Bernard Marx
Boofer
33 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 28 ... 32  Next

Go down  Message [Page 24 of 32]

576Series 12 - Page 24 Empty Re: Series 12 1st March 2020, 8:45 pm

Boofer

Boofer

I bet we get an episode next year where Ruth is declared as being between Troughton and Pertwee and that she was erased from the Doctor's history because the TimeLords went through a white supremacy stage. This will be used as the explanation as to why the Doctor appeared to be a white man for an entire cycle.

577Series 12 - Page 24 Empty Re: Series 12 1st March 2020, 8:46 pm

Boofer

Boofer

Sacha Derpwans performance was excruciatingly hammy.

He's like Buggs Bunny on speed.

578Series 12 - Page 24 Empty Re: Series 12 1st March 2020, 8:53 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

Boofer wrote:Sacha Derpwans performance was excruciatingly hammy.

Agreed he was fucking awful. I wanted to punch him throughout, not because he was evil, just because he was annoying as fuck.

579Series 12 - Page 24 Empty Re: Series 12 1st March 2020, 9:37 pm

ClockworkOcean

Dick Tater

Gallifrey Base and woke Twitter are actually praising this. Shudder

580Series 12 - Page 24 Empty Re: Series 12 1st March 2020, 9:41 pm

ClockworkOcean

Dick Tater

581Series 12 - Page 24 Empty Re: Series 12 1st March 2020, 10:07 pm

iank

iank

The last time I checked in on GB a couple of years ago, its population had been entirely replaced by the most vile, bigoted anti-male freakshows on the internet. Truly a cesspit of unadulterated scum. If they were all together in real life in one place.... well it would be a good time for a coordinated missile strike, that's all I'm saying...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

582Series 12 - Page 24 Empty Re: Series 12 1st March 2020, 10:09 pm

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

Ok, after looking at Twitter, some people are happy that there are multiple universe versions of Doctors, because it means that their self-insert Doctors are now canon as well.
Shalka Doctor is canon, Rowan is canon, that one fanfic Doctor that you thought of as a teenager is now canon. Chibnall has now let everyone's fan fictions become canon, for better or worse.

583Series 12 - Page 24 Empty Re: Series 12 1st March 2020, 10:12 pm

Kaijuko

Kaijuko

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe wrote:
Shalka Doctor is canon

Yay!  Some good has come of it, then. Big Grin

584Series 12 - Page 24 Empty Re: Series 12 1st March 2020, 10:20 pm

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe wrote:Ok, after looking at Twitter, some people are happy that there are multiple universe versions of Doctors, because it means that their self-insert Doctors are now canon as well.
Shalka Doctor is canon, Rowan is canon, that one fanfic Doctor that you thought of as a teenager is now canon. Chibnall has now let everyone's fan fictions become canon, for better or worse.
And there you go. That just cements what I said yesterday. The character can now be anything as no logical integrity exists within the programme anymore, and now it’s finally come to pass.

I’m just baffled as to why the maverick, explorer, non-conformist, anti-establishment and intellectual character devised by Verity Lambert has now become the defining deity and God behind fucking everything, thus defying her original vision completely. It’s such indulgent self-serving shite of the highest order. Add to this that almost every line in the episode was contrived exposition and talking points, and to an even more egregious degree than Hell Bent.

Who likes this shit?

585Series 12 - Page 24 Empty Re: Series 12 1st March 2020, 11:08 pm

iank

iank

Morons.

586Series 12 - Page 24 Empty Re: Series 12 1st March 2020, 11:19 pm

Eric Saywhaaat?

Eric Saywhaaat?

I think you all owe me an apology. I didn't fuck things up to that extent.

587Series 12 - Page 24 Empty Re: Series 12 1st March 2020, 11:23 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

I like the idea of a hot lady pissing in my mouth but I don't like the idea of a hack pissing all over my favourite show's legacy.

588Series 12 - Page 24 Empty Re: Series 12 1st March 2020, 11:37 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

burrunjor wrote:

Agreed he was fucking awful. I wanted to punch him throughout, not because he was evil, just because he was annoying as fuck.

Exactly. Watch Terror of the Autons and then watch Sacha's performance. Each incarnation is going to be different in some way, but they must nevertheless be recognizable as being the same guy otherwise the illusion is lost. Pertwee is clearly the same guy as Hartnell, McCoy is clearly the same guy as Troughton and so on. I can't believe that Simm, Gomez or Dhawan are playing the same character that Delgado played back in the day.

589Series 12 - Page 24 Empty Re: Series 12 2nd March 2020, 12:03 am

Boofer

Boofer

It's one thing adding to the lore of the show, or even consolidating it, but another to entirely flip the origins of the character.

Not only is the Doctor NOT from Gallifrey, they aren't even from our universe.

590Series 12 - Page 24 Empty Re: Series 12 2nd March 2020, 12:40 am

Doctor7

Still really mad at that mother fucker chibnall

591Series 12 - Page 24 Empty Re: Series 12 2nd March 2020, 1:57 am

Genkimonk

Genkimonk

Doctor who is officially dead to me. This ruined the entire series.

592Series 12 - Page 24 Empty Re: Series 12 2nd March 2020, 2:39 am

ClockworkOcean

Dick Tater

Genkimonk wrote:Doctor who is officially dead to me. This ruined the entire series.

Why? This wasn't an episode of Doctor Who. It has nothing to do with Doctor Who.

593Series 12 - Page 24 Empty Re: Series 12 2nd March 2020, 2:55 am

Genkimonk

Genkimonk

None of it made any fucking sense.

Timelords are dead, but can be converted to cybermen and THEN regenerate?

If the doctor has infinite lives, why the fuck did the timelords give HIM more?

Why didn't the cybermen just shoot when they started bragging about the trigger?

When it was clearly established that there is only 1 type 40 in operation in DA, why are there now 3?

Still, who the fuck is Ruth? Past or future? How the fuck did she get there? If future, how is she in the matrix since timelord society is dead?

Cybermen wanting to go fully machine? WHY!

FUCK THIS SHIT, FUCK IT TO HIGH HEAVEN. IT HAS BEEN INFECTED BY THE WOKE BS.

594Series 12 - Page 24 Empty Re: Series 12 2nd March 2020, 6:34 am

Kaijuko

Kaijuko

Bloody awful episode, but tbh, I can't get angry at this nonsense anymore, I just don't feel anything.  It clearly isn't any kind of Dr. Who that I recognise ( and hasn't been for a very long time) so it doesn't bother me or infuriate me like it used to.  Chibnill obviously has zero understanding of what the show is about, Whittaker's Doctor is bland and uninteresting with no discernable character while Dhawan's pantomime performance is simply irritating.

Not interested - I'm off to watch my Key To Time Box Set. Big Grin

595Series 12 - Page 24 Empty Re: Series 12 2nd March 2020, 7:35 am

Zarius

Zarius

To be fair, it was

A. The Matrix, one of the easiest things in DW to corrupt

B. The Master telling her all this

Perfect out. Chibs covered his tracks.

596Series 12 - Page 24 Empty Re: Series 12 2nd March 2020, 7:56 am

iank

iank

I'm with Kaijuko on this. It's all just so... silly now. It's not infuriating, just... lame. And kind of embarrassing.
It just needs to go away now.

597Series 12 - Page 24 Empty Re: Series 12 2nd March 2020, 8:07 am

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

And the Morbius Doctors are now canon too, in spite of the fact that the Doctor shouldn’t be able to remember previous regeneration cycles even though they literally show up on the fucking screen in The Brain of Morbius. So the Timeless Child played a part in season 13- fuck off.

Add to that the fact that this completely contradicts The Deadly Assassin, Arc of Infinity,, Mawdryn Undead, The Five Doctors, Trial of a Time Lord, The TV Movie, Name of the Doctor, Day of the Doctor, Time of the Doctor and probably several other stories I’ve forgotten to mention from TruWho and NuWho. The programme just doesn’t give a shit anymore.
“Show me the EARLIEST Doctor”- The Three Doctors.

And the character’s a God now, and always has been. The morales of stories like Mawdryn Undead and The Five Doctors are fucked. Why treasure mortality when you’re as omnipotent and all-powerful as you are? It’s such rubbish.

As for the Matrix excuse which Chibnall may try and pull, if it all ends up being fraudulent, what was the fucking point of wasting 65 minutes on this appallingly structured shite?

The First Doctor has got such an awful deal from NuWho. Clara tells him which Tardis to steal and eases his childhood fears, he was rendered a sexist caricature in Twice upon a Time, and now his unique status as the original blueprint and architect for this character has been narratively tossed aside in favour of some fuckwit’s crappy fan-fiction. The entire legacy of the original Doctor now means absolutely nothing and is now rendered a laughing stock.

598Series 12 - Page 24 Empty Re: Series 12 2nd March 2020, 8:14 am

burrunjor

burrunjor

Genkimonk wrote:None of it made any fucking sense.

Timelords are dead, but can be converted to cybermen and THEN regenerate?

If the doctor has infinite lives, why the fuck did the timelords give HIM more?

Why didn't the cybermen just shoot when they started bragging about the trigger?

When it was clearly established that there is only 1 type 40 in operation in DA, why are there now 3?

Still, who the fuck is Ruth? Past or future? How the fuck did she get there? If future, how is she in the matrix since timelord society is dead?

Cybermen wanting to go fully machine? WHY!

FUCK THIS SHIT, FUCK IT TO HIGH HEAVEN. IT HAS BEEN INFECTED BY THE WOKE BS.

So true, so true.

I must admit that even I didn't think the woke crap would destroy it to this extent.

Remember when I first came here ranting about how all the SJW shit is going to destroy DW, and a lot of people didn't believe me.

If you'd have told me that Chinballs will reveal the Doctors name, retcon it so that the actual first 8 Doctors literally appear in a blink and you'll miss it appearance, that the Doctor was originally a woman (in what is the most spiteful attempt to take a role away from men I've ever seen.) I'd have laughed in your face.

Whilst the SJWs certainly should take their share of the blame, this goes beyond even their crap.

The Flash is infected with SJW crap like the hashtag feminism, but its never destroyed the character to that extent. This is a toxic combination of self loathing fanboyism and woke culture like never before.

599Series 12 - Page 24 Empty Re: Series 12 2nd March 2020, 8:26 am

burrunjor

burrunjor

Bernard Marx wrote:
SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe wrote:Ok, after looking at Twitter, some people are happy that there are multiple universe versions of Doctors, because it means that their self-insert Doctors are now canon as well.
And there you go. That just cements what I said yesterday. The character can now be anything as no logical integrity exists within the programme anymore, and now it’s finally come to pass.

I’m just baffled as to why the maverick, explorer, non-conformist, anti-establishment and intellectual character devised by Verity Lambert has now become the defining deity and God behind fucking everything, thus defying her original vision completely. It’s such indulgent self-serving shite of the highest order. Add to this that almost every line in the episode was contrived exposition and talking points, and to an even more egregious degree than Hell Bent.

Who likes this shit?

I don't get why DW fans think that its such a good thing that the role of the Doctor is now open to everyone. That is complete fucking bollocks.

No role should be open to everyone. I don't want Xena to be open to Scottish guys like me. I don't want Batman to be a non American.

Characters are what they are, and this has just completely destroyed anything that was left of the character. The only good thing that has come out of it is that its now non canon.

PS have you seen Paul Cornell's reaction to this episode?

He is retweeting Claudia Boleyn who is saying that this episode was a fantastic comment on British imperialism.

Yeah Claudia is saying that having the Master, an Indian man reveal that Time Lord society's origins weren't as rosey as we believed is a fantastic comment on how the British empire is always made out to be a good thing. LOL

She didn't seem to get that the Master even in that shit story was the villain!

He slaughtered billions of people because he was linked to the Doctor.

Paul Cornell also retweeted Beth who said that William Hartnell would be thrilled with that story. Yep I can just imagine him being reduced to the 1082387387084730847304837380347308th Doctor is exactly what he would have wanted.

PS there were attempts to retcon Hartnell as not being the first before, but they were written out for that very reason! Brain of Morbius, it was left vague, in Power of the Daleks there would have been a deleted scene that would have revealed Pre Hartnell Doctors, but again it was cut.

Previous producers weren't quite such arrogant cunts.

600Series 12 - Page 24 Empty Re: Series 12 2nd March 2020, 8:31 am

burrunjor

burrunjor

Pepsi Maxil Foley wrote:
burrunjor wrote:

Exactly. Watch Terror of the Autons and then watch Sacha's performance. Each incarnation is going to be different in some way, but they must nevertheless be recognizable as being the same guy otherwise the illusion is lost. Pertwee is clearly the same guy as Hartnell, McCoy is clearly the same guy as Troughton and so on. I can't believe that Simm, Gomez or Dhawan are playing the same character that Delgado played back in the day.

One thing I don't get is why New Who is so determined to make the Master a contemptible cretin.

In the original the villain was always grandiose, snobbish, yet charming in some way.

Even when he was in his burned form. He was the definition of a more sophisticated, intelligent villain.

In New Who he is just a giggling moron who makes pathetic comments about people smelling, about kissing an ugly etc.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 24 of 32]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 28 ... 32  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum