Boofer
colinbakersdozen
Zarius
Rawkuss
modestmaus
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 17  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 17]

201TV Shows You're Watching - Page 9 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 17th September 2018, 8:43 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

First night without it and I miss Once Upon A Time already.

Anybody got any other suggestions. I'm thinking about maybe starting Hustle (need more Jaime Murray.) Or maybe Grimm, as its a similar fairy tale thing, or Ash vs Evil Dead. I'm also thinking about some British sci fi however too. Maybe B7 or Red Dwarf. So many decisions.

If only Rebecca Mader and Lana Parilla were in more things. I can't think of anything else Robbie Kay was in, which is a real shame. I miss his little bastard schtick.

202TV Shows You're Watching - Page 9 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 1st October 2018, 8:21 am

Zarius

Zarius

Been watching the third season of the Danger Mouse revival and they finally threw a crazy 'shipper like me a bone with an episode hinting at Squawkencluck's true feelings for Penfold. Nothing much but she almost made a move on him and he was up for reciprocating.

I downloaded the episode and made a music video out of it (password to view is penfold)

https://zaredit.wordpress.com/2018/09/29/danger-mouse-squawk-penfold-higher-love-amv/

203TV Shows You're Watching - Page 9 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 1st October 2018, 10:23 pm

iank

iank

burrunjor wrote:First night without it and I miss Once Upon A Time already.

Anybody got any other suggestions. I'm thinking about maybe starting Hustle (need more Jaime Murray.) Or maybe Grimm, as its a similar fairy tale thing, or Ash vs Evil Dead. I'm also thinking about some British sci fi however too. Maybe B7 or Red Dwarf. So many decisions.

If only Rebecca Mader and Lana Parilla were in more things. I can't think of anything else Robbie Kay was in, which is a real shame. I miss his little bastard schtick.

Person of Interest? Elementary?

Or go retro. Callan, Whodunnit, Tales of the Unexpected... I've been increasing my 70s Brit TV collection of late. Network's got a massive sale on, get to it! Big Grin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

204TV Shows You're Watching - Page 9 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 6th October 2018, 11:52 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

Been making my way through Red Dwarf. I'm enjoying it as always.

I just finished the Holoship episode. I never liked this one growing up, as it was a bit too schmoopy, but now that I'm older I can see that its a great episode. Very moving with some of the funniest moments like this.

"They've taken Mr Rimmer, Sirs they've taken Mr Rimmer"

"Quick lets get out of her before they bring him back."

Also we have a guest appearance from the 13th Doctor LOL. To be clear I was never insulting Jane Horrocks by comparing Jodie to her character Bubble. Bubble was MEANT to be an annoying, light weight moron.

Jane is a good actress. I liked her guest performance in this and also her performance in The Witches. She looked great as Nirvana Crane. Kind of an Amy Winehouse/Paloma Faith type look with the red beehive.

205TV Shows You're Watching - Page 9 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 7th October 2018, 12:51 am

iank

iank

Don Warrington's cameo is hilarious. Big Grin

206TV Shows You're Watching - Page 9 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 8th October 2018, 10:51 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

I'm afraid Red Dwarf is going to have to be put on hold. Series 7 of Once came. Didn't think it would be out this early.

Its very different so far, but I'm enjoying it. Loving this new version of Cinderella. Robert Carlyle hasn't been served well so far, but its early days yet.

207TV Shows You're Watching - Page 9 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 8th October 2018, 10:52 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

PS Lana Parilla has 1000000 times the charisma and presence that Jodie Whittaker has, yet I honestly doubt that all of the feminist fans praising Bubble's casting as finally giving women a strong role even know who the fuck she is.

Then again that's because Lana Parilla didn't have to take a role away from men to make it to the top.

TV Shows You're Watching - Page 9 PA-18766971-Cropped.jpg?crop=0,0,2432,1368&ext=

208TV Shows You're Watching - Page 9 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 10th October 2018, 6:54 am

colinbakersdozen

colinbakersdozen

recently watched through the most recent seasons of The 100 and 12 Monkeys.

Started watching Arrow, The Flash, and Supergirl.

209TV Shows You're Watching - Page 9 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 10th October 2018, 1:52 pm

Boofer

Boofer

There's only one show I want to see.

But it's a whole fucking 6 weeks away.

210TV Shows You're Watching - Page 9 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 13th October 2018, 11:38 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

Well I have to say that season 7 of Once Upon A Time was a massive disappointment.

By far and away he worst season. Its not new who bad, but yeah it really wasn't up to the standard of the first 6.

To start with it lacked a strong main villain. Gothel, Rapunzel, Ivy, Baron Samadee, etc, all took up so much time, and none of them really did anything. They were all pretty unspectacular too. The actresses and actor were all great, but they just kind of pottered about and then fucked off (Samadee's death was anti climactic.) Only Ivy really got a chance to do much, but she disappeared half way through and we don't know what happened to her. I really like the actress who played Ivy. She reminded me a lot of Dana Delorenzo, but that's about it.

It was a sign of how weak these villains where, that the 2 part finale had nothing to do with any of them or their stories! They just brought an evil alternate universe version of Rumplestiltskin back for the last two episodes in a story that was totally unrelated to the rest of the season because they knew none of their previous villains were any use. Its not like Buffy season 4 where they kill Adam in the second last episode, at least the last episode was about the fallout from that.

With this it was literally like the writers realized "oh god we can't use these guys because they're not interesting. Lets just bring bad Rumple back."

Ironically the wish realm, and evil Rumple would have been so much more interesting than any of their other story arcs, though even then it was just a retread of season 4, with the badguy wanting to rewrite history to suit him.

Also none of the characters really did anything. Zelena for instance, whilst it was great seeing Rebecca Mader back, she did bugger all in those 7 episodes.

Also they didn't resolve ANY of their lingering threads. What about Lily and Malificent? Milah and Aunty Em still trapped in the underworld?

Also the story was too needlessly complicated with all the extra alternate reality, and future and past versions of characters, I lost track of who was who. Also why the hell were they bothering with alternate versions of characters they've already had? I would have loved to see new fairy tale characters not ones they did in season 1.

Why the fuck didn't they use the Horned King? He's an amazing fairy tale villain and would have been a really strong foe for them.  No instead they went for a bad version of Rapunzel and another villain who was an absentee parent for one of the main characters.

I also wasn't impressed with the change of scenery. TBH only the last episode felt like Once.

There were still a few good points in the season however.

I quite liked some of the new characters like the new Cinderella and her daughter, and the new Hook was a bit better than the first had been for the last few seasons.

I've always said that Hook was like Spike in that he started out badass but then became a big pansy when he fell in love with the main hero, but here separate rom Emma he was able to branch out a bit. I LOVED his buddy relationship with Rumple, and his relationship with Alice was great too.

I also enjoyed the cameos from old characters. They wasted Peter Pan though. He was in it for all of two seconds. Cruella's and Robin's were fun though.

Also whilst the final was unconnected to the rest of the season, it was still a fun and in places touching episode all around. Robert Carlyle gave an absolutely sensational performance in the last episode as both the good and the bad Rumple.

Having said that, the ending made no sense. If Regina united all of the realms in the past then the whole season wouldn't have happened!

Overall I'm sad to see Once Upon A Time go despite its lackluster final season, but it had a great run all things considered.

211TV Shows You're Watching - Page 9 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 22nd October 2018, 11:24 pm

iank

iank

Have bought the complete set of the iconic 70s cop show The Sweeney, and saw the first episode last night, which I really enjoyed. I'm glad I made sure to get the remastered set too, as the episodes look very nice.

212TV Shows You're Watching - Page 9 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 4th November 2018, 8:24 pm

TiberiusDidNothingWrong

TiberiusDidNothingWrong
Dick Tater

Suits. Not quite a work of high-art, but it's pretty entertaining - with some very good episodes.

Also, Amanda Schull:

TV Shows You're Watching - Page 9 113

TV Shows You're Watching - Page 9 310

213TV Shows You're Watching - Page 9 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 8th November 2018, 7:58 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

I've been watching the first season of My Sister Sam again. An absolutely delightful sitcom that has unfortunately been left in the past by most. Considerably warm, undeniably charming and adorably jovial in its execution, the sitcom is somewhat of a forgotten family comedy gem.

214TV Shows You're Watching - Page 9 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 21st November 2018, 8:07 am

iank

iank

Saw a bit of new sci-fi show The Orville on SBS the other night. Unfortunately I didn't know it was on so I missed the first bunch of episodes, but what I saw looked like really good fun, and it's already got a second season in the US, so I think I'm gonna buy the season 1 DVD that came out here this week.

215TV Shows You're Watching - Page 9 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 22nd November 2018, 7:51 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

Watching Firefly again. What a shame Joss Whedon became an SJW as he really was one of the best genre writers in the history of tv.

Great show. Definitely should have got a longer run.

216TV Shows You're Watching - Page 9 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 25th November 2018, 8:05 am

iank

iank

Miss Marple: The Body in the Library. Miss Marple is called in when some well-to-do friends wake up one morning to find the body of an unknown young blonde girl in their library. The very first Joan Hickson Marple from 1984, and still hugely enjoyable across 2 and a half hours. Looks gorgeous on Blu ray too.

217TV Shows You're Watching - Page 9 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 25th November 2018, 10:34 am

burrunjor

burrunjor

iank wrote:Miss Marple: The Body in the Library. Miss Marple is called in when some well-to-do friends wake up one morning to find the body of an unknown young blonde girl in their library. The very first Joan Hickson Marple from 1984, and still hugely enjoyable across 2 and a half hours. Looks gorgeous on Blu ray too.

But, but, but it has a female lead and you are a sexist manbaby who can't stand female leads because you don't like the goddess Jodie! Big Grin

218TV Shows You're Watching - Page 9 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 26th November 2018, 7:50 am

iank

iank

Oh, right.

I forgot.

Big Grin

219TV Shows You're Watching - Page 9 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 26th November 2018, 11:42 am

burrunjor

burrunjor

iank wrote:Oh, right.

I forgot.

Big Grin

Glad to be of service. If only you could be more like Mr Tardis and have a proper appreciation for female heroes. I can't think of ANY female heroes or female led series he's even mentioned on twitter never mind reviewed, except for a castrated male character.

Of course to ignorant, sad man baby freaks this might give the impression that ironically he doesn't like female heroes, and the only way he can watch a female hero is if she was a guy for 55 plus years, and ironically he is now overcompensating for that by making out everyone else has a problem with female heroes.

Still he likes goddess Jodie so its YOU who needs to learn to like female heroes.

TV Shows You're Watching - Page 9 1500129534722

TV Shows You're Watching - Page 9 0

TV Shows You're Watching - Page 9 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSQJJUNz6MXMZAv2cEIMoPIepD7fQGjPP8j07LVUKP_PqHnk97Y

The most charismatic and engaging female lead of all time!

220TV Shows You're Watching - Page 9 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 26th November 2018, 7:44 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

The Tripods.

My favourite series. Gorgeous location filming, excellent music and some very glossy special effects for the time. The Tripod city still looks stunning. I still get extremely upset when I watch the "has it all been for nothing" scene at the end of Series 2 as I know nothing will ever be resolved on screen. I guess owning the third book is some consolation, but it just isn't the same.

221TV Shows You're Watching - Page 9 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 23rd December 2018, 7:49 am

iank

iank

Married With Children: You'd Better Watch Out. The first MWC Christmas episode sees the Bundy's festivities seriously marred when a Santa supposedly "flying in" to a nearby department store gets blown off course and ends up, er, splattered all over the Bundy's lawn. Seriously inappropriate Xmas lols! LOL

222TV Shows You're Watching - Page 9 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 1st January 2019, 10:30 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

Just started The Orville. I've been meaning to get round to this. I heard it was a return to old Star Trek style fun and I am a HUGE fan of Star Trek The Original Series.

So far so good. The fact that Whovian Feminism hated this (So much she said she wanted to burn down the set) madde me think it would be a good series too. Big Grin

223TV Shows You're Watching - Page 9 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 2nd January 2019, 1:28 am

burrunjor

burrunjor

iank wrote:Married With Children: You'd Better Watch Out. The first MWC Christmas episode sees the Bundy's festivities seriously marred when a Santa supposedly "flying in" to a nearby department store gets blown off course and ends up, er, splattered all over the Bundy's lawn. Seriously inappropriate Xmas lols! LOL

I know I'm late to this but I LOVE Married With Children. Peggy Bundy is the greatest female comedy character fo all time. Normally female characters tend to be the boring straight characters like Kochanski in Red Dwarf and the woman from One Foot in the Grave.

I think it stems from people not wanting to present women in a negative light out of fear of being called sexist, which is wrong, as in order to be a good comedy character you need to be a horrible person like Eric Cartman, Richie and Eddie, Bernard Black, Arnold Rimmer etc.

Peggy however gets round the usual cliche of women are wiser as she is without doubt the most vile character in the show (which is saying a lot considering how awful her husband is) and that's why she's the funniest character in the show.

This line of hers was always my favourite.

"Al you can be so selfish. Remember that night the car fell on you. Boy I got a lot of sleep that night. I can't feel my legs, I can't feel my legs! You are such a baby sometimes."

I LOVE Katey Sagal so much. Legendary actress. Peggy along was enough, but then she's also got Leela one of my favourite heroines, and Gemma Teller from Sons of Anarchy. You couldn't get three more different characters, but she is perfect as all 3.

224TV Shows You're Watching - Page 9 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 2nd January 2019, 12:18 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? Happy to see this back on telly again although the questions seem to be set on easy mode.

225TV Shows You're Watching - Page 9 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 6th January 2019, 7:42 am

iank

iank

X Files: Blood. This chilling season 2 episode about ordinary people driven to madness and murder by subliminal messages in their electronic devices seems more chillingly plausible in today's world than it did then. Classic stuff.

KILL 'EM.

KILL 'EM ALL! 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 17]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum