Boofer
colinbakersdozen
Zarius
Rawkuss
modestmaus
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 17]

251TV Shows You're Watching - Page 11 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 9th July 2019, 10:09 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

iank wrote:Criminal Minds. The season 5 finale/season 6 premiere, with Tim Curry as a serial killer who's been murdering his way across the US in home invasions from city to city for decades wherever there's electricity blackouts. Robert Davi also guest stars in this cracking 2 parter, but it's Curry who predictably steals the show as the ghoulish "Prince of Darkness".

You don't have to sell me on Tim Curry Big Grin I don't think you have to sell anyone on Tim Curry.

An amazing actor all around and always my top choice for the Doctor when I was a boy.

252TV Shows You're Watching - Page 11 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 9th July 2019, 10:12 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

burrunjor wrote:
iank wrote:Criminal Minds. The season 5 finale/season 6 premiere, with Tim Curry as a serial killer who's been murdering his way across the US in home invasions from city to city for decades wherever there's electricity blackouts. Robert Davi also guest stars in this cracking 2 parter, but it's Curry who predictably steals the show as the ghoulish "Prince of Darkness".

You don't have to sell me on Tim Curry Big Grin  I don't think you have to sell anyone on Tim Curry.

An amazing actor all around and always my top choice for the Doctor when I was a boy.

253TV Shows You're Watching - Page 11 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 9th July 2019, 10:16 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

Commander Maxil wrote:
burrunjor wrote:

You don't have to sell me on Tim Curry Big Grin  I don't think you have to sell anyone on Tim Curry.

LOL LOL LOL

That performance was excellent, but it was his performance as Wadsworth that made me think he'd be ideal Doctor material. His mad cap energy, constant running about, big deep booming ENGLISH voice and wild dancing eyes are reminscent of Tom Baker in his prime.

He was one of Leonard Nimoy's top two choices alongside Alan Rickman for his proposed DW movie. Shame it never happened. Nimoy could have hardly made a worse job of it, and it would be an amazing way to link the two greatest sci fi franchises of all time.

254TV Shows You're Watching - Page 11 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 10th July 2019, 11:14 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Best show ever. I dig karate chicks! Also @0:58 you gotta be grabbing that shit, bro.

255TV Shows You're Watching - Page 11 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 16th July 2019, 10:33 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

Just finished Feud about Bette Davis and Joan Crawford's notorious animosity towards one another.

Really great drama all around. I'd strongly recommend it. It does feel a bit too pro Joan Crawford tbh. No matter what the circumstances, she always comes across as more sympathetic. Even in circumstances where she was more vindictive like during the infamous Oscars row, she is portrayed as more pitiful than Bette who in her worst moments just comes across as a bully.

In real life I don't think either came off well, but this is just a bit too one sided perhaps?

I'm definitely going to watch Whatever Happened to Baby Jane again. Not seen it in yearsand its a classic horror film, on a par with some of the best Hammer and Universal flicks.

One thing that wasn't touched on which is strange in this day and age, is Joan's supposed attraction to Bette.

Of the two of them, Bette was the instigator of the feud at first. She resented Joan for winning the affections of a Franchet Tone, who Bette was in love with. (Joan didn't do anything wrong in this respect IMO. Its not her fault he liked her more.)

Joan at first didn't hate Bette. In fact she was smitten with Bette and allegedly even said. Franchot isn't interested in Bette, but I wouldn't mind giving her a poke if I was in the right mood,

As time went on however, Joan grew to hate her and took it way out of hand, but still its bizarre and refreshing given the hack, cliche thing to do these days is reduce all adverserial relationships to "they both want to fuck each other", that the writers didn't decide to make that rumour the be all and end all of everything in the drama, which would have been boring.

I think there undoubtedly is truth to the rumour about Joan and Bette and I wouldn't object to it being touched upon, but obviously there were more interesting aspects to their relationship, which the docu touched on brilliantly.

256TV Shows You're Watching - Page 11 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 4th August 2019, 2:35 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

I caught a bit of John Cleese's sitcom "Hold the Sunset" this afternoon. I didn't think it was that terrible.

257TV Shows You're Watching - Page 11 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 6th August 2019, 4:53 pm

Doctor7

Faulty towers is a good John cleese show.

258TV Shows You're Watching - Page 11 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 6th August 2019, 6:36 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Indeed. The BBC will never make a great sitcom like that ever again.

259TV Shows You're Watching - Page 11 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 6th August 2019, 7:09 pm

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

A sad state of affairs indeed- Fawlty Towers is brilliant. The BBC had some degree of integrity at the time when it came to comedy, and have since lost that completely in favour of pure mediocrity.

260TV Shows You're Watching - Page 11 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 6th August 2019, 7:12 pm

REDACTED

Decided to finally after a while check out the original UK Office and see if its any good or a bunch of overrated bollocks...

261TV Shows You're Watching - Page 11 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 6th August 2019, 7:42 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Mercury wrote:Decided to finally after a while check out the original UK Office and see if its any good or a bunch of overrated bollocks...

What did you think of it?

262TV Shows You're Watching - Page 11 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 6th August 2019, 8:07 pm

REDACTED

Just finished the first 2 episodes. its good and quite amusing but not piss funny....

What do you think of it?

263TV Shows You're Watching - Page 11 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 6th August 2019, 8:09 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Mercury wrote:Just finished the first 2 episodes. its good and quite amusing but not piss funny....

What do you think of it?

Not a fan although I will admit that Ricky Gervais did make me chuckle from time to time.

264TV Shows You're Watching - Page 11 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 6th August 2019, 11:15 pm

stengos

stengos

The Twilight Zone. Original series from 1959 to around 1966.

Series 1 was very good with some very interesting stories. Likewise series 2.

I am half way thru series 3 and it somehow doesn't feel as entertaining. Not sure why but the stories seem to have lost their sparkle. A young Robert Redford was Death yesterday. I think. If i understood the story properly.

Two more full seasons to go. I think Series 4 changes to 50 minute episode. At this stage i am not sure that format will work. Seems a bit to long to me.

265TV Shows You're Watching - Page 11 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 6th August 2019, 11:49 pm

iank

iank

Columbo: A Stitch in Crime. Columbo takes on Mr Spock in this thoroughly entertaining installment, as Leonard Nimoy guest stars as a dastardly doctor who plots to kill a colleague to advance his own career, and then knocks off a nurse who figures out what he's up to. Can Columbo bring him down? Well, of course he can. It's only logical. Wink

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

266TV Shows You're Watching - Page 11 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 7th August 2019, 11:49 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Doctor7 wrote:Faulty towers is a good John cleese show.

Speaking of Cleese, this is still one of my favourite scenes from Who:

267TV Shows You're Watching - Page 11 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 7th August 2019, 7:25 pm

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

Infinity Train. A ten-part miniseries on Cartoon Network that follows a 13 year old girl named Tulip running away from home after her parents divorce, and finds herself trapped on a mysterious supernatural train, with each carriage having a different universe.

While I was bummed that this is a miniseries, that doesn't stop it from being a great time so far. The atmosphere and animation are absolutely gorgeous, each episode so far feels distinct and unique, being a horror-based story one episode, and being lighthearted in another episode, with imaginative concepts in each episode. The characters feel real, natural and I relate to Tulip incredibly hard, especially that scene where she argues with her mom about the divorce.

I'm really loving this so far, hoping the next six episodes are just as strong.

268TV Shows You're Watching - Page 11 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 7th August 2019, 8:31 pm

REDACTED

Decided to give up on The Office and re-watch Whatever Happened To The Likely Lads.

A brilliant comedy sequel to the underrated 1960s classic comedy and a show I have many fond childhood memories of.

269TV Shows You're Watching - Page 11 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 7th August 2019, 8:36 pm

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

Mercury wrote:Decided to finally after a while check out the original UK Office and see if its any good or a bunch of overrated bollocks...
It's weird, because it was essentially the one to start that form of documentary-esque comedy, and I love shows that use this formula such as Parks and Recreation, Modern Family or Brooklyn Nine Nine. But I'm not fond of either versions of The Office. It's too dry for my liking and don't feel like comedies, more like actual documentaries.

270TV Shows You're Watching - Page 11 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 7th August 2019, 10:21 pm

iank

iank

Mercury wrote:Decided to give up on The Office and re-watch Whatever Happened To The Likely Lads.

A brilliant comedy sequel to the underrated 1960s classic comedy and a show I have many fond childhood memories of.

I only found that last year. Loved it. Big Grin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

271TV Shows You're Watching - Page 11 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 7th August 2019, 10:55 pm

REDACTED

Its definitely one of the most underrated classic BBC comedies out there.

272TV Shows You're Watching - Page 11 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 8th August 2019, 1:42 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

burrunjor wrote:
Commander Maxil wrote:
burrunjor wrote:

LOL LOL LOL

That performance was excellent, but it was his performance as Wadsworth that made me think he'd be ideal Doctor material. His mad cap energy, constant running about, big deep booming ENGLISH voice and wild dancing eyes are reminscent of Tom Baker in his prime.

He was one of Leonard Nimoy's top two choices alongside Alan Rickman for his proposed DW movie. Shame it never happened. Nimoy could have hardly made a worse job of it, and it would be an amazing way to link the two greatest sci fi franchises of all time.  

I really liked his performance in The Shadow.

273TV Shows You're Watching - Page 11 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 24th August 2019, 9:22 pm

Calvin Klein

Calvin Klein

Commander Maxil wrote:I've been watching the first season of My Sister Sam again. An absolutely delightful sitcom that has unfortunately been left in the past by most. Considerably warm, undeniably charming and adorably jovial in its execution, the sitcom is somewhat of a forgotten family comedy gem.

Shame the show got canned. I always did love those crazy Russell sisters. Patti was quite cool!

274TV Shows You're Watching - Page 11 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 24th August 2019, 9:57 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Calvin Klein wrote:
Commander Maxil wrote:I've been watching the first season of My Sister Sam again. An absolutely delightful sitcom that has unfortunately been left in the past by most. Considerably warm, undeniably charming and adorably jovial in its execution, the sitcom is somewhat of a forgotten family comedy gem.

Shame the show got canned. I always did love those crazy Russell sisters. Patti was quite cool!

The Russell sisters were simply adorable! Yes, Patti is actually my favourite sitcom character of all time. I particularly enjoy the episode where she gets her driver's licence. I love it when the car flies over the Golden Gate Bridge and crashes into Sam's apartment. I know it's just a dream sequence but who cares Big Grin

275TV Shows You're Watching - Page 11 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 29th August 2019, 12:47 pm

REDACTED

Bottom (1991-95)

My favorite comedy series of all time and definitely Rik Mayall and Ade Edmondson at their most demented best.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 17]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum