43 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 28 ... 42  Next

Go down  Message [Page 14 of 42]

326Series 11 - Page 14 Empty Re: Series 11 26th November 2018, 1:20 pm

bryanbraddock

bryanbraddock

Commander Maxil wrote:I hate this fucking tosser:

https://twitter.com/benjamin_cook/status/1066761825147068416

I think hate Ben Cook probably more than anyone else connected to nuwho.
He's an absolute sycophant and a perfect example of everything wrong with
this era of the show.
I've hated him since I watched him (figuratively) sucking RTD's cock on confidential years ago.

Oh and the writers tale was complete bollocks.

327Series 11 - Page 14 Empty Re: Series 11 26th November 2018, 1:37 pm

BillPatJonTom

BillPatJonTom

Not sounding too good for this latest Doc is it?

I suspect the failure of 'SJW Who' is inevitable if it only ever appeals to a limited group i.e those of the same mindset or susceptible to indoctrination. The rest of the potential audience is going to be left indifferent or even hostile. Well not likely to build popular appeal  LOL

I stopped watching New Who a while ago after years in the forlorn hope it might somehow evolve into something resembling the best aspects of the classic series. The trailers I've seen for the latest series certainly haven't encouraged me to change viewing habits.

That Chibnall, RTD and Moffat (all supposedly fans of classic Doctor Who!) all failed to capture the essence of the original series would be bad enough. What's worse though especially now is "Doctor Who" bears such little resemblance to the classic series that its once fondly remembered reputation looks forever tarnished.

328Series 11 - Page 14 Empty Re: Series 11 26th November 2018, 5:02 pm

Zarius

Zarius

Series 11 - Page 14 Ds7qUs1XgAATVbU

New year, new scarf

329Series 11 - Page 14 Empty Re: Series 11 26th November 2018, 5:22 pm

Zarius

Zarius

330Series 11 - Page 14 Empty Re: Series 11 26th November 2018, 5:29 pm

Boofer

Boofer

What a fucking pussy.

331Series 11 - Page 14 Empty Re: Series 11 26th November 2018, 6:05 pm

Zarius

Zarius

I told him in the comments section he and his buddies had this coming for years for the way they themselves abused Moffat and his audience

Still, anytime you see a video like this crop up where they beg people abusing them to leave them alone just shows how much their confidence is eroding and that they're letting people like El Patron and Bowelstrek live in their heads rent free

332Series 11 - Page 14 Empty Re: Series 11 26th November 2018, 7:52 pm

Zarius

Zarius

333Series 11 - Page 14 Empty Re: Series 11 26th November 2018, 8:46 pm

iank

iank

lols What a shitstorm.
Can't wait to see the back of this show and the hideous fanbase it's attracted.
Don't get me wrong - there are some who came in with New Who, went back to classic and realised it was immeasurably superior. I have nothing but respect for them. But the WhoAddicts (who do "Retro" reviews of New Who stories lol) and Mr Tardis-likes... ugh.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

334Series 11 - Page 14 Empty Re: Series 11 26th November 2018, 9:41 pm

Boofer

Boofer

You should check out his twitter...

Fucking hilarious meltdown. LOL

335Series 11 - Page 14 Empty Re: Series 11 26th November 2018, 10:32 pm

TheTimeTraveller

TheTimeTraveller

As for "fandom", Lawrence Miles nailed it. Doctor Who dies if it ever enters subculture fan ghetto territory, because it is meant to be mainstream entertainment that happens to be sci-fi, it isn't meant to be an American style genre show with its awful fan culture. The "fandom" alienates everyone else.

336Series 11 - Page 14 Empty Re: Series 11 26th November 2018, 11:14 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

Boofer wrote:You should check out his twitter...

Fucking hilarious meltdown. LOL

Fuck me you weren't kidding. Here are some absolute gems.

You Have More In Common With Darth Vader Than Luke

I Think They Are Having An Existential Crisis

This Negativity Is Happening To Sci Fi Series That Add Women and POC to the cast

No Youtube I don't Want To See A Video Called Demons of The Punjab

You Know What Annoys Me About Youtube Right Now

He also posted this picture of more stupid faces from Jodie.

Series 11 - Page 14 Ds3zEcCWkAAFu4S

Be honest could you have ever dreamed that DW would be this big a laughing stock. And to think they have the cheek to go on about how it was a joke in the 90s because a couple of cunts on panel shows might make fun of it from time to time. Like anyone with any intelligence cares what those NPC cunts think any way.

Yeah some of these twats didn't like DW in the 90s. Never mind that it was still a best seller on video on DVD, made millions of new fans (including yours truly) and was an inspiration on people like Matt Groening, Steven Spielberg and Joseph Michael Straznsyki. They were much worse people to be seen as its fans than the Tumblr crowd LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

337Series 11 - Page 14 Empty Re: Series 11 26th November 2018, 11:27 pm

iank

iank

The guy might actually be mentally ill.

No, no way could I have ever imagined the show being this much of a laughing stock. It just simply isn't the same program - I've said it before and I'll say it again: It's a parody. And a really overextended and unfunny one now.
I just want it dead.

338Series 11 - Page 14 Empty Re: Series 11 27th November 2018, 2:58 am

Genkimonk

Genkimonk

TheTimeTraveller wrote:As for "fandom", Lawrence Miles nailed it. Doctor Who dies if it ever enters subculture fan ghetto territory, because it is meant to be mainstream entertainment that happens to be sci-fi, it isn't meant to be an American style genre show with its awful fan culture. The "fandom" alienates everyone else.

Agreed. American culture ruins everything. It literally has no value other than to distort and destroy. Seen it here in Japan too with how the Disneyfication of everything is meaning less and less children know of their own traditional stories.

And don't get me started on the behaviour of the yanks. My company has actually stopped hiring them given the amount of shit they caused.

I know it is wrong to tar all of them in the same brush, but I have just had too many run ins with them.

339Series 11 - Page 14 Empty Re: Series 11 27th November 2018, 3:37 am

TheTimeTraveller

TheTimeTraveller

Genkimonk wrote:
TheTimeTraveller wrote:As for "fandom", Lawrence Miles nailed it. Doctor Who dies if it ever enters subculture fan ghetto territory, because it is meant to be mainstream entertainment that happens to be sci-fi, it isn't meant to be an American style genre show with its awful fan culture. The "fandom" alienates everyone else.

Agreed. American culture ruins everything. It literally has no value other than to distort and destroy. Seen it here in Japan too with how the Disneyfication of everything is meaning less and less children know of their own traditional stories.

And don't get me started on the behaviour of the yanks. My company has actually stopped hiring them given the amount of shit they caused.

I know it is wrong to tar all of them in the same brush, but I have just had too many run ins with them.

Not All Americans
Nothing To Do With Americanism

no but seriously I know that feel bro.

340Series 11 - Page 14 Empty Re: Series 11 27th November 2018, 8:03 am

iank

iank

I'm not sure I buy the argument. "Mainstreaming" the show is arguably the whole reason New Who is so flat. The Davies era was undeniably mainstream. It also wasn't very good.
I think there's a difference between aiming at the show at fans, and pandering to them. The latter - endless continuity references and convoluted mythology - should certainly be avoided, but would the former - i.e making the show recognisably Who in the classic format - really be so terrible?

341Series 11 - Page 14 Empty Re: Series 11 27th November 2018, 9:16 am

TheTimeTraveller

TheTimeTraveller

iank wrote:I'm not sure I buy the argument. "Mainstreaming" the show is arguably the whole reason New Who is so flat. The Davies era was undeniably mainstream. It also wasn't very good.
I think there's a difference between aiming at the show at fans, and pandering to them. The latter - endless continuity references and convoluted mythology - should certainly be avoided, but would the former - i.e making the show recognisably Who in the classic format - really be so terrible?

Original Doctor Who was mainstream, it was made by drama and serials and it was meant to be part of mainstream entertainment.

Making it for "fandom" and treating it as a genre show is the wrong way to do it. RTD used Buffy as his guide, not that you'd realize, and that was a mistake as well. As soon as Tennant came along his luvvie star status and ego put paid to that.

342Series 11 - Page 14 Empty Re: Series 11 27th November 2018, 10:09 am

iank

iank

But mainstream in the 60s, 70s and 80s is very different to the mainstream of today. I'm far from convinced that the show can be made in the way it used to be in today's mainstream. For one thing, "family entertainment" is infinitely more sanitized today than it once was, which is why New Who often is so gutless.

343Series 11 - Page 14 Empty Re: Series 11 27th November 2018, 10:58 pm

TheTimeTraveller

TheTimeTraveller

iank wrote:But mainstream in the 60s, 70s and 80s is very different to the mainstream of today. I'm far from convinced that the show can be made in the way it used to be in today's mainstream. For one thing, "family entertainment" is infinitely more sanitized today than it once was, which is why New Who often is so gutless.

Great point. I see it not as sanitization though but as a sign of the mind control the current governments try and exert over every facet of our lives. Happiness Patrol, 1984, Brave New World, call it what you will but the fact comes down to the idea of control, no sharp edges, boil the frog.

The mistake made by the female spinoff was to jump too many steps. They should have had a single story featuring sex swap technology and made a procrustean petard out of the Doctor being a woman for one story. Then ease into it.

The way they did it showed a degree of panic, perhaps an apprehension that their control rather than strengthening is slipping. A desire to destroy the target while they still have the opportunity.

344Series 11 - Page 14 Empty Re: Series 11 27th November 2018, 11:11 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

burrunjor wrote:
He also posted this picture of more stupid faces from Jodie.

Series 11 - Page 14 Ds3zEcCWkAAFu4S

Horrid woman. Doesn't give a shit about Doctor Who or the character at all. Perhaps she should have did a bit of research before taking on the role as her "I'll make a funny face and see what happens" approach is insulting.

345Series 11 - Page 14 Empty Re: Series 11 28th November 2018, 10:47 am

burrunjor

burrunjor

Horrid woman. Doesn't give a shit about Doctor Who or the character at all. Perhaps she should have did a bit of research before taking on the role as her "I'll make a funny face and see what happens" approach is insulting.

Series 11 - Page 14 Ds33V2UX4AAVHTa

Series 11 - Page 14 Ds36g5HWkAEdqFj

Series 11 - Page 14 Z

Series 11 - Page 14 1101_28827

I don't know when you look at the nuances of her performance and the deep gravitas she brings to the role you can see that we were all clearly mistaken and just masking our problems with women  LOL  LOL  LOL  LOL  LOL

346Series 11 - Page 14 Empty Re: Series 11 28th November 2018, 12:39 pm

Boofer

Boofer

That last one deserves a caption competition.

347Series 11 - Page 14 Empty Re: Series 11 28th November 2018, 8:58 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

Well, well looks like people are saying this episode is anti semitic because it attacked the old testament.

Anti semitism in Doctor Who

I don't agree with this. The old testament is awful and people should be allowed to attack it without idiots saying that means they hate Jewish people in general.

However that said the makers of New Who are exactly the type of people who would call the likes of me racist for commenting on how fucking heinous the Quran is.

Hell they already did with their poor Muslims crap that Yasmin was coming out with in the Rosa episode.

He who lives by the sword dies by the sword.

348Series 11 - Page 14 Empty Re: Series 11 28th November 2018, 10:07 pm

iank

iank

lols

349Series 11 - Page 14 Empty Re: Series 11 29th November 2018, 1:12 am

TheTimeTraveller

TheTimeTraveller

They can't use the typical No True Scotsman propaganda to excuse the savagery of islam then complain when fellow traveller useful idiots turn on the Old Testament. Witless.

It's another illustration of how clumsy the writing on the female spinoff really is.

350Series 11 - Page 14 Empty Re: Series 11 29th November 2018, 1:14 am

TheTimeTraveller

TheTimeTraveller

Boofer wrote:That last one deserves a caption competition.

Theory: the ultimate level gurning disguises Brie Larson level resting bitch face.

Which is preferable?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 14 of 42]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 28 ... 42  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum