You are not connected. Please login or register

Big Finish suggestions!

+3
Pepsi Maxil
TheTimeTraveller
tardis
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Big Finish suggestions! Empty Big Finish suggestions! 1st August 2018, 10:14 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

I want to see a spin-off series featuring Womulus and Wemus from The Twin Dilemma. I'm dying to know what they're like in the future and how the whole kidnapping business has helped developed them as people. Maybe The Sixth Doctor and one of his 237 Big Finish companions can drop in on them and see what they're up to. I'd personally like to see the twins as a pair of assassins. Make it happen, guys!

2Big Finish suggestions! Empty Re: Big Finish suggestions! 1st August 2018, 11:08 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

Coming soon to Big Finish.

The Planet of Gold.

Follow the Vogans as they struggle to adapt to life on the surface again only to be opposed by various enemies who want the planet of gold for their own nefarious means, the Daleks, Cybermen, Missy, the Weeping Angels, the Slitheen. Fortunately however River Song is on hand to defend the planet of Gold.

The Necrosian Chronicles

Can the folks at Necros restore the facilities reputation by curing the famine crisis. Fortunately a mysterious stranger in a Scottish accent with an umbrella is here to help them, but what are her real motives? Calling Benny Summerfield.

The Tribe of Gum

Find out what became of those desperate savages that the TARDIS team encountered all those years ago. Discover the amazing twist that the Tribe of Gum were actually the ancestors of the Time Lords, and how one bit of the TARDIS the Doctor left behind when they captured him later led to the invention of the entire time lord society. Featuring Jenny Eclair as the second incarnation of Ka who stalks out heroes, and is later revealed to be Rassilon in an earlier incarnation, as well as the Daleks who travel backwards in time to try and kill the Time Lords at an early point in their development.

The Control Adventures

Follow Control and her motley band of a Neanderthal, a hunter, and a disgraced alien Josiah as they explore the universe cataloguing all life, whilst Control learns what its like to be a lady, and sees how women are mistreated across the universe.

The Perivale Incursion

See what happened to Derek and Shreela after they managed to overcome the horror of being trapped on the Cheetah planet and what other mysterious horrors lurk in Perival, with the Masters messing about with the barriers between earth and the Cheetah planet having created a rip between universes allowing aliens and monsters from all universe to come pouring into our reality.

The women who saved the universe

The Drahvins are preparing to destroy every universe, and so its up to Clara, and Me to gather a team of Bill/Heather, Lady Christina De Souza, Donna, Martha, Rose Tylah, Astrid, River Song and Missy to save every universe from destruction.

Special features not only include a 3 hour making of feature, but also a special interview with Christel Dee about how DW has always been a show about female empowerment.

3Big Finish suggestions! Empty Re: Big Finish suggestions! 1st August 2018, 11:14 pm

iank

iank

My suggestion is bankrupcy.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

4Big Finish suggestions! Empty Re: Big Finish suggestions! 2nd August 2018, 1:38 am

TheTimeTraveller

TheTimeTraveller

It's impossible to parody Big Finish at this point. Just trawl through their last couple of years of releases and it's literally factorial recombination.

!River Song (so strong so brave so sexy! THAS RITE BIGOT!) x !Doctor(the least appropriate Doctor to meet her) x !Enemy(an Enemy that in the original show had clearly appeared for the first time)

and so on.

For example having the First Doctor meeting the Sontarans. It isn't "wrong" or even the worst example but it still felt wrong.

All I really want from Big Finish, and I'll never get it, is the original cast doing adventures in the style of their original era, continuing the story. That's all. They do it best with the Fourth Doctor Adventures but even there the contamination has infected it.

5Big Finish suggestions! Empty Re: Big Finish suggestions! 2nd August 2018, 2:04 am

tardis

tardis

BFAs early things were wonderful and really did feel like a continuation of the Classic Series. My favourite being “Zagreus” (But then I love anything that has a hint of being TARDIS-centric.)

I also really loved the Gallifrey Series with Romana II as president and everything she faced leading upto the start of the Time War. I appreciated (though <i>liked</i> is too strong a word) the War Doctor Series, if only because Big Finish does well with Fixing a lot of what NuWho leaves to be desired.

I know I’ll get hate for this, but I didnt hate the first Series of “Diary of River Song” (But given how much I totally despised that character, ‘not hating’ isn’t the same universe as ‘liking’ it.)

I still think the Main Range is the best after Gallifrey Series. The “X-Doctor Adventures” tend to bore me too quickly, or the stories get too big/complex like NuWho “Let’s throw everything against the wall and see what sticks”. For me that doesn’t work for a ‘series’.

While they do a good job of fixing a lot of NuWho flaws, they are horrible with their characterisation of most of the Doctors, especially Six. They’re the best with Four, and Five and Seven is very hit-and-miss. I like most of the Eghth Doctor stories, if only because it’s interesting to see how different writers handle Eight and how McGann handles the different writers’ interpretation of him.

On the upside, I’ve found many resources where I can get most of the audios for free, so as long as I don’t have to pay for them, I don’t mind listening to them too much. But as to pay for them? Meh. I know they need to pay everyone who does them, but 20/‘episode’ is pretty steep to me - especially for online delivery.

6Big Finish suggestions! Empty Re: Big Finish suggestions! 2nd August 2018, 8:44 am

TheTimeTraveller

TheTimeTraveller

I was spending between 300 and 500 a month on Big Finish, with little or no regard for their pointless offers or discounts. I suddenly realized that there was a profound and very noticeable change in quality as one approached the Nicholas Briggs Lisa Bowerman era and that was that- stopped buying anything but Jago and Litefoot. Then the Lisa Bowerman infection spread in J&L, interrupting the stars and their own story in favour of Lisa centric stories that were a complete load of crap. Finally they spread out the real content much too thin and then one of the stars died and they did a horrendous cheap cash grab of a finale.

At the same time Sixth Doctor monthly ranges now features everyone but his actual companion Peri or the penguin Frobisher, and instead it's the endless and endlessly dull original companions and increasingly preachy politicized stories. No thank you.

The Fourt Doctor range went completely horribly wrong with (surprise!) an original Big Finish villain no one asked for dominating what was it, six or eight stories? An unforgiveable waste of the dwindling time left with the real cast.

But that's typical of current Big Finish. They go to any lengths to perpetuate their own awful guff but don't trouble themselves to go and get the actual surviving cast to do some actual retro work. If they were telling all new stories one could understand it but they do an incredible number of ill executed direct sequels so not getting back eg Duggan from City of Death for a story with 4 and Romana (or Leela for that matter) is bollocks.

Big Finish hate money. So, let their time be cut short, let their place be taken by another.

They have fallen a long way from Year of the Pig and The Widow's Assassin, let alone from Zagreus.

7Big Finish suggestions! Empty Re: Big Finish suggestions! 2nd August 2018, 9:31 am

iank

iank

I'm kind of turned off them altogether tbh, but I agree that wasting time on companions that never were is just a fucking joke. I hear Tom's next run will have another companion who never was instead of actually using Louise or Lalla while they - and, indeed, Tom - are still with us.
I think it's moronic, but I don't think I'm their audience anyway.

8Big Finish suggestions! Empty Re: Big Finish suggestions! 19th September 2018, 4:40 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

Big Finish are doing a Missy Spinoff. Well that's clinched it for me. Cancelling my subscription right away, and will not be buying ANYMORE of their shit. When will the fitzroy cucks get it through their head ACTUAL DOCTOR WHO FANS FUCKING HATE MISSY!

The only people that "like" Missy are soyboy fans like Richard H Cucker, who are terrified of being called sexist, and idiot SJWs who would have praised her if she'd jumped naked out of a cake singing happy birthday Mr President to Peter Capaldi and given him a blowjob and rimjob as "channelling Delgado" because they want a female Doctor to take a role away from men.

9Big Finish suggestions! Empty Re: Big Finish suggestions! 19th September 2018, 5:09 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

The only decent Big Finish idea in recent years was that series with Gilmore, Allison and Rachel. Counters Measure or something like that. Haven't they already done a book series with Missy? The character isn't THAT interesting.

10Big Finish suggestions! Empty Re: Big Finish suggestions! 19th September 2018, 10:27 pm

iank

iank

I've never been a massive fan, but yeah, they've sold out lock, stock and barrel now.
Something else Who-related I find utterly unappealing and uninteresting.

11Big Finish suggestions! Empty Re: Big Finish suggestions! 18th October 2018, 11:24 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

Big Finish are doing a story with River Song being present during the events of the web of fear.

They are actually bringing back Captain Knight.

Big Finish River Song

They also describe River's marriage to the Doctor as including 3 people, the other being the Master.

Big Finish are beyond a joke now.

12Big Finish suggestions! Empty Re: Big Finish suggestions! 18th October 2018, 11:29 pm

iank

iank

I really don't care. New Who is a non-canonical parody.

13Big Finish suggestions! Empty Re: Big Finish suggestions! 18th October 2018, 11:31 pm

Boofer

Boofer

BF have crapped their pants.

It's the end, and the moment is thankfully here.

14Big Finish suggestions! Empty Re: Big Finish suggestions! 19th October 2018, 10:48 am

Zarius

Zarius

How about

New Episodes, Classic Doctors

Releases in the collection

-Hell Bent: A waitress called Clara releases the Seventh Doctor from a confession dial on Gallifrey, only to realise her whole life has been manipulated by Fenric to prevent Ace's death on Trap Street so that can may die at the hands of the Lobri in the DWM comic strip "Ground Zero" LOL

-School Reunion: The Doctor and Benny Summerfield arrive at a school which is making use of supercomputers to try and crack the code to every time war ever fought. The Doctor reunites with Sarah Jane while Benny has one night stands with all the teachers LOL

15Big Finish suggestions! Empty Re: Big Finish suggestions! 26th April 2020, 3:44 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Constipation of the Cybermen. It will come out... eventually Wink

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum