Arthur Stengos
Rawkuss
Ludders
SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe
Tanmann
stengos
11 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Worst Colin Baker story Empty Worst Colin Baker story 22nd August 2019, 9:44 am

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

Which is Colin’s worst story? For me, it has to be either The Twin Dilemma or Timelash. Though Season 23 is more consistently crap, I’d argue that the Trial stories are just about better conceived than those two.

2Worst Colin Baker story Empty Re: Worst Colin Baker story 22nd August 2019, 9:46 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Mindwarp. That one is just loathsome.

3Worst Colin Baker story Empty Re: Worst Colin Baker story 22nd August 2019, 10:14 am

iank

iank

I second Mindwarp. Absolute shite.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

4Worst Colin Baker story Empty Re: Worst Colin Baker story 22nd August 2019, 10:15 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

"Nurse, could you prepare to apply the skedaddle test?"

Urgh. Rubbish.

5Worst Colin Baker story Empty Re: Worst Colin Baker story 22nd August 2019, 10:16 am

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

I’m not going to lie- I forgot how crap the dialogue was in Mindwarp.

6Worst Colin Baker story Empty Re: Worst Colin Baker story 22nd August 2019, 10:18 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

The only good bit is when Crozier takes a sip of his tea while his patient is having a cardiac arrest LOL

7Worst Colin Baker story Empty Re: Worst Colin Baker story 22nd August 2019, 10:32 am

stengos

stengos

Mindwarp. Mediocre at best.

8Worst Colin Baker story Empty Re: Worst Colin Baker story 22nd August 2019, 11:42 am

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Twin Dilemma.

It took me many years just to get past episode one.

9Worst Colin Baker story Empty Re: Worst Colin Baker story 22nd August 2019, 12:28 pm

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

Timelash. Completely dull and nothing happens in it. I don't necessarily like Mark of the Rani or The Two Doctors either to be honest.

10Worst Colin Baker story Empty Re: Worst Colin Baker story 22nd August 2019, 2:36 pm

Ludders

Ludders

So many to choose from. 😂
Probably Twin Dilemma.

11Worst Colin Baker story Empty Re: Worst Colin Baker story 6th September 2019, 1:34 am

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

Twin Dilemma is fucking amazing!

Timelash is shite, but Darrow's ultra-hammy performance just saves it.

Fuck Mindwarp. I can't even sit through it anymore.

12Worst Colin Baker story Empty Re: Worst Colin Baker story 8th September 2019, 9:17 pm

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

I actually used to enjoy Mindwarp. I’m not sure why, given that I’ve realised how bloody awful it is since. It might get my vote now.

13Worst Colin Baker story Empty Re: Worst Colin Baker story 8th September 2019, 9:19 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

The acting from every single actor except the chap playing the scientist is unbelievably shite.

14Worst Colin Baker story Empty Re: Worst Colin Baker story 1st October 2019, 4:13 pm

Arthur Stengos

Arthur Stengos

Why all the hate for Mindwarp. Okay, it’s not the best but it has brilliant incidental music by Richard Hartley and the closing moments of Peri’s death scene was spine tingling and brilliantly acted by Nicola Bryant. Nabil Shaban was in top form as Sil and Brian Blessed was hilarious.

15Worst Colin Baker story Empty Re: Worst Colin Baker story 1st October 2019, 4:20 pm

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

Arthur Stengos wrote:Why all the hate for Mindwarp. Okay, it’s not the best but it has brilliant incidental music by Richard Hartley and the closing moments of Peri’s death scene was spine tingling and brilliantly acted by Nicola Bryant. Nabil Shaban was in top form as Sil and Brian Blessed was hilarious.

Incidentally, those are what I’d consider it’s strongest qualities, and why I’d probably place it higher than other lesser Classic Who stories. It’s everything else surrounding it that frustrates me.

16Worst Colin Baker story Empty Re: Worst Colin Baker story 1st October 2019, 4:34 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

The Mysterious Planet is also pretty rotten. I like Glitz and Chicken Dibber but the stuff with the tribe and "the immortal" just bore me to tears.

17Worst Colin Baker story Empty Re: Worst Colin Baker story 1st October 2019, 10:05 pm

iank

iank

Arthur Stengos wrote:Why all the hate for Mindwarp. Okay, it’s not the best but it has brilliant incidental music by Richard Hartley and the closing moments of Peri’s death scene was spine tingling and brilliantly acted by Nicola Bryant. Nabil Shaban was in top form as Sil and Brian Blessed was hilarious.

Because it's fucking dire. Big Grin

18Worst Colin Baker story Empty Re: Worst Colin Baker story 1st October 2019, 11:31 pm

Boofer

Boofer

I like the body horror aspects to Mindwarp. Brian Blessed's usual, enormous, performance is also fairly amusing, and Nabil Shaban steals the show as Sil.

I also adore the aesthetic of the opening scenes on Thoros Beta, which show off one of the best planetscapes the classic series ever produced. Sometimes the simplest ideas are best.

19Worst Colin Baker story Empty Re: Worst Colin Baker story 2nd October 2019, 1:35 am

iank

iank

Cuntus Maximus has got to be fucking trolling today. Big Grin

20Worst Colin Baker story Empty Re: Worst Colin Baker story 2nd October 2019, 6:51 am

Kaijuko

Kaijuko

Pepsi Maxil wrote:The Mysterious Planet is also pretty rotten. I like Glitz and Chicken Dibber but the stuff with the tribe and "the immortal" just bore me to tears.

Fair do's but personally, I'm quite fond of TMP - it's my favourite segment of The Trial of a Timelord (which, I realize, isn't saying much..).  Glitz and Dibber have some great lines, it's nice to see Tom Chadbon and Carry On Legend Joan Simms and strangely, I rather like the design of the robot Drathro - clunky but cute.

Not, by any stretch of the imagination, Bob Holmes' greatest script, mind.

Glitz: "Amazing the effect a loud bang can have on the primitive mind".

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum