Arthur Stengos
Jonzu77
43 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 36 ... 42  Next

Go down  Message [Page 31 of 42]

751Series 11 - Page 31 Empty Re: Series 11 11th February 2019, 9:53 pm

Mott1

Mott1

The Demon Headmaster wouldn't really stand out in a BBC show now. White, middle-aged, male and therefore obviously villainous...

Last edited by Mott1 on 12th February 2019, 8:20 am; edited 1 time in total

752Series 11 - Page 31 Empty Re: Series 11 11th February 2019, 11:45 pm

ClockworkOcean

Dick Tater

TheTimeTraveller wrote:Wait, is the female spinoff in Scratchman? For real? If so, what a shame. Won't be buying it.
Apparently so. If you check the NuWho subforum, burrunjor posted a thread about it.

753Series 11 - Page 31 Empty Re: Series 11 12th February 2019, 6:14 am

Kaijuko

Kaijuko

ClockworkOcean wrote:
TheTimeTraveller wrote:Wait, is the female spinoff in Scratchman? For real? If so, what a shame. Won't be buying it.
Apparently so. If you check the NuWho subforum, burrunjor posted a thread about it.

It's entirely true - the Thirteenth Doctor appears in the second half of the book ( I had the misfortune of reading the offending section just last night).

754Series 11 - Page 31 Empty Re: Series 11 12th February 2019, 8:15 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

What does she do in the book? Pick her nose and then slice down a bunch of white males with a chainsaw?

755Series 11 - Page 31 Empty Re: Series 11 12th February 2019, 8:54 pm

#BeKind

#BeKind

WOW lol a lot of people clearly can't accept change! Rolling Eyes

maybe u guys are watching the wrong show???

https://doctorwhofeministfront.tumblr.com

756Series 11 - Page 31 Empty Re: Series 11 12th February 2019, 8:58 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

#BeKind wrote:WOW lol a lot of people clearly can't accept change! Rolling Eyes

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Welcome to the forum. I can only assume this is a spoof account? Then again with the Gallifrey Base freaks you can never tell. Big Grin

757Series 11 - Page 31 Empty Re: Series 11 12th February 2019, 9:07 pm

#BeKind

#BeKind

burrunjor wrote:

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Welcome to the forum. I can only assume this is a spoof account? Then again with the Gallifrey Base freaks you can never tell. Big Grin

FREAKS???? How dare you!???? people of marginalized communies deal with your oppression everyday of our lifes, WE DO NOT NEED YOUR SHIT IN WHATS SUPPOSED TO BE AN INCLUSIVE FANDOM!!!!

YOU NEED TO APOLOGIZE, RIGHT NOW.
Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

https://doctorwhofeministfront.tumblr.com

758Series 11 - Page 31 Empty Re: Series 11 12th February 2019, 9:08 pm

Boofer

Boofer

I like your problem glasses.

759Series 11 - Page 31 Empty Re: Series 11 12th February 2019, 10:17 pm

TheTimeTraveller

TheTimeTraveller

This forum is so tiny and insignificant... That it's getting brigaded and held up for excoriation by the useful idiots of the degenerate subculture of Doctor Who.

Which is it? Insignificant or a deadly enemy of conformity?

760Series 11 - Page 31 Empty Re: Series 11 12th February 2019, 10:34 pm

iank

iank

lol Who cares? These people are such wasters they literally cannot handle a contrary opinion.
Over a TV show.
And, when all's said and done, objectively a pretty shitty TV show at that.
Sad, sad specimens of humanity or what?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

761Series 11 - Page 31 Empty Re: Series 11 13th February 2019, 12:34 am

TheTimeTraveller

TheTimeTraveller

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/doctor_who/s11

a genuinely free consumer market is never wrong.

762Series 11 - Page 31 Empty Re: Series 11 13th February 2019, 12:46 am

TheTimeTraveller

TheTimeTraveller

The critics are liars. I accidentally watched an episode and my God it was awful and full of stereotypes. The best character was an old man who speaks the truth on multiple occasions. Everyone else was a diversity insert.

SylvesterK.

Super Reviewer

-RT gold. Absolute gold.

763Series 11 - Page 31 Empty Re: Series 11 13th February 2019, 7:23 pm

UncleDeadly

UncleDeadly

ClockworkOcean wrote:Disappointing. I wouldn't have expected Tennant to be impartial given his personal friendship with Whittaker, but silence would have been the classier approach.

I loved Tom Baker's strategy of changing the subject to his own Big Finish work when asked about the future of Doctor Who in the recent Scratchman interview. More evidence, if any was needed, that shoehorning Jodie into the novel wasn't his idea.

OF COURSE it wasn't Tom's idea. I doubt he even knows, or cares, who Jodie Whittaker is. It's James Goss who's responsible for 'doctoring' that recipe...

Re; Tennant; what makes you think he isn't an idiot? (God knows his own portrayal was so misguided and forced it rather invalidates his opinion even if it IS sincere) One thing's for sure; almost no-one who has been involved in Doctor Who DARES speak out against the new stuff. I mean who has? Derrick Sherwin, Christopher Bidmead, Clive Swift, Eccleston, John Simm..isn't that about it..? (and I'm probably stretching it even with that list)

I'm sure it would be a different story were Hartnell and Pertwee still here but, my god, its like Stalinist Russia or something...

764Series 11 - Page 31 Empty Re: Series 11 13th February 2019, 8:16 pm

ClockworkOcean

Dick Tater

UncleDeadly wrote:Re; Tennant; what makes you think he isn't an idiot?
I've always primarily blamed RTD and given Tennant some benefit of the doubt due to how misguided the interpretation he had Eccleston play also was. His recent conduct would suggest that I was wrong.
UncleDeadly wrote:One thing's for sure; almost no-one who has been involved in Doctor Who DARES speak out against the new stuff. I mean who has? Derrick Sherwin, Christopher Bidmead, Clive Swift, Eccleston, John Simm..isn't that about it..? (and I'm probably stretching it even with that list)

I'm sure it would be a different story were Hartnell and Pertwee still here but, my god, its like Stalinist Russia or something...
Hinchcliffe recently complained about Series 11's lack of memorable villains, but that was the full extent of his criticism. After what happened to Davison, I'm not surprised.

765Series 11 - Page 31 Empty Re: Series 11 14th February 2019, 12:11 pm

Zarius

Zarius

766Series 11 - Page 31 Empty Re: Series 11 15th February 2019, 5:01 pm

ClockworkOcean

Dick Tater

The utter idiocy of NuWho fans never fails to astound me. In the comments section under a YouTube video, someone quite reasonably said that their metric for judging a series is whether or not it would convert them if they weren't already a fan. Some hysterical fanboy responded by saying that the "huge jump in ratings" proved that it had brought lots of new fans onboard. I corrected him by pointing out the inevitability of the debut's high viewing figures given the surrounding controversy, citing the audience retention rate, the appreciation index scores, the performance of the festive special, online reviews, fan response, etc. His response was to claim that the reasons behind the viewing figures were irrelevant... IN A CONVERSATION ABOUT CREATING NEW FANS! I pointed out the inherent stupidity of that statement and questioned his insistence on endlessly repeating raw statistics bereft of crucially important context. I shit you not, he actually responded to that last statement by bleating that the lowest-rated episode of Series 11 was viewed more than its Series 10 counterpart and that I was a "total dumbass" for denying it (which I hadn't). I pointed out the obvious strawman and asked whether he had any intention of responding to what I'd actually said.

He ran away. LOL

767Series 11 - Page 31 Empty Re: Series 11 16th February 2019, 8:21 am

TheTimeTraveller

TheTimeTraveller

Jodie Whittaker / Doctor Who has become the "jump the shark" of SJW car crashes in fandom. As in, Nerdrotic asking in a video "is Captain Marvel the Doctor Who of the marvel movies?"

fucking lel.

768Series 11 - Page 31 Empty Re: Series 11 16th February 2019, 12:48 pm

Mott1

Mott1

ClockworkOcean wrote:
He ran away. LOL

Mr Tardis is the same: as soon as he's faced with any awkward question about Nu Who, this is what he does...

769Series 11 - Page 31 Empty Re: Series 11 16th February 2019, 1:52 pm

bryanbraddock

bryanbraddock

Mott1 wrote:
ClockworkOcean wrote:
He ran away. LOL

Mr Tardis is the same: as soon as he's faced with any awkward question about Nu Who, this is what he does...

I must admit I do have an intense dislike for most professional youtubers. The rise of youtube has allowed people with little discernible talent or ability to become z list celebs. A status that unfortunately ables them to be come influencers to their sheep like subscribers.

And while irritant Fantasists like Mr Big Mouth,unfortunate people with obvious mental disabilities like Sammi Carter and Claudia Boleyn are sad they are for the most part harmless cranks.

The most egregious are the nuwho shills like William Carlisle.
A podgy kid born after the original series ended who became a superfan after 2005 and whom because they have a videocamera, a youtube account and some half baked opinions feels he has the right to tell people 3 times his age to "get the fuck out of his fandom"

Before youtube little shits like Bill would have no voice and just be a general irritant to his long suffering friends and family, but to a generation of mouth breathing dittoheads because he has a youtube channel he suddenly becomes an authority and a Doctor Who fan gatekeeper.

That's one of the main reasons why I want nuwho cancelled, so Carlisle's channel will quickly diminsh and he will have to fuck off and get a real job.

770Series 11 - Page 31 Empty Re: Series 11 17th February 2019, 12:22 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

Commander Maxil wrote:What does she do in the book? Pick her nose and then slice down a bunch of white males with a chainsaw?

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

The book overall is sadly a mess. I LOVED the first half of it. The first half is clearly taken straight from Tom and Ian's script with very little tinkering. Its basically an old Hinchcliff era story, with no references to New Who.

The second part meanwhile has its moments like Charon's taxi ride, the Lizard torturing the Doctor by being a crushing bore, and the pin ball machine fight. All of these are again Tom's ideas (you can tell even if you didn't know the background.)

Also the idea behind Scratchman that Ian and Tom dreamed up is absolutely inspired. Scratchman would have made a fantastic recurring foe for the Doctor. He's both terrifying and hilarious.

Sadly however the second half of the book is clearly where the New Who hack and shill takes over and he butchers what could have been one of the greatest DW stories of any medium.

To start with there are far too many continuity references. The first, second and third Doctors appear as scarecrows in hell to torment the 4th Doctor.

No way would Tom who famously said "OTHER DOCTORS!" when asked who his fave was want them to be included, and quite rightly so. This isn't a multi Doctor story, and something as big as the first 4 Doctors appearing together shouldn't be crowbarred into the end of a story that's not about that for no reason. That's a bad fanfic author who does that.

Also there's nonsense about being kind, and the Doctor makes references about how he will one day wear stilleto heels too.

Furthermore the Doctor is made out to be the pivot of the universe and an angry god again like in New Who. There is a lot of macho shit, like the Doctor just walking out in the middle of his trial because he knows the Time Lords would never dare lift a finger against him. LOL I must have dreamed that time they turned him into a galactic YoYo for years and he never actually got one over on them. He is only free to wander again because they forgive him remember! Also Trial of a Time Lord takes place after this too.

The Time Lords are also completely out of character. They are happy to destroy entire planets as though it were nothing. Remember when that was a scandal that almost broke them in Trial? Or remember them sending him to help planets like Solon and Peladon

It baffles me that people who revel in continuity so much get it wrong all the time! I think it shows contempt for Classic Who fans. They think we are morons who will jump like trained seals at the mention of say Androzani and the Brig, and not care about anything else.

Personally I wouldn't care if they never mentioned an old story or Doctor. What mention of Hartnell was there in Pyramids of Mars? Just write the Doctor as the fucking Doctor and write a proper story!

Also they do the New Who shit of making out that the Doctor is terrified of regeneration, and that all the Doctors are totally different people, different consciousness, different minds etc. Tom's Doctor is like Tennant with his I don't want to go shit, which is completely out of character.

That was NEVER part of it in old who. It makes 0 sense to have the Doctors be different people.

If the writers had wanted that, then they could have easily had William Hartnell's Doctor die in the Tenth Planet, and another member of his kind take over, and reveal that The Doctor was a title passed down to members of his kind, whose job is to explore and catalogue the universe.

Audiences would have bought that no problem, and then each of the Doctors could literally be as different as they wanted. (Hey I don't doubt we would have had a female Doctor during the original run if that was the case.)

However they came up with regeneration because it allowed them to still keep it as the same character, but change it in practical ways to allow a new actor to play it. Sadly the New Who morons don't seem to get that, hence why Bill Hartnell is now a lesbian icon.

Also Jodie's cameos are absolutely awful. Worse than you can imagine.

The woman with the rainbow striped across her hearts was waiting for me, skimming stones out to sea. I went and stood beside her. I picked up a pebble, and tried to throw it. It sank with a plunk.
'Not bad! You get better at it, though', she said kindly, and then sent another pebble, bouncing across five sets of waves.
'I'll try not to look jealous,' I said, watching another stone sink.
'You just have to put the time in,' she told me. 'And you will.'
We skimmed some more pebbles, some more, some less.
'A lot of people died here. More than I'd like,' she told me critically.
I nodded. 'The argument that more would have died if I'd done nothing is my least favourite kind of tidying up. But it's done.'
'And now you're playing games?' She raised an eyebrow.

Pretty much ruined the book. Its like taunting the older fans, having Jodie Nosepicker show up and basically say she would have done things better, and scolding Tom, who in contrast to his usual proud self, is emasculated.

Such a shame that this book was wrecked by James Goss. Fucking cunt.

I hope that they make a movie of Scratchman one day. The original idea and premise is still sound.

I would love to see a film version of Scratchman released in 2023, for the 60th that ignores New Who, and serves as the pilot to another series.

My cast would be obviously the same cast for the alternate sequel, Julian Richings as the Doctor, Dana Delorenzo and Colin O'Donaghue as the companions, and for Scratchman IMO Bruce Campbell would be awesome.

Mark Hamill should play Charon, and Patrick Stewart should play the pompous Lizard. That would be so cool. Sadly I know its a pipe dream now, but you never know, given how bad series 11 flopped.

For what it's worth I will also be doing my own version of Scratchman. I will want to use the Scratchman character for some of my later stories, so I need a version of it to be canon to my series, so I'm going to do my own. Rest assured there will be no Jodie Nosepicker cameos. (Unless its as a vision to torture the Doctor in hell!)

771Series 11 - Page 31 Empty Re: Series 11 17th February 2019, 6:15 pm

ClockworkOcean

Dick Tater

It's just indescribably sad that not even Classic Who is safe anymore. It's also horrible to see the original cast (many of whom won't be with us for a whole lot longer) putting effort into projects that can't possibly be considered canon if and when an official alternate sequel arrives. It wouldn't surprise me if they even found some way of shoehorning Pisstaker into The Macra Terror. I definitely won't be buying it (or any 'new' Classic Who merchandise) until a Hiver declares it safe.

772Series 11 - Page 31 Empty Re: Series 11 17th February 2019, 7:47 pm

Mott1

Mott1

Somehow the recovering of missing Who stories would not be as appealing if the BBC did what George Lucas did with the Star Wars series' inserted CGI scenes, and superimposed the Jodie Doctor in - either with a finger up her hooter or looking like she's trying to do a dump.

773Series 11 - Page 31 Empty Re: Series 11 17th February 2019, 8:23 pm

Zarius

Zarius

Learned something interesting on Twitch, they had some of the series eleven writers in for a giveaway of free Doctor Who S11 DVDs, and during the live stream the entire chat booed the writers and insulted them

774Series 11 - Page 31 Empty Re: Series 11 17th February 2019, 8:41 pm

ClockworkOcean

Dick Tater

Zarius wrote:Learned something interesting on Twitch, they had some of the series eleven writers in for a giveaway of free Doctor Who S11 DVDs, and during the live stream the entire chat booed the writers and insulted them
LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

775Series 11 - Page 31 Empty Re: Series 11 17th February 2019, 9:24 pm

iank

iank

Ha ha!

You can only shield the hacks from criticism for so long, BBC.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 31 of 42]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 36 ... 42  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum