Defeatment
32 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 12 of 40]

276Series 11 - Page 12 Empty Re: Series 11 19th July 2018, 6:44 pm

TiberiusDidNothingWrong

TiberiusDidNothingWrong
Dick Tater

The trailer was hilarious. Introduced during - of all things to appeal to NuWho fans - the World Cup, with a bad joke and zero enthusiasm: how poetic. I was half-watching at the time and didn't figure it to be a Doctor Who trailer until the end - then I laughed.

277Series 11 - Page 12 Empty Re: Series 11 19th July 2018, 7:41 pm

Zarius

Zarius

278Series 11 - Page 12 Empty Re: Series 11 19th July 2018, 8:33 pm

TiberiusDidNothingWrong

TiberiusDidNothingWrong
Dick Tater

Zarius wrote:
There will be no two parters this series, all 10 episodes are standalone.

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/doctor-who/news/a861904/doctor-who-season-11-no-two-parters/

Christmas special confirmed. Humbuggery.

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/doctor-who/news/a861956/doctor-who-series-11-has-christmas-special/

Sounding good. The single 45-minute format was always the star of the show of NuWho: less boring world-building, plot, and characterisation. The Christmas specials are always the highlight of the year, too.

279Series 11 - Page 12 Empty Re: Series 11 19th July 2018, 8:46 pm

Zarius

Zarius

Trailer ahoy

280Series 11 - Page 12 Empty Re: Series 11 19th July 2018, 9:00 pm

DeadManRising

DeadManRising

"So if I asked, really, really nicely... would you be my new best friends?"

Ugh... the cringe.

281Series 11 - Page 12 Empty Re: Series 11 19th July 2018, 9:19 pm

TiberiusDidNothingWrong

TiberiusDidNothingWrong
Dick Tater

Doesn't look good. Incredibly generic looking - and again, you wouldn't think it was Doctor Who if you weren't informed. Good to see that even Time Lords consider race and sex as valid grounds for discrimination, helping her to assemble the otherwise statistically unlikely 'diverse' TARDIS troupe.
Jodie is seemingly channelling her inner dinner lady as the 'Doctor'.

282Series 11 - Page 12 Empty Re: Series 11 19th July 2018, 9:37 pm

Rick Deckard 2.0

Rick Deckard 2.0

Because mentioning it once in the comments isn't enough

CRINGE

Looks dreadful.

283Series 11 - Page 12 Empty Re: Series 11 19th July 2018, 9:58 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

Jesus Christ this looks crap. How could anyone who is a fan defend this?

284Series 11 - Page 12 Empty Re: Series 11 19th July 2018, 10:03 pm

TheTimeTraveller

TheTimeTraveller

Rick Deckard 2.0 wrote:Because mentioning it once in the comments isn't enough

CRINGE

Looks dreadful.

Loving the Simple Jack teeth and stating vacant eyes. This is the quintessentially Doctorish performance we have demanded for so long, to go with the quintessentially British diverse TARDIS crew and the quintessentially entertaining Chibnall writing.

Anyone who doesn't LOVE all of this is not a true fan of Doctor Who anyway, which has always been a beacon of nomenklatura foisted viewpoints.
Series 11 - Page 12 ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fpbs.twimg.com%2Fprofile_images%2F412750269772869632%2F2ffilGIg

285Series 11 - Page 12 Empty Re: Series 11 19th July 2018, 10:10 pm

DeadManRising

DeadManRising

Some comments from the dumb sheep over at Gallifrey Reddit reacting to this trailer:

"My hype levels are insane. Still no date!"

"Looks good, cannot wait! Tone does seem to be leaning more into playful and adventurous as opposed to the drama and darker aspects of previous seasons which isnt a bad thing. Will definitely be different but i am all for it. "Change my dear, and it seems not a moment too soon"

"Her smile is so damn captivating. It’s genuinely one of my biggest draws to her at the minute. I’m not a huge fan of the “if I asked really, really nicely, will you be my best friends?” line. It just feels a little naive for The Doctor. However the “right! This is gonna be fun!” was brilliant. Man it’s good to remember that lots of planets have a north."

286Series 11 - Page 12 Empty Re: Series 11 19th July 2018, 10:21 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Couldn't they have picked better material for the trailer? It looks so plain and ordinary. I remember the trailer for Series 5 being pretty exciting and hopeful. I've watched the trailer three times and I'm afraid to say that nothing appeals to me. They could have thrown in a Dalek or something just to make it look like Doctor Who.

287Series 11 - Page 12 Empty Re: Series 11 19th July 2018, 10:28 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

DeadManRising wrote:Some comments from the dumb sheep over at Gallifrey Reddit reacting to this trailer:

"My hype levels are insane. Still no date!"

"Looks good, cannot wait! Tone does seem to be leaning more into playful and adventurous as opposed to the drama and darker aspects of previous seasons which isnt a bad thing. Will definitely be different but i am all for it. "Change my dear, and it seems not a moment too soon"

"Her smile is so damn captivating. It’s genuinely one of my biggest draws to her at the minute. I’m not a huge fan of the “if I asked really, really nicely, will you be my best friends?” line. It just feels a little naive for The Doctor. However the “right! This is gonna be fun!” was brilliant. Man it’s good to remember that lots of planets have a north."

You know this just shows that our old friend Genkimonk was right. "New Doctor Who is a show made by idiots for idiots."

She reminds me of Bubble from Ab Fab. LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

To think that the wonderful character William Hartnell made could be reduced to this shit! A gurning, oop north, rainbow flag wearing idiot begging us to be her best friend, with a game show host as her companion LOL LOL LOL

If only Hartnell were still with us. He could use some of his legendary cane fu on Chibbers.

288Series 11 - Page 12 Empty Re: Series 11 19th July 2018, 10:42 pm

iank

iank

It really does look like complete laughable garbage, and she looks even worse than I'd thought possible. One thing about New Who is that it's almost always been able to deliver superficially exciting trailers, even if the actual episodes were inevitably shite, but it seems they've even lost that art. It doesn't look anything like Doctor Who, and it doesn't look remotely exciting or appealing.
Axe it now, FFS.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

289Series 11 - Page 12 Empty Re: Series 11 19th July 2018, 10:51 pm

TiberiusDidNothingWrong

TiberiusDidNothingWrong
Dick Tater

Highlights of the trailer:

-Jodie moaning unconvincingly.
-People's faces.
-DIVERSITY.
-People walking around uninteresting landscapes.
-People RUNNING around uninteresting landscapes.
-Terrible dialogue.
-Jodie has a headache.
-Extremely generic tagline.
-Sonic Screwdriver, barely seen in NuWho.
-Jodie looking surprised-ish a few times.

I'm ready bois.

290Series 11 - Page 12 Empty Re: Series 11 19th July 2018, 11:32 pm

Rob Filth

Rob Filth

UGH! Just UGH!

Such a tepid trailer, the direction looks like that dogshite "Class".

The dialogue is as moronic as ever, Jodie playing it exactly the same as Tennant with twattiness with a slice of Ecclestons Eckey-Thoomp thrown in.

I must admit, "Bubbles from Ab Fab" might even be a better description than my own "Victoria Wood in a Rod, Jane and Freddy suit".

I'm pretty sure that it will be so dumbfuck and moronic than NuWho fans will probably love it, but I doubt the casual viewer will be inspired by such an insipid trailer and Classic fans will have their worst fears confirmed.

"Raaaht! This is gonna be fun!”

Fuck off.

http://www.thefuckingobvious.com

291Series 11 - Page 12 Empty Re: Series 11 20th July 2018, 12:06 am

TheTimeTraveller

TheTimeTraveller

Series 11 - Page 12 1532040587898

292Series 11 - Page 12 Empty Re: Series 11 20th July 2018, 12:08 am

Bill

If only Pip and Jane Baker could have shown this trailer to Chris Chibnall when he was criticising them. "And this is what you want for the show is it? Argument closed."

293Series 11 - Page 12 Empty Re: Series 11 20th July 2018, 12:43 am

Boofer

Boofer

Series 11 - Page 12 Screen10

294Series 11 - Page 12 Empty Re: Series 11 20th July 2018, 6:16 am

Rob Filth

Rob Filth

Bill wrote:If only Pip and Jane Baker could have shown this trailer to Chris Chibnall when he was criticising them. "And this is what you want for the show is it? Argument closed."

I agree.

Apart from the regeneration retcon, THIS is the other chief reason why I'll be refusing to watch this dogpile.

Why the fuck is Chinballs writing all the scripts?

The cunt is a Michael Grade sympathiser.

If he thinks I'll be watching after the way he behaved by putting the boot in when the programme was at its most vulnerable, he can fuck off. It's cunts like him who prompted Colin Baker's sacking.

I'll be removing my target book collection and putting them into storage to make some shelf space for something else more interesting and relevant soon, completely eliminating all Doctor Who display in my room.(I've already done the videos and DVDs)

My next step after that will be unfriending all of the Doctor Who pages I've joined on facebook, I only get into heated arguments with fuckwits on them anyway - life is too short for this shit.

Doctor Who - the Brexit of sci-fi.

http://www.thefuckingobvious.com

295Series 11 - Page 12 Empty Re: Series 11 20th July 2018, 7:51 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Rob Filth wrote:
Bill wrote:If only Pip and Jane Baker could have shown this trailer to Chris Chibnall when he was criticising them. "And this is what you want for the show is it? Argument closed."

I agree.

Apart from the regeneration retcon, THIS is the other chief reason why I'll be refusing to watch this dogpile.

If he thinks I'll be watching after the way he behaved by putting the boot in when the programme was at its most vulnerable, he can fuck off. It's cunts like him who prompted Colin Baker's sacking.

I'll be removing my target book collection and putting them into storage to make some shelf space for something else more interesting and relevant soon, completely eliminating all Doctor Who display in my room.(I've already done the videos and DVDs)

My next step after that will be unfriending all of the Doctor Who pages I've joined on facebook, I only get into heated arguments with fuckwits on them anyway - life is too short for this shit.

I've already sold most of my DVDs to music magpie and given the rest to charity. My enjoyment of anything Doctor Who has truly been tainted by all this nonsense in the last year. I used to have a Doctor Who page on Facebook. It was 5,000 likes strong but after the admins started getting a heap load of abuse after a somewhat controversial post about Jodie's casting we all decided that we couldn't be bothered with it and simply moved on. I didn't run away, I just got the dignified hell out of there before a burst a blood vessel trying to explain to those utter fools how opinions worked. I will be watching Series 11 myself. I'll be holding a bag of popcorn in one hand and a "told you so" sign in the other.

296Series 11 - Page 12 Empty Re: Series 11 20th July 2018, 8:03 am

TheTimeTraveller

TheTimeTraveller

Rob Filth wrote:

Simply because this is Broadchurch-Lite: The Doctor Who spinoff. One long tedious exercise in right-on box ticking fanfiction.

297Series 11 - Page 12 Empty Re: Series 11 20th July 2018, 8:27 am

burrunjor

burrunjor

Rob Filth wrote:

I agree.

He's writing all the scripts himself? Jesus what a conceited bastard. Terry Nation deeply regretted doing that for the first series of Blake's 7 and that was A/ his own creation B/ he was Terry Nation!

J Michael Strazynzki also similarly struggled with writing all of B5, his own creation too.

Its really heartbreaking to read about you and Commander Maxills (and Ian Levine too's) disassociation from DW.

I do understand but I think its a shame as this time it shows you that no one will keep the flame alive when it goes.

Actual fans of the show are dropping like flies. For all RTD and Mark Gatiss and the like make out that the show was dead in the 90s, no new young people were interested in it, I can tell you for a fact that was grade A Bullshit.

Every story was released on video FFS. Would they do that if it wasn't selling well?

Also in 2002 a radio times poll showed that DW was the show people in the UK most wanted back (and that was among young people under 20!)

I myself was born in 1991 and I was introduced to it on video. I was never made fun of for liking DW (in fact I introduced it to some of my friends and they liked it. I actually got teased for liking Xena and Buffy FAR more.)

It was a great part of my childhood. Helped to shape my love of sci fi and fantasy. I would never have been put on to so much else, from Blake's 7 to Star Trek to Dan Dare had it not been for the Doctor.

Its such a shame that won't be the case for the generation after me from the looks of things. The people who like the show will turn away in disgust, whilst the Whovian Feminism's and Claudia Boleyn's who never really liked the show will quietly drop it and move onto something else, and it will be quietly forgotten about.

These feminists are like the vandals who defaced statues in ancient rome. DW, Star Wars, Star Trek, Marvel, DC, so many significant pieces of entertainment in our culture, torn to bits by these cretins.

298Series 11 - Page 12 Empty Re: Series 11 20th July 2018, 8:53 am

Mott1

Mott1

And if RTD manages to influence Chibbers we could still have the "tall, bald black woman with the flaming sword" to come after Jodie!

299Series 11 - Page 12 Empty Re: Series 11 20th July 2018, 9:04 am

iank

iank

Chinball's writing the lot? Really? The conceit!

I don't get throwing away everything Who. It's not the classic series' fault the 21st century produced a piss-poor parody version. I'm just doing the same I do with any other show that falls by the wayside - keep the ones when it was good, forget the rest.
I agree about disassociating from most mainstream fandom, though, cause it's nowt but prize cunts these days.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

300Series 11 - Page 12 Empty Re: Series 11 20th July 2018, 9:40 am

burrunjor

burrunjor

iank wrote:Chinball's writing the lot? Really? The conceit!

Just read that isn't the case anymore. Apparently he is writing 5 (still too many!)

He proudly announced at SDCC that there are 5 guest writers and that two are women and one is black.

Of course we all know that skin pigmentation is the most important thing when hiring people of course Big Grin

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum