Boofer
colinbakersdozen
Zarius
Rawkuss
modestmaus
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13 ... 17  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 17]

226TV Shows You're Watching - Page 10 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 13th January 2019, 2:21 pm

Boofer

Boofer

This has been slow-brewing for over a year, but Flatnose (Adam Copeland) finally gets his revenge on the banished Eyvind and his family.

Top comment: "So Edge finally turned heel again." LOL

227TV Shows You're Watching - Page 10 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 19th January 2019, 10:35 pm

TiberiusDidNothingWrong

TiberiusDidNothingWrong
Dick Tater

Rewatching the X-files for the nth time, in the background ambience. Half-way through Season 6.

- - - There are exultations in the corpse of the unremembered imo.

228TV Shows You're Watching - Page 10 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 23rd January 2019, 11:13 am

TiberiusDidNothingWrong

TiberiusDidNothingWrong
Dick Tater

I'm on Season 8 atm and I must confess that I love Robert Patrick and his character John Doggett - I struggle to comprehend why that part is so poorly regarded. A breath of fresh air honestly after seven seasons of Mulder. Lots of great episodes this season too.

229TV Shows You're Watching - Page 10 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 4th February 2019, 12:32 am

burrunjor

burrunjor

Been making my way through quite a few genre series again.

I finished Ash vs Evil Dead again last week (absolutely amazing series.) Then I watched Cleopatra 2525. This was by the usual Xena/Evil Dead crowd and it starred one of my fave actresses, Gina Torres, but it really wasn't that great. Its not bad, but kind of generic.

It has probably the worst theme of all time LOL. Gina Torres herself sings this. She's clearly not a singer. Her singing is on a par with Jodie Whittakers "acting"

You can see from that intro how this looks like a total campy, cheesefest, but its not as fun as it looks.

I am now watching the Flash series again. It holds up really well. It has among the best villains of any tv series. You can't go wrong with Clancy Brown, Tom Cavannagh, Wentworth Miller, Mark Hamill, and Tony Todd as you villains. (Wentworth Miller's character might be my fave. He is just so hammy its not true, but I love it.)

230TV Shows You're Watching - Page 10 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 5th February 2019, 9:51 pm

iank

iank

Just ordered the first set of Orson Welles: Great Mysteries (13 eps) from Network, out in a week or so. Anyone seen it? Old 70s anthology show, with the likes of Ian Holm, Peter Cushing and Donald Pleasance. Honestly, they had me at Donald Pleasance. Big Grin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

231TV Shows You're Watching - Page 10 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 9th February 2019, 10:08 pm

Mott1

Mott1

Orson Welles is the real deal! And some of our finest actors too. I'll watch those when you've finished with them Ian...!

I'm two thirds of the way thru' Dollhouse season 1. Really, really good... like Fringe, this is how you do quality sci-fi.

Edit (one day later, having seen episode 13) Oh no! Joss, what have you done? Just when it was building to a great season crescendo they threw in a crazy future dystopian nonsense, screwed around with the fates of the characters and complicated the hell out of everything! Just like they did near the end of Fringe, but at least then they'd had four good seasons of it. I hope season 2 doesn't make the same mistake, also I hope the supporting cast haven't been too badly compromised as I get the feeling they're more adept at playing the chameleon-like Actives than Eliza Dushku is...

Last edited by Mott1 on 11th February 2019, 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

232TV Shows You're Watching - Page 10 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 9th February 2019, 11:32 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

I'm watching this show where this old man kidnaps a pair of idiot teachers and locks them up in this tatty looking blue box. The running gag is that the old man (who may or not be a serial killer) can't get the teachers home. It is all rather shit, to be honest.

233TV Shows You're Watching - Page 10 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 24th February 2019, 11:14 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

Just finished the first 4 seasons of the Flash. I have to say it held up really well. It has the absolute best villains and a really strong core cast.

Its hard to believe the same people behind this fantastic series could be behind Supergirl.

Its funny as well because the Flash has a really diverse cast, but there is no SJW crap (apart from one episode.) Why they felt the need to do all that in Supergirl when they had such great female and black characters in The Flash baffles me?

At least Moffat and Chinballs are hacks so we expect it from them, but its annoying when talented people go in for all this SJW crap.

234TV Shows You're Watching - Page 10 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 2nd March 2019, 11:54 pm

TiberiusDidNothingWrong

TiberiusDidNothingWrong
Dick Tater

Watching Lost for the first time being that it's on Amazon now.

Shannon physically reminds me of my major port of attraction irl and I don't really understand why I haven't (as Boone) smashed her yet, as in rl. Seriously, what is she doing? Has she really not gotten horny yet? She seems thirsty af but she's not doing anything about it.

235TV Shows You're Watching - Page 10 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 3rd March 2019, 12:31 pm

Adam Ant Driver

Adam Ant Driver

Finishing up the first season of The Orville. Outside of a few small moments I haven't been a fan of the comedy (I've heard they cut back on it in season 2) but the show is pretty good overall. I was expecting Family Guy in a Star Trek skin and got a modern day Star Trek TOS with a coat of comedy to help sell it to the network.

https://thehiveforum.forumotion.com

236TV Shows You're Watching - Page 10 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 3rd March 2019, 10:50 pm

Mott1

Mott1

I will check out The Orville soon. Also debating Orphan Black.

We're watching Open All Hours, Bergerac and also Allo Allo episodes on Yesterday: I imagine Ian would approve!

Even the later, in my opinion inferior, editions of Allo Allo (after Hans and Maria left) knock spots off most modern sitcoms, frankly.

237TV Shows You're Watching - Page 10 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 9th March 2019, 12:13 pm

Zarius

Zarius

Found to my delight Lee Pressman (T-Bag, Spatz, Mike and Angelo) wrote the most recent episode of the Danger Mouse reboot

238TV Shows You're Watching - Page 10 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 9th March 2019, 6:43 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

I am in the middle of Arrow. A great series, really holds up. Definitely one of the best superhero series. John Barrowman is much better in this show than he was in Doctor Who, though I personally loved him in DW anyway, the role of Malcolm Merlyn definitely gives him more chance to show what a good actor he is.

He couldn't be less like Merlyn in real life. Merlyn is a villainous, deadly serious, nasty, cowardly, sleazebag who nevertheless is still motivated by the death of his wife.

As fun as Jack was, he was basically just an exaggerated version of Barrowman himself, kind of like Tom Baker and William Hartnell as the Doctor in that respect. Merlyn's definitely more of an actor part.

IMO we need an Oliver Queen to deal with the crooked politicians in our country. There's so many that I'd love to see him say "you've failed this country" too.

239TV Shows You're Watching - Page 10 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 9th March 2019, 8:31 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Takeshi's Castle. You've got to love it Big Grin

240TV Shows You're Watching - Page 10 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 11th March 2019, 8:21 am

iank

iank

Orson Welles Great Mysteries: A Very Strange Bed. In olde Paris, an inebriated young man flush with success in a seedy gambling establishment is offered a bed for the night by the proprietors to ensure his safety. But nothing is as it seems... This was a pretty good first episode for this early 70s British anthology series. Very Jonathan Creek. With a young Colin Baker, no less! Big Grin

241TV Shows You're Watching - Page 10 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 16th March 2019, 8:08 am

iank

iank

To Catch a Killer. Veteran character actor Brian Dennehy gives a chilling and unforgettable performance in this early 90s TV miniseries retelling of the true events leading to the arrest of one of America's most notorious serial killers. When a teenage boy vanishes after supposedly stepping out to talk to John Wayne Gacy (Dennehy) about a part-time job at his construction company, a tenacious police Lieutenant becomes convinced that the "successful local businessman and respected member of the community" is responsible, though others are less persuaded by the slim-at-best circumstantial evidence. But his investigation into Gacy begins to unearth a pattern suggesting something far more horrifying than anyone suspected.

Disturbing stuff.

242TV Shows You're Watching - Page 10 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 24th March 2019, 12:59 am

burrunjor

burrunjor

Started Arrow season 6 today. I'm enjoying it a lot. I think the show has been great all around. Even the much maligned seasons 3 and 4 were pretty good, though I completely agree that SPOILERS the way they wrote out Laurel was awful. One of my favourite characters and they just dumped her!

I also agree that Felicity is an awful character. She was kind of like Osgood, the cute nerdy girl in the first two seasons, but then she became Clara from season 3 onwards, the one who takes over the show, who everybody's in love with, who the writers put all the focus on etc.

Still its been a good show all around. I think the villains are really good. There's a great variety to them

I like the way they all tended to be worse in different ways.

You had Malcolm who was evil, but had some redeeming qualities like his love for his family. (As twisted as it was.)

Then we had Slade who was under the influence of a drug and wasn't evil at all normally, but was far more vicious than Malcolm when he was drugged.

Then we had Ra's Al Ghul who had a code of honour and even in some areas was a force for good in the world, but was more of a threat than the previous two combined. Also ironically his was utterly despicable to his daughter. Worse even than Malcolm.

Damian Darhk meanwhile was the biggest threat and in some ways the most sadistic, but he was genuinely good to his family. He didn't use his daughter as a pawn for his own sake like Malcolm, or abuse her like Ra's, and he later genuinely tried to find redemption.

Finally we have Promethius who was arguably the least threatening of all the villains. His plans are very low key and really just involve Oliver. Physically he is also the weakest. Slade under the influence of the rugs would kick his ass, Malcolm is way more trained, Ra's would take him out in 5 seconds, and Damian has super powers.

They'd all kick his ass, but he was by far the most evil and sadistic of all of them. He literally has 0 redeeming features and is a monster to his core. When he died I was angry that it wasn't more slow and lingering LOL.

It'll be interesting to see where they go in series 6. I must admit I am nervous about Crisis on Infinite Earth's.

I never liked Crisis on Infinite Earth's. It wrote out the multiverse (which as you know I LOVED.) I hope they don't do the same in the Arrowverse and write out the multiverse.  God I'd hate to see Supergirl in the same universe as the Flash. Its bad enough the crossovers we have now.

Case in point.

I will say as much as I like Buffy, it has a lot to answer for in popular culture. It didn't half pioneer a lot of shit, like musical episodes  (though to be fair Xena did a musical episode first, but I think Buffy's was the more influential.)

When I'm done with Arrow I'm going to try Legends of Tomorrow again. I was put off by the dull version of Vandal Savage and the SJW crap, but maybe I was too rash? I would love to see John Barrowman and the Reverse Flash and Damian Darhk as the Legion of Doom. That at least should be lots of fun.

243TV Shows You're Watching - Page 10 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 24th March 2019, 1:49 am

iank

iank

There were many musical eps long before Buffy. Jeez, even a hospital drama like Chicago Hope did one in the mid 90s!

244TV Shows You're Watching - Page 10 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 24th March 2019, 10:28 am

burrunjor

burrunjor

iank wrote:There were many musical eps long before Buffy. Jeez, even a hospital drama like Chicago Hope did one in the mid 90s!

Buffy popularized it in genre series though. The Flash, Once Upon A Time etc, al of these shows are clearly copying Once More With Feeling more than anything else. I do like Buffy, but you can see how it had a negative impact in some ways. In all fairness though a lot of the time its just people copying it and not doing it as well, see New Who. (I'm amazed and grateful that New Who never tried to copy Buffy that way. God can you imagine Jodie singing! They'd probably have her singing "ITS RAINING MEN")

245TV Shows You're Watching - Page 10 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 24th March 2019, 9:27 pm

Zarius

Zarius

Just downloaded the complete series of Captain Power and the Soldiers of the Future. Binge watched about five episodes so far...absolutely gripping, a kids show that doesn't act like it's made for kids. Helps it's written largely by J.Micheal Strazynski.

246TV Shows You're Watching - Page 10 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 25th March 2019, 4:29 pm

Boofer

Boofer

Zarius wrote:Just downloaded the complete series of Captain Power and the Soldiers of the Future. Binge watched about five episodes so far...absolutely gripping, a kids show that doesn't act like it's made for kids. Helps it's written largely by J.Micheal Strazynski.

Does it have any fucking in it?

247TV Shows You're Watching - Page 10 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 26th March 2019, 12:35 pm

Zarius

Zarius

Boofer wrote:
Zarius wrote:Just downloaded the complete series of Captain Power and the Soldiers of the Future. Binge watched about five episodes so far...absolutely gripping, a kids show that doesn't act like it's made for kids. Helps it's written largely by J.Micheal Strazynski.

Does it have any fucking in it?

It's got robot-on-woman violence and death at the end

248TV Shows You're Watching - Page 10 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 19th June 2019, 9:29 am

iank

iank

The Sweeney, in season 2 atm. Patrick Troughton just caused the death of Dennis Waterman's wife. What a cunt! What a Face Big Grin

249TV Shows You're Watching - Page 10 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 19th June 2019, 11:15 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Cobra Kai (OK, it's a web series but still)

Best series I've watched in a very long time. It does a good job blending nostalgia with new elements to make something fresh and familiar at the same time.

NuWho fans aren't going to like this. Political Correctness be damned  LOL  LOL

250TV Shows You're Watching - Page 10 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 9th July 2019, 2:48 am

iank

iank

Criminal Minds. The season 5 finale/season 6 premiere, with Tim Curry as a serial killer who's been murdering his way across the US in home invasions from city to city for decades wherever there's electricity blackouts. Robert Davi also guest stars in this cracking 2 parter, but it's Curry who predictably steals the show as the ghoulish "Prince of Darkness".

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 17]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum