Bernard Marx
Boofer
33 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 24 ... 32  Next

Go down  Message [Page 17 of 32]

401Series 12 - Page 17 Empty Re: Series 12 10th February 2020, 11:38 am

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

Pepsi Maxil wrote:NuWho doesn't care about your mental health. Don't be fooled.
Vincent and the Doctor cared about people's mental health. This didn't, and the fact that a role model like the Doctor treats Graham's cancer scare in an aloof and shrugging off manner is one of the most disgusting things that NewWho has done. Doing a message like that is damaging for kids, especially ones who may be isolated from mental health issues.

402Series 12 - Page 17 Empty Re: Series 12 10th February 2020, 11:59 am

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe wrote:
Vincent and the Doctor cared about people's mental health. This didn't, and the fact that a role model like the Doctor treats Graham's cancer scare in an aloof and shrugging off manner is one of the most disgusting things that NewWho has done. Doing a message like that is damaging for kids, especially ones who may be isolated from mental health issues.
That sounds absolutely horrific. I am thankful that I steered away from this- it just summarises the utterly warped nature of this era. So much for being “for all”, the arseholes.

How is this supposed to be the same character?

403Series 12 - Page 17 Empty Re: Series 12 10th February 2020, 12:22 pm

Boofer

Boofer

BBC ONE
5.24m Countryfile (28.2%)
3.81m Doctor Who (18.8%)
6.39m Call the Midwife ((29.0%)

ITV
4.84m Dancing On Ice (25.2%)

404Series 12 - Page 17 Empty Re: Series 12 10th February 2020, 12:23 pm

Boofer

Boofer

And during dreadful weather.

405Series 12 - Page 17 Empty Re: Series 12 10th February 2020, 12:26 pm

ClockworkOcean

Dick Tater

SJWs pretend to care about mental health because it makes for a good pet cause, all while mercilessly bullying people over innocent mistakes, telling jokes they didn't find funny, or having the temerity to question their dogma. One of these days, they're going to drive a vulnerable person to suicide, if indeed they haven't already.

406Series 12 - Page 17 Empty Re: Series 12 10th February 2020, 12:50 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

ClockworkOcean wrote:

SJWs pretend to care about mental health because it makes for a good pet cause.

Indeed that's what I've been saying for years. SJWs don't seem to get it that a large part of why we hate them is because they are complete phonies.

I know this is old ground for me, but Amy Winehouse is perhaps the shining example of that.

Back in the 00s it was trendy for comedians to be nasty, so they picked on her looks in the most vicious ways possible. Its always nasty to attack people for their looks, but the fact that she suffered anorexia, bullimia, and chronic depression made it worse.

Flash forward to the 2010s and these same comedians are now promoting themselves as feminists, and worse talking about mental health awareness.

Look at this bitch Zoe Lyons making a joke about Amy cutting herself in 2008.

Here she is in the 2010s talking about destigmatizing mental health awareness.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjmpvTt9q3nAhWRQ0EAHX3PBKwQFjAAegQIBBAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Faudioboom.com%2Fposts%2F7348417-comedy-mental-health-zoe-lyons-part-2&usg=AOvVaw0tR74S6QEQBQB_9BmRa4vv

Similarly the Edinburgh Fringe who awarded her that joke, showing the world that Amy's mental health problems were to be laughed at. (its like that Simpsons joke. "Bart's pain is funny.") Are now jumping on the "lets show how much we care about mental health" bandwagon.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwiGwcLO963nAhUIXMAKHeLvBesQFjABegQICxAE&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.mhfestival.com%2Fnews%2F557-mental-health-fringe-award-returns-for-third-year&usg=AOvVaw3aGE8jV2FN0FnsOYNkRAEi

SJWs generally don't care about the issues they "champion". In a few years time when the pendulum swings back the way, they'll go back to ridiculing people in cruel ways.

407Series 12 - Page 17 Empty Re: Series 12 10th February 2020, 12:54 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

Boofer wrote:BBC ONE
5.24m Countryfile (28.2%)
3.81m Doctor Who (18.8%)
6.39m Call the Midwife ((29.0%)

ITV
4.84m Dancing On Ice (25.2%)

OUCH.

408Series 12 - Page 17 Empty Re: Series 12 10th February 2020, 1:02 pm

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

Bernard Marx wrote:
SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe wrote:
That sounds absolutely horrific. I am thankful that I steered away from this- it just summarises the utterly warped nature of this era. So much for being “for all”, the arseholes.

How is this supposed to be the same character?

Agreed. Take these dialogues from Doctors 2, 7, 8 and 11.
Second Doctor (Tomb of the Cybermen): 'No of course you won't forget your father, but your memories won't always be a sad one'
Seventh Doctor (Ghost Light): 'we all have our own terrors of the universe to face'
Eighth Doctor (Sleep of Reason): 'My time here in this asylum will perhaps not amount to much- though I say that not out of arrogance, but out of honesty. And yet, I still believe that there's some good to be done here- the chance to make a difference to a few lives. That's the most important thing'
Eleventh Doctor (Vincent and the Doctor): 'The way I see it, life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things. Or make them unimportant'

Thirteenth Doctor (Can You Hear Me): 'Don't know what you want me to say'

409Series 12 - Page 17 Empty Re: Series 12 10th February 2020, 3:24 pm

Zarius

Zarius

410Series 12 - Page 17 Empty Re: Series 12 10th February 2020, 3:25 pm

Mott1

Mott1

3.81 million?

Reminds me of Spinal Tap's manager stating they're not in decline, instead their audience is 'becoming more selective'.

411Series 12 - Page 17 Empty Re: Series 12 10th February 2020, 5:45 pm

Rob Filth

Rob Filth

Pepsi Maxil wrote:
Rob Filth wrote:
Pepsi Maxil wrote:
Has that Primeval movie gone into pre-production yet?

A Primeval movie was released in 2007.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Primeval_(film)

Wink

Not worth a watch if Hannah Spearritt isn't in it.

It is if her knickers are in it.

http://www.thefuckingobvious.com

412Series 12 - Page 17 Empty Re: Series 12 10th February 2020, 7:14 pm

Zarius

Zarius

Spoilers from Eddie tonight are concerning Mandip having nothing to do after series 12 of Doctor Who... Ed claims Mandip is carrying on through series 13, and is the only companion to be back.

Ed then claims that Yaz is actually a fob-watched Missy, who is caught and cyber-converted, then regenerates into Sascha's Master. He does state this could be bollocks, but it's from respected sources so...whatever.

He also says canon will mean a whole different thing after episode 12, that the original Doctors are the 'kelvin timeline', and Ruth's lineage is the 'correct one'

Last edited by Zarius on 10th February 2020, 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

413Series 12 - Page 17 Empty Re: Series 12 10th February 2020, 7:23 pm

Doctor7

414Series 12 - Page 17 Empty Re: Series 12 10th February 2020, 7:52 pm

Zarius

Zarius

From GB:

Some further thoughts from someone who used to work on the show:

They feel that the show is struggling to land endings and difficulty getting out of the stories they’ve set up.

Additionally they mentioned the Doctor isn’t leading the stories or generating them and the show is using too many big ideas but not being able to explore them adequately.

Regarding rumours of Doctor Who being made by someone else:

“It will never leave BBC Studios. They own it, it’s theirs and it’s one of their most profitable shows. So they won’t give that up. When it ends is up to others and various circumstances.”

Nothing is planned beyond Series 13 at this stage. “They don’t even know what they’re doing next year.“

415Series 12 - Page 17 Empty Re: Series 12 10th February 2020, 8:39 pm

The Brigade Leader

The Brigade Leader

Zarius wrote:
He also says canon will mean a whole different thing after episode 12, that the original Doctors are the 'kelvin timeline', and Ruth's lineage is the 'correct one'

This is both horrific and totally believable.

The BBC/Chibnall etc are obviously embarrassed by Doctor Who's non-diverse past with all cis white male Doctor's. What better way to completely wipe out the entire "problematic" 56 year history of Doctor Who and start again with what is essentially a reboot?

At least if does happen, there will be a clear divide between the series, and like Star Trek I can see a rebellion in the fandom. I don't think even the Eccles/Smith/Tennant fans will agree with this new "kelvin/Prime Whoniverse.

416Series 12 - Page 17 Empty Re: Series 12 10th February 2020, 8:48 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

Zarius wrote:From GB:

Some further thoughts from someone who used to work on the show:

They feel that the show is struggling to land endings and difficulty getting out of the stories they’ve set up.

Additionally they mentioned the Doctor isn’t leading the stories or generating them and the show is using too many big ideas but not being able to explore them adequately.

Regarding rumours of Doctor Who being made by someone else:

“It will never leave BBC Studios. They own it, it’s theirs and it’s one of their most profitable shows. So they won’t give that up. When it ends is up to others and various circumstances.”

Nothing is planned beyond Series 13 at this stage. “They don’t even know what they’re doing next year.“

This song springs to mind.

I could have posted the Amy Winehouse version but that would have been too obvious for me LOL. Also I think the Specials are a bit underrated. Still both versions accurately sum up not only the state of New Who, but the poisonous, self loathing Fitzroy Clique's strangle hold over this franchise.

417Series 12 - Page 17 Empty Re: Series 12 10th February 2020, 9:48 pm

iank

iank

Great ratings for this shit again. LOL

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

418Series 12 - Page 17 Empty Re: Series 12 11th February 2020, 12:53 pm

Zarius

Zarius

Fuck all revealed about series 13 at the BBC Expo this morning

https://twitter.com/doctorwhopn/status/1227211517373960192?s=21

419Series 12 - Page 17 Empty Re: Series 12 11th February 2020, 1:16 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

420Series 12 - Page 17 Empty Re: Series 12 11th February 2020, 1:28 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

I didn't want to comment on the scene until I'd seen it.

I think it could work, her admitting sadly she didn't know what to say in that moment maybe.

But the "I'm going to subtly walk toward the console" moment just feels... I dunno, like she's just showing repulsion at this attempted bonding moment. Like it's putting the blame on Graham for apparently being needy and trying to hold her to the spot with his problem, almost as though the writers see it as another form of patriarchal tyranny she has to defy by being completely cold and indifferent.

Either way it leaves a very not nice aftertaste.

421Series 12 - Page 17 Empty Re: Series 12 11th February 2020, 2:09 pm

Ludders

Ludders

Frankly, this is just another example of tedious soap opera bullshit. The whole 'trying to connect with the everyday issues of ordinary people' yawn...
Just the fact that people are reacting to this crap and reading their own little agendas into it shows how far things have fallen. It's like watching a bunch of Coronation Street or Eastenders fans. It's pathetic. Why is shit like this even iin the scripts? It's what NuWho has been doing since day one: making something extraordinary (in the literal sense of the word) into something mundane. And what's worse is that it's just accepted. People are now arguing about this mundane, trivial shit because soap opera shit is now the norm; even in a program about a supposed alien who can travel in time and space, etc...
And this is why ultimately it wouldn't have made fuck all difference beyond window dressing even if Gattis was in charge; because all this 'everyday issues' bullshit would still be there. Dr Who is part of the age of the soap opera, and until it stops being a mirror of the mundane, and reaching out to a fandom that it wants to be equally mundane; it will continue to be shite.

422Series 12 - Page 17 Empty Re: Series 12 11th February 2020, 4:25 pm

Mott1

Mott1

I just find it amusing that 1.5 times Nu Who's current audience currently tune in to see John Craven nattering on about badgers and plastic use.

423Series 12 - Page 17 Empty Re: Series 12 11th February 2020, 4:46 pm

Zarius

Zarius

Here's the BBC's official response to the complaints regarding Doctor and Graham (credit to doctorwho of GB)

Thank you for contacting us about Doctor Who: Can you Hear Me? with your feedback that it was insensitive for the Doctor to dismiss Graham’s cancer concerns.

We never set out to upset our viewers with what we show and this episode tackled some sensitive themes. The episode used dreams and nightmares to explore the inner lives of the companions. Thanks to Zellin’s nightmare powers, Ryan, Yaz, and Graham were forced to confront their worst fears, many of which relate to the way traveling with the Doctor has changed their lives.

When Graham opened up to the Doctor about his fear of his cancer returning her response was never meant to be dismissive. The Doctor’s friend was scared, and we see her struggling to deal with the severity of the situation. The intention of the scene was to acknowledge how hard it can be to deal with conversations on this subject matter. When faced with these situations, people don’t always have the right words to say at the right time, and this can often lead to feelings of guilt. By showing the Doctor struggling to find the right words, the intention was to sympathise with all those who may have found themselves in a similar position.

We hope this has helped to address your concerns, but please be assured your feedback has been raised with the programme’s Executive Producer.

Kind regards,

BBC Complaints Team
http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints

424Series 12 - Page 17 Empty Re: Series 12 11th February 2020, 5:02 pm

Zarius

Zarius

425Series 12 - Page 17 Empty Re: Series 12 11th February 2020, 5:16 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

"We never set out to upset our viewers"

Of course not Wink