You are not connected. Please login or register

So who here is actually going to watch Jodie?

+4
Defeatment
iank
Rawkuss
Boofer
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1So who here is actually going to watch Jodie? Empty So who here is actually going to watch Jodie? 5th September 2017, 2:36 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

I won't even watch a second of her era.

Its not just because a female Doctor is a terrible idea IMO. Its the sentiment behind it that makes me not want to watch.

To me its just spitting in the face of fans who have been tarred as evil misogynists by the SJW media, simply because a lot of us are white men (even guys like fucking Ian Levine who may be many things, but he's NOT a misogynist or a bigot.)

Its also a sign of cheap sensationalism over story, and finally its only happened because the SJW fans who latched onto this show bullied everyone into doing it their way.

Not ONE of them could ever supply a reason as to why it should happen. It was all just abuse against the people who didn't want it like this

Supposedly well-meaning observers always like to come in and say that hardcore fans simply won’t accept a woman portraying the Doctor. This attitude does both the show and our fandom a disservice. While there is always a smattering of assholes to prove this type of attitude does exist, they aren’t even close to a majority. And even if it were true, we should not let the direction of the show be dictated by the worst of its fans. If a misogynistic jerk who disparagingly refers to a woman Doctor as “The Nurse” says he’ll quit watching the show, he’s exactly the type of fan we should be proud to piss off. I promise, plenty of new fans (especially ones with disposable income!) are waiting in the wings to take his place.

So they and Chris Chibnall can all go fuck themselves. I refuse to watch them vandalise one of the greatest shows on earth all because they didn't have either the brains or talent to think up their own female hero, or even just use Romana. Seriously why couldn't Romana have got her own show? That would have been brilliant and they could have done great crossovers between Romana and Doctor Who like Xena and Hercules and Buffy and Angel. But again the spitefulness from people like Whovian Feminism meant they would rather awkwardly crowbar a woman into the role of the Doctor than use Romana who was already set up, so they can all fuck off. Quite frankly I have too much respect for myself to watch a version of Doctor Who that's so anti men.

Defeatment

I don't think I'm going to be able to help myself and not be able to not watch it!
My biggest worry (Ha! "WORRY"!!) is simply all Doctor's take time to get into. I was pretty much on board with Ecceleston about halfway through the first episode.
Tennant took a few episodes.
Seriously didn't warm to Smith at all, yes even Series Five and Capaldi was the Doctor I really wanted to like even though he was dealt a really bad hand.
So I'm looking forward to being indifferent or bored by Whittaker only to get all sort of shrieks and hate directed at me. Even though if she has a weak start then that will mean she's a proper Doctor going by my reactions to the other Doctors first steps!

And suddenly nuclear obliteration in WWIII seems all the more appealing!

burrunjor

burrunjor

Defeatment wrote:I don't think I'm going to be able to help myself and not be able to not watch it!
My biggest worry (Ha! "WORRY"!!) is simply all Doctor's take time to get into. I was pretty much on board with Ecceleston about halfway through the first episode.
Tennant took a few episodes.
Seriously didn't warm to Smith at all, yes even Series Five and Capaldi was the Doctor I really wanted to like even though he was dealt a really bad hand.
So I'm looking forward to being indifferent or bored by Whittaker only to get all sort of shrieks and hate directed at me. Even though if she has a weak start then that will mean she's a proper Doctor going by my reactions to the other Doctors first steps!

And suddenly nuclear obliteration in WWIII seems all the more appealing!

Different strokes for different folks. I personally loved Matt Smith. IMO he was the closest to the classic era Doctors. He was naturally eccentric, playful, yet quite good at capturing the Doctors age.

His first series is the best of New Who IMO and Vincent and the Doctor is an absolute classic. He did suffer a bit towards the end, but that was the poor writing. Even then he and Jenna Coleman had quite a nice chemistry with each other.

I personally hope fans like you do enjoy Jodie in the role. You are genuinely neutral fans (though to be honest I personally still don't understand how anyone could be happy with a female Doctor, but that's just me)

As I've been over I just hate these people who try and pretend to be impartial either way but then only come down on those who don't want it.

I still think a Romana spin off would have been amazing. There is so much that can be done with that character and again the fact that they went for a female Doctor that's a terrible fit shows how it was made out of spite.

Boofer

Boofer

I'll watch it.

Probably with the same combination of detachment and cynicism I've had since 2006/7.

I doubt Chibnall can elevate it above the mediocrity of the last few years. It might trade off the newness and novelty of a female lead for a few episodes, but unless we see something fresh narratively, it'll just feel like new-Who in bra and knickers.

The whole thing needs to step up a level; become a proper drama with rules and restraints that lend themselves to consistency and respect for the broader canon of the show. In my opinion, this would involve a step back from the canonic psychosis of recent years, and a more intense focus of self-contained original stories featuring new enemies. If you had to use old enemies, it would mean not swamping them in the hibideejibbereedoo of speculative continuity (like all the Time War crap).

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

I'll watch. It can't be any worse than Moffat's drivel.

iank

iank

I've no doubt I'll watch the first episode. Whether its complete shit and if I can even watch her without collapsing into hysterical giggles will decide whether I can stand anymore.
I'm not even sure I'm watching the Xmas special yet, I'll wait for the reviews to hear how bad the presentation of the cosplay 1st Doctor is first...

I'm definitely going to keep calling it Nurse Who, though, just for the sheer LOL of seeing the PC nutters foaming at the mouth. LOL

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

Defeatment

I still think the casting is stupid and would need to do something really good to at least cancel most of it out!
But I'm not looking forward to the pressure of having to agree and say it's a great idea.
I would have played it a bit safer as opposed to the drastic go for broke they've done.
Yeah, there is the Christmas Special but at least I can really get out of my face that day!

burrunjor

burrunjor

Defeatment wrote:I still think the casting is stupid and would need to do something really good to at least cancel most of it out!
But I'm not looking forward to the pressure of having to agree and say it's a great idea.
I would have played it a bit safer as opposed to the drastic go for broke they've done.
Yeah, there is the Christmas Special but at least I can really get out of my face that day!

Indeed that's what makes it seem so spiteful against Old Who fans. There was no even attempt to compromise.

They could have had a black male Doctor and still pandered to the SJW, PC brigade but kept everybody else happy. Adrian Lester would have been an amazing Doctor. He's very posh and British, got a huge personality, has proven himself as being capable of carrying a series and is a big fan of the show (though at this stage the fact that he's a fan would mean he probably wouldn't want anything to do with a show that produced Death in Heaven.)

Still Adrian Lester would have been a perfectly fine choice for the Doctor who I'm sure would have made most people happy. Hell even the squee girls who just fancied Tennant probably would have been happy with Lester.

But no they had to march down that mine field and cast Jodie. Its fucking insane!

Rob Filth

Rob Filth

On one hand I have a bizarre fascination/curiosity to witness the oncoming car-crash much like I had during McCoys reign, then on the other, so arrogant, obnoxious and downright toxic have been the people who are Pro- this casting that I just feel like saying, "If I want to watch a gender-fluid parody, I'll fucking watch Mrs Brown's Boys instead!"

I find the "It was always planned and HAD to happen because the creator wished it so" reasoning behind these fucking morons so completely and utterly misinformed and so truly obnoxious along with the pathetic "Misogynist!", "Sexist!" shoebox-standing name-calling, as well as the hounding of Davison off Twitter, I certainly feel like I can't watch the first episode live on transmission.

So, the answer is "No" to live transmission as I don't wish to be counted amongst the over-night viewing figures, but "Possibly" to some point in the future, but that will be on gauging reactions to those who watched it afterwards.

http://www.thefuckingobvious.com

Zarius

Zarius

I'll watch, it's my favourite show even if I'm becoming less of a cheerleader for it, I'm sure they'll be some episodes that stick out. I've been watching Jodie's performance in "Trust Me" and I don't think she's all too bad.

Adam Ant Driver

Adam Ant Driver

Saw Trust Me and all of Broadchurch recently and she's okay, maybe a bit too timid to play the Doctor but I don't know how much of that is down to the roles rather than her acting. I can't see her pulling off the Smith/Capaldi "I am the Doctor" speeches for example but that's probably a good thing.

https://thehiveforum.forumotion.com

burrunjor

burrunjor

Zarius wrote:I'll watch, it's my favourite show even if I'm becoming less of a cheerleader for it, I'm sure they'll be some episodes that stick out. I've been watching Jodie's performance in "Trust Me" and I don't think she's all too bad.

Well the problem is not Jodie herself. I'm sure she is a fine actress, just as Michelle Gomez was a fine actress.

Its just absurd trying to crowbar her into the role of the Doctor, same way it would be absurd trying to crowbar Brian Blessed into the role of Susan or Vinnie Jones into the role of Romana. TBH if she does manage to be a decent, quirky Time Lord I'll be even more pissed. That would mean she could have been a brilliant Romana in a Romana spin off show, same way Gomez could have been an amazing Rani, but they wasted both actresses as part of a stupid divisive political agenda, and because they are shallow media whores.

Still good luck to you Zarius when watching it, but I'm with Ian Levine on this LOL.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum