Bernard Marx
Pepsi Maxil
iank
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Worst Tom Baker story Empty Worst Tom Baker story 22nd August 2019, 9:19 am

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

Which is the absolute worst story from Tom Baker’s seven year run? On the grounds that it bores the hell out of me whilst also providing me nothing to think about and being as badly made as possible (bar one model shot), it’s Underworld for me.

2Worst Tom Baker story Empty Re: Worst Tom Baker story 22nd August 2019, 9:27 am

iank

iank

Yeah, it probably is Underworld. Never been able to sit through it the whole thing.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

3Worst Tom Baker story Empty Re: Worst Tom Baker story 22nd August 2019, 10:10 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Revenge of the Cybermen. Fans of the Cybermen waited six years for this crock of shite.

4Worst Tom Baker story Empty Re: Worst Tom Baker story 22nd August 2019, 10:33 am

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

Six seasons. Seven years.
And Revenge would be my second choice.

5Worst Tom Baker story Empty Re: Worst Tom Baker story 22nd August 2019, 10:37 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

I forgot the Invasion was broadcast in 1968, not 1969. I apologize.

6Worst Tom Baker story Empty Re: Worst Tom Baker story 22nd August 2019, 10:40 am

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

Commander Maxil wrote: I forgot the Invasion was broadcast in 1968, not 1969. I apologize.
No need. Easy mistake. 👍

7Worst Tom Baker story Empty Re: Worst Tom Baker story 22nd August 2019, 11:27 am

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

It's either The Armageddon Factor or (ironically) The Leisure Hive. I'm just not sure which is more of a painful chore to watch.
Okay, of the two I think Armageddon Factor has more redeeming features (Drax, the final confrontation with the Black Guardian and the "we have the power to do anything we like" moment). So yeah, The Leisure Hive it is.

8Worst Tom Baker story Empty Re: Worst Tom Baker story 22nd August 2019, 2:21 pm

Ludders

Ludders

Logopolis.
A total bore that introduced a piss-poor moustache twirling Delgado impersonator.
At least it put Tom out of what had become all too evident misery.

9Worst Tom Baker story Empty Re: Worst Tom Baker story 22nd August 2019, 6:43 pm

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

Creature From the Pit. Also hate Underworld, Revenge of the Cybermen, Invasion of Time, Power of Kroll, Horns of Nimon, Armageddon Factor, Leisure Hive, Destiny of the Daleks and Nightmare of Eden.

10Worst Tom Baker story Empty Re: Worst Tom Baker story 22nd August 2019, 7:35 pm

stengos

stengos

Probably Destiny of the Daleks, Invasion of Time or Horns of Nimon.

or even The Invisible Enemy.

11Worst Tom Baker story Empty Re: Worst Tom Baker story 26th August 2019, 3:45 pm

REDACTED

The Leisure Hive.

A depressing, humourless, neutered bore that I always skip on re watching the Baker era.

12Worst Tom Baker story Empty Re: Worst Tom Baker story 27th August 2019, 7:40 am

Kaijuko

Kaijuko

'Meglos' - it should work (Tom, Lalla, K9, Bill Fraser, Jacqueline Hill, nice Religion Vs Science theme, nice wigs, etc) but somehow doesn't. Easily the weakest story of Season 18 and unfortunately sandwiched between two serials I particularly like ('The Leisure Hive' and 'Full Circle'). 'Meglos' feels slightly out of place in S18 - more like a hangover from the sillier aspects of S17, but saying that, there's still a lot to enjoy, and a weak Tom Baker story is still superior to an awful lot of Who that came later (both in the Classic series and Nu).

13Worst Tom Baker story Empty Re: Worst Tom Baker story 11th October 2019, 4:31 pm

BillPatJonTom

BillPatJonTom

Underworld I think. Although the story that followed it, Invasion of Time, seemed similarly poor to me at the time I seem to remember.
Odd really because, up until that point, Tom's era had always seemed bloody great but that particular season which started off so well with Horror of Fang Rock really came to mark a turning point in terms of quality. The programme was arguably never quite as consistently good again from this stage onwards.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum