You are not connected. Please login or register

Can you be remotely arsed to watch series 12?

+8
Ludders
Tanmann
Pepsi Maxil
Doctor7
The First Doctor
stengos
ClockworkOcean
Bernard Marx
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Will you be giving series 12 a shot?

Can you be remotely arsed to watch series 12? I_vote_lcap13%Can you be remotely arsed to watch series 12? I_vote_rcap 13% [ 2 ]
Can you be remotely arsed to watch series 12? I_vote_lcap87%Can you be remotely arsed to watch series 12? I_vote_rcap 87% [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 16

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Can you be remotely arsed to watch series 12? Empty Can you be remotely arsed to watch series 12? 16th December 2019, 8:38 am

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

I presume that most members aren’t remotely arsed to watch another season of this drivel, but I thought I’d make this poll anyway. Who will bother tuning in to the next season of NuPoo?

Last edited by Bernard Marx on 16th December 2019, 1:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

iank

iank

Uh.... no. I wasn't remotely arsed to watch series 11 and I won't be watching this either.
This is not Doctor Who, and that jumped up Play School presenter is not the Doctor.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

No. If you're not welcome at a party why make the effort to go?

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

Needless to say, I won’t be watching it either. I may pirate the opening episode just to see how terrible it is, but beyond that, my interest is minimal. However, I will still be interested to see the internet’s response to it, if nothing else.

I’ll also be interested to see the ratings- if it’s as much of a non-event to the general public as it seems, the ratings should be highly amusing indeed!

Last edited by Bernard Marx on 16th December 2019, 4:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

I'd rather attend a seven hour seminar on railway stations than watch one minute of Series 12.

ClockworkOcean

Dick Tater

I have no interest whatsoever in watching Series 12, or indeed any part of NuWho ever again. Just yesterday, I finally took the leap and shoved all of my NuWho DVDs, books, magazines, and all other Fitzroy-related media into a bin bag and handed it into my local charity shop. It no longer exists to me.

burrunjor

burrunjor

Not at all. They could cast Ingrid Oliver, Dana Delorenzo, Susan Wokoma, and Morven Christie and I wouldn't give a shit. Well okay maybe for that cast, but they're all thankfully in better things next year. Big Grin

The chances of an even decent episode starring this cast are slim to say the least, and Jodie's mamby pamby version has nothing to do with the Doctor. I dumped it last year and I didn't miss it at all.

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

This time last year, the trailers for Resolution had managed to still get me curious and even a bit excited enough to tune in.

Nothing I've seen so far has this time. Infact it all just feels like trailers for some other show or movie I don't recognize, and that Doctor Who has been turned completely into something it's not. It all feels so forced and empty now.

burrunjor

burrunjor

Lenny Henry is bitching about there not being enough black people in DW. In this instance the SJWs can barely wait to eat their own to such an extent, that Lenny is basically saying "Don't watch a show I'm about to be in, because it's racist."

Paul Cornell is of course white knighting for Lenny Henry.

https://twitter.com/Paul_Cornell/status/1207261224867680256

I love this, disagreeing with Lenny Henry now equates to "bullying women of colour." Is Lenny Henry a woman all of a sudden? Meanwhile Paul Cornell posts cartoons on his twitter feed, where he depicts people who don't like Jodie's abberation as wife beaters, whose wives, are eloping with Jodie fans.

That's not at all bullying behaviour. LOL LOL LOL

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Cornell is so full of shit it is scary.

Does he not know what a loo is?

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

A man who gloats about adding people to his Twitter block list is a wanker of the highest order.

iank

iank

Cornell's a cunt. And Henry's a cunt too. The guy's had more fucking opportunities in the UK than most people ever get, and still wants to play the fucking victim card.
What a cornucopia of cunts.

stengos

stengos

I understand there is a cybermen story in there. I am interested in that one.

Nothing else.

The First Doctor

The First Doctor

No. In the purest sense of that word. No.

I have not watched a single episode of season 11. The only parts of it I did see were reviews that showed that I shouldn’t. I confess there were things that tempted me, such as apparently moving away from the tedious series long arcs and a return of historicals, but two possibly interesting things do not make up for a landfills worth of bad will NuPoo has given me or the toxic nature of the staff currently in charge of it.

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

I used to really like Lenny Henry. Sad

Cornell's always been a slimy macktivist though. He sets my bullshit detector off like no-one else (and I used to think I was too naive and world innocent to have one).

Doctor7

No I am not watching sticking to true who 1963 to 1989

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Tanmann wrote:I used to really like Lenny Henry. Sad

Cornell's always been a slimy macktivist though. He sets my bullshit detector off like no-one else (and I used to think I was too naive and world innocent to have one).

Nothing makes a woman's pussy drier than the F word, though. Why don't the white knights understand that?

burrunjor

burrunjor

Cornell's attempts to show what an ultra feminist he is are cringey. I remember he used to pat himself on the back for liking Kate Bush a female singer more than any male singer. He went on about how he stood out among his friends for liking a female singer the best. LMAO, that's what it takes to be a feminist champion these days liking a female singer?

PS wasn't Kate Bush hugely popular when he was growing up anyway? Its not like she was some weird underground artist that only he knew. It would be like me saying I'm unusual for listening to Lady Gaga. Prick.

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Ask him who Kate Fagan is. It's all very well knowing who really popular singers are, but does he care about the obscure ones?

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

burrunjor wrote:

Cornell's attempts to show what an ultra feminist he is are cringey. I remember he used to pat himself on the back for liking Kate Bush a female singer more than any male singer. He went on about how he stood out among his friends for liking a female singer the best. LMAO, that's what it takes to be a feminist champion these days liking a female singer?

PS wasn't Kate Bush hugely popular when he was growing up anyway? Its not like she was some weird underground artist that only he knew. It would be like me saying I'm unusual for listening to Lady Gaga. Prick.

Basically, he's a sanctimonious snob who's not very good at justifying why he should be seen as the better kind of man, so often he just does come off as pretentious and desperate.

It might indeed be that back in the 70's and 80's, there wasn't much in the way of great regarded rock bands or adult contemporary artists that were female or female-led apart from Kate Bush. Most pics would be Genesis (and their spin-offs), Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, The Clash, Tears for Fears.

By comparison, even Madonna was not really in their league. And for the most part, female artists were the domain of disco or Stock, Aitken and Waterman.

I think most men who wanted to mark themselves apart in the 80's by favoriting a credible female artist would go for either Sade or Kate Bush. In that sense, Cornell thinks he can claim to be ahead of the curve there.

iank

iank

burrunjor wrote:

Wasn't it Lawrence Miles who basically said he was full of shit, and knew he was full of shit, but did it to get laid?

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Yeah, he don't love dem hoes...

Ludders

Ludders

In answer to the thread title:

If I don't die first. 😂
I still vaguely plan to catch up with everything, going forward from my recent rewatch of S5, but at the moment I'm still struggling to find any enthusiasm for S6, let alone 12. 😂

Fendelman

Fendelman

I quit watching it, and then started again several times since 2005: I stopped watching it first in the middle of s1, after the Long Game. Then went back to it at the beginning of s5, and watched all of s1-4 in preparation. I thought much of s5 was ok, but s1-4 with the exception of maybe a few stories (I remember liking the Impossible Planet and Blink) was complete and total shit. Then I didn't like the last story in s5 at all and quit watching again. I decided to give it another try with s8, so I went back and watched s6-7, which I thought overall was better than s1-4, but not as good as s5.

S8 occasionally looked like it might be ok, but when it was bad - it was so bad. Missy and Cyberbrig were the end for me - it seemed as if they were getting their ideas from stuff like Curse of the Fatal Death - If the show can't even remotely take itself seriously, why should I?

I haven't watched a single story of the Poo-Who since. As far as I'm concerned Doctor Who died in 89, or maybe 96 - Since 2005, it's just been a reanimated zombified corpse of a show. That said, maybe someday I'll give the Matt Smith era another chance, but there's no way in hell I'm watching Jodie...

burrunjor

burrunjor

Fendelman wrote:I quit watching it, and then started again several times since 2005: I stopped watching it first in the middle of s1, after the Long Game. Then went back to it at the beginning of s5, and watched all of s1-4 in preparation. I thought much of s5 was ok, but s1-4 with the exception of maybe a few stories (I remember liking the Impossible Planet and Blink) was complete and total shit. Then I didn't like the last story in s5 at all and quit watching again. I decided to give it another try with s8, so I went back and watched s6-7, which I thought overall was better than s1-4, but not as good as s5.

S8 occasionally looked like it might be ok, but when it was bad - it was so bad. Missy and Cyberbrig were the end for me - it seemed as if they were getting their ideas from stuff like Curse of the Fatal Death - If the show can't even remotely take itself seriously, why should I?

I haven't watched a single story of the Poo-Who since. As far as I'm concerned Doctor Who died in 89, or maybe 96 - Since 2005, it's just been a reanimated zombified corpse of a show. That said, maybe someday I'll give the Matt Smith era another chance, but there's no way in hell I'm watching Jodie...

Welcome to the Hive. Matt Smith is the best of New Who, but what came after was so terrible it sadly overshadowed it. Missy was the low point for me, below even Jodie.

Only thing I like about the Capaldi era was it gave Ingrid Oliver a boost, (and the UNIT spin off series she's in is quite good.) Other than that New Who has been a bust since 2013, almost ten years. Time for it to be put out to pasture, and based on those figures hopefully that will be sometime soon.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum