.

A dom has to have a kind heart in all they do.

Series 8 Clara just felt unstable and cruel.

5Clara Oswald appreciation thread Empty Re: Clara Oswald appreciation thread 14th February 2020, 9:00 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Tanmann wrote:
Pepsi Maxil Oswald wrote:

There's probably people out there that are into that shit.

I've said it before, I'll say it again.

A dom has to have a kind heart in all they do.

I never really saw her as being abusive. He buggered off in the moon episode like a complete idiot. What was she going to do, hug him and squeeze his nose? Clara isn't a naturally violent person. Neither is Ace, but if the Doctor wasn't there to hold her back she would have hit Mike.

6Clara Oswald appreciation thread Empty Re: Clara Oswald appreciation thread 14th February 2020, 9:08 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Kill the Moon was one of the times I was completely on her side.

But her smacking the elderly Doctor in Into the Dalek and Last Christmas, plus trying to threaten and blackmail him in Dark Water. Those are the points I just felt something seriously was wrong with her.

7Clara Oswald appreciation thread Empty Re: Clara Oswald appreciation thread 15th February 2020, 10:27 am

burrunjor

burrunjor

Worst companion with Bonnie Langford coming a close second. Big Grin

She could have been good as she had a natural chemistry with Smith (though it was perhaps a bit too good, as they seemed more like lovers at times, which the Doctor and his companion should never be.)

Still she was likable enough, and her and Smith really seemed to click very quickly. Further proof is how close friends they both remained years after he left. See here.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailymail.co.uk%2Ftvshowbiz%2Farticle-3150122%2FJenna-Coleman-chic-shoulder-dress-enjoys-Doctor-reunion-Matt-Smith-girlfriend-Lily-James.html&psig=AOvVaw3MJuSMbbALQdvsJm9DFDGL&ust=1581848629307000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CA0QjhxqFwoTCNjchcCr0-cCFQAAAAAdAAAAABAD

Her and Capaldi were a terrible fit in every way. They had absolutely nothing in common with one another, so they couldn't just be friends like Jamie and Patrick Troughton, or Sarah and Tom.

She was young, cute and bubbly, he was old, grissled and deadly serious. She was middle class and English, he was a working class Glasgow guy, she was more eccentric in a fun, silly way, he was more eccentric in a grumpy, awkward way.

At the same time they couldn't do the father/daughter relationship like McCoy and Ace, Davison and Adric, Pertwee and Jo, as the Doctor had wanted to bang her as Matt Smith.

They also couldn't even do the New Who, Doctor/Rose love relationship due to the age differences either.

So what we were left with was two people who didn't seem to like each other very much, yet always hung around together?

Also her handling of Matt's regeneration into Capaldi was extremely clumsy and made her come off as shallow, and the Doctor quite needy and pathetic.

Finally as Tanman pointed out, she also became a conduit for the Claudia Boleyn, Whovian Feminism propaganda in terms of her anti men hatred, and undermining the Doctor.

8Clara Oswald appreciation thread Empty Re: Clara Oswald appreciation thread 15th February 2020, 10:56 am

Bill

“Get off your arse.”

Not something I can imagine Romana 2 saying - maybe a future release of The Five Doctors will have her redubbed, saying that to Tom near the end.

Maybe we should also have Susan say that when her grandfather’s having a rest...

I always thought Jenna was extremely pretty, but Clara didn’t have much of a personality. And she had that wide eyed, slightly insane look about her that implied “I’ll kill you if you upset me.”

And her relationship with Danny Pink was even odder than Ace’s “flirt” with a soldier in Fenric.

9Clara Oswald appreciation thread Empty Re: Clara Oswald appreciation thread 15th February 2020, 11:27 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

burrunjor wrote:Worst companion with Bonnie Langford coming a close second. Big Grin

Na, she's the best NuWho companion along with Martha. If she needs anyone to lick-clean her sweaty feet after an hour long jog she's more than welcome to contact me!

10Clara Oswald appreciation thread Empty Re: Clara Oswald appreciation thread 15th February 2020, 12:03 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

Pepsi Maxil wrote:
burrunjor wrote:Worst companion with Bonnie Langford coming a close second. Big Grin

Na, she's the best NuWho companion along with Martha. If she needs anyone to lick-clean her sweaty feet after an hour long jog she's more than welcome to contact me!

Clara Oswald appreciation thread Tenor

11Clara Oswald appreciation thread Empty Re: Clara Oswald appreciation thread 15th February 2020, 12:05 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

burrunjor wrote:
Pepsi Maxil wrote:

Clara Oswald appreciation thread Tenor

Don't be a prude, lad Wink

12Clara Oswald appreciation thread Empty Re: Clara Oswald appreciation thread 15th February 2020, 3:00 pm

REDACTED

I really liked her Victorian character and was sad to see that she died and we got a rather bland, cookie cutter replacement for the next season but I still thought she was decent and had great chemistry with Smith.

Sadly, as highlighted by the others, the next season, they went down the Adric and Rose route and took them from being an decent, if slightly bland character and made them into an obnoxious loath-able miscreant.

13Clara Oswald appreciation thread Empty Re: Clara Oswald appreciation thread 15th February 2020, 3:50 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Some people clearly don't know what appreciation means. You're all supposed to be waxing lyrical about her! How could you not love her?

Clara Oswald appreciation thread 2110388371755cc2817b6a4879887815

14Clara Oswald appreciation thread Empty Re: Clara Oswald appreciation thread 15th February 2020, 3:57 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

And she clearly loves pussy:

Clara Oswald appreciation thread Austen10

15Clara Oswald appreciation thread Empty Re: Clara Oswald appreciation thread 15th February 2020, 3:59 pm

stengos

stengos

I think she is gorgeous. I just didn't like the character that was written for her. Contrary to others here, however, i would apply that to all the seasons she was in.

I wouldn't lick her sweaty feet either.

16Clara Oswald appreciation thread Empty Re: Clara Oswald appreciation thread 15th February 2020, 4:01 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Pepsi Maxil wrote:Some people clearly don't know what appreciation means. You're all supposed to be waxing lyrical about her!

That's why appreciation threads suck, conceptually. By definition they're only for posters to completely agree with each other in.

17Clara Oswald appreciation thread Empty Re: Clara Oswald appreciation thread 15th February 2020, 4:04 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Tanmann wrote:
Pepsi Maxil wrote:Some people clearly don't know what appreciation means. You're all supposed to be waxing lyrical about her!

That's why appreciation threads suck. By definition they're only for posters who completely agree with each other.

Shame most people dislike her on here. I'm trying to find a Clara wank buddy. Seems I'm looking in the wrong place.

18Clara Oswald appreciation thread Empty Re: Clara Oswald appreciation thread 15th February 2020, 4:06 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Who says you have to like her in order to wank about her? tongue

19Clara Oswald appreciation thread Empty Re: Clara Oswald appreciation thread 15th February 2020, 4:10 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Tanmann wrote:Who says you have to like her in order to wank about her? tongue

That's true. I do find some of her personality traits quite attractive, though. She's literally the only woman to make smugness seem sexy. I love her just as much as she loves herself.

20Clara Oswald appreciation thread Empty Re: Clara Oswald appreciation thread 18th February 2020, 1:05 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Most people say Bonnie Langford instead of Mel which leads me to believe that people's hostility towards Mel has nothing to do with the character whatsoever. Mel was resourceful and assertive unlike that whiny cow Peri who probably couldn't make a cup of tea without messing it up. She was also very loyal and was prepared to sacrifice herself for her friends:

"Leave him alone. If you kill him, you kill us too. "

She was very determined to help her friends in danger:

Ikona: "You're still determined to get in?"
Mel: "No matter what the risk!"

I just don't see what was so bad about her. Peri was considerably worse.

21Clara Oswald appreciation thread Empty Re: Clara Oswald appreciation thread 18th February 2020, 1:17 pm

The Brigade Leader

The Brigade Leader

tbh I don't care one way or another about Clara.
I think Moffat screwed up her entrance into the show when he was at the peak of his timey wimey ego trip. By the time she settled down into becoming a companion proper, she had no personality at all for a season.

However only a fool would try to argue that Jenna Coleman isn't a beautiful woman.
Ascetically I prefer her pre-pancake days before she lost weight.

Clara Oswald appreciation thread 907f09aa02348547664e8156896bf7475d203052

22Clara Oswald appreciation thread Empty Re: Clara Oswald appreciation thread 18th February 2020, 1:19 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

Pepsi Maxil wrote:

Most people say Bonnie Langford instead of Mel which leads me to believe that people's hostility towards Mel has nothing to do with the character whatsoever. Mel was resourceful and assertive unlike that whiny cow Peri who probably couldn't make a cup of tea without messing it up. She was also very loyal and was prepared to sacrifice herself for her friends:

She was also very determined to help her friends in danger:

Well personally I never had anything against Bonnie personally. I think that a lot of the fandom incrowd and panel show comedians who are my enemies as you know, were nasty to her, so I always rooted for her for that reason. I said Bonnie Langford more just to troll you. Big Grin

Mel isn't even in the top 10 weakest companions.

They would probably be.

1/Clara (season 8 onwards.)
2/ Ryan (Toisin Cole is literally a block of wood.)
3/ Yaz
4/ Graham (never got the fuss over him myself.
5/ Missy
6/Rose (Season 2 only)
7/ Danny Pink.
8/ Jackie Tyler
9/ River Song
10/ Dodo (She's not awful, but there was no time to give her any kind of personality, and she was dropped off without any fuss.)

Still the character of Mel in all seriousness was for me rubbish for the following reasons.

She was in the show at its worst period (Sorry but IMO seasons 23 and 24 are bad. Its not entirely the production teams fault as there was so much behind the scenes shit going on, but still they are both shambolic, rushed and poorly done.)

She also was intended to be annoying and shrill by JNT. He said, and you can read this in his biography that she was intended to be the type of woman who never shuts up about women's lib, but is then cowering behind the nearest man when things get bad.

He also made her deliberately wimpy, girly and helpless to annoy the feminists who had called him a sexist. (His Nurse Who comments were also designed to troll the feminists in the same way.)

Now I obviously hate feminists too LOL, but still you don't create crappy female characters to annoy them. You don't do what Moffat did (which I suppose was also create crappy female characters, but to appease them LOL.)

You just fucking ignore them and create a good show with well rounded female characters. JNT was just proving them right with his crap.

He did the same thing with Peri of course and yes Peri was an absolutely useless character. I always laugh at the bit in Mark of the Rani where she tries to help the Doctor and pushes the trolly down the hill.

I will say that Mel's chemistry with both her Doctors was far better than Peri's. Her ending was also better done too.

23Clara Oswald appreciation thread Empty Re: Clara Oswald appreciation thread 18th February 2020, 1:43 pm

The Brigade Leader

The Brigade Leader

burrunjor wrote:
5/ Missy
7/ Danny Pink.

I know these days the definition of what makes a companion a "companion" is pretty loose, but...
I think Handles is more of a companion than those two!

24Clara Oswald appreciation thread Empty Re: Clara Oswald appreciation thread 18th February 2020, 4:36 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

burrunjor wrote:
Pepsi Maxil wrote:

She was also very determined to help her friends in danger:

Well personally I never had anything against Bonnie personally. I think that a lot of the fandom incrowd and panel show comedians who are my enemies as you know, were nasty to her, so I always rooted for her for that reason. I said Bonnie Langford more just to troll you. Big Grin

Mel isn't even in the top 10 weakest companions.

They would probably be.

1/Clara (season 8 onwards.)
2/ Ryan (Toisin Cole is literally a block of wood.)
3/ Yaz
4/ Graham (never got the fuss over him myself.
5/ Missy
6/Rose (Season 2 only)
7/ Danny Pink.
8/ Jackie Tyler
9/ River Song
10/ Dodo (She's not awful, but there was no time to give her any kind of personality, and she was dropped off without any fuss.)

Still the character of Mel in all seriousness was for me rubbish for the following reasons.

She was in the show at its worst period (Sorry but IMO seasons 23 and 24 are bad. Its not entirely the production teams fault as there was so much behind the scenes shit going on, but still they are both shambolic, rushed and poorly done.)

She also was intended to be annoying and shrill by JNT. He said, and you can read this in his biography that she was intended to be the type of woman who never shuts up about women's lib, but is then cowering behind the nearest man when things get bad.

He also made her deliberately wimpy, girly and helpless to annoy the feminists who had called him a sexist. (His Nurse Who comments were also designed to troll the feminists in the same way.)

Now I obviously hate feminists too LOL, but still you don't create crappy female characters to annoy them. You don't do what Moffat did (which I suppose was also create crappy female characters, but to appease them LOL.)

You just fucking ignore them and create a good show with well rounded female characters. JNT was just proving them right with his crap.

He did the same thing with Peri of course and yes Peri was an absolutely useless character. I always laugh at the bit in Mark of the Rani where she tries to help the Doctor and pushes the trolly down the hill.

I will say that Mel's chemistry with both her Doctors was far better than Peri's. Her ending was also better done too.

Sorry if I came off as being a bit touchy. It wasn't my intention.

I agree about Season 23 being terrible, but I think Season 24 is really fun and enjoyable. It feels fresh and honestly some of the stories are very creative. Season 23 is a Williams era knock off.

25Clara Oswald appreciation thread Empty Re: Clara Oswald appreciation thread 18th February 2020, 8:31 pm

iank

iank

I don't see that at all. Season 23 is just season 22 without any of the good stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum