Boofer
colinbakersdozen
Zarius
Rawkuss
modestmaus
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 17]

126TV Shows You're Watching - Page 6 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 25th July 2018, 11:56 am

Boofer

Boofer

Deadliest Catch. Once a week I need to feel like the wet lettuce I am by watching big, strong mad men fuck about with dangerous equipment on the Bering Sea,

Currently on the end of season 14.

127TV Shows You're Watching - Page 6 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 25th July 2018, 10:34 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Sick Note. A moderately amusing Sky comedy starring Rubert Grint and Nick Frost.

Daniel Glass pretends he has cancer. He initially revels in all the attention and respect he receives from his work peers and girlfriend but things go a bit sour when his best mate ends up learning the truth of the matter. He is subsequently killed in an "accident." With the help of his bumbling doctor, Daniel must make sure that no one else uncovers the truth.

Season 2 is tomorrow! Lindsay "hot pants" Lohan is joining the cast.

128TV Shows You're Watching - Page 6 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 26th July 2018, 10:04 am

burrunjor

burrunjor

Onto Primeval series 4, finished the first 3 episodes last night.

Okay first off the way they wrote Laila Hotass off was just terrible. Such a waste of a great character. I know the actress left, but killing her off in such a blaze way where no one cares really didn't feel right.

Still other than that the series is just as good as it ever was. Sadly the general consensus seems to be that Primeval shouldn't have been brought back, but I disagree.

The stories are still just as clever as always, they've really developed the characters like Abby and Connor nicely after their ordeal. Also I like the way James Lester has changed somewhat too, becoming more openly fond of his team, but not to the point where he loses the sarcastic streak that made him so enjoyable.

The new leading man Matt Anderson is definitely more conventional than Dougie or Danny. I can see why people would find him blander. Dougie was basically the third Doctor/Quatermass, and Danny was a great impulsive man of action, so yeah Matt who is just a standard good guy isn't as exciting.

Still I do quite like his humour and rapport with the team (particularly Becker) and he's competent enough to do the action scenes, so I don't think he drags the show down at all.

Onto the one with the mammal like reptiles in the school tomorrow. I remember this as being a very dark one. Looking forward to it.

129TV Shows You're Watching - Page 6 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 26th July 2018, 2:43 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

Rawkuss wrote:Anyone remember Scrubs? I just saw a meme on FB. God that was good.

Yeah I remember Scrubs. Might give it a rewatch as I haven't seen it in ages, but I was a big enough fan in the day to get them all on DVD.

I think it was consistently good throughout its entire run. A wonderful mix of some really quite powerful drama and emotional content, and light hearted surrealist humour.

Why didn't Zach Braff go far? He was almost like an American Rik Mayall, the way he really didn't mind looking like a total prick lots of times LOL.

Some little gems from Scrubs.

the only appropriate way to respond to a feminist Big Grin

130TV Shows You're Watching - Page 6 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 26th July 2018, 8:43 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

Just finished the one in the school. Very dark episode. The little girl being eaten was really bold, but it served a purpose in the story so I don't think it was tasteless.

I liked Lester saving the Mammoth because it saved him from the future predator. Reminds you how far the show has come since the Dougie days.

Just sad I'm coming to the end of Primeval now, though I've also got the American version which I've only seen once. Definitely going to give that a watch when I'm done series 5.

IMO Primeval can hold its own with Blake's 7, Red Dwarf, and even in some cases Classic Who.

131TV Shows You're Watching - Page 6 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 26th July 2018, 10:55 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

Okay just finished series 4 of Primeval. I remembered the two big twists from last time, but still it was great seeing Danny again. Just such a shame that he never came back and his story is left hanging in the air. Did he go back to the time of the Terror Birds or Victorian England?  

Roll on series 5. From what I can remember there's some real classics here, like the Raptor in Victorian England and the Liopluerodon episode.

132TV Shows You're Watching - Page 6 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 27th July 2018, 8:10 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Binge watched the entire season 2 of Sick Note yesterday. I usually wait until they air normally on Sky but I just couldn't wait. It was a big improvement over the first series. The cliffhanger ending indicates that Sky is indeed renewing it for yet another series.

133TV Shows You're Watching - Page 6 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 29th July 2018, 1:02 am

burrunjor

burrunjor

Finished Primeval season 5. Fantastic end to the series.

My fave two episodes were probably the sea monster one and the Raptor ep. Got a real Sea Devils vibe with the sea monster episode, with the petty by the book figure of authority wanting to launch a nuclear strike against the anomaly. I could easily imagine Jon Pertwee chewing him out, not that Ben Miller didn't do a good job. "I have Doctor Strangelove on Blue Ray". That bit made me laugh.

I also liked the season finale. T-Rex is my favourite Dinosaur so it was great to see it in all its glory rampaging its way through London.

Philip also turned out to be a great villain. I liked the way that unlike Helen he was genuinely sympathetic.

He genuinely wanted to help the world, but was ruthless in doing so and willing to sacrifice innocent lives for the greater good. However ultimately he was also willing to sacrifice his own life without a seconds hesitation. It was all the more tragic that his sacrifice was for nothing!

The final cliff hanger really creeped me out. Whilst I can understand people being annoyed at not finding out what it meant, in some ways I actually prefer that. Its so much more frightening not knowing what his double meant, what had happened to him, or where he vanished too!

Overall I can safely say that Primeval is easily one of the best British sci fi series of all time. It can't compete with Classic Who obviously, as Classic Who has such a long and rich history, but I'd rate it within the top 10 and possibly the top 5.

If you don't count the Avengers and the Prisoner as sci fi, then Primeval easily makes the top 5 British sci fi shows IMO.

Its embarrassing when you compare New Who to Primeval. The wrong show finished that much is certainly true, however I wouldn't want Primeval to get brought back, because the SJWs would completely ruin it.

The SJWs have to take over everything and they have their talons locked around the sci fi genre (because it is easy to bully.) Star Wars, Star Trek, Doctor Who, Marvel, DC, all of these things have been vandalised and destroyed by these cunts, so Primeval, which finished before this SJW nonsense begun, got a lucky escape IMO.

The only regret I can say about Primeval is that Laila Hotass should have been a main character right until the end. Other than that, classic series that still holds up.

134TV Shows You're Watching - Page 6 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 29th July 2018, 1:05 am

burrunjor

burrunjor

Roll on Primeval New World. Only seen this series once, and I quite enjoyed it at the time. Not a lot of fans of the original seem to have a high opinion of it however. Andrew Lee Pots, despite guest starring in it, twice, said he thought it was shit when I talked to him at a convention (he's a great guy BTW, chatted with him for a good 10 mins, he was so friendly. Easily one of the best guests I've ever met at a convention alongside James Marsters.)

Will be interesting to see what it brings to the Primeval franchise.

135TV Shows You're Watching - Page 6 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 29th July 2018, 10:29 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

Just finished the first three episodes of Primeval: New World. So far I have to say that it's a pretty good series. The characters are reasonably likable. Not as interesting as the British characters, but they haven't had as much time yet.

The monsters are just as spectacular, and the stories are just as interesting and clever. The bugs one was the scariest so far. Really tight, claustrophobic story. The bit where the female pilot got killed was REALLY shocking and dark.

The premise of Primeval was just so fantastic. Its really the Doctor Who of Dinosaur fiction in that it has the widest premise.

Everybody loves Dinosaurs but they can be hard to use, as obviously you have to find some way to bring them back.

Most people tend to follow the Lost World formula of having Dinosaurs survive in some little remote island, valley somewhere. They might vary it, like have it be in the old West or something, or introduce a new monster like King Kong, but the principle is the same.

Very few Dinosaur stories have ever managed to go beyond the Lost World formula. The few that have like Godzilla which added the atomic age aspect, or Jurassic Park which added the Frankenstein's monster aspect of man making these monsters, and tampering with nature really stood out.

Primeval meanwhile not only stood out by adding the time travel aspect, but it also ended up incorporating all of the previous types of Dinosaur stories.

In Primeval you can have a lost world story. All you need do is have our heroes get trapped in the past like Connor and Abby. You can also have Godzilla type stories, as all you need to do is have an anomaly open up in the city and have a big Dinosaur rampage through it. And you can also have people tamper with the anomaly's and the creatures, allowing you to do Jurassic Park type stories.

On top of that, Primeval can have Dinosaurs pop up anywhere, in shopping malls, people's kitchens, amusement parks, theatres, submarine's, etc. You can also bring them into any time.

You can have an Allosaurus rampage its way across the beaches on D-Day,  Spinosaurus in ancient Rome tearing centurians apart, Pteranodon's attacking Napoleon's men, Raptors stalking people in the foggy streets of Victorian England.

You can even bring Dinosaurs into the future and have them fight all new kinds of monsters.

Hell you could even have anomalies open up in time and space too, and have weird alien monsters. I'd love to see one open up to ancient Mars, and have some weird Martian animal fight a Triceratops!

Primeval is just such an inspired premise and its so annoying that cunts like RTD and his sychophants bashed it for the pettiest of reasons (its racist! PS the creators of Primeval never used a disgusting phrase like Ming Mongs!)

Primeval will be brought back IMO sooner or later. Someone will realise that there is no better premise for Dinosaur stories, same way there is no better premise for sci fi stories than Doctor Who itself. I just hope its in a few years when this identity politics crap's grip on the sci fi genre has faded. As it stands Primeval along with Blake's 7 and Red Dwarf is one of the few sci fi series these cunts haven't vandalised.

136TV Shows You're Watching - Page 6 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 30th July 2018, 10:55 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

Okay finished another three episodes of Primeval: New World.

So far so good. I liked the one with the Gorgonopsids the best. I LOVE Gorgonopsids (Synapsid's are so underrated. Such fascinating animals.)

I was really shocked when one of the main guys girlfriends got her throat ripped out. Though TBH in hindsight it seemed quite obvious, as they were being such a lovey dovey, schmoopie couple at the start that it was obvious she was going to die.

The next two episodes were both Raptor eps. I enjoyed them, but for the second in the woods I wish they had used an Allosaurus instead. The Ornitholesties wasn't quite as menacing. Allosaurus is one of my absolute favourite Dinosaurs, and I'm really annoyed it didn't get a chance to be in Primeval.

137TV Shows You're Watching - Page 6 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 1st August 2018, 10:37 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

Finished Primeval New World.

Overall good spin off series. Not as good as the original, but it didn't have as long a run. I think it could have been had it been given a decent run. One of the great wasted opportunities in sci fi history.

Well I can safely say that overall not only does Primeval hold up, but its easily one of the greatest British sci fi series of all time. In fact I'd go as far as to say that the anomalie's are the best story telling device since the TARDIS itself.

Really hope it gets a revival soon. Its laughable that anyone would compare New Who to this.

138TV Shows You're Watching - Page 6 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 3rd August 2018, 10:53 pm

iank

iank

Currently rewatching season 5 of Dexter. I had no idea - mainly cause I had no idea who he was the last time I watched this - that Jonny Lee Miller is the main villain of this season (a rich and famous "motivational speaker" who's also the leader of a pack of serial rapist-killers). Having become completely addicted to Elementary the last couple of years, and gotten so used to him as Holmes, it's so bizarre seeing him as this cold-blooded psychopath (complete with American accent)! LOL

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

139TV Shows You're Watching - Page 6 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 4th August 2018, 12:34 am

TiberiusDidNothingWrong

TiberiusDidNothingWrong
Dick Tater

I've seen Dexter a few times - it's definitely entertaining if not consistently great.

That said, the latter half of the show is considered poor - where I found it mostly fine aside from the depressing eighth. Season seven might be my favourite out of all of them.

Season five was pretty good, if uninspired.

140TV Shows You're Watching - Page 6 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 6th August 2018, 10:02 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

Started Once Upon A Time again. Great series. Only two episodes in but its as good as I remember.

LOVE the Evil Queen. Lana Parilla is a brilliant actress. Really complex performance. She can be really evil, yet really quite vulnerable too.

I also forgot about the Red Riding Hood that looks like Amy Winehouse too. Hope she gets a bigger role as the series goes on. From what I can remember she has a few story arcs.

Every time I watch Robert Carlyle as Mr Gold I get annoyed when I think back to what a great Master he would have been opposite Peter Capaldi. He would have been a great Doctor too though. He is actually not unlike Hartnell. With his long hair, grumpy demeanour and cane that he uses to batter people about LOL. Robert Carlyle and William Hartnell are masters at cane fu.

141TV Shows You're Watching - Page 6 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 7th August 2018, 9:49 pm

Mott1

Mott1

Buffy, currently on s4. Despite the odd clunky episode (Beer Bad, Restless) it remains a wonderful adventure. Can't really see how a reboot will improve it, but I hope to be surprised (and not in a Nu Who way). And wouldn't Anthony Head have made a good Doctor, potentially?

142TV Shows You're Watching - Page 6 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 7th August 2018, 10:48 pm

iank

iank

But... but... the new one's going to be more DIVERSE!

That's all that matters. Rolling Eyes

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

143TV Shows You're Watching - Page 6 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 7th August 2018, 10:53 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

Mott1 wrote:Buffy, currently on s4. Despite the odd clunky episode (Beer Bad, Restless) it remains a wonderful adventure. Can't really see how a reboot will improve it, but I hope to be surprised (and not in a Nu Who way). And
wouldn't Anthony Head have made a good Doctor, potentially?

Yes he would.

Always said a 21st century Doctors list should have gone like this.

Ron Moody as the Troughton, McCoy style whimsical, madcap Doctor with a manipulative streak.

Dylan Moran as the angry, grumpy, eccentric William Hartnell, Colin Baker style Doctor.

Tim Curry as the Tom Baker style, crazy, wild eyed Doctor.

Tony Head as the Jon Pertwee style, deadly serious, much older, but can still kick your ass older Doctor.

Also obviously keep Matt Smith too.

Had they done that then IMO 21st century Who could have been as good as the original (as long as the Fitzroy Tavern crowd were never allowed within a billion light years of it.)

I think Buffy season 4 was better than people give it credit for. The first 4 seasons of Buffy IMO are gold. Its season 5 when it begins to lose the plot a bit, with the whole misjudged Buffy/Spike romance. That's their first big misstep IMO.

144TV Shows You're Watching - Page 6 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 7th August 2018, 10:55 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

iank wrote:But... but... the new one's going to be more DIVERSE!

That's all that matters. Rolling Eyes

This cartoon sums up the bullshit diversity agenda brilliantly.

145TV Shows You're Watching - Page 6 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 7th August 2018, 11:04 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

Just finished the first Rumplestiltskin origin episode of Once Upon A Time where we find out how Rumple became the Dark One. Really powerful, nuanced and terrifying in parts performance from Robert Carlyle.

146TV Shows You're Watching - Page 6 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 11th August 2018, 11:18 am

Adam Ant Driver

Adam Ant Driver

American Horror Story. I tried watching it when it first came out but gave up in the middle of season 3, which is where I'm up to now. It's much better binge watching it than it was an episode a week. Lots of camp fun, twists and a fair share of creepy imagery.

TV Shows You're Watching - Page 6 Tumblr_n7y7zeUxdY1r70le6o1_500

https://thehiveforum.forumotion.com

147TV Shows You're Watching - Page 6 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 11th August 2018, 9:47 pm

Adam Ant Driver

Adam Ant Driver

burrunjor wrote:Started Once Upon A Time again. Great series. Only two episodes in but its as good as I remember.

I noticed that's on Netflix too so I might give that a go while I'm giving shows a second chance. I gave up halfway through the first or second episode when I originally tried to watch it, not really a Disney fan but I've heard it takes influence from the old Grimm tales as well as the Disney films.

Is there a certain point where you know for sure you like the series and should give up and accept the show isn't for you if you're getting nothing from it by then?

https://thehiveforum.forumotion.com

148TV Shows You're Watching - Page 6 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 12th August 2018, 10:41 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

Still working my way through Once Upon A Time. I just finished the one that told the origin of the man in the mirror from Snow White. I remembered that one from the first time. God the man in the mirror was such a prick. I loved his final wish backfiring on him. I know Lana Parrila is hard to resist, but come on here! He really shouldn't have been that stupid.

Still it could be worse. He could be a male feminist LOL.

149TV Shows You're Watching - Page 6 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 12th August 2018, 10:47 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

Adam Ant Driver wrote:
burrunjor wrote:Started Once Upon A Time again. Great series. Only two episodes in but its as good as I remember.

I noticed that's on Netflix too so I might give that a go while I'm giving shows a second chance. I gave up halfway through the first or second episode when I originally tried to watch it, not really a Disney fan but I've heard it takes influence from the old Grimm tales as well as the Disney films.

Is there a certain point where you know for sure you like the series and should give up and accept the show isn't for you if you're getting nothing from it by then?

Well I'm not sure how to answer that. We have VERY different tastes. I personally was hooked from the start, first and second time round.

I'd say though give it a try for the first 12 or so episodes. All the eps I've seen so far have been really good, but the best would have to be the Rumple origin episodes. Robert Carlyle is absolutely phenomenal in it. Tragic and frightening at the same time.

Season 2 and 5 were the weakest from what I can remember, whilst 1 and 3 were the strongest, and 4 and 6 were really good. Not seen series 7 yet however.

150TV Shows You're Watching - Page 6 Empty Re: TV Shows You're Watching 19th August 2018, 10:34 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

Finished the first series of Once Upon A Time. Good first series overall. A lot of great characters sadly from what I can remember who didn't appear later because the actors go cast in other series, like the Mad Hatter.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 17]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum