Bernard Marx
SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1The Doctor Who Years Empty The Doctor Who Years 24th September 2019, 9:08 am

Ludders

Ludders

Just an idea for a thread, sort of based on the BBC show 'The Rock 'n' Roll Years', where they'd go year by year looking at music, current affairs, entertainment, etc...
So as you've guessed from the title, the idea is to go from 1963 to 1989 and say whatever you want to say about that year.
Could be anything you want to say about the year in question; favourite music, films, tv show, Dr Who story, something that happened that year, either in your life or in the world, whatever you like....
Every few days, unless the thread dies on its arse Wink we can go on to the next year.
So...                            

Doctor Who was born! And so was I. Smile

Favourite film(s)

Kiss of the Vampire, Carry On Cabby, This Sporting Life, The Birds, Jason and Argonauts, From Russia With Love

Favourite TV show(s)

Aside from the obvious, there are no other tv programmes that started this year, so I'm going to count Steptoe and Son and Fireball XL5, which started the year before.

Favourite Dr Who story

The Daleks

Favourite book(s)

The Stealer of Souls (Michael Moorcock), Planet of the Apes (Pierre Boulle), Stig of the Dump (Clive King)

Favourite Album(s)

This Is My Story - Dinah Washington

Favourite single(s)

Your turn! Big Grin

Last edited by Ronnie on 26th September 2019, 10:42 am; edited 1 time in total

2The Doctor Who Years Empty Re: The Doctor Who Years 24th September 2019, 9:32 am

iank

iank

63 is... difficult. Favourite Who story would be The Daleks. The early 60s, in particular, are not really my bag. I can't even think of another TV show I like. The Avengers was on, but I don't really like the pre-Emma episodes so that's that out too.

Oh dear.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

3The Doctor Who Years Empty Re: The Doctor Who Years 24th September 2019, 9:46 am

Ludders

Ludders

At least you tried, Ian! I'm the same re The Avengers.
I had to put my thinking cap on a bit as well, as it's a bit early for my era too.
I had to Google 1963 to get the books and a couple of the films I wasn't sure of the exact year.

4The Doctor Who Years Empty Re: The Doctor Who Years 26th September 2019, 10:41 am

Ludders

Ludders

So it's just me then.  LOL                            

Favourite film(s)

The Gorgon, A Fistful of Dollars, Goldfinger

Favourite TV show(s)

Stingray, The Magic Roundabout

Favourite Dr Who story

The Sensorites

Favourite Album(s)

The Animals (debut album)

Favourite single(s)

5The Doctor Who Years Empty Re: The Doctor Who Years 26th September 2019, 12:00 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Goldfinger is such a piece of shit. A real embarrassment compared to the first two Bond movies.

6The Doctor Who Years Empty Re: The Doctor Who Years 28th September 2019, 5:09 am

Ludders

Ludders

Big Grin                        

Favourite film(s)

Dr. Terror's House of Horrors, The Skull, Von Ryan's Express, The Sons of Katie Elder, For a Few Dollars More, Battle of the Bulge, Thunderball, Dr. Who and the Daleks, The Face of Fu Manchu

Favourite TV show(s)

Stingray, Thunderbirds, The Avengers (Mrs Peel era)

Favourite Dr Who story

Daleks Masterplan

Favourite book(s)

Stormbringer (Michael Moorcock)

Favourite Album(s)

Favourite single(s)

Last edited by Ronnie on 29th September 2019, 9:11 am; edited 2 times in total

7The Doctor Who Years Empty Re: The Doctor Who Years 28th September 2019, 9:08 am

iank

iank

Favourite TV: Doctor Who, The Avengers
Favourite Film: The Icarus File
Favourite Who Story: The Time Meddler

8The Doctor Who Years Empty Re: The Doctor Who Years 28th September 2019, 9:10 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

I'll take part once you get to the 80s years.

9The Doctor Who Years Empty Re: The Doctor Who Years 28th September 2019, 9:30 am

Ludders

Ludders

Pepsi Maxil wrote:I'll take part once you get to the 80s years.

The Doctor Who Years Mr2

The world before 1980? Wink

10The Doctor Who Years Empty Re: The Doctor Who Years 29th September 2019, 9:21 am

Ludders

Ludders

Just me again.  LOL                       

Favourite film(s)

Dracula: Prince of Darkness, Daleks' Invasion Earth 2150 A.D. Carry On Screaming, The Reptile, One Million Years BC, Fantastic Voyage, The Family Way, The Brides of Fu Manchu

Favourite TV show(s)

Star Trek, Camberwick Green, Mission Impossible

Favourite Dr Who story

The War Machines

Favourite Album(s)

Favourite single(s)

Last edited by Ronnie on 29th September 2019, 10:55 am; edited 1 time in total

11The Doctor Who Years Empty Re: The Doctor Who Years 29th September 2019, 9:25 am

iank

iank

TV Shows: Who, Avengers
Favourite Who story: War Machines

Maybe when we get to the 70s... Wink (Though I'm no good on music years)

12The Doctor Who Years Empty Re: The Doctor Who Years 29th September 2019, 11:01 am

Ludders

Ludders

Well I guess I'm officially the old cunt. 😂
But I tend to like different things across all the decades to be honest. Even the 80's. But just not your standard 80's pop shite. Wink

Last edited by Ronnie on 29th September 2019, 11:44 am; edited 1 time in total

13The Doctor Who Years Empty Re: The Doctor Who Years 29th September 2019, 11:37 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Do you mind if I just do a complete list for the Sixties? I'm not very good with years when it comes to the Sixties and Seventies.

Films: The Great Escape, Lawrence of Arabia, Dr. No, From Russia with Love, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, Bullitt, Night of the Living Dead, The Odd Couple, Cleopatra.

TV Shows: Doctor Who, The Saint, Batman.

Music: The Shadows, The Who, John Barry, The Kingsmen, The Beatles, The Shangri-Las, The Beach Boys.

Most beautiful women: Sharon Tate, Diana Rigg, Anneke Wills

14The Doctor Who Years Empty Re: The Doctor Who Years 29th September 2019, 11:43 am

Ludders

Ludders

Pepsi Maxil wrote:Do you mind if I just do a complete list for the Sixties? I'm not very good with years when it comes to the Sixties and Seventies.

Films: The Great Escape, Lawrence of Arabia, Dr. No, From Russia with Love, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, Bullitt, Night of the Living Dead, The Odd Couple, Cleopatra.

TV Shows: Doctor Who, The Saint, Batman.

Music: The Shadows, The Who, John Barry, The Kingsmen, The Beatles, The Shangri-Las, The Beach Boys.

Most beautiful women:  Sharon Tate, Diana Rigg, Anneke Wills

No worries mate, you don't have to ask, it's all good. Smile

15The Doctor Who Years Empty Re: The Doctor Who Years 29th September 2019, 11:52 am

Ludders

Ludders

Btw... Good shout for The Great Escape. I forgot about that one.

And...

Pepsi Maxil wrote:Most beautiful women

The Doctor Who Years Happy-80th-birthday-brigitte-bardot-1-638

Wink

16The Doctor Who Years Empty Re: The Doctor Who Years 29th September 2019, 12:06 pm

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

I’m not great with years either, so I’ll just list what I can for the decade:
Favourite films: Lawrence of Arabia, Psycho, The Birds, The Good, The Bad and the Ugly, Dr Strangelove, 2001: A Space Odyssey, The Graduate, Rosemary’s Baby, The Great Escape.

TV: Doctor Who, The Prisoner (still need to check out The Twilight Zone, mind).

Music: The Rolling Stones, Simon and Garfunkle, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Jimi Hendrix, Aretha Franklin etc (I probably need to think this one through a little more- I am shit with dates).

Favourite Doctor Who story:
1963: The Daleks
1964: Marco Polo
1965: The Daleks’ Master Plan
1966: The Power Of The Daleks
1967: The Tomb Of The Cybermen
1968: The Web Of Fear
1969: The War Games

17The Doctor Who Years Empty Re: The Doctor Who Years 29th September 2019, 12:15 pm

Ludders

Ludders

You've pre-empted me on a couple of things there, but it's all good, and interesting to read. 😎

18The Doctor Who Years Empty Re: The Doctor Who Years 30th September 2019, 6:59 pm

Ludders

Ludders

Favourite film(s)

The Vengeance of Fu Manchu, Quatermass and the Pit , You Only Live Twice

Favourite TV show(s)

Captain Scarlet, Trumpton

Favourite Dr Who story

Tomb of the Cybermen

Favourite book(s)

The Jewel in the Skull  (Michael Moorcock), I'm OK - You're OK (Thomas A. Harris)

Favourite Album(s)

Are You Experienced - Jimi Hendrix

Favourite single(s)

Last edited by Ronnie on 1st October 2019, 12:01 am; edited 1 time in total

19The Doctor Who Years Empty Re: The Doctor Who Years 30th September 2019, 7:02 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Regarding best 60's movies, I think Bonnie & Clyde's got to be up there.

20The Doctor Who Years Empty Re: The Doctor Who Years 30th September 2019, 7:53 pm

Boofer

Boofer

60s

To be honest I could double or triple these lists and they still wouldn't reflect my tastes fully.

(Yes, I'm doing a list. Yes, fuck you.)

Favourite film(s)

Dr. Strangelove, 2001, The Good, the Bad & the Ugly, Fistful of Dollars, Goldfinger, Dr. No, The Ipcress File, Jason and The Argonauts, Zulu.

Favourite TV show(s)

The Twilight Zone, Scooby Doo, The Saint, The Avengers, The Prisoner, Callan,

Favourite Dr Who story

The Aztecs, The Daleks' Master Plan, The Tenth Planet, Power of The Daleks, The Mind Robber.

Favourite book(s)

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, Dune, I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, The Andromeda Strain, Slaughterhouse-Five.

Favourite Album(s)

Ennio Morricone - Il Buono, Il Brutto, Il Cattivo, The Velvet Underground & Nico, The Jimi Hendrix Experience - Are You Experienced, Led Zeppelin II, Johnny Cash - At Folsom Prison, Big Band Bossa Nova - Quincy Jones,

Favourite single(s)

Okay, I've ran out of steam, but I do love this record.

21The Doctor Who Years Empty Re: The Doctor Who Years 30th September 2019, 8:06 pm

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

Cunnus Maximus wrote:60s

To be honest I could double or triple these lists and they still wouldn't reflect my tastes fully.

(Yes, I'm doing a list. Yes, fuck you.)

Favourite film(s)

Dr. Strangelove, 2001, The Good, the Bad & the Ugly, Fistful of Dollars, Goldfinger, Dr. No, The Ipcress File, Jason and The Argonauts, Zulu.

Favourite TV show(s)

The Twilight Zone, Scooby Doo, The Saint, The Avengers, The Prisoner, Callan,

Favourite Dr Who story

The Aztecs, The Daleks' Master Plan, The Tenth Planet, Power of The Daleks, The Mind Robber.

Favourite book(s)

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, Dune, I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, The Andromeda Strain, Slaughterhouse-Five.

Favourite Album(s)

Ennio Morricone - Il Buono, Il Brutto, Il Cattivo, The Velvet Underground & Nico, The Jimi Hendrix Experience - Are You Experienced, Led Zeppelin II, Johnny Cash - At Folsom Prison, Big Band Bossa Nova - Quincy Jones,

Favourite single(s)

Okay, I've ran out of steam, but I do love this record.

You have very fine taste indeed! Smile

22The Doctor Who Years Empty Re: The Doctor Who Years 30th September 2019, 9:48 pm

iank

iank

Favourite Film
The Dirty Dozen
Favourite TV
Doctor Who, Callan, The Avengers
Favourite Who Story
The Moonbase

23The Doctor Who Years Empty Re: The Doctor Who Years 30th September 2019, 10:12 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

1967:

Movie:

You Only Live Twice

Show:

Doctor Who

Who story:

The Underwater Menace.

24The Doctor Who Years Empty Re: The Doctor Who Years 1st October 2019, 4:10 am

Ludders

Ludders

Thanks for the replies! And I'm impressed to get one from the List-hater General.  Wink

Might as well crack on.  Big Grin

Favourite film(s)

2001: A Space Odyssey, The Devil Rides Out, Dracula Has Risen from the Grave, Where Eagles Dare, Rosemary's Baby, Planet of the Apes,

Favourite TV show(s)

Journey Into the Unknown, Dad's Army, Land of the Giants, Wacky Races, Joe 90, Hector's House, Please Sir

Favourite Dr Who story

Web of Fear

Favourite book(s)

Chocky (John Wyndham), Chariots of The Gods (Erich von Däniken)

Favourite Album(s)

Undead - Ten Years After

Electric Mud - Muddy Waters

A Saucerful of Secrets - Pink Floyd

Favourite single(s)

25The Doctor Who Years Empty Re: The Doctor Who Years 1st October 2019, 9:29 am

iank

iank

Favourite TV: Who, Avengers
Favourite Who Story: Web of Fear

Sponsored content