Arthur Stengos
Jonzu77
43 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 34 ... 42  Next

Go down  Message [Page 26 of 42]

626Series 11 - Page 26 Empty Re: Series 11 7th January 2019, 7:10 pm

ClockworkOcean

Dick Tater

"The impression you’re left with is that showrunner Chris Chibnall is simply more interested in his male characters than his female ones."
\
Series 11 - Page 26 Crybab10

Why are you complaining, John? You got exactly what you wanted. You spent the better part of a decade demanding that the show make demographic box-ticking the basis of its casting and storytelling decisions, and now you're seriously surprised that the few characters not shoehorned in on account of their skin colour and genitalia are the most well-developed? Christ, these people are beyond parody. You made your own deathbed, NPCs. Fucking lie in it.

Last edited by ClockworkOcean on 13th September 2019, 5:11 pm; edited 2 times in total

627Series 11 - Page 26 Empty Re: Series 11 7th January 2019, 7:10 pm

Boofer

Boofer

LOL LOL LOL

"Not SJW enough! Too many mans!"

LOL LOL LOL

I never thought it would be this much fun watching the identitarian left rip itself to shreds.

628Series 11 - Page 26 Empty Re: Series 11 7th January 2019, 8:44 pm

ClockworkOcean

Dick Tater

629Series 11 - Page 26 Empty Re: Series 11 7th January 2019, 9:21 pm

TheTimeTraveller

TheTimeTraveller

same as Obama's Nobel "Peace" Prize and the ridiculous winners of comic book prizes.
No one cares any more the awards are obviously bullshit.
Nothing NOTHING they try and do will erase the Stalingrad level defeat of the real audience scores.
Tide has turned already, they're toast.

630Series 11 - Page 26 Empty Re: Series 11 7th January 2019, 9:33 pm

bryanbraddock

bryanbraddock

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL
OK then if that performance was award worthy, then why didn't Su Pollard win any awards for her role as Peggy the chalet maid in HI-DI-DI?, because the performances are identical.

631Series 11 - Page 26 Empty Re: Series 11 7th January 2019, 9:35 pm

DogStar2000

Commander Maxil wrote:
burrunjor wrote:
I'm a sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, piece of shit spewed from the bum gut of Trump to make life miserable for women and non binary Muslims.

At least you finally admitted it.

LOL LOL LOL

https://theleisurehive.proboards.com/

632Series 11 - Page 26 Empty Re: Series 11 8th January 2019, 9:15 am

Zarius

Zarius

633Series 11 - Page 26 Empty Re: Series 11 8th January 2019, 9:44 am

TheTimeTraveller

TheTimeTraveller

Did they kill off UNIT because it was horribly white, too male, too militaristic and too English?

Last edited by TheTimeTraveller on 8th January 2019, 9:49 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ililliterasie)

634Series 11 - Page 26 Empty Re: Series 11 8th January 2019, 10:31 am

burrunjor

burrunjor

TheTimeTraveller wrote:Did they kill off UNIT because it was horribly white, too male, too militaristic and too English?

Except it wasn't. It was commanded by a black woman in the 80s and then there's Kate and Osgood in the 2010s. That's what makes it even more funny. Chinballs gave the crappiest ending to two female characters that most of the new fandom (and even a good chunk of the old) liked.

After all that fuss with Osgood and her Zygon sister, are we supposed to think they are both just on the dole now? What about the peace they needed to keep with the Zygons? All that stuff about Kate doing her father proud, oh no sorry, now UNIT's been shut down anyway, bye Kate.

PS someone also pointed out hilariously that Chinballs fucked himself with his Brexit jab as The Power of Three was set in 2020 where as this story was set in 2019 LOL LOL LOL LOL

Of course this already made 0 sense considering that Day of the Doctor and the Zygon two parter were set in the years they were released as well.

635Series 11 - Page 26 Empty Re: Series 11 8th January 2019, 1:17 pm

Rob Filth

Rob Filth

Boofer wrote:

LOL LOL LOL

"Not SJW enough! Too many mans!"

LOL LOL LOL

I never thought it would be this much fun watching the identitarian left rip itself to shreds.

I don't even consider their behaviour left-wing, I think identity politics is a right wing tabloid interpretation of left-wing policies - in other words, not actually left wing.

http://www.thefuckingobvious.com

636Series 11 - Page 26 Empty Re: Series 11 8th January 2019, 3:03 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

I don't even consider their behaviour left-wing, I think identity politics is a right wing tabloid interpretation of left-wing policies - in other words, not actually left wing.

Identity politics is born out of a combination of right wingers at the top who want to keep us fighting amongst ourselves, and poseurs who want to make a name for themselves.

Guys like George Soros LOVE identity politics because he is a right wing bastard who doesn't want people to band together and battle the REAL cause of inequality in our society. Class.

So he funds things like the woman's march, the LGBT march because that keeps idiots fighting about things like gender pronouns, turns women against men, and men against women as it leads to moronic things like MGTOW, splinters people into ever more tiny little categories like LGBTQYTERXEZ24397 etc, all instead of uniting together against people like him.

Its like that line from Working Class Hero "Keep you doped with religion and sex and tv. And you think you're so clever and classless and free. But you're still fucking peasants as far as I can see." Replace religion with identity politics, and

Series 11 - Page 26 2Q==

Series 11 - Page 26 Womens+March+2018

There you go. Still fucking mindless peasants, squabbling about the stupidest shit.

At the same time you also have soft, scared, wimpy little upper middle class spoiled brats who want to appear as revolutionary's, but are too scared or stupid to make any kind of proper analysis that goes against the received wisdom.

So these people like Anita Sarkeesian, will pick out easy targets, battles that have already been won, and with a little media manipulation look like they are actually fighting for worthy causes.

Sadly the media is always on their side as they are a pack of shameless cowards when it comes to fighting for things that need fighting for, and they are also the most disgusting misogynists too. Ironically the mainstream media is one of the last examples of institutionalised sexism in western society.

Still the media props these people up so that it can say to its critics "LOOK WE'RE NOT SEXISTS, WE SUPPORT FEMINISTS, WE HAVE AN "ANGRY" FEMINIST WRITING A COLUMN IN OUR RAG"

As a result its the phoney feminists and leftists that have had the influence on the next generation. Instead of John Pilger and Ayan Hirsi Ali, its fucking Caitlin Moron and Anita Sarkeesian these people listen to which has turned left wing politics into the joke it is.

The best thing to do is abandon the left, but not your left wing principles IMO. The right are every bit as bad. They are just as racist in their own way, just as tribal, and would shut people down if they could (they already did with McCarthy who many modern day right wingers like Stefan Molyneux and Sargon of Akkad try and paint as a great guy.)

Really these days as pretentious as it sounds I'm just a free agent, not linked to either. Doesn't mean I'm a centrist however, as centrism is another tribe and can easily lead to the worst aspects of both the left and the right being utilised, which indeed we see in our government today, which goes in for SJW, identity politics crap with its "don't criticise the laughably incompetent Theresea May because she is a woman", whilst imposing the most Draconian policies on the genuinely underprivileged, poor and disabled in our society.

637Series 11 - Page 26 Empty Re: Series 11 8th January 2019, 4:31 pm

Zarius

Zarius

638Series 11 - Page 26 Empty Re: Series 11 8th January 2019, 5:36 pm

UncleDeadly

UncleDeadly

burrunjor wrote:

Identity politics is born out of a combination of right wingers at the top who want to keep us fighting amongst ourselves, and poseurs who want to make a name for themselves.

Guys like George Soros LOVE identity politics because he is a right wing bastard who doesn't want people to band together and battle the REAL cause of inequality in our society. Class.

So he funds things like the woman's march, the LGBT march because that keeps idiots fighting about things like gender pronouns, turns women against men, and men against women as it leads to moronic things like MGTOW, splinters people into ever more tiny little categories like LGBTQYTERXEZ24397 etc, all instead of uniting together against people like him.

THANK-YOU. I think you have both just summed up precisely what this bullshit is really all about and that is co-opting the gullible to implement divide and conquer tactics.

So ironic that Doctor Who, which has always essentially been about remaining an individual and resisting totalitarianism, should fall victim to being a mouthpiece for these insidious practises.

The BBC, supposedly an impartial public-funded sevice, has a lot to answer for regarding being complicit in this but who is holding them to account?

639Series 11 - Page 26 Empty Re: Series 11 8th January 2019, 5:41 pm

UncleDeadly

UncleDeadly

Mott1 wrote:
UncleDeadly wrote:Bowlestrek is far too keen on David Tennant for my liking; "You can't deny the man can act". No, but i CAN deny that he can act CONVINCINGLY. His performance as the Doctor, aside from being wrongheadedly conceived is a strained, forced collection of tics and mannerisms filling the hole where a character should be.

That this has been taken on board as the template for the NuWho doctor has been a grim legacy. We currently find ourselves saddled with Jodie Whittaker aping it to no good effect.

Does Bowlestek honestly believe that the innate problems with NuWho suddenly developed between series 10 and 11? What about all the garbage we've had to put up with leading up to this? Its a clear progression of diminishing returns.

I hadn't been on here for a while but I was literally about to log in to write something along these lines. Bowlestrek's videos are enjoyable to watch but he seems in thrall to the RTD era and doesn't seem to feel it was the beginning of the corruption of the character & the show.

At best RTD's era was a generic, dumbed-down pisstake of the old show; at worst it was a blatant attempt to ape Joss Whedon's best work but one which sacrificed the spirit of Dr Who.

Quite. Its amazing how much resistance to this you'll find even in the DISDAIN threads on Gallifrey Base. I mean how much evidence do they need?!

Scratch that, they ignore it even when you spell it out.

640Series 11 - Page 26 Empty Re: Series 11 8th January 2019, 8:06 pm

TheTimeTraveller

TheTimeTraveller

Got my new account on GB just to mine salt.
I'm loving the final destruction of the ratings thread with the endless claims of review bombing. No one is review bombing this piece of shit, these are real audience reviews. Or why haven't any other similarly identity-driven shows received equally bad reviews?
If you compare the different writers and showrunners in nuWho on the rating sites, the low scores reflect the general consensus accurately in terms of popularity of RTD vs Moffat vs Chibnall. And in terms of indvidual "so good" episodes like Blink vs Series 11.

But no, it's a vast "right wing" conspiracy. Except the loudest youtube opponents of Series 11 are all centrist or leftie, and leaving aside those silly labels are all socially aware benevolent type people, not Hitlerists. They are in general all for female leads, multi-racial casts, weird sexual tropes in sci-fi and so on. But Series 11 puts the peanuts in their ideological shit, right across the board.
Naturally that means the problem is everyone else in the world, not Series 11, Shittaker or Chib.

Series 11 - Page 26 ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fi0.kym-cdn.com%2Fphotos%2Fimages%2Ffacebook%2F000%2F645%2F713%2F888

641Series 11 - Page 26 Empty Re: Series 11 9th January 2019, 4:14 pm

Zarius

Zarius

The consolidated figure over the last 7 days: 6.96m

Spin your way out of this one trilbe and freedom.

642Series 11 - Page 26 Empty Re: Series 11 9th January 2019, 7:31 pm

TheTimeTraveller

TheTimeTraveller

Zarius wrote:The consolidated figure over the last 7 days: 6.96m

Spin your way out of this one trilbe and freedom.

There's no external evidence to suggest that's even a real figure.
If it is, it's not a good one.

643Series 11 - Page 26 Empty Re: Series 11 9th January 2019, 7:46 pm

DeadManRising

DeadManRising

Holy crap... you people are STILL ranting about this abomination? Do none of you at any point in time EVER get tired of obsessively complaining about the exact same shit day after day? Seriously, none of you?  

Damn.

644Series 11 - Page 26 Empty Re: Series 11 9th January 2019, 8:24 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Are you ever going to remove the stick that's lodged up your backside? LOL

645Series 11 - Page 26 Empty Re: Series 11 9th January 2019, 8:35 pm

DeadManRising

DeadManRising

Hey. It's cool, man.

If spending the rest of your life obsessively ranting about a dying children's show day after day makes you happy and fulfilled then good for you! cheers

646Series 11 - Page 26 Empty Re: Series 11 9th January 2019, 11:20 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

Soniqua Martin Green has tossed her hat into the ring, saying we are all sexists for not liking her on Star Trek Discovery and Jodie.

See here.

Kind of makes me enjoy watching this scene from Once Upon A Time all the more.

Makes sense she didn't last long on Once Upon A Time. It has good female characters Big Grin

647Series 11 - Page 26 Empty Re: Series 11 10th January 2019, 1:02 am

iank

iank

It never occurs to them that maybe they're just a cunt.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

648Series 11 - Page 26 Empty Re: Series 11 10th January 2019, 3:08 am

TheTimeTraveller

TheTimeTraveller

DeadManRising wrote:Holy crap... you people are STILL ranting about this abomination? Do none of you at any point in time EVER get tired of obsessively complaining about the exact same shit day after day? Seriously, none of you?  

Damn.

Until the enemy is defeated, preferably destroyed in fact, the war will continue. And indeed, escalate.

649Series 11 - Page 26 Empty Re: Series 11 10th January 2019, 1:42 pm

ClockworkOcean

Dick Tater

burrunjor wrote:Soniqua Martin Green has tossed her hat into the ring, saying we are all sexists for not liking her on Star Trek Discovery and Jodie.

See here.

Kind of makes me enjoy watching this scene from Once Upon A Time all the more.

Makes sense she didn't last long on Once Upon A Time. It has good female characters Big Grin

The only thing I'll say in STD's favour is that it's definitely not as bad as what's been done to Doctor Who and Star Wars.

Though pernicious, its politics aren't as overtly hateful as those of The Last Jedi, and it hasn't come close to anything as despicable as turning the longest-running character in sci-fi history into a horribly written, horribly acted laughing stock for the sake of shallow political posturing. It at least has a few interesting sci-fi premises here and there (even if they're poorly executed), which is more than can be said for Chibnall's bastardisation of Doctor Who. Even with Hispter Spock on the horizon, there are so many gaping discrepancies that there's no way it can plausibly be set in the same universe as the first five shows, so the legacy of the 1966-2005 period remains undamaged.

The existence of an enjoyable alternative in The Orville also makes me less inclined to give a shit about Discovery. If only such a thing existed in relation to Doctor Who.

650Series 11 - Page 26 Empty Re: Series 11 10th January 2019, 3:15 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

The only thing I'll say in STD's favour is that it's definitely not as bad as what's been done to Doctor Who and Star Wars.

Though pernicious, its politics aren't as overtly hateful as those of The Last Jedi, and it hasn't come close to anything as despicable as turning the longest-running character in sci-fi history into a horribly written, horribly acted laughing stock for the sake of shallow political posturing. It at least has a few interesting sci-fi premises here and there (even if they're poorly executed), which is more than can be said for Chibnall's bastardisation of Doctor Who. Even with Hispter Spock on the horizon, there are so many gaping discrepancies that there's no way it can plausibly be set in the same universe as the first five shows, so the legacy of the 1966-2005 period remains undamaged.

The existence of an enjoyable alternative in The Orville also makes me less inclined to give a shit about Discovery. If only such a thing existed in relation to Doctor Who.

Oh I quite agree. Of the three of them its the least terrible. I think that even Discovery's harshest critic would agree that Once Upon A Time would be the greatest show ever made if Peter Pan had shot either Rey or Jodie with an arrow, and Robert Carlyle had then crushed either of their hearts instead of Michael's Big Grin

I wouldn't count Discovery not being set in the same universe. New Who has FAR more discrepancies with Classic Who than Discovery ever did. They don't care about continuity and anyone who does is a ming mong remember.

Funny thing is I had high hopes for Discovery. I actually didn't mind Martin Green as an actress in Once and The Walking Dead, and I LOVE Michelle Yeoh. I guess though someone who is good for a villain won't always be good as a lead.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 26 of 42]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 34 ... 42  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum